Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 14, 2021 3:02 PM

Aug 2018
Unkrowned said:
Episode about foreign workers, kinda sad situation for the ones coming from poverty even resorting to illegal ways to earn some income. Lin is quite the schemer but at least thanks to his request Guo got saved and Makoto gained a younger sister!
And she isn't blood related we know where this is going 😏 Also the Chinese guy wanted to get with Makoto's mom
Jun 27, 2022 9:11 AM

May 2015
vedwienal said:
This episode told a story between Chinese migrants and Japanese locals.A little weird because it seemed like Japan is the saviour of the poor in China.I don't believe on the Earth there is a country which doen't have poor people and "the hellish poverty in China" made me uncomfortable.It's not real,in fact.It's true that there's a huge gap between the rich and the poor in China but we have been making much effort to deal with this phenomenon. There are always conflict between the thought process of China and Japan.Each time China appeared in a Japanese anime there will be usually an upsurge of discussion on Chinese Internet.(This episode is no exception.)Some people hold an opinion that it's a insult to China while the others thought we shouldn't be that sensitive.Actually most of time I belong to the second one.In the meanwhile I think I should say something to avoid others to have a misunderstanding of China so I wrote down these words.

OK let's come back to the episode itself.After ep4 I had much confidence about IWGP because I think it has the capacity to tell stories perfectly but this one...Uhh I should say it has the same defect as ep1-3.Some important plots we viewers want to see has been skipped quickly by the character's words.It drove me annoyed.I like the new character Lin because he is wise,brave,and kind.(Do foreigners think all Chinese have a good command of kung fu? ?)Finally Guo has been Makoto's stepsister brought me happiness and it's a warm end.Best wishes to this warm family.

Frankly, I'd take Japanese depictions of anything related to China or Korea with a grain of salt. I feel like they're not qualified or have the right to speak of such things considering their history and how they still actively deny it.
Apr 25, 2023 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
CtrlZED said:
vedwienal said:
This episode told a story between Chinese migrants and Japanese locals.A little weird because it seemed like Japan is the saviour of the poor in China.I don't believe on the Earth there is a country which doen't have poor people and "the hellish poverty in China" made me uncomfortable.It's not real,in fact.It's true that there's a huge gap between the rich and the poor in China but we have been making much effort to deal with this phenomenon. There are always conflict between the thought process of China and Japan.Each time China appeared in a Japanese anime there will be usually an upsurge of discussion on Chinese Internet.(This episode is no exception.)Some people  hold an opinion that it's a insult to China while the others thought we shouldn't be that sensitive.Actually most of time I belong to the second one.In the meanwhile I think I should say something to avoid others to have a misunderstanding of China so I wrote down these words.

OK let's come back to the episode itself.After ep4 I had much confidence about IWGP because I think it has the capacity to tell stories perfectly but this one...Uhh I should say it has the same defect as ep1-3.Some important plots we viewers want to see has been skipped quickly by the character's words.It drove me annoyed.I like the new character Lin because he is wise,brave,and kind.(Do foreigners think all Chinese have a good command of kung fu? ?)Finally Guo has been Makoto's stepsister brought me happiness and it's a warm end.Best wishes to this warm family.

Frankly, I'd take Japanese depictions of anything related to China or Korea with a grain of salt. I feel like they're not qualified or have the right to speak of such things considering their history and how they still actively deny it. 
CtrlZED said:

just letting you know that I hope you choke on your sleep you inbred retard
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ikebukuro West Gate Park Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2020

37 by Feary7 »»
Dec 24, 2023 9:17 AM

» I've heard the drama is a better adapatation of the novel. Are there any viewers of it out here ?

clomapni - Dec 22, 2020

6 by neonkirsche »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:52 PM

» live action IWGP

removed-user - Dec 8, 2019

17 by mdo7 »»
Nov 7, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Ikebukuro West Gate Park Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Dec 22, 2020

77 by GTPROX01 »»
Oct 12, 2023 4:52 AM

Poll: » Ikebukuro West Gate Park Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2020

147 by Rithic »»
Aug 31, 2023 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.