Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 17, 2021 7:31 PM
Dec 2018
asapabri said:
shane_nichols said:
with how slow the fuckin pacing is let's not. Im sure Oda will give him more screen time down the road
Next episode adapts two whole chapters...from what I heard they will speed up the pace in Wano (except Act 3) because they want to pad Act 3 with fillers for the backstory and Toei is intending to work with Oda for that....

thats bullshit lol

-----------
Jan 17, 2021 8:09 PM

Mar 2015
A bit of a history lesson in this one.. lul I hate it when this anime uses nobodies to fanboy other characters up but such is the style of One Piece.

On to act 3 next week!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 17, 2021 9:10 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know what to say at this point. It's so insane how crazy all this became. God Valley a new mysterious island besides Raftel where most likely the biggest fight happened so far between Garp and Gold Roger vs the Rocks pirates which got led by someone with the D in his name. What kind of monster must Xebec have been to be able to be the captain of such a scary pirate crew? I hope we get more information about him in the future.

Since the first time we learned about the emperors I was always speculating about their bounties but just to think that everyone of them besides Blackbeard has a 4 - 5 times higher bounty then Luffy blew me away. I would have guessed that Shanks grp is the most balanced one of them all. I always remember the scene when Kizaro saw Ben Beckman at Marine Ford. He seemed a little bit scared about him and even if this was a funny moment, it shows how much respect these men have earned in the world. Sad that we still couldn't see the bounties of the former Warlords like Mihawk.

After this episode it's even more understandable how important Wano really was and still is for the story and the world. I'm sure the legends, persons and events which are tied up there together will have and even bigger impact in the future.

Overall again a fanatastic episode. The focus was completely on the marine and the events from the past and it still managed to be soooo exciting. That's what I love so much about One Piece. The whole world and the side characters feel so much more alive and gaining depth other shows could only dream of.

And now we're finally at Act 3. Can't wait to see what will happen from now on.

Natsu88Jan 17, 2021 9:17 PM

Jan 17, 2021 9:20 PM

Nov 2018
Toei stepping their game up.

What about Monkey D dragon bounty?
Jan 17, 2021 10:43 PM
Nov 2019
I love the opening. Sets up the mood really well for the episode.

Can we get more of the younger-big mom please ?-
Jan 18, 2021 3:13 AM

May 2014
Daym, they put a lot of information on the table. About time we get to known the bounties of the 4 yonkos. Looks like Luffy's bounty is far from them, and it really makes me wonder how he plans to defeat Kaido. Even with his Ryou, he doesn't stand any chance, especially if he teams up with Big Mom.

So, if I am not wrong the bounties of the big fries and the yonkos are in this order:
1. Roger
2. Whitebeard
3. Kaido
4. Big Mom
5. Shanks
6. Blackbeard

This makes things super interesting. Also, cool to hear that Garp and Roger have fought together. Hopefully, we get to know more about this and other fights. It's no wonder Roger entrusted his son to Garp. It makes sense now, tbh.

PS! The ep. was amazing regarding pace and quality. This is probably a new year gift and the sloooooooow pace will probably come back next week. On the positive side, we are now going to the last act in the Wano arc. I can't wait to see what's going to happen.
mangalicker94Jan 18, 2021 3:17 AM
Jan 18, 2021 3:14 AM

May 2014
Sqream said:
I love the opening. Sets up the mood really well for the episode.

Can we get more of the younger-big mom please ?-

Yeah, she looked hot before she turned into an old obese hag. Hahaha
Jan 18, 2021 7:23 AM

Nov 2015
Fun Fact or trivia : Blackbeard ship name is The Saber of Xebec !!!

Jan 18, 2021 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
big mom and kaido alliance seems to be interesting, what must have happened to sabo.
Jan 18, 2021 8:24 PM

Jul 2007
For some reason I feel like the manga readers were alot more shook when Golden Lion shiki, Captain John and silver axe was revealed. Outside of all the crazy revelations about ROX pirates and Xebec along with the yonko bounties, the reveal of SHIKI is HUGE. We readers have been waiting just forever for him to pop up in the story again and this confirms that Shiki will play a big part in the future.

Also the anime made it seem like that all the rox pirates are dead, well obvously that is not true because Shiki we know is an escapee from impel down and Captain John was a legendary pirate that buggy's entire motive/goal has been centered around as he's after captain john treasure.

The crew may have disolved but they are certainly not dead.

Jan 23, 2021 1:14 PM

Jul 2008
Holy infodumps Batman!!!
Jan 24, 2021 12:13 AM

Dec 2012
GOOSEBUMPS!
And Shanks bounty is so damn high

Jan 30, 2021 6:35 AM

Apr 2013
So we got introduced to a new legendary pirate who had Big Mom and Kaido in his crew, Rocks D. Xebec. Not sure how I feel about that addition yet, at this point in the story where the big players have all been revealed it feels a bit unnecessary unless he'll never make an appearance anyway.
The bounties for all of the yonko were quite interesting, so Kaido is unsurprisingly the current leader followed by Shanks. Blackbeard is still behind, but he's also the newest addition.
Would've been nice to see the updated bounties for the Shichibukai as well, oh well. Next episode it's back to Wano, which will now feel quite boring after two great episodes.
Jan 30, 2021 9:20 AM

Mar 2016
A huge worldbuilding ep, one of the key aspect of what made One Piece the series it is today.

