Forum Settings
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2021 5:16 AM

Feb 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hooray we got the Sailor Moon Crystal version of the Dead Moon Arc!!

Overall I really liked it! After watching the whole original anime, SuperS was my least favorite, but I really liked this movie! I know Crystal is supposed to be more faithful to the manga, so it was a lot different from the original anime, but I still liked it a lot (I also saw it with my friends so that probably contributed to me liking it so much lol)

The original SuperS is my least favorite of the original anime seasons mainly bc it felt like there was so much Chibiusa fangirling over Pegasus, but it didn't feel like there was really too much of that going on so I was happy about that (granted they have to fit the whole arc into 2 movies, so I guess they didn't have a whole lot of time for fluff)

The pacing was craaaazy fast, but I'm not surprised given the short run-time of the movie, and they have to introduce the new problems/enemies and whatnot that come with this arc. That and they have to give each Sailor Scout a new power-up as they turn into super sailor scouts (speaking of, when Mars was in the mirror room and the mini-her in the mirror was saying how marrying a rich husband is like everyone's dream I was like OMG GIRL SAME x'D)

The animation and art and everything was reeeeally pretty! Deffo an improvement from the original Sailor Moon Crystal season, I'd say the animation keeps getting better and better. The cast also had some pretty stylish, fashionable outfits at times! But of course, the most fabulous of all were the Amazon Trio!!!

There was no attacking people to find the golden dream mirror, so the roles of the Amazon Trio and Amazon Quartet felt pretty different from the original anime (which I'm assuming is what the original manga was like). I kinda wish the Amazon Trio had more screen time, they were super fabulous, and I miss their bar scenes and whatnot :( I had no idea that originally the Amazon Quartet was there from the start, and that THEY were the ones who turned the animals into the Amazon Trio! I felt like PallaPalla did a lot and the other 3 like...didn't really do anything lol.

The ending was REALLY abrupt, so that took me by surprise. Also when they friggin' threw a rock onto Artemis and he started bleeding over Venus...I was like WTF O_o But luckily the time between the releases of the 1st and 2nd parts is really small! We get to see the outer sailor scouts in part 2, and Sailor Pluto is my favorite, so that's really exciting :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2021 4:39 PM

May 2020
Loved every minute of the movie!!! Solid 8/10 for me, a lot of that score is probably nostalgia but idc.

The art was gorgeous and I immediately cried seeing Helios, one of my favorite pretty boys ever. šŸ˜­ The pacing was breakneck speed which was a little unsettling but I didn't mind too much. I could listen to Watashi-tachi ni Naritakute alllllll day.
Jun 3, 2021 9:32 PM

Dec 2018
Super S done right IMO
It was great, loved that the 90s anime artstyle returned.
9/10

Jun 3, 2021 10:18 PM

Feb 2013
unfortunately, the only subbes version I could find so far becomes super buggy after 40 minutes
<-click
Jun 4, 2021 2:35 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This film unfortunately was a mixed bag. The animation was phenomenal and the music was pretty good, but the pacing was way too fast and the narrative didn't fit a film format. Maybe it could have fit if the film made some changes to the story line, but as it was, it just felt rushed and discombobulated. That being said, while the pacing was atrocious, the individual scenes themselves were pretty good and gave the characters some depth, although even that could have been improved on. But honestly, I am not the target demographic for this series, so perhaps others wouldn't mind the problems I had with it as much.
Jun 4, 2021 4:49 AM
Jun 2021
For a start I loved both movies (I think we can't see them as something isolated but a whole given the fact that it follows only one same story) I want that to be clear. Now in matters of animation is always better the 90s anime, so i dont like this art style, even though i liked the fact that they kept the 90s transformation for the moon crisis power. It was a nice touch to me after getting all the transformations changed so awfully in the crystal serie. I didn't liked artemis' nor mamoru's drawings neither Diana's. The translation into Spanish (my mother tongue, actually) left all the words as princess, small lady in English which was very weird and not the right thing to do in my opinion. They could have translated it as it was done in crystal but well. To end I loved that story in the manga I died with the ending of the arc and so did with the movie. I recommend it for everyone who likes Sailor Moon to see because even though it's not perfect it's still a sublime and beautiful movie.
P.S I can't wait to watch stars arc
Guerrero_LunaJun 4, 2021 5:09 AM
Jun 4, 2021 10:34 AM
May 2017
Am I the only one who finds it beyond absurd that Chibiusa keeps talking about how everyone is older than her despite being hundreds of years old? Like they kept going on about it over and over lmao

Jun 4, 2021 11:08 AM
Mar 2021
It was a good movie the main sailor guardians each got a moment to shine with new music and transformation scenes against the dead moon circus clones, overall I enjoyed it 9/10.
Jun 4, 2021 1:09 PM
Feb 2020
Good movie, kinda rushed maybe 10 minutes more would have made this a little better
Jun 4, 2021 11:16 PM

Apr 2009
Taifood said:
Am I the only one who finds it beyond absurd that Chibiusa keeps talking about how everyone is older than her despite being hundreds of years old? Like they kept going on about it over and over lmao

