Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2021 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not going to lie, I thought the first half of this week's episode was kinda boring.

At the same time, really hope Reki will improve his physical and mental health. It looks like he got really stressed out. It's half way point of this show and there's still time to improve his character.
Feb 20, 2021 10:26 AM
Mar 2016
So Reki did to Langa the same thing Miya's friends did to him, huh?
Too bad, Reki was my favourite character. Obviously he is not now.
Feb 20, 2021 10:35 AM
Jul 2013
Fruitpie said:

Eh is it the same thing? he did say he was scared and stuff if I understood correctly. And I saw he thought Langa was breaking their promise about Adam? He probably feels betrayed. Plus he has been continuously supporting Langa but there is no point continuing a relationship if you feel the way Reki does or if the relationship is just not working out. Obviously it's not Langa's fault but I would rather Reki took a break and sort his feelings out on this matter instead of bottling it inside. It's better this way and I personally don't think that makes him a bad person. The show already dunks on him a lot lol It would be weird if he didn't feel anything.
Feb 20, 2021 10:36 AM

Jun 2019
Reki isn't doing well. Right now, he's really feeling down. As my favorite character in this show, It's so hard to see him like that. I can relate to the situation he's been going through. You don't want to be under the shadow of someone forever when you want to do good as well. He's just feeling inferior to Langa. Can't blame him too. I hope they sort this out.
Feb 20, 2021 10:48 AM
Jul 2013
This was a rly heart wrenching episode. I feel extra bad for Reki, I know how it is. Hopefully he resolves his feelings cause I doubt this anime ends on a sad note lol

On the other hand it always bothers me how this show tries to beat you over the head with that whole message "Langa is superior a genius at EVERYTHING (that came out of nowhere tbh) just look at him and how great he is meanwhile Reki is this inferior one, he doesn't have such amazing talent blah blah". Like,,, i get it lmfao I understood that like 4 eps ago, seriously.

I wonder how Reki will come back from this tho. I don't think the show ever established his "skater personality" I would say. I don't remember seeing him skate for more than some leisure/fun/comedy stuff and that one time Adam humiliated him so I do wonder how this is going to end. It's gonna suck tho if they are keeping it for the finale if at all. I would like to actually see Reki skate druing some major moments,,,,

EDIT: ok so i watched it with subs... does the show have to constantly insult Reki all the time?? shadow and miya pointing out no one cares about Reki. Damn, others calling him a lowlife that hangs around Langa like some pest who is only there for attention and doesnt deserve being remembered. That was so uncalled for. There are ways of showing there is a power difference without being like THIS all the damn time.
Mika-taichoFeb 20, 2021 11:37 AM
Feb 20, 2021 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
damn this episode was so sad... feel bad for reki feeling inferior, hope he feels better soon. langa's been skating for way longer then him and stuff so he shouldn't worry about stuff like that and just be happy with langa although it is understandable why he'd act like that. interesting stuff with adam and his family too, wonder how this tournaments gonna go down?
Feb 20, 2021 11:03 AM

Mar 2015
It took a while, but the jealously is finally here, poor Reki.
Also, poor Tadashi seems like he was trained to be that way, to express no emotion at all.

This episode was such a rollercoaster of emotions for every character in the series, what a change of pace from the previous ones.
Feb 20, 2021 11:03 AM
Sep 2015
Even though they're breaking, their interaction is still look cute to me... teenagers.. such a passionate youth.

I suggest one realism solution to this, Reki stop skating and focus on creating skateboard instead, this is the one skill that he's definitely better than Langa, and it's actuall the skill that might make him a millionaire in the future.

