Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 6, 2021 12:46 PM

Apr 2018
PlayStation 5 or Nintendo Switch? PS5 is literally sold out almost everywhere here in Sweden so I'm wondering if people have the wish to eagerly get their hands on one. Personally I'd go with Switch since I love the games, especially Smash Ultimate and BOTW.
Jan 6, 2021 12:47 PM
Dec 2017
i'd say got for a switch because the ps5 doesn't really have anything thats really well worth looking that into plus theres a larget variety of games to choose from and more interesting stuff like smash or botw.

play the world ends with you the final remix its really great.

Jan 6, 2021 12:53 PM

Apr 2018
Crow_Black said:
i'd say got for a switch because the ps5 doesn't really have anything thats really well worth looking that into plus theres a larget variety of games to choose from and more interesting stuff like smash or botw.

Yes I was thinking the same thing. The Switch seems to be much more interesting, games wise, but it is probably personal taste. I'm not the GTA 5 person, more of a Zelda and Mario person.

Also that game looks fun af, probably gonna end up buying it next.
Jan 6, 2021 12:54 PM
Dec 2017
Fryez said:
Crow_Black said:

Yes I was thinking the same thing. The Switch seems to be much more interesting, games wise, but it is probably personal taste. I'm not the GTA 5 person, more of a Zelda and Mario person.

Also that game looks fun af, probably gonna end up buying it next.

same here not a fan of gta,cod or any millitary shooter at all truth be told. zelda and mario are pretty fun games and good choice with the world ends with you final remix.

Jan 6, 2021 12:55 PM

Apr 2016
Whichever console has the games you prefer to play. I do know the subscriptions for PS are absolutely through-the-roof expensive, especially if you plan to play online with PS Plus and have access to a library of free games with PS Now.
Jan 6, 2021 12:59 PM

Apr 2018
Senseki said:
Whichever console has the games you prefer to play. I do know the subscriptions for PS are absolutely through-the-roof expensive, especially if you plan to play online with PS Plus and have access to a library of free games with PS Now.

Yes, the subscription is super expensive. I own a PS4 and I really didn't want to pay for the subscription. I ended up just stop playing the PS4 and move on to PC.
Jan 6, 2021 1:01 PM

Apr 2016
Fryez said:
Yes, the subscription is super expensive. I own a PS4 and I really didn't want to pay for the subscription. I ended up just stop playing the PS4 and move on to PC.

Yeah. That's part of the reason why I migrated to PC also. The subscription prices were just killing me lol
Jan 6, 2021 1:07 PM

Nov 2019
If you already have a PS4 or a good computer get the Switch. I own both consoles and the Switch is by far the most used because of the accessibility and the variety of games. The only downside with the Switch is the prize of the games. They rarely go on sale and when they do it's only by a small margin. Let's say you buy the most popular games; Zelda, Animal Crossing, Smash, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart and Pokémon Sword and Shield. The total including the console and games go up to 7000kr or roughly 850$

The plus side with the PS5 is the new games coming out in the future and the improved visuals. And especially if you don't already own a PS4 you get 24 games a year for only 620 kr which is a good prize, considering the value you get. But considering you already own a PS4 and probably already own a few amount of games. It's not worth it at the moment.

Get the Switch and if you really want a PS5 wait until a few share of games has been released that you very much want to play.
666Jan 6, 2021 1:11 PM

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jan 6, 2021 1:14 PM

Apr 2018
revzy said:
If you already have a PS4 or a good computer get the Switch. I own both consoles and the Switch is by far the most used because of the accessibility and the variety of games. The only downside with the Switch is the prize of the games. They rarely go on sale and when they do it's only by a small margin. Let's say you buy the most popular games; Zelda, Animal Crossing, Smash, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart and Pokémon Sword and Shield. The total including the console and games go up to 7000kr or roughly 850$

The plus side with the PS5 is the new games coming out in the future and the improved visuals. And especially if you don't already own a PS4 you get 24 games a year for only 620 kr which is a good prize, considering the value you get.

