Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (136) « First ... « 133 134 [135] 136 »
Dec 9, 2020 3:48 PM
Nov 2020
z7ProSpyce said:
DanBuk said:
For the sake of a proper comparison, you should at least take the image from a high-quality source and not a pixelated YouTube video with terrible color correction.

Actual shot:

Yes man I really don't understand this, I think I will quit the site lol ... I can't stay here anymore, really.

Yeah, if it's stressing you out, I'd recommend taking a break from here. The bottom line is that, the adaptation is underway, so no matter how much people complain here, the outcome is pretty much set in stone for the most part. So why not just watch it through and enjoy it for what it is. And if it truly turns out as terrible as people think, then we'll have an actual discussion. Also there are some really cool communities centered around discussing the show, who don't actively spend the majority of the time dreading its failure. I recommend Scoutposting on Facebook and Titanfolk on Reddit (both are manga spoilers though).
Dec 9, 2020 3:50 PM
Nov 2020
SirTristram said:
MAPPA_Enthusiast said:
One throught from me: It always could have been worse. So at least it's not SDS S3 level type of shit.

You just jinxed it...

Seriously though, I expect an inevitable collapse at some point. If not, it'll be a huge surprise to me. And yes, I think it might even be SDS S3 levels of collapse.

I hope i haven't jinxed it, but i think is bearable to watch than SDS S3 & OPM S2. So either it will be inevitably get worse animation because of the lack of time & recources or by some miracle at the end of the 16 eps I really Hope that we will get at least some good shot of animation for the most important scenes of this scenes. Im just hoping that will not get that worse to SDS or OPM level. But Im realistic and I know that at some point the animation will look bad, but at least better be for less important scenes. I still have a little faith in MAPPA
Dec 9, 2020 3:51 PM
Dec 2020
deg said:
yaegerist-15 said:
this cant be true at all. The staff for the second episode was leaked todax and it looks more promising than the first episode. I think we will see the best animation in episode 5-7, 11/12 and 14-17 considering the manga content.

he is not pointing out episode 2 though he is pointing out around episode 3 and beyond
well I dont thnik this will happen. I think they are holding their best animations for episode 5-7. Im not questioning that guys knowledge but it would be very weird and contradictory if the first epsiode had the best they had. The good key animators are surely for the later episodes and the work of the director hayashi will come later. Anywayits too early to state something
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Dec 9, 2020 3:56 PM
Nov 2020
Also has any one from heard that MAPPA will be making adaptation for Chainsawman. I think they overworked their staff wayy above the human rights. I mean they have 4-5 (might be less) adaptation to make and now Chainsawman. I think its too much than they Can handle to do at this point.
Dec 9, 2020 3:59 PM
Oct 2015
I want ep 16 directed by Hayashi, ufff the pinnacle of AOT greatness if it adapts ch 121.

Jan 2009
I know AOT had a terrible schedule but do you think using CG help production alot for animators?

Yes. Once a model is complete, this can be used for the entire production and eliminates the need for clean up/inbetween staff and colouring staff. They are able to produce the anime quicker this way and sometimes reduce the amount the animator has to draw in a cut!

https://twitter.com/Vercreek/status/1336821451769303041

yaegerist-15 said:
deg said:

he is not pointing out episode 2 though he is pointing out around episode 3 and beyond
well I dont thnik this will happen. I think they are holding their best animations for episode 5-7. Im not questioning that guys knowledge but it would be very weird and contradictory if the first epsiode had the best they had. The good key animators are surely for the later episodes and the work of the director hayashi will come later. Anywayits too early to state something

try reading this carefully more again
First episode is the hook for viewers so they focus most of the best staff here and take the most care in this episode (aside from a climax or the final episode)

its true for most anime the first episode is usually high quality and one of the best episode the show has to offer the other are just the climax episodes so yes there will be other episodes that will be high quality too especially the final episode like he mentions too

Sep 2018
yaegerist-15 said:

He also said this "(aside from a climax or the final episode)" so that probably means climax episodes should be equal in quality or slightly better. The rest will be worse though.

