Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Oct 15, 3:42 AM
Wherever I go on the internet nowadays I keep finding jojo memes and references. Jojo literally seems to be everywhere. I have only watched it till stardust crusaders. I would really like to know why do you guys love jojo so much ??

Oct 15, 3:45 AM
It is the new Naruto. Just a fad, ignore it. People will eventually grow out of that silly anime, cause they are still kids and don't know any better.

Oct 15, 3:47 AM

It's dumb fun with weird visuals. That's why I like it at least.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST

Oct 15, 3:48 AM

its funny, its bizarre, it has good fights and its hella entertaining

I love JoJo because it's a fun and over-the-top series that a lot of people can find a lot of enjoyment out of.

You have:
- Great characters
- Unique art styles
- Stands
- Memes
- Really good storytelling
- Good world building
- References to western culture

And all of those come together to make JoJo what it is.

Get used to seeing JoJo references in the anime community.

Join the Anime Entry Guide Club here: https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=79626

Some people aren't manly enough to appreciate this anime
And then, God missed a step of his stairs

Oct 15, 3:52 AM
I guess its because theres just nothing quite like it. Though the fanbase is quite annoying at times.

You can check Gigguk's video where he tried to explain why JoJo is so popular today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiuT0l4T1tk

Oct 15, 3:57 AM
Many consider it a breath of fresh air.

Cypresz said:
It is the new Naruto. Just a fad, ignore it. People will eventually grow out of that silly anime, cause they are still kids and don't know any better.

...How long do you think fads last if you think the love for Jojo hasn't been long enough to not be considered one?

Oct 15, 3:59 AM
OnionKnightRises said:

Cypresz said:

...How long do you think fads last if you think the love for Jojo hasn't been long enough to not be considered one?

Last time I checked, people in Japan got sick of Jojos after part 6 or smt. I'm guessing same will happen with the West as well, cause now people only follow the anime and stuff. Ya'now? So around 10 year maybe.

Oct 15, 4:03 AM

It's retarded and fun. People like to turn off their brains for once.

Only Casuals actually care about taste...

Oct 15, 4:08 AM
Cypresz said:
OnionKnightRises said:

Last time I checked, people in Japan got sick of Jojos after part 6 or smt. I'm guessing same will happen with the West as well, cause now people only follow the anime and stuff. Ya'now? So around 10 year maybe.

I would not call something that is popular for a minimum of 10 years a fad. Jojo started in 1986, and Stone Ocean ended in 2003, so that's an almost 2 decade old fad. You're also saying the Japanese got sick of Jojo after part 6, when 7 is the most beloved and critically acclaimed Jojo part. A lot of people didn't like part 5 that much, yet the part 5 anime got a shit ton of hype, and part 7 literally has the second top spot here on MAL when it comes to manga.

I get that some people won't like Jojo and it's not their cup of tea, that's completely fine the series has it's flaws, but calling it a fad is silly. It's definitely not going anywhere anytime soon. Hopefully the obnoxious parts of the Jojo fandom will chill the fuck out and stop annoying everyone though, that'd be nice.

Oct 15, 4:27 AM

"Why do people love jojo so much ?"

- People like delinquents.
- People like flamboyant characters.
- People like "Ora-ora-ora...".
- Under all it's supposed originality and stylistic choices JoJo is practically a battle shouen with horror elements...and people like battle shounen.

Oct 15, 4:41 AM

Cypresz said:
sorry to break you but it hype will increase even more once steel ball run will get animated, there are three more parts left so you won't see jojo hype to die in this decade at least but after that who knows.

Oct 15, 4:43 AM

No one actually likes JoJo people just pretend to do to fit in with le meme culture.
-------------------------------

Oct 15, 4:49 AM

Well for me it was just a lot of fun to watch^^ Some of the stands were pretty unique and I like how they were utulized. Other than that the anime has pretty good production and the openings are great (Ofc that is just my opinion)

Oct 15, 4:56 AM

When I first saw part 1, i hated it, after part 4 it became one of my favs. Now I love all parts, even part 1

Oct 15, 4:59 AM
hell would i know. of the 4 parts ive watched, i can say its overatted.

part 1-5/10
2-8/10
3-8/10
4-9/10

Oct 15, 5:05 AM
It's storytelling is pretty meh and it's characters have a unique charm to them (especially Joseph). It's incredibly cheesy and overdramatic (and manly) but in a good way
"Don't forget my name, Soul Reaper, and you better pray that you never hear it again! Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez...because the next time you hear my name, you'll be a dead man...I promise."

