Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 25, 2020 3:04 PM
Jun 2020
So, no one's gonna talk of the user deleting the account after making the thread? No? Okay.
Oct 25, 2020 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
It is JoJo, you can doubt it as much as you want but its a great show
Oct 28, 2020 2:01 PM

Apr 2020
memes !!
jojo fans are the funniest community xd
Dec 4, 2021 11:03 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
you sure did a great job reviving this thread ^

smoochie smoochie

Dec 4, 2021 11:13 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
sadfffg said:
MonkeeDan said:
you sure did a great job reviving this thread ^

The last post before you seems to be from 2020.
seems like they deleted their post.

smoochie smoochie

Dec 4, 2021 11:27 AM

Sep 2020
Quality memes, most of it's parts are good style over substance and when it tried to take itself seriously SO and SBR came out. It has it's flaws (VA and Jojolion), but, in general, it's a good franchise to follow up.
Dec 4, 2021 11:49 AM

Sep 2020
I like JoJo for it's unique art style, stunning character design and well-written characters, the concept of 'stands', the historical and cultural background as well as the plot. The sheer amount of references to western culture, music, arts etc... so refreshing imo
Dec 4, 2021 11:49 AM

Feb 2020
i like it because it's funny and so over the top.
Dec 4, 2021 11:51 AM
May 2021
I've tried but I can't shutdown my brain for longer than 6 days. Why is jojo ranked higher than some shows that are obviously more amazing? I mean my friends kept persuading me to watch jojo and I finally did, I watched every single painstaking episode. I had just finished watching AOT, Slime anime, konosuba, and death note, and I was looking for some new anime that could feel the hole that those four awesome animes left. But then, I made the mistake of turning to my friends for anime (they recommended to me the jojo anime). It's a normal custom for me to go online and check the ratings of any anime I want to begin, and so when I checked, all jojo anime's were rated really high up and so I decided to binge watch the anime ( a mistake I would come to regret). I was 14 episodes into the first season and I had already began to have my doubt's about the anime. I was ready the drop it but then my friends told me that the anime gets better with time just like AOT, so I decided to have faith in my friends and continue the series. I should also mention that I'm one of those people who can't drop an anime after i've gotten deep into it. After going through through hell of watching three seasons the only bit I barely liked was the fight between Dio and jotaro and even though I shut off my brain like my friends said I should, I couldn't just let the loose plots and writings slide. At that time my friends still kept persuading me and told me that I shouldn't give and also that I should watch part four, in their words " it's the best part of the series. And so I persevered and watched part 4 and 5. And so that brings me to where I am today, I have one simple but crucial question to ask. How the hell is jojo rated higher than some other animals that are clearly better than it? Animes like fire force, bleach, mushoku tensei, world trigger, blood lad etc (I could've kept listing better animes but if i did my batteries wouldn't be able to endure, the list is endless).
Dec 4, 2021 12:01 PM

Sep 2020
Now that I finally start watching it, I start to get why people love it so much, unique style, great animation, excellent music, interesting characters, meme material, the stands setting is really cool.
Dec 4, 2021 12:05 PM

Mar 2021
It's unique, fun, and has lots of interesting characters and stands. Just a great show in general, although I understand that it's not for everyone.
Dec 4, 2021 12:17 PM

Jul 2007
Because it's actually good. Similar to FMA:B, JJBA is one of the few high rated anime on MAL that is of substance.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Dec 4, 2021 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
I guess for some people it's the bizarreness (unironically). I couldn't get into Jojo through the anime personally. I like the mystery, suspense, and supernatural aspects of the show.
Dec 4, 2021 11:51 PM

Nov 2019
I used to think that JJBA was just about a group of men that do weird sus stuff together (based on my experience from JJBA clips on YouTube -Kakyoin -joseph joestar) until I had a close friend recommend it to me and I ended up really enjoying it.
Dec 4, 2021 11:56 PM

Jan 2021
removed-user said:
It is the new Naruto. Just a fad, ignore it. People will eventually grow out of that silly anime, cause they are still kids and don't know any better.

30+ years and your fad is still trending.

Lmao
Dec 4, 2021 11:58 PM
Aug 2019
JoJo is a good anime as well as a meme lmao
Dec 4, 2021 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
Because it's unique and bizzare. Also I like the atmosphere and nature of the show. And part 7. And Interesting characters. And anymore? PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS.
Dec 5, 2021 12:07 AM

Jul 2021
It´s art, a masterpiece.

