Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Who do you prefer more between these two (as stand alone characters, not for shipping)?
Sep 1, 2020 3:31 PM
May 2015
I realised I couldn't stand Yuki in the old anime, but he literally won me over in the remake.

Kyo was really "bitchy" in the older version, slightly less "bitchy" in the new version.
Sep 2, 2020 3:42 PM

Apr 2015
Kyo has many more fans but I prefer Yuki as well, he's a much more complex character. Yuki x Tohru shipping is officially dead in the current anime though (S2E22).
Sep 2, 2020 9:39 PM

Jun 2020
Kyo still has yet to have his full character development though? His character development (and Tohru's) would be concentrated in S3 while Yuki pretty much has had his character development, so I don't think this poll is fair.

To answer the poll, though, I like both characters, but I'd say I prefer Kyo a bit more, I think. What can I say, I have a soft spot for jerk with heart of gold-type characters (though Kyo's not really a jerk, well).
Sep 2, 2020 9:56 PM

Mar 2017
Yuki by a far margin for me. Won me over in the manga and the anime just makes it even stronger.
Sep 3, 2020 2:18 PM

Feb 2017
Understanding Yuki is more difficult than that of Kyō, as his character is a lot complex whereas Kyō is much straight-forward. I think we should wait for Season 3 for now to get the whole picture. As per my personal viewpoint yet,I prefer Yuki as a character more than Kyō.
Sep 3, 2020 9:04 PM

Feb 2012
Which character we should pick between the two? This is the tough one to answer simply because both characters are simply the best as far as their characterization goes but there is something similar in both of them...and it is not caring for tohru because almost every zodiac member cares for her. It has already been shown that Yuki cares for Kyou and Kyou for Yuki. They already know each other's past and have been aware with their griefs and fears. They both try to mend their relationship but their pride is causing the inability.

In the latest Episode we saw how Kyo was irritated and angered when Yuki revealed the fact that his Cap has always been with Tohru. Though I don't know why Kyo felt that way but in my opinion it is either because he got defeated again when Yuki initiated to mend their relation or Kyo was reminded again how he failed to apologize to Yuki for the outburst he showed in his childhood with the cap incidence by saying something he regretted even until now. Kyo might have felt that he himself was in wrong to say what he had said to yuki in the past.

Also, it might be wrong to say this but the most probable reason for his irritated behavior was because Yuki has finally backed out and left Kyo to make a decision regarding his feeling for tohru. We already know that Kyo loves her but at the same he also knows his future so he has always been trying to keep his feeling locked for tohru and left Tohru to Yuki. Since Yuki is revealing this now that tohru has been keeping his cap, it almost mean that he will no longer pursue her and no longer be his replacement.

Since we aren't aware of his past yet, it is expected that he had more troubles compared to Yuki but was still liked by his peers unlike yuki. This shows how strong he was and how much hardship he must have faced. My vote goes to Kyo.
IFA1Sep 4, 2020 10:09 AM
Sep 4, 2020 6:45 AM

Mar 2012
I have liked Yuki since the old anime and the remake just made me love him even more. I love watching him do his best to improve himself. As for Kyou, I have never liked tsunderes, I hated him in the old version, he seems to be better in the remake, I can understand why he behaves the way he does but I still can't like him. Tohru's fixation on cats just makes matters even worse.

I really hate authors who bait.
Oct 25, 2020 12:43 PM

Jun 2014
Kyou because I like tsunderes and jerks with a heart of gold. <3 I don't like "princely" characters or feminine looking ones (not so clear in the remake as opposed to manga and old anime), so I don't like Yuki. I don't hate him, he's a good written character, but compared to him I LOVE Kyou.
(I also love Hatsuharu and Rin.)
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Mar 20, 2021 2:38 PM

Jul 2008
I felt so heart broken for Yuki while reading the manga, you can relate to him more. I think he was the most developed character who had the most emotional dialogues.
May 15, 2021 5:50 AM

Aug 2020
kyou is best boy in furuba
May 15, 2021 5:51 AM

Aug 2020
kyou is best boy in furuba
Nov 11, 2021 5:29 AM
Oct 2019
IFA1 said:
Which character we should pick between the two? This is the tough one to answer simply because both characters are simply the best as far as their characterization goes but there is something similar in both of them...and it is not caring for tohru because almost every zodiac member cares for her. It has already been shown that Yuki cares for Kyou and Kyou for Yuki. They already know each other's past and have been aware with their griefs and fears. They both try to mend their relationship but their pride is causing the inability.

In the latest Episode we saw how Kyo was irritated and angered when Yuki revealed the fact that his Cap has always been with Tohru. Though I don't know why Kyo felt that way but in my opinion it is either because he got defeated again when Yuki initiated to mend their relation or Kyo was reminded again how he failed to apologize to Yuki for the outburst he showed in his childhood with the cap incidence by saying something he regretted even until now. Kyo might have felt that he himself was in wrong to say what he had said to yuki in the past.

Also, it might be wrong to say this but the most probable reason for his irritated behavior was because Yuki has finally backed out and left Kyo to make a decision regarding his feeling for tohru. We already know that Kyo loves her but at the same he also knows his future so he has always been trying to keep his feeling locked for tohru and left Tohru to Yuki. Since Yuki is revealing this now that tohru has been keeping his cap, it almost mean that he will no longer pursue her and no longer be his replacement.

Since we aren't aware of his past yet, it is expected that he had more troubles compared to Yuki but was still liked by his peers unlike yuki. This shows how strong he was and how much hardship he must have faced. My vote goes to Kyo.

Well this is one way to look at it, thanks for putting everything into perspective, I just finished S2 and I can say I'm on Kyous side too, for some reason, he has had it worse, yet for some reason Yuki got the most screentime, I am sure Kyou would win next season, Yuki tho is also an amazing well written character and I'm sure we all can relate to him I'm some way, I guess I like both of them
Nov 17, 2021 12:11 AM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
Kyou by a far margin. I'm glad that he and Tohru ended up together.

I'm neutral to Yuki on the other hand.
Nov 17, 2021 10:56 AM
May 2015
Yuki is just a better character
Nov 17, 2021 11:04 AM

Dec 2020
I initially liked Kyo more but Yuki's growth throughout the series and all of the heartwarming scenes between him and his brother and the student council members made him my favourite character in the show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

240 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 28, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2020

127 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2020

124 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2020

106 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

142 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.