Forum Settings
Forums

most ridiculous arguments you ever encountered in MAL?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 15, 2021 9:13 AM
Jan 2021
manamasta said:
SaberHotMikasa said:

Name a anime better than AoT then ๐Ÿค”
Berserk 97, HxH, Magi the list goes on

Seen both AOT is still better if they combined their strengths. Honestly AOT is actually pieck finger( fiction)
Jan 15, 2021 9:19 AM
Feb 2017
Eanki said:
BlakexEkalb said:

People fail to actually give a solid reason as to why rape is bad.

The legal, medical, and psychological arguments you can search online explaining why committing rape is bad is not reason enough to consider committing rape a crime for you? Man, this contrarian level is over 9000.

Nahhhhh they don't know what they're talking about
Jan 15, 2021 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
All of them

The fact people argue on here over such meaningless things is ridiculous as a whole, although that can be said about the majority of arguments related to anything.
Jan 15, 2021 12:53 PM
Jan 2021
I usually just observe rather than participate when it comes to trivial arguments.
Jan 15, 2021 1:58 PM

Sep 2020
Lucifrost said:
V1D1T said:
There are many of them but the most hilarious one is
Attack on Titan is the "Peak Fiction"(Dont bite me Aot fans, I am an AOT fan as well and I consider the show to be great and even if you say its a masterpiece I dont mind but if you think its "Peak Fiction" then my friend you need to watch other shows)

Not long from now, we’ll be seeing a lot of people claim that Muv Luv is “peak fiction” and that Attack on Titan ripped it off. Or even worse, people will claim that Muv Luv ripped off Attack on Titan.

Tbf, I doubt that the Muv-Luv Alternative anime adaptation is going to be good lol. They're going to skip the first 2 entries and directly go to the finale, which would confuse a lot of newcomers.
Jan 15, 2021 2:03 PM

Feb 2016
@ArcueidBestGirl
Fans of the source material will complain if that happens. Either way, people will be talking about Muv-Luv. Or at least I think they will. YU-NO's mediocre adaptation went completely ignored by everyone in 2019.
ใใฎ็›ฎใ ใ‚Œใฎ็›ฎ๏ผŸ
Jan 15, 2021 2:13 PM

Sep 2020
@Lucifrost
I barely see any of the Muv-Luv forums active, which sort of makes since Muv-Luv isn't that well known compared to other VNs and the fact that the entry barrier to the series is really high considering the fact that Muv-Luv: Extra is complete garbage.

I was a bit surprised that YU-NO wasn't talked about much (except for that one Crunchyroll controversy, but that's really old news) considering that it was very influential in the VN medium.
Jan 15, 2021 2:16 PM

Feb 2016
ArcueidBestGirl said:
I was a bit surprised that YU-NO wasn't talked about much (except for that one Crunchyroll controversy, but that's really old news)

It's new to me. What happened?
30 characters.
ใใฎ็›ฎใ ใ‚Œใฎ็›ฎ๏ผŸ
Jan 15, 2021 2:19 PM
Sep 2019
Saber_Evergarden said:
currently I am having a war with this user that fell into mad love with Nino Nakano. I stated that Yotsuba Nakano is better and he began shitting on me, sigh...

You wild for that one. The quintessential Quintuplet mfs are crazy about these fictional girls it's sad. Ichika supremacy tho :)
Jan 15, 2021 2:19 PM

Sep 2020
Lucifrost said:
ArcueidBestGirl said:
I was a bit surprised that YU-NO wasn't talked about much (except for that one Crunchyroll controversy, but that's really old news)

It's new to me. What happened?
30 characters.

Ah frick, I meant Funimation not Crunchyroll.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/10/19/funimation-dub-of-yu-no-a-girl-who-chants-love-at-the-bound-of-this-world-changes-dialogue-to-reference-misogyny/
Jan 15, 2021 3:39 PM

Mar 2017
Opticflash said:
Eanki said:

He is asking you to prove that rape, the crime itself, is a bad thing.

