Forum Settings
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 19, 2020 6:11 AM

Aug 2020
I recently finished the manga. So I just wanted to hear other people’s opinion on it. Both the people reading it and finished it and maybe even people who might be interested are welcome, so everyone’s opinion is welcome🤗. I’ll be giving my opinion too☺️👍.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
DeadlyRavenSep 2, 2020 2:01 PM
Aug 19, 2020 6:19 AM

Feb 2018
Even though this discussion is late, yeah at least i've already finished this.

What I got from this manga, maybe

Sex
Read
Kiss
Read

Tbh, I really like this manga. It's a complicated love story and I like that ending.
Aug 19, 2020 6:49 AM

Aug 2020
To be honest I couldn’t quite stomach the ending. To be very honest the ending is kinda f*cked up. I felt that the 2 who were meant to be together felt guilty and responsible for the 3rd person’s condition. But the story and the build-up to the ending is something that drives your curiosity to know what happens in the end. But in the end I guess ‘ It was curiosity That killed the cat‘.😉
So to this day I’m looking for alternate endings written by people to make me feel satisfied with the ending. Overall an amazing read had a lot of fun reading too.😘
The_Wreck_DeReckAug 19, 2020 9:28 AM
Aug 20, 2020 3:43 AM

Oct 2013
I liked it a lot, it's one of my all-time favorites. Vol 28 also better fleshes out the ending a bit, although it still could've used some fine-tuning, but I'll take it.

It works thematically with the whole "I'll live for you" from Natsuo just like the "I'll devote my life to supporting Natsuo-kun" from Hina, both declared while the other was in the hospital and the "in so many ways, I've always loved you" > as their connection reached a point where it was more than just lovers, but more like at a soulmate level. It's also like, both Hina & Natsuo had to almost die in order to be together, which is like a recall to that chapter 14 double-suicide scene.

There's also the thing with the climax bringing the story full circle as the very photo that separated them early on ended up being the catalyst for bringing them back together.

For me, it was also interesting to see pregnancy card in romance not being a lock-down to one girl and co-parenting being handled well due to strong family bonds between the main cast + their parents ofc. Considering all the taboo/controversial elements in this story & it's very premise it should honestly not be too surprising if you think about it :) It's certainly not gonna be everyone's cup-of-tea though.

Aug 20, 2020 5:20 AM
May 2020
Well, to be honest this manga has been a ride. I loved it as a whole even if the ending was despised by many. The ending for me was the wildest as it could ever be, even if it could've been better than it was. Then again there was some issues about the mangaka's publishers causing the ending to be rushed. But it is what it is.
Aug 30, 2020 11:06 AM

Sep 2018
was a good ride, an awesome plot
however the ending is definitely unexpected, in a common sense; trash
Sep 2, 2020 2:02 PM

May 2009
Thread moved from Manga Discussion.
Sep 2, 2020 2:45 PM

May 2015
Story was great and immensely engrossing until the last 30-40 chapters, and the ending itself is especially awful.

Sep 2, 2020 2:49 PM

Aug 2018
A trashy series which was weirdly engrossing but has a really shitty ending
_______I like rocks__
Sep 3, 2020 1:03 AM

Aug 2020
Does anyone know a fan made ending for this manga with the Rui route. If so please do tell. I really want a satisfying ending to this dumpster fire. I just wanna feel happy. Right now there is a big hole in my heart.💔
Sep 22, 2020 10:43 AM

Oct 2013
Reminder that the mangaka herself said she'd have to redraw the story from around vol 6 in order to change the ending, so tough luck there. Rui, as a 3rd wheel early on then rebound later was always meant to lose :P The only time the romance meta favored her was with the pregnancy card, but Sasuga broke the meta there, lmao.

It's up to the reader to understand why Hina & Natsuo were this series' destined pairing & it's not that hard to tell when re-reading the series & looking at it in retrospective. There are like...so many pro Hina romance flags & red ones for Rui, in particular a lot of key events related to Natsuo's writing has Hina play a part. All his major stories involve her as his muse or supporting him.