Also, having a better staff in a certain episode doesn't have to translate to the screen. If number x episode has twice as much work compared to ep1, those better staff might not be able to overcompensate and make it a better ep overall. It isn't right to estimate the overall quality of an episode by looking at the staff. MironBiron tried to do it for the season as a whole and how much he was mistaken can be seen.

Just don't except next episodes to be better than the first ep and you should be golden.
Dec 9, 2020 4:00 PM

Nov 2008
keragamming said:
logh looks like garbage

Lmao that’s not true. It’s one of the most well directed series I’ve ever seen.

@MAQS

The thing about the reanimated cuts in LOGH is that they’re there throughout the entire series. They occasionally pop up and they’re clunky as hell, but somehow they manage to become part of the show, they don’t actually feel alien when you rewatch the series.

z7ProSpyce said:
So I not understand, because now for me you are being very vague, is like you are lost in your thoughs because this cause a impact in you.

We just have different perspectives brother. I hyped myself by researching the staff but the schedule didn’t allow them to deliver according to their talent. Look at my thread again if you want. The expectations that my research raised were grounded in reality, but didn’t take into account the terrible schedule (Hayashi was literally still working on Dorohedoro during production of EP1, Tomohiro wasn’t able to participate in the actual production of the show) as well as the staff’s inexperience with Attack on Titan.

crypt0l0gy said:
Details in art and composition helps me to understand and putting together what I‘m watching. Remember the boulder throw in S3P2 where the camera zooms on Erwin? Compare the impact and effect of that with this regarding visual storytelling and you see what I mean.

And it isn’t even hard to achieve within a slightly healthier schedule. Like, show us a fast-paced sequence of character close-ups when shit hits the fan. A fierce close-up of Colt in the beginning of the episode when he gives Magath the bad news. Where the hell is the tension?
Dec 9, 2020 4:00 PM

Dec 2018

Anime onlys like me will experience this story for first time so if its good as manga readers say they will stop complain around couple of episodes. For me story its very good from first episode and quality is lets say "watchable" It's not the kind of quality that kills the viewing pleasure in my eyes like for example SDS 3. And I will say it again, no offense for fans but sadly good animation is all shows like SDS have to offer so without its just shit XD.
Dec 9, 2020 4:04 PM
Dec 2020
deg said:
I know AOT had a terrible schedule but do you think using CG help production alot for animators?

Yes. Once a model is complete, this can be used for the entire production and eliminates the need for clean up/inbetween staff and colouring staff. They are able to produce the anime quicker this way and sometimes reduce the amount the animator has to draw in a cut!

https://twitter.com/Vercreek/status/1336821451769303041

yaegerist-15 said:

try reading this carefully more again
First episode is the hook for viewers so they focus most of the best staff here and take the most care in this episode (aside from a climax or the final episode)

its true for most anime the first episode is usually high quality and one of the best episode the show has to offer the other are just the climax episodes so yes there will be other episodes that will be high quality too especially the final episode like he mentions too
SirTristram said:
yaegerist-15 said:

He also said this "(aside from a climax or the final episode)" so that probably means climax episodes should be equal in quality or slightly better. The rest will be worse though.

Also, having a better staff in a certain episode doesn't have to translate to the screen. If number x episode has twice as much work compared to ep1, those better staff might not be able to overcompensate and make it a better ep overall. It isn't right to estimate the overall quality of an episode by looking at the staff. MironBiron tried to do it for the season as a whole and how much he was mistaken can be seen.

Just don't except next episodes to be better than the first ep and you should be golden.
lmao yes I got it now while readind it for the second time. If the climax episodes are better and the rest is decent while the source material is consistent, then it makes me happy. guess Ill quit MAL for now, its getting on my nerve and I cant think clearly. Anyway thank you guys for the explanation
Dec 9, 2020 4:07 PM
Dec 2020
MAQS said:
I want ep 16 directed by Hayashi, ufff the pinnacle of AOT greatness if it adapts ch 121.
the climax episodes filled with dialoge like 4,5,15 and 16 will be definitely directed by hayashi.
Dec 9, 2020 4:11 PM

Nov 2008
Production issues aside, we still aren’t sure whether we’ll see Chapters 120-122 in these 16 episodes.

