Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2020 2:06 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So that's the end... While Jisu almost brings back Hyun from calling his name, Hyuk later turns into a monster to stop Hyun.
After he's stopped, in the end he turns into an evolved mindless monster even though he's still in there from crying to Jisu's song.

Unfortunately the ending is left to our imagination as a cliff hanger...
Decent cool read. 7/10. ... There's still the epilogue left though. Hopefully that conclusion is fulfilling.
waalex11Aug 24, 2020 12:50 PM
Aug 24, 2020 10:09 AM

Oct 2019
this ending doesn't give me any satisfaction at all...

What's going to happen to the others, will this apocalypse ever end, and why would you end the series with the two characters who just died reborn and Hyun still clearly having some emotion left.

Even though it seems like there's more to the story, good read. 7/10
Aug 24, 2020 12:51 PM

Dec 2009
@Kazzak_
I disregarded it until I looked back at a thread but there's still the epilogue left to be translated.
Aug 24, 2020 2:41 PM
Sep 2017
Kazzak_ said:
this ending doesn't give me any satisfaction at all...

What's going to happen to the others, will this apocalypse ever end, and why would you end the series with the two characters who just died reborn and Hyun still clearly having some emotion left.

Even though it seems like there's more to the story, good read. 7/10
the epilogue shows what happened after, pretty wholesome i would say
Aug 29, 2020 5:00 PM

May 2015
Started reading this 3 days ago thinking it was ongoing, as I was recommended it by a friend about a year ago because I told him I enjoyed 'Bastard'. Was shocked when I saw the ending announcement on the penultimate chapter, but I still think it was wrapped up decently well. I've not read or watched a long running apocalyptic series to the end before, but I've always thought it'd be difficult to end one satisfactorily, so I don't want to be too critical. I thought it was fine.

The series overall was excellent. Thought Hyun was written extremely well, I think that was the best aspect of the story for me - seeing how much he grew throughout. Shocked to see him without a single 'favourite' on MAL, so I'll probably be the first once I've thought on it. I hope the number will grow.
FangAug 29, 2020 5:04 PM
Aug 29, 2020 5:13 PM

Oct 2019
I’ve read the epilogue as well and it’s rounded off a little better. Still doesn’t answer many questions leaving it to the readers to make up, I definitely prefer a firmer ending like bastard. Was an excellent story, a shame it had to end so soon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sweet Home Chapter 141 Discussion

waalex11 - Aug 31, 2020

31 by astoneon »»
Mar 12, 2:18 PM

» Should I have to read Shotgun boy before this?

Shaghaf - Oct 28, 2022

4 by TitanInsane »»
Dec 30, 2023 1:23 AM

» Live Action Season 02: Worth a Shot?

Barry_Allen_14 - Dec 7, 2023

3 by asdfkata »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:11 AM

» Netflix Adaption

removed-user - May 21, 2020

37 by p4ssionyoung »»
Aug 4, 2022 12:43 PM

» Thoughts on the new adaptation

zkl_ - Dec 18, 2020

11 by Raging_Berserker »»
Jul 17, 2022 4:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.