She was also the main love interest in all of Sasuga's early drafts, while Rui doesn't even exist in two & was a side character in the other, lmao.

Sep 22, 2020 3:14 PM
Dec 2016
As an anime,it is very predictable that natsuo will end up with hina. It is a story of uncommon relationship between a teacher and a student,anyone can guess that. But after the breakup with hina, rui was given so much attention up until the end that you need a almost impossible logic for natsuo to choose hina over rui.(crush and in love are two different things,nisekoi manga had portrayed it most) And when rui became pregnant the game was over,you have to be a complete scumbag to abandon your own child. But the author rushed the plot and burned all the character developments there was.
[ I think when natsuos book domestic girlfriend will come out,his career will also come to an end. I mean, seriously, who the hell gonna read that shit . XD ]
Sep 25, 2020 12:48 PM

Oct 2013
ShayCormac said:
As an anime,it is very predictable that natsuo will end up with hina. It is a story of uncommon relationship between a teacher and a student,anyone can guess that. But after the breakup with hina, rui was given so much attention up until the end that you need a almost impossible logic for natsuo to choose hina over rui.(crush and in love are two different things,nisekoi manga had portrayed it most) And when rui became pregnant the game was over,you have to be a complete scumbag to abandon your own child. But the author rushed the plot and burned all the character developments there was.
[ I think when natsuos book domestic girlfriend will come out,his career will also come to an end. I mean, seriously, who the hell gonna read that shit . XD ]

But dude... it's like you're forgetting that after Hina returns home & puts on the "sister act", she ends up spending more & more time with Natsuo & once again ends up being more involved in his life as an author than his actual gf, Rui is, though, since she understands his dream the best given that from the very beginning they start falling for each other by talking about books & novels on the rooftop.

> From the very important & plot-moving stalker arc that leads to the release to his 1st book, where she provides material, and earlier nurses him in the hospital 24/7 while Rui's all about work. You have the "destiny talk" mention by the parents then where Rui felt like she got in the way.

> To Hina & Marie saving him from gangsters, leading to Hina literally moving in with him for a while.

> To stuff like hanging on to his manuscript symbolizing the dream he was gonna discard.

> To meeting his mentor asking for if there's a chance he'd write again(Rui never even met Togen, lmao).

> To offering both emotional (returning manuscript) & domestic support as he starts writing again when trying to complete Togen's book.

> And all the other stuff that happens in between. Various visits from Hina at his place, at his part-time job, firework festivals, shrine visits, some inn trip,etc.

> Then we enter the climax who's accident leads to revealing how deep her feels for him ran.

The fact that Rui had no part to play in any of his big stories, whether it's early on in the series or later, was always a huge red flag. Another is how throughout all the Hina parts & even when she's still on her island, Rui & Natsuo have an up & down relationship, as she constantly acts jealous & insecure and he's just always apologizing & not being as honest with her regarding some issues. They just don't click. But on the other hand, he openly shares his worries with Hina, since her personality is more similar to Jun, his deceased mother.

There was only one way this could end that'd fit the narrative, as the author stated herself in her tweet. The pregnancy was a massive bait indeed though, but co-parenting was handled well, but he has more than enough reasons to chose Hina, lol ~ she played too big of a role in his life + she's the ex that only broke up to protect his future which he only confirmed at the end, lol.

Sep 25, 2020 2:30 PM
Dec 2016
ManlyTear said:
ShayCormac said:

But dude... it's like you're forgetting that after Hina returns home & puts on the "sister act", she ends up spending more & more time with Natsuo & once again ends up being more involved in his life as an author than his actual gf, Rui is, though, since she understands his dream the best given that from the very beginning they start falling for each other by talking about books & novels on the rooftop.

> From the very important & plot-moving stalker arc that leads to the release to his 1st book, where she provides material, and earlier nurses him in the hospital 24/7 while Rui's all about work. You have the "destiny talk" mention by the parents then where Rui felt like she got in the way.

> To Hina & Marie saving him from gangsters, leading to Hina literally moving in with him for a while.

> To stuff like hanging on to his manuscript symbolizing the dream he was gonna discard.