But of course, Reki is not gonna stop skating, this is anime after all.
Feb 20, 2021 11:05 AM

Aug 2020
The inevitable Jealousy arc. Langa didn't do anything to deserve Reki's bs but at the same time i can understand where Reki is coming from, hope he gets over this soon before their friendship fully decays.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Feb 20, 2021 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
This situation was inevitable although I hope doesn't take too long to resolve it, the crazy races are why I'm watching this show for.
Feb 20, 2021 11:24 AM

Mar 2012
Mika-taicho said:
Fruitpie said:

Eh is it the same thing? he did say he was scared and stuff if I understood correctly. And I saw he thought Langa was breaking their promise about Adam? He probably feels betrayed. Plus he has been continuously supporting Langa but there is no point continuing a relationship if you feel the way Reki does or if the relationship is just not working out. Obviously it's not Langa's fault but I would rather Reki took a break and sort his feelings out on this matter instead of bottling it inside. It's better this way and I personally don't think that makes him a bad person. The show already dunks on him a lot lol It would be weird if he didn't feel anything.

Agreed. It's not the same thing. Reki doesn't abandon Langa because he feels inferior. If that were true, he would've left Langa episodes ago, heck even in the first few minutes of the episode when he starts learning how others view him compared to Langa.

Mika-taicho said:
On the other hand it always bothers me how this show tries to beat you over the head with that whole message "Langa is superior a genius at EVERYTHING (that came out of nowhere tbh) just look at him and how great he is meanwhile Reki is this inferior one, he doesn't have such amazing talent blah blah". Like,,, i get it lmfao I understood that like 4 eps ago, seriously.

This x100. I'm so tired of this being shoved down our throats every single freaking episode.
Feb 20, 2021 11:24 AM
Sep 2016
phantomfandom said:
Even though they're breaking, their interaction is still look cute to me... teenagers.. such a passionate youth.

I suggest one realism solution to this, Reki stop skating and focus on creating skateboard instead, this is the one skill that he's definitely better than Langa, and it's actuall the skill that might make him a millionaire in the future.

What kind of shitty mindset is "ignore your passion, only follow your talents?"
Feb 20, 2021 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
i just hope ppl would not hate on reki because of this now. anyone could be in the same situation if you have a friend like that. it would be weird if he didn't feel anything. Now reki needs to sort his feelings out and try to not think about being like langa and instead be himself. this is not reki's fault, not langa's either.

either way this episode was really painful to watch and i nearly cried
Feb 20, 2021 11:28 AM

Jun 2020
mattrash said:
phantomfandom said:

What kind of shitty mindset is "ignore your passion, only follow your talents?"

Lmao I was gonna say the same thing lol. Why should he quit doing something he is so passionate about instead of trying to improve?
This anime shit is addictive
Feb 20, 2021 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
also can i just take tadashi from adam. i feel bad for him
Feb 20, 2021 11:37 AM

Jun 2020
Fruitpie said:

It's far from the same thing. You probably don't see all this from Reki's perspective at all. Reki was always happy to see Langa perform well and get the attention he deserves, even at the beginning of this episode, he was happy hearing praise about Langa. His envy and frustration doesn't stem from the fact that his friend has become better than him at skateboarding, it stems from the fact that he has been resorted to a "lowlife" that hangs around with Langa, and all the effort he has ever put into skateboarding has seemingly been negated just because he was left behind. If you were in Reki's stead, would you really be able to calmly shake off the things those random dudes were saying about you? That you were just a lowlife hanging around with your friend? That he was the talented one and you were nothing? Despite all the effort and time you put into skateboarding? Or do you prefer idealistic characters that are unable to feel any kind of emotion besides positivity? Reki's reaction is very human, anyone else would feel the same pain. Nobody can hear those things about themselves and feel unaffected.
This anime shit is addictive
Feb 20, 2021 11:41 AM

Jan 2011
"I have no opinions."