If episode 9 ends somewhere in the first half of chapter 107, we’re dealing with a pacing of 1.8 chapters per episode, and if it consistently stays like that, the 16th episode will end with chapter 119.
Dec 9, 2020 4:11 PM
Nov 2020
yaegerist-15 said:
MAQS said:
the climax episodes filled with dialoge like 4,5,15 and 16 will be definitely directed by hayashi.

I have faith in Hayashi that at least for these episode he will be the one directing them. I hope for justice for these episode. As for the rest episodes i just hope to have decent animation & to be watchable like ep 1, it wasn't the best ep but with this "quality" of animation for the less important eps i think i will let it pass.
Dec 9, 2020 4:13 PM

Apr 2013
MAPPA_Enthusiast said:
Also has any one from heard that MAPPA will be making adaptation for Chainsawman. I think they overworked their staff wayy above the human rights. I mean they have 4-5 (might be less) adaptation to make and now Chainsawman. I think its too much than they Can handle to do at this point.
Fair working conditions, in Japan? Whats that?

Also regarding a potential dip in quality, thats something WIT also had in every season. It wasnt jarring most of the time but still noticeable. Curious in which episodes we’ll notice it the most. Oh well, anime production companies are really just in it for themselves.
Dec 9, 2020 4:13 PM
Nov 2020
MironBiron said:
Production issues aside, we still aren’t sure whether we’ll see Chapters 120-122 in these 16 episodes.

If episode 9 ends somewhere in the first half of chapter 107, we’re dealing with a pacing of 1.8 chapters per episode, and if it consistently stays like that, the 16th episode will end with chapter 119.

That would be biggest cliffhanger recenty made in the entire anime comunity. Maybe one of the best i would say if Hayashi do it justice.
Dec 9, 2020 4:16 PM
Dec 2020
MAPPA_Enthusiast said:
yaegerist-15 said:

I have faith in Hayashi that at least for these episode he will be the one directing them. I hope for justice for these episode. As for the rest episodes i just hope to have decent animation & to be watchable like ep 1, it wasn't the best ep but with this "quality" of animation for the less important eps i think i will let it pass.
dont be that pessimistic bro. We will even see better animation in some of the later episodes. Mappa will surprise us positively and the story with the plot points and developments along with hayashi as the director will lead this season to good quality. But Im not that toxic to insult the people here that are pessimistic about this season, evereyone has their own view and opinion so let us all just enjoy this season and make statements after a couple episodes
Dec 9, 2020 4:18 PM
Nov 2020
Sourire said:
MAPPA_Enthusiast said:
Fair working conditions, in Japan? Whats that?

Also regarding a potential dip in quality, thats something WIT also had in every season. It wasnt jarring most of the time but still noticeable. Curious in which episodes we’ll notice it the most. Oh well, anime production companies are really just in it for themselves.

If by dip you mean donwgrade in animation quality (sorry english is my second language) then i would this it would be either for information scenes where much animation it isnt required or for heavy action scenes where it would be impossible to stay consistent in the flashy scenes i guess
Dec 9, 2020 4:19 PM

Nov 2008
MAPPA_Enthusiast said:
I have faith in Hayashi that at least for these episode he will be the one directing them. I hope for justice for these episode.

Same here. I still hope to see some of my favorite moments get unique treatment.
Dec 9, 2020 4:25 PM
Nov 2020
yaegerist-15 said:
MAPPA_Enthusiast said:

dont be that pessimistic bro. We will even see better animation in some of the later episodes. Mappa will surprise us positively and the story with the plot points and developments along with hayashi as the director will lead this season to good quality. But Im not that toxic to insult the people here that are pessimistic about this season, evereyone has their own view and opinion so let us all just enjoy this season and make statements after a couple episodes

Man you are one of the few left optimists around here. Im just right in the middle of being optimists or realistist. I hope from the bottom of my hear that They will do justice for both the story pacing & animation. But my question is : How to stay possitive around such hate or pesimism every where. I watched the Ep more than 8 times and I think i get used to the cg. In the first watch i got used to the characters designs, but i had to take more time to get used for CD titan. But not i only hope that the staff doesnt have some irreversible injuries or conditions (or worse) and they deliver good adaptation. I still have some faith & hope for good news. But i am surrounded from every side with negative thoughts.
Dec 9, 2020 4:30 PM
Nov 2020
MironBiron said:
MAPPA_Enthusiast said:
I have faith in Hayashi that at least for these episode he will be the one directing them. I hope for justice for these episode.