> To meeting his mentor asking for if there's a chance he'd write again(Rui never even met Togen, lmao).

> To offering both emotional (returning manuscript) & domestic support as he starts writing again when trying to complete Togen's book.

> And all the other stuff that happens in between. Various visits from Hina at his place, at his part-time job, firework festivals, shrine visits, some inn trip,etc.

> Then we enter the climax who's accident leads to revealing how deep her feels for him ran.

The fact that Rui had no part to play in any of his big stories, whether it's early on in the series or later, was always a huge red flag. Another is how throughout all the Hina parts & even when she's still on her island, Rui & Natsuo have an up & down relationship, as she constantly acts jealous & insecure and he's just always apologizing & not being as honest with her regarding some issues. They just don't click. But on the other hand, he openly shares his worries with Hina, since her personality is more similar to Jun, his deceased mother.

There was only one way this could end that'd fit the narrative, as the author stated herself in her tweet. The pregnancy was a massive bait indeed though, but co-parenting was handled well, but he has more than enough reasons to chose Hina, lol ~ she played too big of a role in his life + she's the ex that only broke up to protect his future which he only confirmed at the end, lol.

Yes but from natsuos point of view : as an elder sister. Even after the breakup with rui while she was in usa, natsuo still loved her and tried to tell hina to never confess him (but at that time togen had to be sick for dramatic purpose and had to die for natsuo to write. [predictable lvl : LOL] ) And in the end what happened,rui understood how much hina loved natsuo(even though she knew this very well,so i don't understand what she understood),natsuo was like omg i didn't know(even though he had his doubt) and abandon his child without a thought creating a huge social mess and both of them destroyed what hina tried to protect and in the end hina accepting the marriage destroyed her final character development. So the overall conclusion was rui leaving the house with haruka and hina wondering if natsuo still loves her body.The author tried to outsmart the readers but in the end teared down the whole story.(Now that's lol)
Sep 25, 2020 3:37 PM

Jun 2020
I honestly enjoyed it but damn it was bad, pretty good art though.
Sep 26, 2020 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
ShayCormac said:

From Natsuos point of view : as an elder sister. Even after the breakup with Rui while she was in usa, natsuo still loved her and tried to tell hina to never confess him (but at that time togen had to be sick for dramatic purpose and had to die for natsuo to write. [predictable lvl : LOL] ) And in the end what happened,rui understood how much hina loved natsuo(even though she knew this very well,so i don't understand what she understood),natsuo was like omg i didn't know(even though he had his doubt) and abandon his child without a thought creating a huge social mess and both of them destroyed what hina tried to protect and in the end hina accepting the marriage destroyed her final character development. So the overall conclusion was rui leaving the house with haruka and hina wondering if natsuo still loves her body.The author tried to outsmart the readers but in the end teared down the whole story.(Now that's lol)

Bro...., "destroyed what Hina tried to protect.." , hell no. You're forgetting that deep down she always wanted to be with Natsuo, but is too overly considerate of others in order to make a move. Since Sasuga planned the Hina ending since around vol 6, she could've had Hina confess + show rings at an earlier point and have them together then, but that's not how she wanted to write her story. Reminder from ch 261, besides other parts spread throughout the story:

You're also forgetting a bunch of moments where Natsuo actively tries to suppress that spark he had for Hina, due to how she rejected him back on the island, and how she tells him she's nothing but a big sister and keeps lying to herself. The fact that he's with Rui and wants to remain loyal to her is further reason for him not to pry further. Reminder that you have stuff like this ever since she returns home:

And many, many other scenes like this, from ch 128 forward. He even says at the very end in ch 276.2 Days with Hina how "For a very long time, I've tried hard not to look at you that way, a.k.a. as more than just a sister.

The story also makes it a point several times for Hina to hang on to her feelings symbolized by those rings, which allow her to be with him during his times of need. It was always more than just sisterly love, regardless of how much she told herself otherwise. So at the end, she has no reason to not accept Natsuo's feelings since that's what she always wanted deep down.