I think we knew who called the cops now. Adam is kind of a piece of shit to throw his own guy under the bus because he fucked up and decided to be dirty by paying someone off to keep S off the route. This is getting really good. Not a fan of the tournament arc with only 4 episodes left though.

spectrojan said:
Fruitpie said:

It's far from the same thing. You probably don't see all this from Reki's perspective at all. Reki was always happy to see Langa perform well and get the attention he deserves, even at the beginning of this episode, he was happy hearing praise about Langa. His envy and frustration doesn't stem from the fact that his friend has become better than him at skateboarding, it stems from the fact that he has been resorted to a "lowlife" that hangs around with Langa, and all the effort he has ever put into skateboarding has seemingly been negated just because he was left behind. If you were in Reki's stead, would you really be able to calmly shake off the things those random dudes were saying about you? That you were just a lowlife hanging around with your friend? That he was the talented one and you were nothing? Despite all the effort and time you put into skateboarding? Or do you prefer idealistic characters that are unable to feel any kind of emotion besides positivity? Reki's reaction is very human, anyone else would feel the same pain. Nobody can hear those things about themselves and feel unaffected.
I thought this was obvious. The dude your responding just woosh so hard, it's rich.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 20, 2021 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was really good and painful at the same time. this makes me relate to reki so much and i just want the best for him. i also feel pain for langa too. It was really painful seeing langa looking so sad in rain while reki was saying all that. I hope everything get fixed next episode bcs i don't think i can handle more pain.

see how many times i typed "pain" that's exactly how i feel right now.
Feb 20, 2021 11:54 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Good episode, but pretty melodramatic tbh.

I understand that Reki is going through shit with his mental, but I don't think he should be acting like the sole victim if he's trying to hold back Langa out of his own insecurities.
Feb 20, 2021 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
I'm already seeing huge upcoming character development for Reki in the future episodes. Hopefully he'll prove his haters wrong and show them who's the real deal. Maybe even going toe to toe with Langa in terms of skating but idk if that's realistic considering the gap between their amount of natural talent
Feb 20, 2021 12:21 PM

Jun 2013
It was the hardest episode to watch so far, aah

I'd say Reki is one of the most relatable character in anime history. When someone surpasses you in a thing you have been doiong for years, it's hard to just brush it off and always be supportive. I am actually amazed how Reki showed all the support for Langa but he just can't let go of the frustration.

I am glad that Langa wanted to be honest with him saying that he wants to skate with ADAM but he shouldn't have promised Reki that he won't go against him when it was clear that he will want to do that again after their first BEEF against eachother.

I am excited to see how creators will go with Reki's comeback, I mean surely it will happen, I think it's obvious enough, but I just want to see how exactly it will happen. I hope it will be somehow connected with him creating a brand new skateboard for himself!

Man, I never expected some skateboarding anime to make me feel so emotional
Feb 20, 2021 12:28 PM

Oct 2019
Wow, didn't expect for the episode to be so heavy going into it... On one hand, I really don't want Langa to enter the tournament and go to Reki instead, on the other one I'd kill to see SNOW and ADAM skating together again.. Can't for next week's ep
HarryDigsAnimeFeb 20, 2021 12:32 PM
Feb 20, 2021 12:29 PM

Mar 2018
imo its reallllly hard to pull off these kind of episodes where the mc feels sorry for himself. The reason is nearly ever that valid but I'm guessing though that the only way is up for Reki now. Also i wanna see Tadashi hit Adam in his smug face for some reason, just me?
Feb 20, 2021 12:31 PM

Mar 2020
I relate to Reki for feeling that way but sometimes there are really people better than us and its harder when its someone you saw improve and get better than you. It took some time to make him feel like that, he's quite strong.

It's sad to see their friendship like that but I really can't blame him. I'm surprised how Reki worded his argument since he blamed his inferiority for not being able to keep up but man Langa waited outside while its raining gotta give him some props for that.

I hope for them to fix their friendship as soon as possible because there is also a tournament and there are only 5 episodes left.
Feb 20, 2021 12:54 PM

Aug 2020
It's completely understandable for Reki to harbour these doubts. Langa just outclasses him in every way.
Feb 20, 2021 12:55 PM
Feb 2021
Mika-taicho said:
Fruitpie said:

Mika-taicho said:
Fruitpie said:

Exactly, mabye its bc i relate to him or smth but, even if it's not nice or healthy or anything, his reaction is natural and pretty understandble. Of course its not the right way to handle it, still imagine beingin his situation that must hurt like a bitch
Feb 20, 2021 12:55 PM

Dec 2020
you promised me you would stop seeing that man!
Feb 20, 2021 1:00 PM
Feb 2021
This episode exisiting.
me: ah, this is gonna hurt like a biitch
or... here we go again (please someone remindmd me how i forgot this is from the same crateors as banana fish and dmcb again)
Feb 20, 2021 1:04 PM
Feb 2021
MochiRonDesu14 said:
I relate to Reki for feeling that way but sometimes there are really people better than us and its harder when its someone you saw improve and get better than you. It took some time to make him feel like that, he's quite strong.