Same here. I still hope to see some of my favorite moments get unique treatment.

I think the most crucial thing is to wait till the season ends or at least we have some more episodes to judge how they will do the more important scenes.

Also did you know that january we will get ch 136 in 9th Jan and in 10th of Jan we will get ep 5 and you know whats in there cough*ch100*cough. I think then it will be a feast for everyone both anime onlues & manga readers
Dec 9, 2020 4:35 PM

Nov 2008
How awesome would it be if Hayashi steps in, uses the limitations to the show’s advantage, and gives us a weird, but unique version of Attack on Titan?

Like, the OP is fucking weird but the first episode didn’t reflect that at all (aside from some weird uses of static manga expressions).

I’d rather have a strange, low budget, but very well directed adaptation of Attack on Titan than a cowardly adaptation that floats somewhere in-between the static roughness of the manga, and the sharp, close-up direction of the anime, without ever really mastering one of the two.
Dec 9, 2020 4:37 PM
Nov 2020
MironBiron said:
How awesome would it be if Hayashi steps in, uses the limitations to the show’s advantage, and gives us a weird, but unique version of Attack on Titan?

Like, the OP is fucking weird but the first episode didn’t reflect that at all (aside from some weird uses of static manga expressions).

I’d rather have a strange, low budget, but very well directed adaptation of Attack on Titan than a cowardly adaptation that floats somewhere in-between the static roughness of the manga, and the sharp, close-up direction of the anime, without ever really mastering one of the two.

No one could have said it better king!
Dec 9, 2020 4:44 PM

Sep 2018
MironBiron said:

Trust me, after three seasons you wouldn't want that "weird and unique" version of AoT. Other people wouldn't want it either.

You've started to have expectations for the show and Hayashi again. Learn from your mistakes and don't repeat the same cycle of naive hope, facts are all in front of you. It shouldn't be this easy to fall into the same trap.

Just a friendly, or maybe a grim, reminder.
Dec 9, 2020 4:46 PM

Nov 2008
SirTristram said:
You've started to have expectations from the show and Hayashi again. Learn from your mistakes and don't repeat the same cycle of naive hope, facts are all in front of you. It shouldn't be this easy to fall in to the same trap.

I’m watching the episode again right now. It helps me keep my expectations as low as possible.
Dec 9, 2020 4:47 PM
Dec 2020
MAPPA_Enthusiast said:
yaegerist-15 said:

Man you are one of the few left optimists around here. Im just right in the middle of being optimists or realistist. I hope from the bottom of my hear that They will do justice for both the story pacing & animation. But my question is : How to stay possitive around such hate or pesimism every where. I watched the Ep more than 8 times and I think i get used to the cg. In the first watch i got used to the characters designs, but i had to take more time to get used for CD titan. But not i only hope that the staff doesnt have some irreversible injuries or conditions (or worse) and they deliver good adaptation. I still have some faith & hope for good news. But i am surrounded from every side with negative thoughts.
I watched the episode 3 times and personally like the CGI except for the beast titan (flu). Animation, artsstyle, direction and music was on point for me (mostly). But I think most of the negative/pessimistic people just worry too much but I cant blame them. Everyone here invested several years of the anime and manga and we all want a good adaption. But to make it clear: I just rewatched the reiner vs eren fight in season 3 and it wasnt that good. It was more like a slideshow but the good sakuga scene with the survey corps and their ogm made the action moments for me and we will see that kind of 2d animation for sure. Quality of s3 p2 wasnt as good as season 1 or even season 2 but its still my favorite season so far because it was good in the most crucial moments. And season 4 will be even better storywise so everyone here will be pleasured with the good 2d animation in the best scenes and the godly direction of hayashi in the dialogs and story twists. Fight me if Im wrong later but have some faith in the staff
Dec 9, 2020 4:49 PM

Sep 2018
MironBiron said:
I’m watching the episode again right now. It helps me keep my expectations as low as possible.