Natsuo didn't know the extent of how deep Hina's feelings ran. He only heard it from Shuu, and those words were never confirmed by Hina back in the park scene in 246. Then he has Al tell him Rui still wears the necklace, but he doesn't know about the rings, then he finally has Kajita give him the final push towards Rui with the loss of taste & work bullying used as a catalyst. You could call that the "let's create Haruka" detour, lol. Natsuo & Hina still didn't have a proper confrontation yet about her feels at the time.

Me & a few others did some analysis of those parts a while ago on which leave a lot of readers rather confused. >>>Link here. <<< Re-reading ch 243-249 again to confirm is prob the best choice tho'.

Of course Natsuo wasn't over Rui either, their relationship being more recent + there was no guilt he'd have to face by getting together with her again, but digging up the stuff with Hina from way back would be involve him being hit with guilt in spades of not knowing all this time. He'd have to come to terms with the fact that his ex truly did have feelings for him & lied back on the island for his sake & while she was right there near him as they went through a bunch of stuff together & he not only never tried to figure it out but he tried to also look at her only as a sister. Also from 246:

Of course, Hina's also at fault for not saying anything. When Shuu asked her here in ch 257 whether she told Natsuo her feelings:

We know the answer's no, but Natsuo had to learn at some point, and so he did in ch 271 & 272 as Marie & Kiria spilled the beans for Hina, probably much better than she would've, lol. The accident also put him in a state of "You don't know what you have until you lose it" I suppose + there was also the reporter incident to add to it now so it hit him even harder. I'd assume that's what the author intention was.

But overall, the mangaka expects her readers to pay attention to all of that, which is why I say DomeKano is almost meant to be re-read, trying to pay attention to the things one hasn't before. Then everything clicks, although the ending could've used a few more chapters + have the stuff from vol 28 added in initially. Deadlines are a bitch.
ManlyTearSep 26, 2020 12:14 PM
Sep 26, 2020 12:52 PM

Nov 2012
It's just ridiculous how ManlyTear's defends this mediocre manga.... Really... Calm down already.
Sep 26, 2020 1:36 PM
Dec 2016
ManlyTear said:
ShayCormac said:

From Natsuos point of view : as an elder sister. Even after the breakup with Rui while she was in usa, natsuo still loved her and tried to tell hina to never confess him (but at that time togen had to be sick for dramatic purpose and had to die for natsuo to write. [predictable lvl : LOL] ) And in the end what happened,rui understood how much hina loved natsuo(even though she knew this very well,so i don't understand what she understood),natsuo was like omg i didn't know(even though he had his doubt) and abandon his child without a thought creating a huge social mess and both of them destroyed what hina tried to protect and in the end hina accepting the marriage destroyed her final character development. So the overall conclusion was rui leaving the house with haruka and hina wondering if natsuo still loves her body.The author tried to outsmart the readers but in the end teared down the whole story.(Now that's lol)

Bro...., "destroyed what Hina tried to protect.." , hell no. You're forgetting that deep down she always wanted to be with Natsuo, but is too overly considerate of others in order to make a move. Since Sasuga planned the Hina ending since around vol 6, she could've had Hina confess + show rings at an earlier point and have them together then, but that's not how she wanted to write her story. Reminder from ch 261, besides other parts spread throughout the story:

You're also forgetting a bunch of moments where Natsuo actively tries to suppress that spark he had for Hina, due to how she rejected him back on the island, and how she tells him she's nothing but a big sister and keeps lying to herself. The fact that he's with Rui and wants to remain loyal to her is further reason for him not to pry further. Reminder that you have stuff like this ever since she returns home:

And many, many other scenes like this, from ch 128 forward. He even says at the very end in ch 276.2 Days with Hina how "For a very long time, I've tried hard not to look at you that way, a.k.a. as more than just a sister.

The story also makes it a point several times for Hina to hang on to her feelings symbolized by those rings, which allow her to be with him during his times of need. It was always more than just sisterly love, regardless of how much she told herself otherwise. So at the end, she has no reason to not accept Natsuo's feelings since that's what she always wanted deep down.

