10.2%
Bunch of heroes
38.8%
Bunch of bullies
14.3%
Bunch of dickheads
9.2%
98 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 3, 2020 3:02 PM

Jun 2020
@Zeroflamez
what does this have to do with using guns over tasers?

"If they shoot it's to seriously hurt/kill you"
why can't that be done with tasers?
Also you just ignored 90% of my first reply to that user
Nov 3, 2020 3:17 PM

Aug 2012
I was training to be a police officer before now. I can say most police don't practice what is taught in the Academy.
Nov 3, 2020 3:23 PM

Apr 2010
Idania said:
@Zeroflamez
what does this have to do with using guns over tasers?

"If they shoot it's to seriously hurt/kill you"
why can't that be done with tasers?
Also you just ignored 90% of my first reply to that user

Because tasers aren't 100% reliable and doesn't work for every scenario? It isn't uncommon for people to get tased and shake it off like it's nothing. If someone is running at a cop with a weapon and the taser misses or the doesn't put the person down the cop is most likely dead or seriously hurt. That's why a gun is a thousand times more reliable. That's the reality of it. I don't know why a lot of people who are anti police don't understand this. As I've said before if you are complying and doing what is asked of you MOST times you will not be shot. Of course the possibility is always there but your chances are MUCH MUCH lower if you don't act like an asshole and reach in your pocket when you were told not to.
Nov 3, 2020 3:37 PM

Jun 2020
@Zeroflamez

"Because tasers aren't 100% reliable" HAHAHA nothing is 100% reliable dude, or even 95%. And people shouldn't be looking for things to be.

"If someone is running at a cop with a weapon and the taser misses or the doesn't put the person down the cop is most likely dead or seriously hurt." well, the police are human & so are the criminals, so police's life isn't more precious/important. This ESPECIALLY applies if the criminal has mental-illness. (unless the criminal has committed some GRAVE crimes/has a functioning mind)

"I don't know why a lot of people who are anti police don't understand this" I'm not anti police

"As I've said before if you are complying and doing what is asked of you MOST times you will not be shot. Of course the possibility is always there but your chances are MUCH MUCH lower if you don't act like an asshole and reach in your pocket when you were told not to." I agree with this statement!
Nov 3, 2020 4:06 PM

Apr 2010
Idania said:
@Zeroflamez

"Because tasers aren't 100% reliable" HAHAHA nothing is 100% reliable dude, or even 95%. And people shouldn't be looking for things to be.

"If someone is running at a cop with a weapon and the taser misses or the doesn't put the person down the cop is most likely dead or seriously hurt." well, the police are human & so are the criminals, so police's life isn't more precious/important. This ESPECIALLY applies if the criminal has mental-illness. (unless the criminal has committed some GRAVE crimes/has a functioning mind)

"I don't know why a lot of people who are anti police don't understand this" I'm not anti police

"As I've said before if you are complying and doing what is asked of you MOST times you will not be shot. Of course the possibility is always there but your chances are MUCH MUCH lower if you don't act like an asshole and reach in your pocket when you were told not to." I agree with this statement!

Nothing is 100% reliable you're right but the point still stands that gun is more reliable than taser. Higher chance of a bullet stopping someone in their tracks than a taser. Yes a police's life is just as important as a criminals. That also means that the cop has every right to defend themselves even if it includes killing a criminal that is trying to kill them. Yes I agree if a person has a mental illness the cops should make an effort to detain the person if they can safely do so. If not and they end up having to kill this individual or seriously hurt them then that's just the unfortunate reality. Can't save everyone.
Nov 3, 2020 9:27 PM

Jul 2016
SargonTheGreat said:
Theonewhorules said:

Well I cannot see the video you put I will take on everything else you said.

Are there times cops need to kill people in self defense? Yes ofc. But cops are killing innocent people like Brennona Taylor who wasn't even the person they were after, and also wasn't holding the weapon. Cops are trained to shoot people to not kill yet they are killing people. People who don't have weapons. Cops are meant to bring people into custody, not kill people since they are judges or juries.

Plus cops are not being charged like they should. As lot of cops are told to not tell on each other so it creates a circle of bad behavior. The people who are getting killed don't get a trial as they are sentenced to death, but cops are getting off so easy unlike the people they killed.

