Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 13, 2020 9:35 AM

Aug 2020
so you don't get disappointed. its between 2d character / full cgi fights or full on CGI like dorohedoro.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 13, 2020 9:36 AM

Jan 2009
im fine with that as a modern mecha fan i already am fine with 3DCG or 2.5D animation in anime
Dec 13, 2020 9:37 AM

Jun 2020
Well I'd expect CGI from any studio taking it up, Chainsaw Man isn't exactly a 2d animation staff's dream.
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 13, 2020 9:40 AM

Aug 2020
deg said:
im fine with that as a modern mecha fan i already am fine with 3DCG or 2.5D animation in anime

Just putting out there for the fans of the series so they don't get disappointed when it airs. or in PV if they're honest.

Dec 13, 2020 10:01 AM

Mar 2020
Sad7727 said:
so you don't get disappointed. its between 2d character / full cgi fights or full on CGI like dorohedoro.
I'm okay with that since I think mappa's shown through the stuff they've done on attack on titan so far that they can mix 2d and 3d stuff pretty well.
Dec 13, 2020 10:20 AM

Jul 2020
I like the cgi in Jujutsu Kaisen so I don't mind them.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 13, 2020 10:21 AM

Jan 2009
Scordolo said:

there is no CGI in Jujutsu Kaisen? post examples if there are
Dec 13, 2020 10:27 AM

Jul 2020
deg said:
Scordolo said:

Oh really?I thought the backgrounds were made in chi.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 13, 2020 10:28 AM

Jan 2009
Scordolo said:
deg said:

err when people talk about CGI they meant 3DCG of the characters right like the 3DCG titans on Attack on Titan final season
Dec 13, 2020 10:42 AM
Sep 2019
Scordolo said:
deg said:

It's gonna be the Dorohedoro cgi and from the chainsaw man art I've seen, I'm only expecting it to turn out good since Dorohedoro had a very interesting and attractive art in it, especially the glorious background.
Dec 13, 2020 10:46 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
CG yes like most anime nowadays. F U L L Y CG? i wouldn't say its a certainty right away. Gotta have to wait and see the staff or a PV first.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 13, 2020 1:48 PM

Jan 2009
MAPPA production assistants and desk can easily recruit staff for an entire episode of CSM in a day. Some animators are literally begging to work on it.

I believe it should be mostly 2D. Perhaps they will use CGI for tricky stuff but that remains to be seen.

https://twitter.com/Bloodyredstar/status/1338179239691112449
Dec 13, 2020 1:56 PM

Aug 2018
I don't think it will be full CG but I won't be surprised if it does have a lot of CG like inuyashiki
_______I like rocks__
Dec 13, 2020 2:00 PM

May 2015
I, for one, honestly think that this will be better animated in 2.5D/CGI and a mix of 2D just like what they did with Dorohedoro to retain the visual integrity of the whole thing.

You can still apply sakuga principles in CGI and 2.5D if you got the right sensibilities just like how Gosei Oda's sakuga cuts made it into Dorohedoro's CGI cuts.

If they can't get Hayashi onboard (which is understandable), they better wait this one out or get the team behind Shingeki no Bahamut or God of Highschool for this.
ZnraDec 13, 2020 2:04 PM

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Dec 13, 2020 2:13 PM
Aug 2020
Cgi in dorohedoro was great imo. idk why it'd suck to have some cg mixed in if it helps the production and stuff.
SnK/AoT is a masterpiece fuck you fight me

Dec 13, 2020 2:19 PM
Jul 2017
I mean if MAPPA animates Chainsaw Man like they did with Dorohedoro then I wouldn’t mind. Both series are drawn in this gritty sketchy type of stile. I imagine it would be quite difficult to replicate that in 2d. If anything I’m more worried about censorship.
Dec 13, 2020 2:37 PM

Sep 2017
Yay more people whining about the CGI, it's always a pleasure to drink your tears

If Chainsaw Man has the same adaptation level as Dorohedoro, I'm in !
Dec 13, 2020 3:05 PM

May 2020
To be fair, there may even be a chance that there's very little CGI, don't forget about Dororo and Jujutsu Kaisen
Dec 13, 2020 3:25 PM

Nov 2018
I’m sceptical that mappa is gonna do it, they tend to focus more on beautiful fight scenes rather than the stories, which they tend to rush a lot of the time also CGI
Dec 13, 2020 8:17 PM

Nov 2015
Meh.
Every studio uses cgi these days.

