Forum Settings
Forums
Sensei's Pious Lie
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2020 1:04 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Too many flaws and holes. It was odd at first but became interesting to an extent when some foundations of things made sense but in the end it's still unclear with things lazily left out and unsolved.

The clearest thing to her logic of why she never told Minako about Hayafuji seems to be because she didn't trust her to support her, which she was right because after finally realizing that they've been together when she found Misuzu battered in blood, she didn't involve the cops and later revealed to us that no matter his faults, she still loves him because in her delusional he was once kind to him at first which is what she holds on to, even though there's a sense of punishment that she wanted to bestow to him with responsibility of a child that doesn't matter now now that he's in prison.

Overall, most of these characters are fucking deranged victims of abuse.
The one that finally made the most sense in the end was Hayafuji as a child who saw his dad beat her mother up while she disregarded it, claiming she was in the wrong whenever she was abused which instilled him a traumatic mentality of frustration towards woman to hurt them by raping them in hope that they would defend themselves unlike his mother.
At least, that was my first impression. I don't understand his later realization of abuse claiming he thought he understood what women were until he beat up Misuzu.
His fear of his baby's birth isn't really revealed either which would have been interesting to know.

Aside from the main characters. The fat girl was quickly made irrelevant which was weird. I couldn't figure out what Misato's brother did to her or why she lets him peek at her or why she's manipulative or why she even fell in needy love for Niizumi.
Reina's broken mentality from rape to delude herself into love for Hayafuji is hard to believe as realistic, but worse is the plot hole of Ayaka in how her anonymous report of rape did nothing, or how she stopped herself from directly telling Minako that Hayafuji raped her or overall how she didn't report to the cops after everything that's happened.

Reina not being charged is plausible but still fucked up.
Wadajima was an odd playboy who finally won over Misato from her desperation but her fake character to progress the romance in the story was perplexing and maybe illogical overall. I just don't get it. I don't know if it was necessary either.

... Finally. Niizumi is inexperienced I guess and was raped by his old co-worker female but his first protective lust and love for Misuzu is hard to believe as well, even until the end.
She's also inexperienced in her own right but to fall in love with a teenager is a little odd too.
Overall, her psychology is difficult to comprehend. As interesting as it was though, it's too flawed and perplexing. 5/10.
Feb 12, 2021 5:32 PM
Jul 2015
worst thing I read in 2021 and it's only February
Feb 27, 2021 4:50 AM
Jan 2017
lawyer77 said:
worst thing I read in 2021 and it's only February
It is not so bad if you look at the feelings and how they are represented in some characters
Mar 13, 2021 3:36 PM

Jan 2015
Actually it is very meaningful and very accurate in the present time.
Apr 4, 2021 5:33 AM

Nov 2018
That was ride for me. I enjoyed it.
But yeah not a single but lots of flaws in this drama.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sensei no Shiroi Uso Chapter 6 Discussion

waalex11 - Oct 26, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Oct 26, 2020 4:48 AM

Poll: » Sensei no Shiroi Uso Chapter 5 Discussion

waalex11 - Oct 26, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Oct 26, 2020 4:40 AM

Poll: » Sensei no Shiroi Uso Chapter 4 Discussion

waalex11 - Oct 26, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Oct 26, 2020 4:32 AM

Poll: » Sensei no Shiroi Uso Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

1 by waalex11 »»
Oct 26, 2020 4:25 AM

Poll: » Sensei no Shiroi Uso Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

1 by waalex11 »»
Oct 26, 2020 4:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.