Natsuo didn't know the extent of how deep Hina's feelings ran. He only heard it from Shuu, and those words were never confirmed by Hina back in the park scene in 246. Then he has Al tell him Rui still wears the necklace, but he doesn't know about the rings, then he finally has Kajita give him the final push towards Rui with the loss of taste & work bullying used as a catalyst. You could call that the "let's create Haruka" detour, lol. Natsuo & Hina still didn't have a proper confrontation yet about her feels at the time.

Me & a few others did some analysis of those parts a while ago on which leave a lot of readers rather confused. >>>Link here. <<< Re-reading ch 243-249 again to confirm is prob the best choice tho'.

Of course Natsuo wasn't over Rui either, their relationship being more recent + there was no guilt he'd have to face by getting together with her again, but digging up the stuff with Hina from way back would be involve him being hit with guilt in spades of not knowing all this time. He'd have to come to terms with the fact that his ex truly did have feelings for him & lied back on the island for his sake & while she was right there near him as they went through a bunch of stuff together & he not only never tried to figure it out but he tried to also look at her only as a sister. Also from 246:

Of course, Hina's also at fault for not saying anything. When Shuu asked her here in ch 257 whether she told Natsuo her feelings:

We know the answer's no, but Natsuo had to learn at some point, and so he did in ch 271 & 272 as Marie & Kiria spilled the beans for Hina, probably much better than she would've, lol. The accident also put him in a state of "You don't know what you have until you lose it" I suppose + there was also the reporter incident to add to it now so it hit him even harder. I'd assume that's what the author intention was.

But overall, the mangaka expects her readers to pay attention to all of that, which is why I say DomeKano is almost meant to be re-read, trying to pay attention to the things one hasn't before. Then everything clicks, although the ending could've used a few more chapters + have the stuff from vol 28 added in initially. Deadlines are a bitch.
Omg,your reply is too biggggg.Also calm down,I was just joking!!
Sep 26, 2020 1:42 PM

Oct 2013
Akagi-kun said:
It's just ridiculous how ManlyTear's defends this mediocre manga.... Really... Calm down already.

I'm just doing my part defending one of my favorite mangas against mostly baseless complaints from people who barely understood the story :)

I defended Seo Kouji's Kimi No Iru Machi & especially a certain ballsy, powerful yet controversial event in Fuuka against the readers who just don't get the narrative significance of it & call it objectively bad because of that, in other places as well.

"Calm down already" ~ lol, I'm free to do as a wish. What's it to you?
Sep 26, 2020 1:48 PM

Mar 2019
Akagi-kun said:

What's ridiculous is how haters keep coming back to the series to shitpost about it and hate on it for no reason. He just states the truth.
Sep 26, 2020 5:00 PM

Nov 2012
ManlyTear said:
Akagi-kun said:

What's it to you?

Honestly, I don't care. It's just that you constantly try to convince those who didn't like the ending that they didn't understand anything in this story looks strange. I'm not trying for example to prove to anyone that the manga is bad. But you are constantly trying to prove that the manga is good. And that it's the readers who don't understand anything. Let people judge for themselves. You don't need to influence them with your valuable opinion.
By the way, I don't even mind that Hina won, to be honest. I have already said this more than once. I just didn't really like the way it was written. And this is probably the only manga in which the ending looks strange to me. From all the manga I've read. But I'm not trying to prove to anyone that manga is bad anyway. Neither the author on Twitter, nor here.
Akagi-kunSep 26, 2020 5:14 PM
Sep 27, 2020 1:15 AM

Oct 2013
Akagi-kun said:

those who didn't like the ending that they didn't understand anything in this story.

I mean... considering that me & others had to remind people of canon events, character interactions with one another, etc, that's actually kind of true, which makes a lot of their complaints rather baseless. Many people most likely don't even get why Natsuo would want to be with Hina again & not stay with Rui since they could've taken care of Hina either way, or how exactly the former impacted his writing.

Don't even get me started on the twitter situation, lol. Sasuga said she'd have to rewrite "from around vol 6" when people kept bugging her about the ending after all.