Yeah I've noticed a hole in my wallet ever since I bought the Switch. It is REALLY expensive to buy a bunch of games but the quality will often not let you down. 24 games for roughly 60eu is great though, and if I remember right you get to keep them as long as you have the subscription active.

If Nintendo games were avaliable for PS5 I think it would've been clear what console wins.
Jan 7, 2021 4:37 AM
May 2009
Will geth the PS5 when the price drops and more games in the library.
Not sure if switch has enough games to justify a purchase.
Jan 7, 2021 4:52 AM

Nov 2008
Nintendo still makes games. Sony mainly makes "experiences." Honestly, if Sony treated their Japanese developers fifteen years ago as they treat them now, we wouldn't even have the Demon's Souls remake. At least not without it possibly being a zoomed in over the shoulder cinematic walk and talk upgrade tree forced stealth (with tall grass, x-ray vision, and myopic and forgetful enemies) open world crap game. Most of their games are so formulaic and safe, and very few still have stellar gameplay.

Jan 7, 2021 5:35 AM

Apr 2018
Ezekiel said:
Nintendo still makes games. Sony mainly makes "experiences." Honestly, if Sony treated their Japanese developers fifteen years ago as they treat them now, we wouldn't even have the Demon's Souls remake. At least not without it possibly being a zoomed in over the shoulder cinematic walk and talk upgrade tree forced stealth (with tall grass, x-ray vision, and myopic and forgetful enemies) open world crap game. Most of their games are so formulaic and safe, and very few still have stellar gameplay.

hahaha great description of Demon Souls but yeah you make a good point about the developers and such.
Jan 7, 2021 5:36 AM

Apr 2018
shintai88 said:
Will geth the PS5 when the price drops and more games in the library.
Not sure if switch has enough games to justify a purchase.

The Switch have a broad selection of indie games, which isn't what everyone favors.
Jan 7, 2021 7:17 AM

Feb 2015
PS5 by a mile. The switch has nothing going for it. Most of the games it gets are multiplats and all the other systems can run the games better. I only keep the switch round for Bayonetta 3 if that ever comes out and No More Heroes 3.
Jan 7, 2021 7:37 PM
Sep 2018
Switch if you don't really care about graphic. More than that, you can play your favourite game on the go, or on the table, or just handheld.
I have no idea in this section...
Jan 8, 2021 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
The ps5 has some pretty nice exclusives but if you're looking for casual easier games just stick to the switch.
Jan 8, 2021 1:31 PM

Apr 2018
Satoshi-Kon said:
The ps5 has some pretty nice exclusives but if you're looking for casual easier games just stick to the switch.

That is true that if you want to push the "limits of gaming" then PS5 is the way to go. But u should see me play Smash Ultimate. Link and I, there's nothing casual about that hahaha
Jan 8, 2021 3:24 PM

Apr 2015
I have been thinking of getting a switch lately in order to play Poken and a few other games with my brother.

The PS5 doesn't really offer anything for me, its' exclusives are wank and I have a relatively powerful computer with higher specs than the PS5 so I don't worry about multiplatform games.
Jan 8, 2021 3:40 PM

Apr 2018
Guilion said:
I have been thinking of getting a switch lately in order to play Poken and a few other games with my brother.

The PS5 doesn't really offer anything for me, its' exclusives are wank and I have a relatively powerful computer with higher specs than the PS5 so I don't worry about multiplatform games.

I'd like to advise you to pursue that thought but keep in mind that the games are hella expensive. It's really fun to play with an acquaintance. Also if you are going to play fighting games then I recommend getting the Pro Controller or GameCube Controller that can connect to the Switch.
Jan 8, 2021 7:13 PM

Apr 2016
I will say there's only one reason to get the switch, and that it's ONLY if you like Mario and zelda that much since that's the only thing you'd be getting it for. Either that or the portability aspect. If you plan for this to be your primary console I would 100% go for the PS5. You'd get the latest tech in consoles, the better graphics, the better hardware, ALL third party games. You'd be experiencing all the newest and best 3rd party games.