I am not claiming rape (the crime) is bad lol. It's not even relevant to Anime Discussion.

JFC, your reading comprehension. I did not say you did. I am simply telling you your reply to that troll is nowhere close to what he means. Read his posts again.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jan 15, 2021 5:10 PM

Aug 2018
Eanki said:
Opticflash said:

I am not claiming rape (the crime) is bad lol. It's not even relevant to Anime Discussion.

JFC, your reading comprehension. I did not say you did. I am simply telling you your reply to that troll is nowhere close to what he means. Read his posts again.

JFC, your reading comprehension. I did not say that you said that I did. Come on now, let's not create an infinite nest of "I did not say that you said that I said that you said..." or be a dick around the forum.

My response to you wasn't even written on the basis that I was disputing you; it was more for the other user to read while also informing you. In other words it was more a "btw Eanki, the other guy got the wrong person lol as I didn't say rape is bad" and less a "hey Eanki, I didn't say rape was bad". In addition, my response to them was sufficient. I read #92 before you even quoted me at #97, so I knew what they were talking about. I told them to go to the relevant seasonal anime discussion subforum because there were a few people claiming rape was bad in that subforum, so it would have been more productive for them to go and ask those people.
OpticflashJan 15, 2021 5:13 PM
Jan 15, 2021 6:25 PM

Mar 2017
Opticflash said:
Eanki said:

JFC, your reading comprehension. I did not say that you said that I did. Come on now, let's not create an infinite nest of "I did not say that you said that I said that you said..." or be a dick around the forum.

My response to you wasn't even written on the basis that I was disputing you; it was more for the other user to read while also informing you. In other words it was more a "btw Eanki, the other guy got the wrong person lol as I didn't say rape is bad" and less a "hey Eanki, I didn't say rape was bad". In addition, my response to them was sufficient. I read #92 before you even quoted me at #97, so I knew what they were talking about. I told them to go to the relevant seasonal anime discussion subforum because there were a few people claiming rape was bad in that subforum, so it would have been more productive for them to go and ask those people.

So you are just horrendously bad at getting your argument across in short sentences. A paragraph makes it clearer.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jan 15, 2021 6:42 PM

Aug 2018
Eanki said:
Opticflash said:

So you are just horrendously bad at getting your argument across in short sentences. A paragraph makes it clearer.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Jan 15, 2021 8:27 PM
Apr 2020
ForkliftDriver29 said:
Someone asked what to do cause he was still a virgin. He was 15 and said it was laughable and wouldn't be accepted into society if not lost by max 13. Like how and where did this man hear this.

Not really a virginity expert but that sounds.....concerning.
Jan 15, 2021 8:49 PM

Jul 2015
I recall an article some time ago claiming something about attack titan being facist or anti-semetic.
they were clearly not paying attention because the entire point of the story is that people shouldn't be giving into hatred, and justifying war or bloodshed.
Jan 16, 2021 4:03 PM

Jan 2020
Lucifrost said:
V1D1T said:
There are many of them but the most hilarious one is
Attack on Titan is the "Peak Fiction"(Dont bite me Aot fans, I am an AOT fan as well and I consider the show to be great and even if you say its a masterpiece I dont mind but if you think its "Peak Fiction" then my friend you need to watch other shows)

Not long from now, we’ll be seeing a lot of people claim that Muv Luv is “peak fiction” and that Attack on Titan ripped it off. Or even worse, people will claim that Muv Luv ripped off Attack on Titan.

Why is that out of curiosity? I'll probs watch Muv Luv series at some point, so I'm curious.
*generic image of favorite characters with a sappy quote or "aesthetics"*

Mecha Anime/Manga/VN Tier List

Anime/Manga/VN Tier List
Jan 16, 2021 4:11 PM

Jan 2020
Catalano said:
reading this thread, why do people think snk is peak fiction when it copied from:
claymore (everything in regards to the titans/yoma, inherited memories, the mainland)
blue gender (survival anime, main character has the power of the monsters)
tetsuwan birdy (altan empire story is eldian empire story. Grischa Jäger is a copy of Cristella Revi)
gundam (mecha/titan)

yes, peak fiction right here

Claymore was inspired by Berserk which was inspired by Devilman.
Gundam was inspired by Getter Robo and Mazinger.
Haven't watched the other 2 series, but I can assure you something inspired them lol.