But convincing isn't the main goal, that's merely a bonus side effect that may or may not happen(I'm betting on the later), as people believe what they want to anyway. It's addressing spread of misinformation on a public forum when people say "this doesn't make sense!, bla bla" with actual facts from the story itself.
Oct 11, 2020 9:06 PM
Oct 2020
I guess I really have no problem with Hina and Natsuo being together in the end if it’s really how it should have been. What really left a bitter taste in my mouth is the fact that Sasuga had to draw all those chapters with Natsuo showing his resolve to be with Rui and care for her and their child with that confession to their mother and such. And then, in a blink of an eye, things changed like none of it mattered at all whatsoever. Not even the child. So yeah. If only there was no such diversion and Rui somehow just end up being super successful in New York, not someone who’s unmarried with a child who’s father became the husband of her sister, then I wouldn’t be this salty about it. In the end, she was the one who had to make the ultimate sacrifice.
Oct 18, 2020 1:23 AM

Mar 2019
ObsessedPotato said:
I guess I really have no problem with Hina and Natsuo being together in the end if it’s really how it should have been. What really left a bitter taste in my mouth is the fact that Sasuga had to draw all those chapters with Natsuo showing his resolve to be with Rui and care for her and their child with that confession to their mother and such. And then, in a blink of an eye, things changed like none of it mattered at all whatsoever. Not even the child. So yeah. If only there was no such diversion and Rui somehow just end up being super successful in New York, not someone who’s unmarried with a child who’s father became the husband of her sister, then I wouldn’t be this salty about it. In the end, she was the one who had to make the ultimate sacrifice.

>"Sasuga had to draw all those chapters with Natsuo showing his resolve to be with Rui and care for her and their child with that confession to their mother and such. And then, in a blink of an eye, things changed like none of it mattered at all whatsoever."

His "resolve" to be with Rui was always pushed by external factors. Look at his first confession to her during the school festival. Al was ready to confess to Rui, and that's when Natsuo made a move on Rui. Because Al pressured him into doing it or else he would. Natsuo didn't want to be left alone, and so, took the easy way out, instead of waiting for a possible return home from Hina.
Let's look at his second confession. He's just talked to Hina, her feelings are unclear to him, but he's willing to "build it all up from the ground again". In comes chefboi, who tells him that Rui is in trouble, and that if Natsuo won't go to see her, then he will. Natsuo, pressured by chefboi, and risking losing Rui and risking a misunderstanding of Hina's feelings, goes for Rui.
Natsuo never got to properly assess the situation, he never got proper detail on what Hina felt for him, leading to him thinking that she didn't like him, or at least not as much as she actually did.
Rui was always a last minute choice, a last resort so that he wouldn't be left alone.
yes, I don't like Rui, but some objective reading will easily show that.
As for the whole "he had a child and left her" schtick, Haruka was accidental, sure, maybe down the line they may have wanted a kid, but at that moment, I highly doubt it.

>"And then, in a blink of an eye, things changed like none of it mattered at all whatsoever. Not even the child."

I guess that this is the big chokepoint for alot of people.
It's not that none of it mattered, it did, Rui kinda helped forge Natsuo's character. Not as much as Hina did, but she certainly played a part in it. But overall, Natsuo just realized that he loved Hina more, and that he couldn't supress those feelings anymore.
Natsuo never really let his feelings for Hina go, he just buried them and hoped they wouldn't come back.
I'm going back to the scene where he talks with Hina in the park because I think it really shows that his feelings are just buried, because he says that he's ready to re-build everything with her, implying that his feelings are still somewhat present, but he thinks that hers aren't so much.
As for Haruka "not mattering", I think that whether or not Natsuo and Rui are married doesn't matter. Especially in the context in which Haruka grew up.
Haruka spent the first 5-6 years of her life with her biological mom and dad, and got to see Hina while she was in her coma. I don't know if Haruka even knows that Hina, Rui and Natsuo are related, as she refers to her as "Hina-chan" and so do Natsuo and Rui (to be checked, but i'm sure that they don't call her Hina-nee).
Overall, people whining about Rui and Natsuo not being married clearly have never heard of divorce irl, which can be much uglier than what is shown in the ending, where everyone is happy.