So really, if you get the switch what are you actually getting? Graphics that are less than the ps4, hardware that is outdated way beyond. Absolutely no 3rd party support. So really if this is your primary console i'd say you're making the biggest mistake ever. But it's up to you if you like Mario and Zelda that much.
Jan 8, 2021 7:39 PM

Nov 2008
Switch has better game variety and will have the same or more game variety down the line, the PS5 is becoming nothing more than another Xbox in the worst ways possible.

Jan 8, 2021 8:02 PM

Apr 2015
Definitely Switch, like Hoppy said, more variety. Most of Sony's exclusives are all dark and edgy now, and besides, Sony is a censorship spree company now.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 8, 2021 9:14 PM

Sep 2020
If you still a kid probably you choose switch,ps5 also a great choice,ngl.
Jan 8, 2021 9:51 PM

Jul 2012
If you have a PS4 then Switch, if you don't then PS5. The reasoning being the PS5 comes with a pretty beefy bundle of games for an added like $10 for PS+ ($60 if you want a full year). But if you have a PS4 you probably already have overlapping titles with the bundle (or at least the ones you'd be interested in).

To put it into a cost comparison you can get a new Switch and about 6 new games or you can get the PS5 disc version with 12 months of PS+ for roughly the same price. PS+ would give 20 games immediately and about 3 titles every month it's active. At which point the only difference would be the individual title preferences.

GamerDLMJan 8, 2021 9:56 PM
Jan 9, 2021 5:18 AM

Apr 2018
IHateKpop said:
I will say there's only one reason to get the switch, and that it's ONLY if you like Mario and zelda that much since that's the only thing you'd be getting it for. Either that or the portability aspect. If you plan for this to be your primary console I would 100% go for the PS5. You'd get the latest tech in consoles, the better graphics, the better hardware, ALL third party games. You'd be experiencing all the newest and best 3rd party games.

So really, if you get the switch what are you actually getting? Graphics that are less than the ps4, hardware that is outdated way beyond. Absolutely no 3rd party support. So really if this is your primary console i'd say you're making the biggest mistake ever. But it's up to you if you like Mario and Zelda that much.

I can say that if you don't like Mario, Zelda or even Pokémon then yeah, will probably be a disappointing buy. However there is still good games on it, even Dark Souls exists for Switch. But if you care for the graphics then putting in the extra 100eu is probablyn more worth it.
Jan 9, 2021 5:22 AM

Apr 2018
Hoppy said:
Switch has better game variety and will have the same or more game variety down the line, the PS5 is becoming nothing more than another Xbox in the worst ways possible.
Tropisch said:
Definitely Switch, like Hoppy said, more variety. Most of Sony's exclusives are all dark and edgy now, and besides, Sony is a censorship spree company now.

Agreed! But the correlation between graphics and performance is very uncompetitive compared to the Switch. However I still prefer the Switch cuz of Mario, Zelda and Smash Ultimate.
Jan 9, 2021 8:38 AM
Dec 2013
PS5.

Nintendo Switch is just a Wii U port-machine now. I hate how Nintendo is just porting old Wii U games to it, and adding "Deluxe" at the end of the title and selling them for full price, instead of making sequels. I don't even think there'll be a Mario Kart 9 on it since Mario Kart 8 was ported to it. Expecting Super Mario 3D World to be ported to it soon. It's lucky that it got a new Paper Mario game instead of a port of Paper Mario: Color Splash. ffs it even has a port of a Nintendo DS game: The World Ends with You, as well as Super 3D All-Stars which is just a rerelease of 3 old Mario games that were not remastered. They're all just old games. And a lot of third-party games are not being released on the Switch either, like A Plague Tale: Innocence. But you can take the console anywhere you go, if you care about that. There's also Metroid Prime 4 coming out on it, if you're a fan of Metroid.

PS5 only recently came out, but it's definitely going to have some games that are exclusive to it, like Gran Turismo 7, a new Horizon game, and a new Ratchet & Clank game. And it's also going to have a lot of third-party support, with games like Final Fantasy XVI.
wildhoodJan 9, 2021 12:20 PM
Jan 9, 2021 8:40 AM

Sep 2018
I would vote for PS5 since the PS4 library already exceeds the Switch library. I do not have a ps5 yet though. I do have a Switch that I got for free through a store givaway.
Jan 9, 2021 9:10 AM

Jun 2014
I'd say neither. There's not enough games available for the PS5 yet, and Switch games and accessories are too expensive to justify buying. Of course, PS5 controllers aren't cheap, either.