It's sad to see their friendship like that but I really can't blame him. I'm surprised how Reki worded his argument since he blamed his inferiority for not being able to keep up but man Langa waited outside while its raining gotta give him some props for that.

I hope for them to fix their friendship as soon as possible because there is also a tournament and there are only 5 episodes left.

Absolutely! feeling like Reki isn't easy and sucks so I don't really blame him but... Langa was so cute and nice (a bit oblivious but still!) , maaaan i feel so bad for them.
Feb 20, 2021 1:22 PM
Feb 2021
it was definitely emotional, but reki should be happy for his best friend, just because he's a tiny bit behind isn't rlly a big deal. i liked reki a lot but now idk. also, after this idk if they're gonna end up together like most fans thought. they're basically beyond repair in terms of relationship
Feb 20, 2021 1:38 PM

Jan 2020
all that i can say is that i'm in pain
Feb 20, 2021 1:40 PM
Nov 2020
Thanks that broke me
Feb 20, 2021 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
I love miya and shadow but this episode made me disappointed in them...
Feb 20, 2021 1:46 PM
Feb 2021
Dude it was so sad like wtf cute Reki our sunshine is just blue now and plssssss it was so sad omg they literally took away the happiness they gave us last week
Feb 20, 2021 1:48 PM

Dec 2015
Tadashi is the best char. :D ("I have no opinion.")
Feb 20, 2021 1:48 PM

Jun 2014
Man, the writers of this anime really really want to drive home just how inferior Reki is to Langa. Like, some of the stuff that was being said about Reki in this episode was just straight harsh as fuck lol. We get it, Langa >>>>>> Reki, I feel like this show portrays Reki as a jobber in an overly dramatic way lol.

Aside from that minor complaint, I did still enjoy this episode. Looks like the rest of the show will focus on Langa trying to repair his friendship with Reki while also dealing with Adam's tournament (which should be exciting to watch).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 20, 2021 1:50 PM

Dec 2020
I have been longing for this for a long time, finally Reki is getting some character development. I think this is the best episode of the series so far.
Feb 20, 2021 1:58 PM

Jun 2019
I’m glad they acknowledged Reki being completely overshadowed by Langa and feeling inferior for it. Yeah, Reki is being selfish and immature, but he is a high schooler and it is completely reasonable that he would feel that way. The tournament should be fun though and ADAM is definitely going to jail at the end if the season.
Feb 20, 2021 2:07 PM
Apr 2020
This literally went from a wholesome best friends forever aka they’re married episode to a shatter and stomp on my heart and laugh at my anguish episode
Feb 20, 2021 2:11 PM

Jul 2020
The bromance can't end up like this can't it? I'm sure Reki will come back around he's just going through the emotions right now.
Feb 20, 2021 2:21 PM
Sep 2018
In this episode I felt so terrible for Reki like no one has given him credit when he helped out with Langa! The fake smile and him trying to push everyone away broke my heart. At least he didn’t lash at Langa and told him the truth. Reki is just as good as skater as Langa but just differently!