>"In the end, she was the one who had to make the ultimate sacrifice."

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Rui never really had to sacrifice anything, because she had nothing TO sacrifice. Her relationship with Natsuo was built off of a rebound, emotional support after Hina left, and Rui did this knowing that both Hina and Natsuo still loved each other. Rui said it herself, that she felt like she "stole Natsuo away", and in a way, she did.
To me, she didn't "sacrifice" anything, she just gave up what wasn't her's to begin with.
The one who made the ultimate sacrifice was Hina, and from the beginning. Hina put her life on the line in every way imagineable. She gave into her feelings even though she knew the possible consequences, and when they got found out, she took the responsibility and went through the pain of disappearing for Natsuo's safety. She then had to watch her little sister steal him away, while she was working to keep her now ex-boyfriend's dream alive by any means necessary, even if it meant giving up 8 years of her life.
Nov 1, 2020 3:20 PM
Nov 2018
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Story was great and immensely engrossing until the last 30-40 chapters, and the ending itself is especially awful.

That's the thing. It's a fun ride but the author lost control somewhere in there. I would recommend the first 150ish chapters maybe.

I'll read her next work. She certainly creates fun stories. Just hope she can find a way to end well.
Nov 1, 2020 4:41 PM

Sep 2020
Good characters, good story, good fan services,

but the entire work was ruined by the rushed ending.

Will definitely support the author's next work, but I will continue to hate on this manga's ending.

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Nov 5, 2020 8:28 AM

Mar 2019
EnvyHenry said:
Good characters, good story, good fan services,

but the entire work was ruined by the rushed ending.

Will definitely support the author's next work, but I will continue to hate on this manga's ending.

If you hate on an entire series for it's ending, you might need to get help.
Grow up and accept it instead of continuing to hate on it.
Nov 5, 2020 2:20 PM

May 2015
The fanboys just don't give up huh? xD

Nov 5, 2020 2:37 PM

Mar 2019
TsukuyomiREKT said:

So i'm not allowed to defend a series that I love?
Nov 5, 2020 2:56 PM

May 2015
Clubby said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

The fact that you're still coming back to these threads months after the series has ended, just to shit on anyone who has an even slightly negative opinion, is sad. Just stop.

Nov 5, 2020 2:58 PM

Mar 2019
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Clubby said:

The fact that you're still coming back to these threads months after the series has ended, just to shit on anyone who has an even slightly negative opinion, is sad. Just stop.

And what are you doing here then? No one quoted you, no one mentionned you, yet you come here to shit on people who defend the series from baseless criticism.
Nov 5, 2020 3:08 PM

May 2015
Clubby said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

And what are you doing here then? No one quoted you, no one mentionned you, yet you come here to shit on people who defend the series from baseless criticism.

I just happened to see this on the Manga Series Discussion sidebar. You actively revist these threads to shit on people. Pretty big difference. Also, not all criticism is baseless. You just don't like hearing it.

Nov 5, 2020 3:11 PM

Mar 2019
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Clubby said:

I just happened to see this on the Manga Series Discussion sidebar. You actively revist these threads to shit on people. Pretty big difference. Also, not all criticism is baseless. You just don't like hearing it.

It's funny how you coincidentally see domekano threads all the time and decide to come back to it to shit on people who like the series. Why do you do it? If you don't like the series, isn't it time for you to move on? I revisit these threads to see if there's any baseless hate towards the series or the author, because as a passionate fan, I hate seeing baseless shit thrown at my favorite manga series.
Not all criticism is baseless, but most of the things brought up in these threads are, as well as most of the stuff said on the subreddit and on twitter.
Nov 5, 2020 3:18 PM

May 2015
Clubby said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

It's funny how you coincidentally see domekano threads all the time and decide to come back to it to shit on people who like the series. Why do you do it? If you don't like the series, isn't it time for you to move on? I revisit these threads to see if there's any baseless hate towards the series or the author, because as a passionate fan, I hate seeing baseless shit thrown at my favorite manga series.
Not all criticism is baseless, but most of the things brought up in these threads are, as well as most of the stuff said on the subreddit and on twitter.