The "x is inspired by/steals ideas from y, so x is bad" argument is perfect for this thread tbh. Everything is inspired by something, that's why tropes exist. It's how you execute the concepts and tropes that makes for a good story.

Anime/Manga/VN Tier List
Jan 16, 2021 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
The only reason anime is popular is because of cute girls. When I told them that the most popular anime in the world such as Dragonball, Attack on Titan, and One Piece aren't about cute girls, they said well clearly people only care about DBZ because Bulma is cute. When I told them some of the most popular anime don't have a single character that could be described as both "cute" and "a girl", they moved the goalpost and said anime is popular because it's pure and innocent uwu and not full of dirty icky premarital sex. When I pointed out several iconic anime and manga that are filled with casual sex like Lupin the Third, Samurai Champloo, and you know, hentai.... He told me those aren't "real anime".

Bitch tried to tell me that some of the most iconic and influential anime and manga aren't actually anime because they don't fit his narrow view of what "anime" is.
Jan 16, 2021 4:23 PM

May 2020
tanjiroisbae said:
idk most arguments on myanimelist are ridiculous tbh.

this^^
basically my experience lol
โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡
Jan 16, 2021 4:26 PM

Apr 2015
HeruruMeruru said:
clearly people only care about DBZ because Bulma is cute.
That person has missed all the good Goku/Vegeta fan arts, what a sad life smh.
Jan 16, 2021 6:17 PM

Oct 2017
AnimeFA78N said:
welp the title says all ... any memories of it?

Any argument where the other person attempts to force someone (i.e. myself), to validate their opinion with a blind agreement. If the 'opinion' differs or you type in "er...I dunno~", I cease to know what I'm talking about, my opinion invalid or irrelevant. Only for them to again, demand me to accept their opinion as gospel for them LOVING that anime...! *sigh* ...Before you care, no...it wasn't Attack On Titan.
Visit my MAL profile and/or add me as a friend at Wxku_shi.
Jan 16, 2021 6:22 PM

Oct 2017
tanjiroisbae said:
idk most arguments on myanimelist are ridiculous tbh.

Truer words, never typed. I wonder if they think, "do I really care that much about this...!?"
Visit my MAL profile and/or add me as a friend at Wxku_shi.
Jan 16, 2021 6:46 PM
Jun 2020
98% percent of the arguments I had are all ridiculous.
Jan 16, 2021 9:36 PM

Nov 2013
There is no shortage of ridiculous comments/arguments on MAL, that's for sure.

Two examples:

1. SAO is bad, because it contains incest.
2. I have been called a lolicon, because I used Labrys from Persona 4 Arena as avatar.

You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 17, 2021 8:04 AM

Feb 2016
Pyro81300 said:
Lucifrost said:

Why is that out of curiosity? I'll probs watch Muv Luv series at some point, so I'm curious.

Why is what? Why do people like Muv-Luv? I don’t know, because I’m not one of those people. Or why is it considered similar to Attack on Titan? I don’t know that either, because I haven’t seen Attack on Titan.
ใใฎ็›ฎใ ใ‚Œใฎ็›ฎ๏ผŸ
Jan 17, 2021 12:10 PM

Jan 2020
Lucifrost said:
Pyro81300 said:

Why is what? Why do people like Muv-Luv? I don’t know, because I’m not one of those people. Or why is it considered similar to Attack on Titan? I don’t know that either, because I haven’t seen Attack on Titan.

Uh ig neither? I think you were just joking, and I didn't realize it lol.

Anime/Manga/VN Tier List
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» โ„๏ธ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

223 by iftsistrnn »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

62 by _ATG_ »»
3 minutes ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

58 by _ATG_ »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

85 by maya2003s »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 8 hours ago

27 by shiro-seishun »»
15 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.