Also you feel bad for Adam as well that his dad burnt his skateboard. Yeah this episode was a downer man compared to the last episode, such a massive shift !
Feb 20, 2021 2:38 PM
Dec 2020
Who does not sympathize with reki, he was the one who showed him skating and taught them tricks (helping him make them easier) Obviously Langa mastered it in a short time (besides having experience in snowboarding). The one that everyone will highlight that langa was better than reki and among others, it made reki "explode" (because from the beginning he knew that langa was "surpassing" him, by a way). He feels inferior to him and wants to overcome him, but the best thing you can do in that case is to surpass yourself, and not compare yourself to someone else (sometimes it costs, but it is not impossible). I hope that reki doesn't give up what he's passionate about, and that his relationship goes back to the way it was before, even better.
Feb 20, 2021 2:57 PM

Aug 2014
I was actually ready for them to keep Reki as this happy-go-lucky "my friends mean everything to me and whatever people says doesn't faze me Langa and I will skate together as best friends" but I'm excited that they've finally dig into Reki's slowly chipping away self-worth. It was evident that something like this should happen since episode 1, and I was worried that they weren't gonna build up Reki's character.

Feb 20, 2021 3:02 PM

Jul 2013
Forget perjury, someone tell detective girl that Adam is molesting minors during races and grooming them. This sick man needs to be punished!
Feb 20, 2021 3:04 PM

Jan 2010
as melodramatic that this episode took a turn for, I feel like it's totally predictable that Langa and Reki will make up eventually. Not that predictability is bad or anything, as long s it still stays entertaining.

I hope Reki finally gets some more character development and his find a way to gain his confidence back. This anime sure likes to dunk on him. He's supposed to be the mc? but it certainly doesn't feel that way. It hasn't even really been made clear that he is a good skater.
SO far, the anime has shown him to be decent at best. I wouldn't be surprised if he joins the tournament, but he seems to be the least-talented skater out of the rest of the cast, so it's hard to imagine him beating any one.

Still 5 more eps to go, seems like a lot if this tournament is supposed to be the final arc. Unless the story gets really padded out.

There's also all the political stuff going on with Adam. I honestly think this part of the story is so pointless. Yeah, Adam is a villain, but him being a corrupt politician adds nothing to the plot. I think the story would serve better if he was just some rich asshole who has a obsessive passion with skateboarding, and leave out all the crap of him doing corrupty things as a corrupt politician. Just my two cents.
Feb 20, 2021 3:09 PM
Jul 2020
this episode was expected plot-wise. reki was going to have to become jealous at some point in time, and after a lighthearted beach episode, it was predictable that it would be this one. reki has all the right to be jealous, and he's my favorite character of the show, and i think that this episode was necessary for his character development.

although it's unlikely, i'd like for him to not only develop as a person but also improve as a skater. everyone in the show seems to have talents in certain aspects of skating, and reki doesn't seem to have his yet (besides making skateboards of course). it would be great if he could disappear for a bit to train on his own and then come back and compete in the tournament himself, stronger and more powerful than ever, and hopefully the spotlight will rightfully be on him.
Feb 20, 2021 3:29 PM

Jul 2013
How angsty. Reki is in his feels. At least near the end of the episode, he does something about it and practices skateboarding.

Lmao yeah Reki treated Langa similarly to Miya/friends situation. Langa was like a puppydog looking for Reki, trailing after Reki, and then the rain scene was just ouch. If I were Langa, I can't imagine NOT wanting to face Adam: Adam is the top skater, dangerous - defeating him proves that you have top abilities. Not to mention, Langa finds skating against Adam to be exciting. (And it's not like Adam is the only dangerous/tricky skater - Shadow is no joke.)

The political scandal part was left field. I'm interested in finding out if Adam is really going to let his secretary be a scapegoat.
Feb 20, 2021 3:30 PM
Feb 2021
Fruitpie said:
bruh shit is different-
Feb 20, 2021 3:37 PM

Jun 2013
A theatrical-sky-diving-matador by night and an aiding-in-political-corruption elite during the day, huh. Gdi Adam, we can't have shit in this house.
Feb 20, 2021 3:37 PM
Dec 2020
Reki's feelings are a 100% understandable. Honestly even kind of relatable.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Langa's relationship with reki ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - May 7, 2022

65 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 10, 3:11 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

147 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 4, 5:21 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2021

142 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 31, 4:58 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

210 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 30, 4:56 AM

» SK8 the Infinity Event & Bucchigiri!?

OnlyAraku - Dec 31, 2023

8 by OnlyAraku »»
Jan 9, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.