The only people I shit on are people like you: fanboys with no life who can't accept that not everyone will like their favorite series. I have moved on btw. I don't talk or think about the series at all really. You should do the same. Do you plan on sticking around in these threads forever or something?

Nov 5, 2020 3:22 PM

Mar 2019
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Clubby said:

The only people I shit on are people like you: fanboys with no life who can't accept that not everyone will like their favorite series. I have moved on btw. I don't talk or think about the series at all really. You should do the same. Do you plan on sticking around in these threads forever or something?

I actually do have a life, but COVID and a second lockdown here in France means i'm spending more time than usual watching anime and on MAL.
If you have moved on, you wouldn't be here. The sight of a domekano thread in the manga discussion side bar wouldn't phase you but somehow it did.
Why should I not think or discuss my favorite manga series, there's alot to be discussed, especially with people reading the series for the first time.
I can accept and understand why people wouldn't like domekano, what I don't accept is people shit talking the series, when all they're doing is blatantly misunderstanding key elements of the story and acting like their version, the one they thought they were reading, was the real one.
There are people who dislike the series for genuine reasons, the ones who dislike it because "reeeeee bad ending ermergerd poor rui" are not those people.
Nov 5, 2020 3:27 PM

May 2015

Clubby said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

I actually do have a life, but COVID and a second lockdown here in France means i'm spending more time than usual watching anime and on MAL.
If you have moved on, you wouldn't be here. The sight of a domekano thread in the manga discussion side bar wouldn't phase you but somehow it did.
Why should I not think or discuss my favorite manga series, there's alot to be discussed, especially with people reading the series for the first time.
I can accept and understand why people wouldn't like domekano, what I don't accept is people shit talking the series, when all they're doing is blatantly misunderstanding key elements of the story and acting like their version, the one they thought they were reading, was the real one.
There are people who dislike the series for genuine reasons, the ones who dislike it because "reeeeee bad ending ermergerd poor rui" are not those people.

I've seen you argue with anyone with a negative opinion, even the reasonable ones, and telling them they just don't understand the story even when they clearly do, but ok. I'll just leave you to do that and ignore these threads from now on.

Nov 5, 2020 3:32 PM

Mar 2019
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Clubby said:

I've seen you argue with anyone with a negative opinion, even the reasonable ones, and telling them they just don't understand the story even when they clearly do, but ok. I'll just leave you to do that and ignore these threads from now on.

Most of the kids I do end up arguing with are the ones who just say "ermergerd this is so bad because rui didn't marry him after dating him for 200 chapters"
I say that because what they don't realise is that Rui and Natsuo's relationship was flawed from the beginning. Rui only managed to date him because Hina left, Rui picked up the pieces, and that was not a good start. Rui being the rebound meant that she would never have a future with him if Hina's feelings were to be known, and Rui knew that. Rui knew exactly how Hina felt, and what would happen if Natsuo found out, so she did her best to stop that from happenning. Breaking up with him in 216 but telling him that she still loves him is an example.
Natsuo gets backed into a corner by chefboi, and has to choose between a shot in the dark with Hina, or being sure of having a relationship with Rui, who he knows loves him.
What people don't understand is that Hina always had a deeper connection to Natsuo than Rui ever did, Rui said that she didn't care if Natsuo could write, while Hina held on to his dream, a dream that she was the catalyst behind. Natsuo built his life based off of what he felt for Hina, he was always going to be with her in the end, and that was painfully obvious.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 187 Discussion

Shikkakku - Jan 3, 2020

4 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 19, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 270 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Short_Circut - Apr 21, 2020

83 by Saijiroo »»
Mar 24, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 276 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Short_Circut - Jun 8, 2020

220 by Lord_Deathsuki »»
Mar 15, 12:23 PM

» For the sake of happiness...

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

3 by itzswxzy »»
Mar 13, 8:57 AM

» What I Think.......

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

4 by Kidzuna »»
Mar 13, 12:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.