Expect the rest of the episodes to look like that and you won't be disappointed. Even though Hayashi steps in like how you imagine, which is unrealistic to begin with, a single man can't be a savior of a huge production.
Dec 9, 2020 4:52 PM
Nov 2020
yaegerist-15 said:
MAPPA_Enthusiast said:

I watched the episode 3 times and personally like the CGI except for the beast titan (flu). Animation, artsstyle, direction and music was on point for me (mostly). But I think most of the negative/pessimistic people just worry too much but I cant blame them. Everyone here invested several years of the anime and manga and we all want a good adaption. But to make it clear: I just rewatched the reiner vs eren fight in season 3 and it wasnt that good. It was more like a slideshow but the good sakuga scene with the survey corps and their ogm made the action moments for me and we will see that kind of 2d animation for sure. Quality of s3 p2 wasnt as good as season 1 or even season 2 but its still my favorite season so far because it was good in the most crucial moments. And season 4 will be even better storywise so everyone here will be pleasured with the good 2d animation in the best scenes and the godly direction of hayashi in the dialogs and story twists. Fight me if Im wrong later but have some faith in the staff

Im not the type who wants to fight People or to prove that im right. Im only wanting to keep my faith in Hayashi to do justice. And you man, you are really helping me staying still faithful & psoitive. Im glad that there are still People good like you around all the toxicity everywhere.
Dec 9, 2020 4:53 PM
Dec 2020
MAPPA_Enthusiast said:
yaegerist-15 said:

Im not the type who wants to fight People or to prove that im right. Im only wanting to keep my faith in Hayashi to do justice. And you man, you are really helping me staying still faithful & psoitive. Im glad that there are still People good like you around all the toxicity everywhere.
Yes man. Lets call it a day now and enjoy the episodes and the hype
Dec 9, 2020 6:03 PM
Oct 2020
[quote=MironBiron message=61352596]
keragamming said:
logh looks like garbage

Lmao that’s not true. It’s one of the most well directed series I’ve ever seen.

@MAQS

The thing about the reanimated cuts in LOGH is that they’re there throughout the entire series. They occasionally pop up and they’re clunky as hell, but somehow they manage to become part of the show, they don’t actually feel alien when you rewatch the series.

z7ProSpyce said:
So I not understand, because now for me you are being very vague, is like you are lost in your thoughs because this cause a impact in you.

We just have different perspectives brother. I hyped myself by researching the staff but the schedule didn’t allow them to deliver according to their talent. Look at my thread again if you want. The expectations that my research raised were grounded in reality, but didn’t take into account the terrible schedule (Hayashi was literally still working on Dorohedoro during production of EP1, Tomohiro wasn’t able to participate in the actual production of the show) as well as the staff’s inexperience with Attack on Titan.

crypt0l0gy said:
Details in art and composition helps me to understand and putting together what I‘m watching. Remember the boulder throw in S3P2 where the camera zooms on Erwin? Compare the impact and effect of that with this regarding visual storytelling and you see what I mean.

And it isn’t even hard to achieve within a slightly healthier schedule. Like, show us a fast-paced sequence of character close-ups when shit hits the fan. A fierce close-up of Colt in the beginning of the episode when he gives Magath the bad news. Where the hell is the tension?[/quote

If is the perspective, ok so.

I will stop talk about this subject with you , I don't want force you or something like this, I will respect your perspective. I hope that you can understand me, so have a nice day.
Dec 9, 2020 6:22 PM
Oct 2020
MAPPA_Enthusiast said:
yaegerist-15 said:

Man, if you like this, keep with that though, if you stay here in MAL the things will be worse ... and worse ...

I love the animation, the changes, the effects, Sakai and Furamata are fire.

If you like it and have faith so you can enjoy, let's enjoy the season. Stay strong with your thoughs, don't be carried by the others.
Dec 9, 2020 6:34 PM

Mar 2012
MironBiron said:

I think we should consider what episode would make sense to end the first cour on. Remember, they do choose good spots to split it up at. If I had to guess, everything after that one big event us manga readers know about would make sense. You know what event I mean. This is what makes 122 make the most sense to me. I don't think they're sadistic enough to make it end on that ONE other Eren cliffhanger, if y'know what I mean.
Dec 9, 2020 6:37 PM

Oct 2013
MironBiron said:

Leakers said 2 chapters per episode, based off the two titles from NHK episode 2 and 3 is also 2 chapters per episode. So its ending at 122.
Dec 9, 2020 8:06 PM

Nov 2008
keragamming said:
Leakers said 2 chapters per episode, based off the two titles from NHK episode 2 and 3 is also 2 chapters per episode. So its ending at 122.

