Forum Settings
Forums

Kadokawa Announces 'Selection Project' TV Anime for 2021

New
Dec 4, 2020 11:15 AM

Jan 2017

The official website for Kadokawa's multimedia project titled Selection Project announced a television anime on Friday, revealing the main staff, a teaser promotional video, and teaser visual (pictured). The anime series is set to air in 2021.

Synopsis
Held every summer, the national show "Selection Project" is the biggest gateway for girls who strive to be idols, and the place where the legendary idol Amazawa Akari was born. Suzune Miyama is also one who has longed for such a dream stage. Having been sick since childhood, she listened to the song of the light many times in her bed in the hospital room. Akari's singing voice gave her a lot of smiles and courage, inspiring Suzune to follow in her footsteps.

In her last summer of junior high school, Suzune decides to challenge the 7th annual Selection Project to make her dream come true. The girls who challenge Selection all have strong feelings that are second to none, accumulated efforts, and extraordinary charm. Only nine stars are selected from among the thousands of candidates. Now, the hot and harsh "Audition Battle" of the girls begins to make their dreams come true.

Staff
Director: Daisuke Hiramaki (Koisuru Asteroid)
Series Composition, Script: Yuuya Takahashi (Luck & Logic)
Character Design: Kanna Hirayama (Kanojo, Okarishimasu)
Music Producer: Yohei Kisara (Azur Lane)
CG Production: DandeLion Animation Studio
Studio: Doga Kobo

Kadokawa originally revealed the multimedia project based on the theme of "Idol x Audition x Reality Show" in December 2019.

Teaser PV

Official site: http://pjselection.com/about.html
Official Twitter: @pj_selection

Source: Anime! Anime!

Selection Project on MAL
Kingsman117Dec 6, 2020 4:06 AM
Dec 4, 2020 11:27 AM
May 2015
Has Doga Kobo done an idol anime before? I think this is their first idol anime and because of that; I'm genuinely interested to check this one out

Dec 4, 2020 11:33 AM

Nov 2008
This anime has the potential of being a more serious, mature idol anime unlike most of them, even more than WUG.

Dec 4, 2020 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
an Idol anime. no need to check the details. It's an auto-PTW.
Dec 4, 2020 12:39 PM

Apr 2012
jc9622 said:
Has Doga Kobo done an idol anime before? I think this is their first idol anime and because of that; I'm genuinely interested to check this one out

As far as I know, no, but they are some of the best in CGDCT and moe.

Hoppy said:
This anime has the potential of being a more serious, mature idol anime unlike most of them, even more than WUG.

I’m not arguing that the current idol anime market is overflowing with monotonous shows that are watched by easily aroused simps, but do you think there are so few serious idol shows?
Dec 4, 2020 12:47 PM

Dec 2018
Awwwww the little idol lesbians are so cute

Doga Kobo nice! Then its probably going to have a lot of Yuri. Hopefully even lesbian kissing,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

And no males are allowed! I want it to be pure and gay with only cute girls,,,YEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderDec 4, 2020 1:08 PM
Dec 4, 2020 1:37 PM

Feb 2020
Doga Kobo making an idol anime? Never watched one, but I'm all in.

Character designer from RAG, too. I quite liked the designs from that show.
Dec 4, 2020 3:36 PM

Feb 2015
Dec 4, 2020 10:00 PM

Apr 2014
Doga Kobo + idol? I'm all in.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 4, 2020 11:12 PM

Oct 2017
Noice more idol anime.
Dec 5, 2020 2:47 PM

Oct 2015
finally doga kobo will use its skills on something that fits them
Dec 5, 2020 8:02 PM

Nov 2008
RobertBobert said:
jc9622 said:

As far as I know, no, but they are some of the best in CGDCT and moe.

Hoppy said:

I’m not arguing that the current idol anime market is overflowing with monotonous shows that are watched by easily aroused simps, but do you think there are so few serious idol shows?

There are scant few idol shows that are genuinely serious and mature, because the audience for that type of anime want typical happy or melodramatic idol anime.

Dec 6, 2020 11:04 AM
Aug 2009
Hoppy said:

I was about to close the page because I can't handle most of idol series (not like I haven't watched any, there were a few) but now you have my attention. I really liked WUG for its more realistic/mature feeling and don't mind to check something similar.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
12 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.