Actually I went to a blm protest, no riot happened just people in the streets walking. It was my whole city fucking out there plus I live close to all the protests. Sure this is my own experience so it might not mean much to you but tell me why blm protester want to be violent? People have been protesting police violence peacefully for a bit but the thing is, they got fired from their job. Plus peaceful looks better fro the movement, so it's not riots for random reasons.

That is a protest, few people holding up signs is a protest It doesn't need a certain number of people to be one

Police violence is so much higher, which is why you aren't seeing results for it. Since deaths from protests are so much lower than police violence
I agree police unions protect bad cops too much so they should have their power reduced or taken away completely.
Cops are trained to shoot people to not kill yet they are killing people.

This is false though, cops are trained to shoot to kill because you are only supposed to draw your gun when you plan on neutralizing an immediate threat and the neutralization will probably end up killing the person so they have to take that into account.
But cops are killing innocent people like Brennona Taylor
I agree this is wrong but it cant be blamed 100% on the cops, no-knock warrants are a violation of property rights and police shouldn't even be allowed to do no-knocks or be ordered to do no-knocks in the first place so politicians are also to blame.

But that doesn't happen, cops are pulling on unarmed people and not just a threat. Cops always feel threatened when they are often the ones with more power.

Yes no knock warnings are fucked but at the end of the day they are cops working the the fucked up system. ACAB stands. They're job is to hurt people, they are still in the wrong
Nov 3, 2020 9:34 PM

Jul 2016
SargonTheGreat said:
Theonewhorules said:

But that doesn't happen, cops are pulling on unarmed people and not just a threat. Cops always feel threatened when they are often the ones with more power.

Yes no knock warnings are fucked but at the end of the day they are cops working the the fucked up system. ACAB stands. They're job is to hurt people, they are still in the wrong
Nah cops are supposed to protect private property, life and stability, their job isnt to harm people. Which unarmed person did cops pull their guns on though?

People are unarmed thou and getting shot. I misspoke, I mean they're job hurts people. The laws hurts people as much as it protects people.

people getting put in jail for weed and such do not deserve to be for like 15 years. That's why cops are bad, because the laws are bad and they are perpetuating the system
Nov 3, 2020 9:44 PM

Sep 2012
i don't mean to generalize but the average policeman has asshole tendencies. i don't think there is a need to be obsessive about coming to the defense of police, but at the same time maybe it's ok for people to do that because otherwise you'd just get even more people not complying with them and it'd lead to even more incidents of the george floyd variety.

i think the blue lives matter thing is kinda cringey but when you have incidents like in these last few years where police get shot at and killed, it pretty much enables them even more.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Nov 4, 2020 8:03 AM

Jul 2016
SargonTheGreat said:
Theonewhorules said:

People are unarmed thou and getting shot. I misspoke, I mean they're job hurts people. The laws hurts people as much as it protects people.

people getting put in jail for weed and such do not deserve to be for like 15 years. That's why cops are bad, because the laws are bad and they are perpetuating the system
I agree all drugs should be legal to sell and use but which unarmed people are getting shot? can you give me an example?

Here's a list I found, looking up a few names I found to be accurate. But I cannot say all are true since there's a shit ton
Nov 5, 2020 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
It's very childish to shit on the people that are out there to protect our lives. I mean not everyone is a saint but it's better to live without hate than carry a stigma.
Nov 5, 2020 8:00 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
Thread Locked for not adhering to Casual Discussion Rule 7.

Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) are no longer allowed.
a. aim to profile/stereotype, or question the legitimacy of, people based on their gender, sexual orientation, race, xenophobia, religion, etc.
b. discuss highly-debated social issues; e.g. abortion, sexual assault, immigration, etc.
c. focus on political ideologies and events; e.g. Nazism, fascism, world leaders, controversial laws/lobbies, etc.

In accordance with the board specific rules please remember to follow the Site Guidelines as well to further prevent violations.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» can you tolerate spicy food?

removed-user - Mar 31

30 by parfaitte »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts?

Freshell - 11 hours ago

22 by cody »»
8 minutes ago

» Did you ever cut ties with a family member or friend?

Sad - 2 hours ago

12 by whitebeartigtig »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » do you believe that scientific theory are just a theory and scientific consensus are just opinions?

deg - May 3

48 by UncreatedSong »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in prophecies?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

10 by Adverrito »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.