Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2020 2:22 PM

Aug 2020
Hi guys, I litreally know nothing about jujutsu kaisen but because i am a shonen addict i want to watch it. Just wanted to know if this anime will be deserving all the hype it getting as all of 2020 have been bad anime and overhyped like god of highschool and tower of god. Or will it be the next "demon slayer".

(if it is bad ill just read the manga)
Sep 20, 2020 2:27 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Well it's certainly looking like it's gonna be better than Demon Slayer at the very least.
Sep 20, 2020 3:24 PM

May 2018
ChrisBlitz said:
Hi guys, I litreally know nothing about jujutsu kaisen but because i am a shonen addict i want to watch it. Just wanted to know if this anime will be deserving all the hype it getting as all of 2020 have been bad anime and overhyped like god of highschool and tower of god. Or will it be the next "demon slayer".

The manga is amazing and the first episode looks like a good adaptation of the manga.
I don't know if it will be the next KNY (popularity wise) because it doesn't have this level of animation as far as I can see or a studio in Ufotable's level but I'm sure it will still be great and extremely popular.

Oh and @ChrisBlitz you need to ignore Roevhaal because he hates every shounen that exists, you can see that in his anime list.
Rider9530Sep 20, 2020 3:37 PM
Sep 20, 2020 3:30 PM

Mar 2019
ChrisBlitz said:

If the first episode and 3rd trailer have any thing to say then yes. However, we won't know for sure until we see a few more episodes and can judge the adaption.
Sep 20, 2020 3:34 PM

Nov 2018
what do you mean by the next 'demon slayer'? :/

well, people high expectation on shounen tends to kill a series that actually pretty decent, and as a manga reader and shounen addict as well, i'm looking forward to see the action scenes, i enjoy the battle choreography in the 1st episode. they add more details and changes a few scenes so it would be more understandable and give more atmosphere without ruining the original content. and the pacing is also fine so far.

and (imo) there is a few part with confusing pacing in the manga, and i guess watching the adaption still worth the time
Sep 20, 2020 3:40 PM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
hmm judging from the first episode, it looks promising. dont know if the hype is really gonna stay the way it is now but so far, the pacing is going smoothly, so i bet it'll be a promising adaption. :3

✧ forum set by the amazing, yashika-chwan <3 ✧
Sep 20, 2020 6:48 PM
Aug 2020
I believe it will live up to the hype, it’s a good thing that this anime isn’t being promoted crazy unlike crunchyroll’s way of promotion, that led to high expectations which isn’t always a good thing especially if the anime is going to be rushed, jujutsu kaisen will be fine, the pacing is doing good and hopefully get a huge boost in popularity by the start of october
Sep 21, 2020 11:34 PM
Jun 2020
It never got hyped to begin with but I'm sure it'll be good.

Expect many deaths though.
Sep 21, 2020 11:37 PM

May 2009
Nothing will top Kimetsu in popularity in Japan for few years. It's one for decade phenomenon.
Sep 23, 2020 9:40 AM

Mar 2016
Nah. I dont think so. People are quick to hype any series that has shonen tag in it. It's a marketing tactic, with fans commenting the manga "shonen series done right" as if any upcoming new shonen stories wont get that tagline as well. When you ultimately tear it down, it's just another action battle series that has been done over many times in the past.
Sep 23, 2020 11:42 PM

Mar 2015
Nope. I started reading it because of hype, 24 chapters in and there was nothing that made me want to keep reading but I pushed through to chapter 58 and still nothing that jumped out so it's been put on hold for now.

Only thing it's got going for it imo are the fights, everything else seems lacklustre.
Sep 24, 2020 3:56 AM
May 2020
The first episode is good. But it felt predictable. Also, I didn't felt the urge to watch the next episode as one normally does with great shows like Haikyuu. This is just my opinion.

It's fine though, it's only one episode. Once we are in 5-6 episodes deep, then we would have a better idea.
Sep 26, 2020 9:11 PM
Oct 2019
for sure it will be better than demon slayer... at least for me.. demon slayer is pretty mediocre. ufotable make it appealing. the story become so repetitive.. tanjiro and co goes to new place met a demon fought and win .. then he rest.. repeat and repeat for few arcs..
Sep 27, 2020 3:42 AM
Jul 2018
lmao literally anything is better than demon slayer, give it a shot :)
Sep 30, 2020 9:59 PM

Apr 2010
I think it can be. I'm a manga reader and this is one of my favorite battle mangas of all time currently. The fight choreography and the explanation of the power and abilities are really dope. If this doesn't take off like Demon Slayer then I will genuinely be surprised. JuJutsu Kaisen plot wise is just about as shallow as Demon Slayer but the fights and abilities are better thought out in Jujutsu Kaisen. I also think the pacing is slightly better than Demon Slayer. There is really no down time in Ju Jutsu Kaisen. It's one arc to the next within 2-3 chapters.
Oct 2, 2020 2:01 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
If you have read the manga or even skimmed through the spoilers, you'd know there's nothing to hype in the first place. It's any generic action themed anime combined with the plot of Ghost Hunt.
Oct 2, 2020 2:23 PM

Mar 2014
Demon Slayer's popularity grew because of a dumbass casual who saw it trending and decided to say it was the best anime of all.

The main takeaway is that everyone anime that did get popular was through these things:

1. By word of mouth
2. Source material
3. A casual with a huge fanbase that speaks highly of it.

to the best of my knowledge all the anime in the past 10 years that got big did so because of 1 and 3.

I've only read bits and parts of JJK so I can't comment on the source material but all it takes is word of mouth and an online user with loads of fans to make the next anime blow up!
Oct 2, 2020 10:44 PM

Jan 2020
Lolicon said:
If you have read the manga or even skimmed through the spoilers, you'd know there's nothing to hype in the first place. It's any generic action themed anime combined with the plot of Ghost Hunt.

Same as Demon Slayer , but it's helped with amazing graphics , yeah maybe there is a chance for this because this one won't be rushed and have 24 Eps
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Oct 3, 2020 8:58 AM
Dec 2017
People been hyping this show for a while lol. It's gonna suck if the high expectations kills it. (Of course, I hope that doesn't actually happen.)
Oct 3, 2020 9:11 AM

Mar 2020
if you a shounen addict then this is exactly your cup of tea
yum riceballs

i just want a baccano! season 2
Oct 3, 2020 9:25 AM
Sep 2019
This anime has a good story and is very deep and interesting, I liked it
Oct 3, 2020 9:33 AM
Sep 2020
ChrisBlitz said:

For me demon slayer was overhyped and I found tower of god to be much more better. But can't say the same thing about god of highschool.
Oct 4, 2020 11:14 PM

Jan 2020
It has lived the hype. Kinda surprised that this anime will lived the "demon Slayer" hype instead GoH for this year. If
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Oct 5, 2020 6:19 AM
Jun 2020
MarcusRomain said:
It has lived the hype. Kinda surprised that this anime will lived the "demon Slayer" hype instead GoH for this year. If

It's not really surprising at all. Unlike GOHS, Demon Slayer and JJK are both mainstream Shounen Jump action series with good manga sales. In general, all the Shounen Jump action anime get the attention of the general public who usually don't watch anime.
Oct 5, 2020 6:53 AM

Apr 2020
MarcusRomain said:
Lolicon said:

Same as Demon Slayer , but it's helped with amazing graphics , yeah maybe there is a chance for this because this one won't be rushed and have 24 Eps

Right, cause the graphics in Demon Slayer were really, really bad. Right? xD
You're clowning^^
Oct 11, 2020 9:15 AM

May 2013
Jujutsu Kaisen is a promising one. I know it will be once I heard they are making the anime adaptation the manga. I have never read it but I know the manga is quite worth it since its published in Shonen Jump. So, I am already looking forward to this and I am happy to see its 24 eps, that means they will be able to do a solid story that would follow the manga. Ep 2 and I'm loving it!

Oct 13, 2020 4:04 AM

Feb 2015
Merve2Love said:
MarcusRomain said:

Right, cause the graphics in Demon Slayer were really, really bad. Right? xD
You're clowning^^

Do people in 2020 still say graphics when referring to animation, this is mind blowing, i thought that was a late 00's early 10's curse that had been lifted a long time ago.

Oct 13, 2020 11:17 AM

Mar 2019
I believe it will live up , 24 episodes is good number.
Oct 13, 2020 3:32 PM
Nov 2019
Tower of God has amazing world-building, and JuJutsu Kaisen has amazing fights.
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Oct 13, 2020 7:07 PM
Aug 2020
when the jujutsu kaisen anime was announced
Anime Fan (who's only watching anime not manga) - jujutsu kaisen hmmm i thik it's a boring horror amime
Manga Fan (who's read jujutsu kaisen manga) - OHHHHHHHH!!!! jujutsu kaisen got animal adaptation it's gonna be soo. good man

after releasing first episode of jujutsu kaisen

anime Fan (who's watch jujutsu kaisen 1ep) - broooooo! it's sooo good I am dying for seen next episode

Manga Fan (who's hype of jujutsu kaisen anime ) - broooo ! it's good but anime quality is not that good

meanwhile me ( as a manga + anime fab ) - everything is so good about jujutsu kaisen story, animation , sounds , voice character artist, character design, everything

it's just good 😊

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Today, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.