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 13, 2020 8:19 PM

Aug 2017
Yeah and? Dorohedoro's anime adaption was amazing.
Dec 13, 2020 8:19 PM

Mar 2014
I hope it's full CGI. MAPPA the GOAT
Updated my journal
Dec 13, 2020 8:20 PM

Aug 2016
die screaming mappa deniers
What can we do?
Dec 13, 2020 9:09 PM
Jan 2017
Sad7727 said:

Yea this series isn't exactly the prime thing to animate in 2D, but i dont really expect it to be full cgi, but it'll definitely have it.
Dec 13, 2020 9:17 PM
Jan 2017
BenRyan said:
I’m sceptical that mappa is gonna do it, they tend to focus more on beautiful fight scenes rather than the stories, which they tend to rush a lot of the time also CGI

Yea, that's what happened with GOH, but i think that should be blamed on some of the producers and Crunchyroll who wanted to cram in 100+ chapters into 13 episodes.
Dec 14, 2020 12:06 AM

May 2020
don't really want CGI but its obvious there's gonna be CGI though pretty hyped for the adaptation and part 2. Ah I've wanted this for so long.
Dec 14, 2020 10:44 AM
Jul 2019
Idk what to expect because even if MAPPA delivers top-teir shit you guyz gonna cry and criticise them anyway like you did for aot and other animes. I've honestly gave up on arguing bout the anime's cgi idk what you expect like do you fkn want to go
Inside the fkn anime or what.
Dec 14, 2020 12:45 PM

Jul 2019
Tenkuu Danzai Skelter+Heaven flashbacks then.
Dec 16, 2020 5:30 AM
Mar 2018
Znra said:
I, for one, honestly think that this will be better animated in 2.5D/CGI and a mix of 2D just like what they did with Dorohedoro to retain the visual integrity of the whole thing.

You can still apply sakuga principles in CGI and 2.5D if you got the right sensibilities just like how Gosei Oda's sakuga cuts made it into Dorohedoro's CGI cuts.

If they can't get Hayashi onboard (which is understandable), they better wait this one out or get the team behind Shingeki no Bahamut or God of Highschool for this.

Don't know about the GOH team though since they probably would be done with JJK at that point and I think it would be too much lol. I mean, the director worked on two shows in two consecutive seasons and despite the quality still being good, again it would probs be too much.

I personally think that the director for Vinland Saga should handle CSM since he apparently works for Mappa now. Vinland was great and the guy has experience with handling CGI so I think it may turn out well if that were to be the case (if the anime would use CGI).
Dec 16, 2020 5:50 AM

May 2015
Kaien321 said:

Don't know about the GOH team though since they probably would be done with JJK at that point and I think it would be too much lol. I mean, the director worked on two shows in two consecutive seasons and despite the quality still being good, again it would probs be too much.

I personally think that the director for Vinland Saga should handle CSM since he apparently works for Mappa now. Vinland was great and the guy has experience with handling CGI so I think it may turn out well if that were to be the case (if the anime would use CGI).

I completely forgot about Shuhei Yabuta joining MAPPA. Now that you said it, he's a good fit given that he has enough experience working in 3D while he was still working in Madhouse/MADBOX.

Dec 16, 2020 5:52 AM

Oct 2020
I dislike cgi unless it is done really well. I really hope the fight scenes are somewhat like jujutsu kaisen and not cgi.
Dec 16, 2020 6:00 AM

Aug 2018
If it's something like Dorohedoro, that'd be interesting to see...
Dec 17, 2020 7:41 AM
Apr 2019
Wait what why do y'all think this immediately? Look at JJK, they had a good amount of time when making that show and its like 99% 2D animation, they were able to do that because it's a 24 episode series so they got a ton of time to make it, I feel like it would be the same for Chainsaw Man? AOT Final Season and the Titans being CG is not a good example to represent MAPPA with as they had a very tight deadline to make 16 episodes so they had to resort to making the titans CG and I feel they did a pretty good job with it too. I feel like JJK is a good example of a reasonable and normal deadline and production time when it comes to an anime and I feel they will get the same amount of time with Chainsaw Man.
Dec 17, 2020 4:18 PM
Aug 2020
SpaceDoogle said:
Wait what why do y'all think this immediately? Look at JJK, they had a good amount of time when making that show and its like 99% 2D animation, they were able to do that because it's a 24 episode series so they got a ton of time to make it, I feel like it would be the same for Chainsaw Man? AOT Final Season and the Titans being CG is not a good example to represent MAPPA with as they had a very tight deadline to make 16 episodes so they had to resort to making the titans CG and I feel they did a pretty good job with it too. I feel like JJK is a good example of a reasonable and normal deadline and production time when it comes to an anime and I feel they will get the same amount of time with Chainsaw Man.

Not so much, Despite GOH being a shitty adaptation through pacing and story wise, the production was fine and mappa used CGI for the anime along with some motion cap, some 2d animation was used for it, and the same with dorohedoro, good production and yet still used CGI. With those 2 CSM will most likely be cgi since many panels would be difficult to animate.
Dec 17, 2020 10:10 PM

Jan 2019
small cg is kinda a given for a lot of big anime nowadays. I don't dig full cg like dorohedoro tho for Chainsaw man. I liked dorohedoro, thought the art was great. But I just cant see it possibly looking good for Chainsaw
Dec 18, 2020 7:48 AM
Apr 2020
Who knows? it might not be overpowering, like in jujutsu kaisen.
Dec 18, 2020 10:52 AM

Aug 2018
I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to the animation industry and its hiring process, but I know there are many talented people that would love to work on this anime. I'm looking at all the fan animations, and I also saw these same people on Twitter trying to get in contact with MAPPA wanting to work on the series... Who knows? Maybe MAPPA will bring in a lot of freelancers for this project? I heard they like to scout for animators all the time on Twitter (not sure if this is true or not), so we might be in for something truly awesome if they can get these folks involved.