THe revelation of the Rocks pirates inludicng how the 3/4 yonko used to be in the same ship along with the big shots' bounties being revealed are all adapted spectaculary. Especially the OST being used in various scenes.

God Valley is such a mysterious island, sometimes I wondered if it's Laugh Tale, but some other times maybe it's something else. I believe God Valley have something to do with the sky or space since the name 'God Valley' inspires this to be the case, but whether that's true or not, time will tell. Neither the anime nor the manga is even close to that being fully explained as of this moment.

Big Mom has always been BIG even when she was a child. I doubt she shruk down, but I imagine her working out to get that bombshell of a body when she was on her young-adult days.
Feb 21, 2021 8:45 AM
Dec 2014
Cool to see the Yonko and Roger bounties. I think Shanks bounty would be higher than Big Mom if he was a direct thread to the world government. Rocks looks very intimidating
Mar 27, 2021 1:29 AM
Jun 2015
I loved the navy newbies reaction to the bounty reveals :)

Finally we move on to Act 3!
Jun 15, 2021 4:51 PM

Jul 2013
Man I've been wondering for more than a decade and a half as to why Garp is not an admiral. Cause he's more famous than all of them current and former, combined. And now Oda has tied it up and it makes sense. These celestial dragons can summon an admiral anytime, anywhere right? And they're all bunch of assholes with a stick up their butts and knowing a man of principle like Garp it makes sense that he hates them and don't want to be their direct subordinate. Anyway, this thing with Garp not being an admiral is like a hilarious punchline to a joke with a very loooong setup, unlike this thing with the "Rocks Pirates" who were never mentioned before. No foreshadowing, no buildup, just bam. So much like Germa66. Asspull. Lol.
Aug 11, 2021 11:56 PM

Feb 2015
This episode was interesting with the tale about Rocks Pirates, but all the other stuff was boring. Incredible to think of someone with whom Roger struggled, he even teamed up with Garp.
Sep 10, 2021 9:49 PM

Aug 2021
The bounties scene gave me chills
Great revelations on Xebec , Rock Pirates
Roger's face was only shown for 5 sec but still it was good
Sep 12, 2021 12:08 PM

Jun 2019
I can't believe Big Mom was that hot back in the day. And, all those bounties that were revealed were so much that it is even crazy to think about them. Garp was so OP as well. Holy...

An epic episode for sure. Really enjoyed this one.
Sep 25, 2021 2:55 PM

Sep 2015
HUH? Is that really Big Mom??

Garp is such a strong and a fierce man, we're starting to now know the value of his position and experience

New soundtrack alert

I like the goat

WAAAAH Why is Shanks bounty so high?!?! 4 billion, 48 million, 900 thousand berries!

And another one higher than Blackbeard??? Big Mom 4 Billion,388 million berries?!? And its slightly higher than Shanks too...

BUT WAIT it's even higher?? Kaido has 4 billion, 611 million, 100 thousand berries??

Does that mean if Luffy beats Kaido, hes already better than Shanks??

Awww I was looking forward to the seven warlords bounty numbers...

Well Edward New Gate Whitebeards bounty was not surprising to me, and I was expecting more from Rogers bounty xD
Around at least 10 Billion
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 24, 2021 1:50 PM

Mar 2010
Oh shit not sure if I'm retarded but I"m guessing one piece is in wano Pog

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 13, 2021 6:31 PM
May 2020
The rock pirate group seemed the nefarious bunch of talented hoodlums if 3/4 emperors raced their origins to that pirate crew
Dec 6, 2021 9:33 AM

Nov 2010
I was curious to see the updated bounties for the warlords. Too bad Akainu stopped the meeting.

I wanted to see how sexy big mom was during her prime. hehe
Jun 11, 2022 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
That was a spectacular recollection of the old days. My respect for Sengoku has been steadily increasing since he stepped down. I'm so glad I never looked up the big shot bounties. The shock of seeing those big billion berry bounties was worth the wait. I hope we get to see the new warlords bounties at some point too. Goodness knows that the likes of Hancock & Crocodile are worth way more than 80 million these days. And on that note, I'm actually incredibly curious to see Crocodile's whereabouts (as well as the rogue Aokiji).

Gotta wonder if Teach chose Fullalead as his hideout on purpose, knowing the history. If Roger vs Rocks was really a battle of D pirates, it could be that Luffy & Blackbeard will be fulfilling that role once more.
Jun 19, 2022 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
truly Amazing episode I don't have words to describe the epicness of the episode
removed-userAug 13, 2022 4:18 AM
Mar 9, 2023 5:00 AM
Aug 2021
Why do I think God Island has something to do with The One Piece and the bounty reveals were amazing. Honestly though the Rock pirates not liking each other is just plot in my opinion😂😂 Let's be real if they did like each other they would have taken over the world. Garp is really him lmnl no wonder his kid and grandad are menaces. Excited to see the next episode we get to actually SEE SEE Gold.D.Roger for the first time.
Apr 1, 2023 12:53 AM
Aug 2022
Luffy's bounty is nothing.
Jun 26, 2023 2:54 PM
Aug 2021
Mind Blowing....Spechless absolutely Speachless
Jan 17, 7:50 PM
Jan 2020
It was very informative
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.