I have a PS4 Pro that I bought back in 2017, and I won't be buying another new system anytime soon. If I see a Switch in a yard sale for $50 in a couple of years, I'd pick one up, and that's the only way I'd buy one.

Jan 9, 2021 11:19 AM

Apr 2018
wildhood said:
PS5.

Nintendo Switch is just a Wii U port-machine now. I hate how Nintendo is just porting old Wii U games to it, and adding "Deluxe" at the end of the title and selling them for full price, instead of making sequels. I don't even think there'll be a Mario Kart 9 on it since Mario Kart 8 was ported to it. Expecting Super Mario 3D World to be ported to it soon. It's lucky that it got a new Paper Mario game instead of a port of Paper Mario: Color Splash. ffs it even has a port of a Nintendo DS game: The World Ends with You, as well as Super 3D All-Stars which is just a rerelease of 3 old Mario games that are not remastered. They're all just old games. And a lot of third-party games are not being released on the Switch either, like A Plague Tale: Innocence. But you can take the console anywhere you go, if you care about that. There's also Metroid Prime 4 coming out on it, if you're a fan of Metroid.

PS5 only recently came out, but it's definitely going to have some games that are exclusive to it, like Gran Turismo 7, a new Horizon game, and a new Ratchet & Clank game. And it's also going to have a lot of third-party support, with games like Final Fantasy XVI.

Well the Wii U was really expensive for what it offered and it wasn't a very clear upgrade from Wii. It wasn't clear since their way of advertising was not something that made everyone think that it was a seperate console. The games were not bad on the Wii U but the console sold so bad that it was necessary to make the Nintendo Switch.

You make a great point about the games though, for example the Super Mario 3D All-Stars. I bought it and yeah old games for 60eu hahaha. PS5 definetly has the upperhand when it comes to games and third-party support.
Jan 9, 2021 11:39 AM

Mar 2015
Sounds like you're pretty set on the Nintendo, but that's what I would go with too. It's exclusives will likely never go anywhere else whereas a lot of PS5's are timed to go on PC (which is ultimately the better choice, of course). Sony has also been censoring games much more aggressively than Nintendo recently, which doesn't bother everybody but it bothers me. The only reason I could think to get a PS5 is if you REALLY want some of those multiplats that the Switch might not get, but can't afford or don't want a PC (though I think a PS5 is 500, which can get you a pretty dang good computer if you know what to get).
Jan 9, 2021 12:06 PM

Apr 2018
Ringo_Elegant said:
Sounds like you're pretty set on the Nintendo, but that's what I would go with too. It's exclusives will likely never go anywhere else whereas a lot of PS5's are timed to go on PC (which is ultimately the better choice, of course). Sony has also been censoring games much more aggressively than Nintendo recently, which doesn't bother everybody but it bothers me. The only reason I could think to get a PS5 is if you REALLY want some of those multiplats that the Switch might not get, but can't afford or don't want a PC (though I think a PS5 is 500, which can get you a pretty dang good computer if you know what to get).

Yeah hahah I'm pretty biased towards the Switch. It's very true about the games with PS5 and PC but is 500 really enough to get a computer to compete with the PS5?
Jan 9, 2021 12:15 PM

Mar 2015
Fryez said:
Ringo_Elegant said:

Yeah hahah I'm pretty biased towards the Switch. It's very true about the games with PS5 and PC but is 500 really enough to get a computer to compete with the PS5?