Of course, I may just be hoping for too much.
It'll most likely be almost all CG with some beautiful 2D thrown in for certain moments/episodes, like we got in Dorohedoro, or traditional 2D throughout with just the transformations/devils and some background elements being CG.

We shall see soon enough when we get an official animation trailer. I really want them to go all out for this series lol
Dec 20, 2020 7:42 PM

Jul 2020
SemIdeiaPraNome said:
VanishingKira said:
CGI or not I really don't really care, I place more importance on the show's plot rather than it visuals.

A good plot can carry a show with average to bad visuals, good visuals alone can't carry a show with a bad plot.

Chainsaw Man isn't focused in plot, it's main focus is on cool action scenes and comedy, the last chapters just show how little Fujimoto cares about plot.

Lmao you haven't even read Chainsaw man..It is well balanced in terms of plot and action that's why people praise Chainsaw man.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 21, 2020 3:30 AM

Apr 2019
BenRyan said:

GOH wasn't due to MAPPA, it was due to the lack of time and budget given by Crunchyroll.
my life was made with mematic.
Dec 22, 2020 4:28 PM
Aug 2019
Znra said:

I feel u, but I was really hoping on mob psycho type animation. That woulda been the dream.
Dec 23, 2020 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
If it'll be like Dorohedoro's CGI then I'm okay with it
Dec 23, 2020 8:23 AM
Apr 2017
its Mappa, of course it will be CGI

when an anime is full of CGI it wont be so popular

the source material is great so i was hopping for another studio like Bones or WIT
Dec 23, 2020 8:25 AM
Apr 2017
ag_ said:
BenRyan said:

GOH wasn't due to MAPPA, it was due to the lack of time and budget given by Crunchyroll.

yes Mappa like an angel, its Crunchyroll fault
and AOT is not Mappa's fault
Dec 23, 2020 1:43 PM

Jul 2016
i mean honestly dorohedoro was amazing as it is and it was mostly cgi, im not worried one bit.
-漫~*'¨¯¨'*·舞~ 🎀 𝓈𝒾𝑔𝓃𝑒𝒹 𝓃𝒾𝓃𝒶 🎀 ~舞·*'¨¯¨'*~漫-
Dec 24, 2020 8:08 AM
Aug 2020
Eh if it turns out to be cgi which is likely to happen, it’ll be meh and would reach dorohedoro hype level or a bit higher.
Dec 24, 2020 11:26 AM

May 2015
I_am_sad_man said:
I feel u, but I was really hoping on mob psycho type animation. That woulda been the dream.

I agree as well, though to be fair MS100's character designs are pretty simple at best hence why it allowed such timing and sequences to happen. That also allowed further freedom to the animators to easily flex their skills with such cuts. However, seeing that kind of animation from CSM is really possible if the staff is dedicated enough to do so. God of Highschool and Kill la Kill are both good examples of pieces with dedicated staff behind them and you can pretty much see how far can you go with passion.

Simple designs are easy to animate, while complex designs are way harder to do and time consuming especially in this era when committee demands and deadlines are very unforgiving and passion can only get you so far. Have a mix of both and you'll have to think of an efficient way to do it with minimum compromises to the overall output.

Taking above in consideration, MAPPA has already proved themselves numerous times and they're one of the only credible ones out there (alongside Geno Studio and Bones) nowadays ever since Madhouse and Manglobe both fell from relevance.
ZnraDec 24, 2020 11:29 AM

Dec 24, 2020 6:15 PM
Aug 2020
Lustrius said:
They did really well with the Jujutsu Kaisen anime adaptation, especially with the animation department. I don't see why they can't put in the same effort for Chainsaw man.

JJK panels aren’t too difficult to animate whereas chainsaw man has panels that are very detailed to animate so they’ll have to rely on CGI, this anime might as well be another dorohedoro, it’ll be ok but reactions could differ.
And some animators are overworked in the studio since mappa tries to claim and adapt every anime in existence during these times.
Dec 24, 2020 6:19 PM
Oct 2019
Mappa is probably the best bet after Studio Orange.
Life is not daijoubu
Dec 24, 2020 10:40 PM

Nov 2020
well, i've heard that adaptation probably will be like OPM S1, so i think it'll full 2d
DrkSeid69Dec 24, 2020 10:53 PM
Dec 25, 2020 10:58 PM
May 2020
deg said:
Scordolo said:

err when people talk about CGI they meant 3DCG of the characters right like the 3DCG titans on Attack on Titan final season

The monster has a little bit of CGI, but it blend in well
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

984 by pargz »»
May 12, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

55 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 5, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.