So much elements combine to each other:
- the style
- funny (a lot of memes, absolutly)
- some goodfights
- unique characters with storylines
Dec 5, 2021 12:25 AM
Jul 2018
removed-user said:
Wherever I go on the internet nowadays I keep finding jojo memes and references. Jojo literally seems to be everywhere. I have only watched it till stardust crusaders. I would really like to know why do you guys love jojo so much ??

for me it's all about how the show really doesn't take itself seriously at all, plus it's constantly changing itself up so it doesn't get stale

it's called Bizarre for a reason, and it is Bizarre

I'd say Jojo's definitely is not perfect, but there's just so much to respect about it that I can't hate it no matter how boring it can get at parts. Araki is always taking risks and adding in new concepts, all I can do is salute
Dec 5, 2021 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
Eterack said:
I've tried but I can't shutdown my brain for longer than 6 days. Why is jojo ranked higher than some shows that are obviously more amazing? I mean my friends kept persuading me to watch jojo and I finally did, I watched every single painstaking episode. I had just finished watching AOT, Slime anime, konosuba, and death note, and I was looking for some new anime that could feel the hole that those four awesome animes left. But then, I made the mistake of turning to my friends for anime (they recommended to me the jojo anime). It's a normal custom for me to go online and check the ratings of any anime I want to begin, and so when I checked, all jojo anime's were rated really high up and so I decided to binge watch the anime ( a mistake I would come to regret). I was 14 episodes into the first season and I had already began to have my doubt's about the anime. I was ready the drop it but then my friends told me that the anime gets better with time just like AOT, so I decided to have faith in my friends and continue the series. I should also mention that I'm one of those people who can't drop an anime after i've gotten deep into it. After going through through hell of watching three seasons the only bit I barely liked was the fight between Dio and jotaro and even though I shut off my brain like my friends said I should, I couldn't just let the loose plots and writings slide. At that time my friends still kept persuading me and told me that I shouldn't give and also that I should watch part four, in their words " it's the best part of the series. And so I persevered and watched part 4 and 5. And so that brings me to where I am today, I have one simple but crucial question to ask. How the hell is jojo rated higher than some other animals that are clearly better than it? Animes like fire force, bleach, mushoku tensei, world trigger, blood lad etc (I could've kept listing better animes but if i did my batteries wouldn't be able to endure, the list is endless).

it's because it

1. changes up it's genre often
2. ridiculous outfits
3. ridiculous fights
4. ridiculous powers
5. cult status

there's just so much to respect about the show, it's beautiful. you really aren't supposed to take it all too seriously, and it's amazing at doing what it tries to

like how can you really say "yeah, this show about Big Buff Men dressing up very Flamboyant and Gayly and fighting with Magic Fist Ghosts while their friends Exposit Exposition that doesn't take itself seriously and it constantly changing, like having Nazis in Part 2 and Jesus in Part 7, with a art Style that got into the Louvre (look it up)... yeah, that's clearly bad cause it's not serious" like why would u ever think a show like this would be serious? you were never meant to take Jojo's seriously, it isn't supposed to be held up to the same pedistal as Death Note or FMAB

it's Ridiculous... Ridiculously Fun to watch and point out the Ridiculous stuff to your friends and laugh, not at, but with
Dec 5, 2021 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
ComboSmooth said:
I dunno.

my unpopular opinion is that jojo's gets worse with every part.
I prefer Jojo's when it's about using martial arts to fight vampires. When it becomes using personas to eat pasta... i just stop caring.

I tried reading Jojos like 10 before the anime and i gave up early into part 3.

Then i watched JoJos and wanted to give up during part 3, but people had so much hype for the show that i pushed through to the end... It has a good ending fight with Dio but i wouldnt say that jojos part 3 needed 48 episodes. Should've cut out like 24 episodes and half of those worthless tool villains.