If we're talking graphically, than no, not most of the time, but in terms of "will I be able to play the same games", then yes. A 500$ computer that spent the money on the right parts can run Cyberpunk on low settings. And my 1000$ (which should really be 700$ but I paid extra for a prebuilt because I am both lazy and incompetent) could run it on ultra. My advice would be to get the Switch and love it, and then save up for a computer. The PS5 will be a faster route to high-end gaming, but a PC—despite taking longer to save up for—will get you a way bigger library to choose from. Hell, if you have relatively loose morals you also have access to the NES-PS3 library if you have something like me and NES-PS2 if you have something just a bit weaker.
Jan 9, 2021 12:18 PM

Apr 2018
Ringo_Elegant said:
Fryez said:

If we're talking graphically, than no, not most of the time, but in terms of "will I be able to play the same games", then yes. A 500$ computer that spent the money on the right parts can run Cyberpunk on low settings. And my 1000$ (which should really be 700$ but I paid extra for a prebuilt because I am both lazy and incompetent) could run it on ultra. My advice would be to get the Switch and love it, and then save up for a computer. The PS5 will be a faster route to high-end gaming, but a PC—despite taking longer to save up for—will get you a way bigger library to choose from. Hell, if you have relatively loose morals you also have access to the NES-PS3 library if you have something like me and NES-PS2 if you have something just a bit weaker.

Ahahaha I see! I'd get the PC then since you can do so much with a PC, + no need to pay for a monthly subscription.
Jan 9, 2021 4:11 PM

Apr 2020
If you have a ps4/xbox one/pc I say stick with that until Ps5 gets more games unless you really wanna play demons souls remake or something lol. Switch is decent but the games are worse IMO, but if you really like those smash/zelda games then get a switch as soon as you can get one.
Jan 9, 2021 10:30 PM

Apr 2016
Fryez said:
IHateKpop said:

I can say that if you don't like Mario, Zelda or even Pokémon then yeah, will probably be a disappointing buy. However there is still good games on it, even Dark Souls exists for Switch. But if you care for the graphics then putting in the extra 100eu is probablyn more worth it.

Dark souls exists for switch? You mean the port of the first game that came out almost 10 yrs ago? That runs at 30fps on the switch? Dark souls does not exist on switch lol, ds2 nor ds3 exist, and the remaster doesn't hold up. I have a switch and trust me I like zelda and mario games A LOT but other than that there's nothing much, there's absolutely no third party support. No gta, no red dead, no new releases, you have to wait till they get ported 2-3 yrs from now. If you have a PC i'd just get a switch since there's more exclusives on the switch. But if this is your MAIN console, the switch is terrible man.
Jan 10, 2021 9:15 AM
May 2015
Do you love Nintendo's 1st party games? If so then go ahead and buy the Switch because most of the games are really fun to play. Although, as someone who's owned a Switch for over a year now; I haven't touched my Switch since August of last year and has been collecting dust.

Once I was done playing with the 1st party games, there's really nothing else for me to play on the Switch. Sure, there's the 3rd party games but I can play most of them either on my PS4 or on PC so there's no point in playing those games on my Switch. Once MH Rise comes out though, I'm definitely going to be undusting my Switch.
jc9622Jan 10, 2021 3:47 PM

Jan 10, 2021 10:45 PM

Apr 2017
From my experience, if you have old games that you have not completed yet that is compatible with the PS5, go for it especially if the developers up the frames and graphics. If not then no need to rush.

I kind of regret getting the PS5 since the PS4 would've suffice for now. Especially since im on the Switch most of the time trying to rush and complete games so i can move on.

Too many games, first world problem.
It's nice to be important but it's even more important to be nice. - Dwayne Johnson
Jan 13, 2021 10:26 PM

Jan 2021
I can play BOTW in the toilet while cant do it with a ps5 so switch all the way.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 13, 2021 10:50 PM

Sep 2013
Why not both? I have Switch and plan to buy PS5 this year.
Jan 14, 2021 1:26 AM

Aug 2018
Switch because right now the ps5 barely has any games
_______I like rocks__
Jan 15, 2021 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
I dislike both companies but i'd probably go for the switch, i've always preferred handheld gaming for things like Disgaea, Project Diva and visual novels, i don't really play much else, exclusives on both consoles kinda suck so i'm not leaning to one or the other for that reason, i just prefer handhelds.

I mostly stick with my psp, vita and pc though.

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 5 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
5 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
7 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
11 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
11 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.