Oct 15, 5:12 AM

dont like the art, seen trail and its not for me

Oct 15, 5:23 AM

I wish I knew. I mean, enjoy your anime my dudes and dudettes, but don't annoy everyone with "It was me! Dio!" and Jojo reference memes.
I looked into it and found it very... bizarre to say at least.

Oct 15, 5:55 AM
Because the main protagonist changed in every part.
Naruto - naruto
One piece - luffy
Dragon ball - goku
Bleach - ichigo
Hxh - gon
Fmab - edward
Snk - eren
Gintama - gintoki
Bnha - midoriya
Black clover - asta
Kny - tanjiro

Jojo - jonathan, joseph, jotaro, josuke, giorno, jolyne, johnny, jousuke

I love battle shounen anime

Oct 15, 6:01 AM

I try so hard to get into it but keep stopping......... maybe if I can get past the first season ill like it
入部したい人いますか?日本語でアニメについて話しましょう
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=73836

Oct 15, 6:17 AM

Damuzen said:
Some people aren't manly enough to appreciate this anime

This man here is speaking the truth.

Oct 15, 6:22 AM

I like jojo because he punches Stand's and has a fat cock

Oct 15, 6:37 AM

I have no idea how anyone could like something that is so visually repulsive.

Oct 15, 6:42 AM

To keep up with the memes... probably.

Oct 15, 6:43 AM

even if its mainstream and every cat on earth likes JoJo i still cant bring myself to hate it, i love it too much especially the characters. the pop outs and visuals for me lol
okabe and makise rights
drink dr pepper
el psy kongroo

Oct 15, 6:46 AM

Because it is good? Because its original?
U need to be a manly man to appreciate JoJo
Have u ever seen something like this?
If u r an anime Fan u have to like JoJo,Thats just a fact~TheAnimeMan aka Joey
ye bois we reached 69 friends

Oct 15, 6:52 AM

Because it fucks every shonen troupe to exist, and pretty much defined a lot of them in certain ways.

Also, you never know what to expect from it.

Btw whoever said Jojo is the new naruto, well Jojo existed almost 2 decades before Naruto. If anything Black Clover is the new naruto.

Oct 15, 7:01 AM

SuicideMaster said:
‼️‼️HOLY FUCKING SHIT‼️‼️eleven‼️‼️ IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING JOJO REFERENCE??????!!!!!!!!!!11!1!1!1!1!1!1! JOJO IS THE BEST FUCKING ANIME JOSUKE IS SO BADASSSSS ORAORAORAORAORALORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo! Oh you’re approaching me?! But it was me, Dio‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️
SHUT THE FUCK UP

i swear Jojo fans are the kpop fans of the anime fandom

Oct 15, 7:10 AM

lmao Jojo is very original and the characteres are unpredictable, i guess its something "new" even though its been around since the 80's. either way its certainly something... i love part 4 because the villian reminds me of Johan (Monster)
okabe and makise rights
drink dr pepper
el psy kongroo

Oct 15, 7:16 AM

Because its fun, has great characters, its original, and its bizarre of course

Tbh I don't like Part 5 though. I actually dropped it. I don't like the characters or the animation style.

Oct 15, 7:22 AM

Because JoJo is massive, it's got everything, it references very iconic songs, bands, mythology and what not. JoJo is also full of meme moments on itself, JoJo has stablished a standard so hard that many other anime and manga references JoJo because JoJo is that big. Either you love it or you hate it, there's no inbetween. Don't listen to the "Araki Forgot" people tho, they are a bunch of idiots that barely pay attention to what they're watching.