Tried to watch part 4 and everything that i disliked about part 3 is front and center of part 4. Meandering villain of the week storylines. Plus i dont think jojo's is all that funny. So leaning more and more into the absurd comedy of it doesn't do anything for me.

honestly there's nothing wrong with liking the original parts of Jojo's more than the later ones, I'm glad you got something out of the series. Villain of the week stuff is always hit or miss depending on the villain, sometimes I've just straight up skipped one or two cause they were so boring
Dec 5, 2021 12:45 AM
Apr 2020
Likely for most people it's that Jojo is just such a weird show. The art style is different from most anime, and it's easy to make memes about it and quote it. And it is a pretty damn solid show overall if you ask me.
Dec 5, 2021 5:15 AM

May 2016
I have never watched it and probably never will, I just know that the fanbase is annoying af and I hate the visuals.
Dec 5, 2021 5:21 AM

Aug 2021
because they are gay.. only gay people like jojo!!

Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Dec 5, 2021 5:31 AM

May 2016
It took me 3 years to get through part one, being the only anime-watching experience that made me want to cry out of sheer boredom. It was exhaustingly dull and I can't recall anything from it that hasn't been made into a meme.

That said, was very excited for part 2, having heard it's where it gets good. And it is good. It's fine. 6/10.
I don't need to see any more of it for now. Didn't ever find it funny either. Really seems like anime for people who don't watch much anime, they get all of the weirdness in one, easily digestible package.
Dec 5, 2021 5:33 AM

Aug 2018
it's those chiseled abs and jawlines, too irresistible
Dec 5, 2021 1:06 PM

Jul 2021
I honestly don't know. part 7 was the only great part.

Dec 5, 2021 1:14 PM

Mar 2021
because of the fights, i guess. like some of the fights are really really good even though i don't like jojo
Dec 5, 2021 4:02 PM
Patron

May 2014
Its a clumsy kind of humour with nice fights so whats there not to like?
Dec 7, 2021 1:32 AM
May 2021
You guys are just trying to defend bad writing like any other jojo fan would.
The writing is trying to get serious and complex but ultimately just falls flat. If it were any other any, it would have received derogatory comments.
You jojo fans really need to let go of the past. It was awesome at some period but now, compared to other contemporary anime, it's bad.
EterackDec 7, 2021 1:49 AM
Dec 7, 2021 5:23 PM
Jan 2017
Pakumen- said:
Because it fucks every shonen troupe to exist, and pretty much defined a lot of them in certain ways.

Also, you never know what to expect from it.

Btw whoever said Jojo is the new naruto, well Jojo existed almost 2 decades before Naruto. If anything Black Clover is the new naruto.

This.

JoJo poses is also something you should take into account.
Gintoki and Joseph ftw!
Also, STR or DEX? Quality build, of course!
Dec 7, 2021 5:28 PM
Jan 2017
For those who are still new to JoJo, just keep watching it. Part 1 may be unbearable to some, but once you get into Part 2, you will likely love Joseph. You will definitely come to love JoJo series if you love even Part 1 like I do.

How could I love Part 1, you ask? Because it reminds me a lot of Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star, minus the ridiculous martial arts, plus the fabulous poses, and Jonathan is my 3rd favorite JoJo, surpassed only by Joseph as the 1st favorite, and Johnny as the 2nd favorite.
Gintoki and Joseph ftw!
Also, STR or DEX? Quality build, of course!
Dec 7, 2021 5:30 PM

Sep 2020
Because eccentric fashionable men striking poses
Dec 7, 2021 7:20 PM
Level 1 Otaku

Jan 2018
bc JOOOOOOOOOOOJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dec 7, 2021 7:33 PM
Aug 2018
In my case, it’s because of the high diversity and creativity it manages to establish on multiple stories (parts). Each part tries something different and manage to entertain with nice storytelling with a great blend of action, adventure, craziness, comedy and half-serious tones drama. Although the first part is a bit weak, the rest has a lot of redeeming qualities.
Reviewing is not easy.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you have a prejudice against people who watch ecchi/hentai?

Dragevard - 21 minutes ago

5 by Celeste21 »»
5 minutes ago

» A century-old anime just discovered in Japan

TRC_Randy - Yesterday

20 by AverageRiceFan »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 )

Cammell - Yesterday

82 by Celeste21 »»
14 minutes ago

» If you could change one anime into being a hardcore ecchi, which one would you pick?

APolygons2 - 3 hours ago

16 by Catalano »»
16 minutes ago

» Best pink haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Jan 22

64 by Celeste21 »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.