SpyTrue said that sometimes it will be less than 2 chapters per episode and that episode 9 will end somewhere in the first half of chapter 107, making at least the 9 first episodes paced at 1.8 chapters per episodes.

This, if they indeed end the 16th episode with chapter 122, would result in a WfP arc that is paced at 2.3 (!!!!!!!!!!) chapters per episode.

Nobody in their right mind wants a 7 episode long WfP arc.
MironBironDec 9, 2020 8:23 PM
Dec 9, 2020 8:51 PM
Dec 2020
Kazuhirra said:
If this is true and it's indeed a split cour with the first split taking "10 episodes or less", what was the point of MAPPA taking over the final season?
mappa and famb collab with each other lol and want to suck this season in every possible way
Dec 9, 2020 9:45 PM

Jul 2020
Eslam spytrye and Dac are the only reliable leakers for aot s4.So we should keep update on them.
https://twitter.com/eslam_bouz/status/1320020260427386880
This is Eslam.Actually he leaked the release date WAY BEFORE than spytrue or dac did.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 9, 2020 10:18 PM
Apr 2018
Lmfao someone unblurred the entire episode and it definitely looks better
Dec 9, 2020 10:22 PM

Aug 2020
MAPPA_Enthusiast said:

they're the new JC Pierrot

also staff overwork is shitty and brings shit quality more often than not,Akudama drive didn't work the staff and it looks amazing (and it was made by JC pierrot nonetheless)

also it sems verceek confirms my fears,episode 1 indeed would be the best quality.
Sad7727Dec 9, 2020 10:30 PM
Dec 9, 2020 10:30 PM

Jul 2020
Like everyone above me are saying they shouldn't overwork their staff.Even if the anime is good they will get more backlash from the fans regarding the overwork of animators.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 9, 2020 10:42 PM

Sep 2017
so its confirmed THAT declaration will be postponed a week, god i hope they really nailed that scene
Dec 9, 2020 11:41 PM

Oct 2013
MironBiron said:
keragamming said:

SpyTrue said that sometimes it will be less than 2 chapters per episode and that episode 9 will end somewhere in the first half of chapter 107, making at least the 9 first episodes paced at 1.8 chapters per episodes.

This, if they indeed end the 16th episode with chapter 122, would result in a WfP arc that is paced at 2.3 (!!!!!!!!!!) chapters per episode.

Nobody in their right mind wants a 7 episode long WfP arc.

Spy said the first episode would be 1.3 chapter long, which was ridiculous to believe by anyone, turns out he was wrong.
Dec 9, 2020 11:53 PM
Mar 2018
https://twitter.com/Vercreek/status/1336938893489315840

That vercreek guy has deleted all his Attack on Titan/Mappa tweets from the past few days. Also removed "mappa slave" from his bio lol
Dec 9, 2020 11:59 PM

Jan 2009
spiderboi said:

That vercreek guy has deleted all his Attack on Titan/Mappa tweets from the past few days. Also removed "mappa slave" from his bio lol

some of his boss or co-leagues warned him i guess especially that he said later episodes will have downgrade in quality and that is normal in most anime anyway
Dec 10, 2020 12:04 AM
Mar 2018
deg said:
spiderboi said:

some of his boss or co-leagues warned him i guess especially that he said later episodes will have downgrade in quality and that is normal in most anime anyway

Probably. In one of the replies someone asked for his age and apparently he’s 16 lmao
Dec 10, 2020 12:06 AM
Jan 2018
I am just getting a boner watching the unblurred version of the episode. Be sure to check it out for once people. So many minute details are masked by that obnoxious filter. IMHO the CG especially the Armored looks better without the desperate blending attempt. I couldn't notice any drawbacks personally but am open to rectifications.

The guy who did this: https://twitter.com/Miish3lov/status/1336366387409920003?s=08

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1880958&show=0#msg61354209

Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Dec 10, 2020 12:08 AM
Dec 2020
Sad7727 said:
MAPPA_Enthusiast said:

they're the new JC Pierrot

also staff overwork is shitty and brings shit quality more often than not,Akudama drive didn't work the staff and it looks amazing (and it was made by JC pierrot nonetheless)

also it sems verceek confirms my fears,episode 1 indeed would be the best quality.
No, he said the climax episodes will have the same quality or even better. If they handle the climax episodes good then we are good. But they are fixing some of the other episodes. I think we have to wait till episode 5-7 to make a review. I personally dont think mappa will screw this. Hayashi is a good director and the cgi was outsourced to Studio V-Sign. We will see mappas best animation later, mark that
Dec 10, 2020 12:10 AM

Dec 2020
Bhaskar_Singh said:
I am just getting a boner watching the unblurred version of the episode. Be sure to check it out for once people. So many minute details are masked by that obnoxious filter. IMHO the CG especially the Armored looks better without the desperate blending attempt. I couldn't notice any drawbacks personally but am open to rectifications.

I'm sorry but these look horrible, over-edited and saturated. Gabi is fucking ORANGE in your screenshots. This is a battlefield, why do you want the colors to be this comically blown up? Reminds me of Dragon Ball fans and their obsession with everything being sharp and excessively colored
Dec 10, 2020 12:16 AM

Sep 2012
we knew that staff is having a hell schedule wayyyyyy before these tweets like? its nothing new, so why keep spreading these doomer attitudes like it's something new.
Dec 10, 2020 12:17 AM

Dec 2020
Sad7727 said:

I am begging you to think, saying that episode 3 is where you start to see the anime for what it really is doesn't mean in any way that ep 3 will fucking melt and that ep 1 is "the best" you could expect
That's utterly false and if you used your head for 3 seconds you would notice this doesn't work for an astonishing amount of anime
What Verceek said is that episode 2 or 3 is usually where you can see how the anime can sometimes look like without the "attract audience" aim. Applies for season 1, 2 and 3 of AOT and kind of every TV anime on earth (personally I don't believe it to be the case here since ep2 does look better with the NEP alone)
This is based on anime production as a whole and is speculation frome those on his part. He said it himself
I feel like trying to explain things to this fandom worsens things since a bunch just take assume the comedically critical worst of what people say. Vercreek is correct, and hasn't said anything that we didn't know so far. (except maybe the movie quality storyboard/cinematography in the episodes he worked on.Wouldn't surprise me a lot of these were Hayashi's episodes. And if Vercreek was called, you can expect a quite awesome episode)

So I am begging you to, as he said, wait for the god damn broadcast before judging episodes you haven't seen, this is honestly the stupidest state this fandom has ever been in. Nothing has changed, your beloved anime is produced the same as it has always been and there is nothing """critically bad""" happening NOW that didn't happen before.
Dec 10, 2020 12:28 AM
Jan 2018
TheCloverfield said:
Bhaskar_Singh said:

I'm sorry but these look horrible, over-edited and saturated. Gabi is fucking ORANGE in your screenshots. This is a battlefield, why do you want the colors to be this comically blown up? Reminds me of Dragon Ball fans and their obsession with everything being sharp and excessively colored

There are not edited. I just increased the saturation according to my personal preference. The unblurred episode is at normal colors as the original episode.

Also Attack on Titan was always a battlefield. Colors were always way more vibrant that these in the previous seasons. Not to mention the the colors are washed out even considering a battlefield field.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Dec 10, 2020 12:32 AM

Dec 2020
Bhaskar_Singh said:

Also Attack on Titan was always a battlefield. Colors were always way more vibrant that these in the previous seasons. Not to mention the the colors are washed out even considering a battlefield field.

You didn't "unblur" anything you applied an overdone sharpen filter that destroys the ambient bloom and lighting of the episode

This is a completely new era for the franchise, with new story, completely brand new setting inspired off world war 1 and character comes new visuals. I understand that you like the super crisp/clean stuff but trying to artificially edit those into an already composited differently approached anime only makes things worse. (and no, previous season weren't really battlefields but sure)
TheCloverfieldDec 10, 2020 12:38 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (136) « First ... « 133 134 [135] 136 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabiā€¦

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.