She is not older. I was born in 1991, it doesn't make me 1991 years old.
Jun 5, 2021 8:19 AM

Sep 2020
Taifood said:

The only thing I found a bit strange is that in brazilian portuguese she was dubbed by the same woman who did Naruto's voice. Imo it didn't fit well
Jun 5, 2021 4:41 PM
Apr 2018
Ok maybe. One thing I loved was how the sailor were so beautiful this time, finally the reboots nailed their looks. Pacing, yeah, it was... strange but idk, it was entertaining enough
Jun 6, 2021 12:24 PM
May 2017
jTiKey said:
Taifood said:

What are you talking about? Chibiusa was born not long after Usagi’s and Mamoru’s wedding. We first encounter her in the 30th century. What do you think that means? This isn’t hard lmao
Jun 6, 2021 12:31 PM

Apr 2009
Taifood said:
jTiKey said:

What are you talking about? Chibiusa was born not long after Usagi’s and Mamoru’s wedding. We first encounter her in the 30th century. What do you think that means? This isn’t hard lmao

It means that she time traveled to the past.
Jun 7, 2021 11:26 AM

Jul 2013
Watched it, and even though it was kinda rushed (as expected from adapting long manga arcs in a movie), I'm very happy Ami, Rei, Mako and Mina got their time to shine after getting so sidelined the previous season. I also think this is the first time they defeat actual enemies in the series (well, save Ami), which is also welcomed.
Jun 9, 2021 7:55 PM

Jul 2016
About the Chibiusa thing, I might be remembering it wrong, but I think in the manga is said that she is waaaaay older than she looks, that she stopped aging and nobody knows why and that is why she is obsessed about being older, because she wants to look like a grown woman, which she is supposed to be, but never grew up.
Can someone correct me if I'm wrong, because that memory of the manga always felt weird to me, because Chibiusa still acts like a child, so I'm confused if she really is older or not.
I'm pretty sure nothing of the sort was said in the original anime, but I'm not sure about crystal.
Jun 17, 2021 3:02 AM
Jul 2019
Quequel said:
About the Chibiusa thing, I might be remembering it wrong, but I think in the manga is said that she is waaaaay older than she looks, that she stopped aging and nobody knows why and that is why she is obsessed about being older, because she wants to look like a grown woman, which she is supposed to be, but never grew up.
Can someone correct me if I'm wrong, because that memory of the manga always felt weird to me, because Chibiusa still acts like a child, so I'm confused if she really is older or not.
I'm pretty sure nothing of the sort was said in the original anime, but I'm not sure about crystal.

Chibi-usa is chronologically 902 but she is still in a child body, so she thinks and acts like a child. She started to growing up after she transformed into senshi tho, i think she is physically 10-11 during Dream Arc.
Jun 22, 2021 11:40 AM
May 2017
The English dub using Japanese honorifics makes me laugh every time without fail. I’m going to assume they had no choice to match the flaps but I can’t take it I really can’t.
Jun 29, 2021 9:41 PM

Jan 2008
This was not a good movie. It dragged a lot, and the animation was sub-par for a supposed movie. Also, while it did drag it also felt rushed, and the characters seemed shallow.

Also... why does everyone remember everyone else naked whenever they need a friendship boost?
Jul 5, 2021 1:36 PM
Nov 2018
Show looks great, plot is your typical sailor moon plot just sped through.
Jul 15, 2021 2:55 PM

Dec 2008
Lbr, this "movie" has the feel of several episodes chopped together, it literally is the plots of individual manga chapters with few (? been a while since I read the manga) changes. It's not really a proper movie.

It was fine for what it is though. I really liked the individual focus on each inner senshi. Ami's was best. Seeing the Amazon trio again gave me the feels, even though they were quite different than their anime counterparts.

I kinda wish they'd just set it in the 90s if they were just going to follow the plot almost exactly anyway. A modern reboot might be interesting, but their attempts at being "totally modern day" seem to consist of Ami carrying an iPad or something.

Guess I'll watch the second half of this season second movie later.
Aug 14, 2021 1:13 AM

Jan 2009
Talk about a joyless mess of a movie lol
Does Mamoru ever develop a personality beyond that of a rock?
Why does it have to try to be so overdramatical when it didn't earn even 10% of it?
I never read the manga, but I imagine it could work there due to the more dreamy artstyle... this movie does not work in any level...
Jun 6, 2023 9:08 AM
Aug 2015
TOO MUCH CRAMPED INTO A MOCIE, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A SERIES NOT A MOVIE
Jun 19, 2023 7:33 PM
Apr 2016
I really apreciate when the give some character develoment to the inner sailors

More topics from this board

» TV cut possibility?

Cmdr_Pirx - Sep 12, 2021

0 by Cmdr_Pirx »»
Sep 12, 2021 6:23 PM

» Is this a sequel to the anime or a standalone Netflix movie?

purpleninja0006 - Jun 3, 2021

5 by Ikano »»
Jun 3, 2021 8:13 PM

» Coming to Netflix this June!

LacrimaMosa666 - Apr 28, 2021

6 by CatSoul »»
May 23, 2021 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.