Cypresz said:

With JoJo still on going and becoming more Seinen than Shounen, that's most likely NEVER going to happen. Sorry to break it for ya.
Just give them a pair of over sized breasts and a happy ending and they'll oink for more every time

Mr. Burns

Oct 15, 8:02 AM

I dunno.

my unpopular opinion is that jojo's gets worse with every part.
I prefer Jojo's when it's about using martial arts to fight vampires. When it becomes using personas to eat pasta... i just stop caring.

I tried reading Jojos like 10 before the anime and i gave up early into part 3.

Then i watched JoJos and wanted to give up during part 3, but people had so much hype for the show that i pushed through to the end... It has a good ending fight with Dio but i wouldnt say that jojos part 3 needed 48 episodes. Should've cut out like 24 episodes and half of those worthless tool villains.

Tried to watch part 4 and everything that i disliked about part 3 is front and center of part 4. Meandering villain of the week storylines. Plus i dont think jojo's is all that funny. So leaning more and more into the absurd comedy of it doesn't do anything for me.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here

Oct 15, 8:30 AM

memes i belive since alot of it originate from the show

Oct 15, 8:31 AM

Cypresz said:
It is the new Naruto. Just a fad, ignore it.

so naruto is a fad now? one of the most globally known and iconic anime is just a fad? lmao

Oct 15, 8:45 AM
I like Jojo because it is a old school style. I personally really like part 1. I don't understand why some people hate it but Jonathan is my 2nd favourite jojo.

Oct 15, 2:13 PM

because its manly af andhas some of the best ost

Oct 15, 2:17 PM

I like JoJo, because it has good characters, good power system, and it's funny.

Part 4 is the best part.

Oct 15, 3:01 PM

Because it is the only anime to cause a jihad (dio reading Koran)

Oct 15, 3:05 PM

Jojo is so weird there is not much series like it. The characters and villains are all lovable freaks. The ost is usually gold like pillar men theme. Besides that it is funny to schill it everywhere on the internet so no one can escape the Jojo references.

Oct 15, 3:31 PM

Jojo is actually shitty but thanks to Araki's stand people love it and can't stop thinking about it. He's a vampire too btw, that damn Araki. He used his hypnotic vampire powers to make Shoko Nakagawa go gaga over Jotaro.

Oct 15, 3:47 PM
There’s quite a few factors on why we love JoJo’s; it’s fun, bizarre, has amazing fights, has great OST’s, amazing production/directing, and most importantly the story telling is compelling.

Araki is just a genius with his amazing worldbuilding, lore and writing. Also, his character design is the best I’ve seen. Can’t wait to read part 6 onwards because I’m so hyped.

Oct 15, 3:49 PM

Honestly one google search would have saved you the trouble of shaking up the community.

Why do people love My Hero Academia?

Why do people love Sword art online?

Why do people love Attack on Titan?

No matter the anime, there's always something for people to enjoy in them that other don't.

Honestly I love the art style, western references and different protagonist in JoJo but I can see why others will ONLY ever see JoJo as a meme with is Bizarre writing and theme (pun intended).

Besides you're only a TRUE man if you have ever seen Fist of the North Star, Berserk and of course JoJo!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".

Oct 15, 3:52 PM
maybe i will try watching it someday to find out

Oct 15, 3:54 PM

Just a very enjoyable series. Though the fandom gets some hate, its probably the most fun community to be part of.

Oct 15, 3:56 PM

Zoomers like anime and memes and jojo has high meme potential ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 15, 4:03 PM

there is nothing like it,
its really good, but the problem are the first 3 parts
if its the first time watching them they're really bad
its just a repeating sytem of big weird fights

but because of this, the world has been built in +-75 episodes, wich is really long but this way everything is explained really thouroughly,

in part 4 and on the cool stories start, the bizzarre is getting a new meaning and you begin to notice a style, everything from music to fashion gets better
its appealing just because its so special

Oct 15, 4:08 PM

Cypresz said:

I would not say Jojo is a fad as the praise and memes have lasted for many years.

Oct 15, 5:33 PM

I like it because the art and characters are different from the norm, the main protag doesn't stay the same person, I like when there is real life references in anime, plus you can make anything into a Jojo meme~
I know Jojo isn't for everyone for various reasons but that can be said for lots of other things that have big fanbases. People who have watched a season and didn't like it might like it in a different season.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »