Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 4, 2020 5:29 PM
Mar 2014
As soon as we found out Ash and Go would be staying in Vermilion City in Kanto, I assumed Misty/Brock would be appearing fairly regularly. They also already updated their designs in SM so I assumed if they appeared in this series they'd just re-use their new designs from the previous saga.

As we know Cerulean is close to Vermilon and even though Brock travels he could easily be going through Kanto too.

It almost seemed to me like the writers re-introduced them in SM to young fans so they could rejoin the cast with Ash and Go this series. All the people who spent nearly 20 years of their lives angry/upset/whatever about Misty leaving would finally be vindicated if she returned for more than a few eps.
Sep 5, 2020 12:26 PM

Apr 2015
Also Gary and his old mons with Prof Oak. Anyway... it's exactly what you said... This show is a pseudo-reboot. They don't care about older "audience" (who watch it illegally on the internet), some references and fanservice here and there is usually enough for them. I believe all Ash's old companions and mons will eventually reapper though.
Sep 20, 2020 6:07 AM

Oct 2015
The only thing that's rebooted is Ash not using his older Pokémon from previous gens (Although that's not to say that he won't later on)

There's continuity - He just had an episode where he returned to Alola and a major character showed development that was referenced at the end of SM.

So far we've seen the return of Lance, Korrina, and the entire SM cast. Plus according to a synopsis, we're set to see another return soon although I won't spoil that for you.

The writers also directly confirmed that we would have more returning characters.

TLDR: We're only 37 episodes in, and it's too soon to be missing Misty and Brock. Probably. Maybe.

Sep 20, 2020 3:14 PM

Jul 2013
If I were you, I wouldn't really take the Pokemon anime's continuity that seriously.

Anyway, I'm 100% sure Brock and Misty are gonna return for an episode or two. The anime's format makes it easier for old casts to return to the scene. I wouldn't be surprised if May, Dawn, etc. makes an appearance too.

Misty is busy being a gym leader. She just took a short vacation in SM and Brock is training to be a Pokemon doctor. He's probably busy doing his own stuff as well.
Sep 26, 2020 3:57 PM

May 2016
I think it is quite necessary to let go of the series that you knew, it is not the same and it will not be. I love this one and have been watching all the Pokémon series from the beginning, stop waiting to get back what you lost and enjoy this one.
We will probably still have them for 2 to 4 episodes in the near future.
Oct 2, 2020 7:27 PM

Aug 2019
Scott this is a really sad bait attempt. You've spent the better part of the last 15 years (I know this because I've read your Hoenn/BF saga posts) telling Misty fans that she'd never return to the show. So spare us your faux concern about her not appearing in this series.

Nobody outside of the Twitter Misty fanbase expected Misty to appear regularly just because Ash is close to Cerulean. Ash and Goh have their own world tour thing going on and Misty has her gym deal. They're all busy and wouldn't be expected to see each other as I'm sure you're aware of.
May 21, 2021 11:29 AM

Nov 2013
lol this...
i just searched for Koharu and learned she lives in Kanto... i never thought about that lmao

does kanto now have all those new pokemons, and a new professor as well :o
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 5 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 15, 2019

36 by Hilskuuu »»
Apr 21, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

45 by leanrv »»
Mar 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

51 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ChirekachiMizu - Dec 16, 2022

60 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 135 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 9, 2022

20 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.