Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 13, 2020 3:02 PM

Apr 2020
I think it's a stretch but I forgot to mention that Hikigaya eating a tomato because of Yuigahama is funny. But I can't help to think that it's a metaphor of how Yuigahama x Hikigaya would go.

Hikigaya doesn't like the tomatoes. He grimaces at it and think its disgusting. But Yuigahama offers it to him because it's good for him. He doesn't outright refuse but he consumes it anyway. Pretty disgusted but he doesn't gag. But in time, with decent exposure to it, maybe he would learn to love or appreciate tomatoes.

Now replace tomatoes with being a "normie".
Aug 13, 2020 3:20 PM
Apr 2019
Gonna rewatch this episode tomorrow, with fresh mind.
This season is basically suffering from lack of canon couple moments
Aug 13, 2020 3:21 PM

Jun 2017
What a bummer, I didn't expect Saki to already work for Yukino. At least Zaimokuza is fully on board with the plan. Anyway it seems Hachiman just wants to hand over the win to Yukino by creating a way worse prom plan and force the adults to choose? I can't see Yukino accepting that lol.
Aug 13, 2020 3:23 PM
Oct 2015
ToraiS said:
ShiroHachi said:

There's nothing like Yui keeps fighting, she's only in conflict with what she wants because she knows she can't have"everything", she doesn't put a fight because she's so busy trying to keep things stagnated that she doesn't have time to sort her feelings. Yuigahama Yui is a character who keeps stagnated and making selfish things cuz she can't put her up to choose between club, Yukino and Hachiman and keeps making lies for everyone and herself, she is just an unchanging obstacle who doesn't want keep moving on and yet obstructs the other two who wants to change things out of selfishness, you can see these conflicts and selfishness in this last monologue and monologue from ep 4. You see Yui saying one thing and doing another and this is shown everytime she says she wants change something but doesn't change, want end her relationship but doesn't end it and says she will not make any more wishes but yet keeps wishing. If you think Yui is suffering because of love you're wrong it's not only it and obviously love is not her most important feeling that she holds.
About Hachiman, he doesn't have feelings for her and he always refuses her advances just like he refused her 3 times during S1+S2 but he keeps making company out of "correctness" and "self awareness" and uses this to indulge in a "magical dream" of normality, because of his fear from losing the club that he thinks its the only thing that connects him and Yukino. Yui is a "normal" girl he uses her to say things is okay or get a excuse to himself to say things will not change even when things are about to be destroyed, his feelings are not towards Yui, and it never was and it's showed everytime in this show. And he knows since her first try to confess that she likes him but yet he doesn't try to be close to her to like her.

She lies. So what? It's not like Hikigaya and Yukinoshita doesn't lie too; they just do it in roundabout ways. So what if she's being selfish and wanting a fairytale ending? Is it wrong to entertain one's own desire, even though she wouldn't come out on top? She's been selfless most of the time, pretending not to notice Yukinoshita's feelings for Hikigaya. It just goes to show that she's human.

Hikigaya refused her twice in S1, yes. First because of their mutual misunderstanding and that Yui is giving him attention because of pity. Second, is that summer time "confession" where she was conveniently interrupted by a phone call. Hikigaya jumped on this because he knew he couldn't say no to a cute girl crying, lol. He doesn't "always" refuses her advances. The honey toast is the prime example of this. After that, there isn't any more instances where Yuigahama's advances are rejected. Even Hikigaya learned to pick up hints in which in the past he abhorred so much. Again, actively denying the change that Yuigahama brings to Hikigaya is dismissing like 1/3 of the show.

Saying Hikigaya not making Yukinoshita run for president because he likes the club and he doesn't want to lose interacting with her is technically true. But it's not the whole story, only 1/3 of it. A microcosm of my argument really. 1/3 of the reasoning is because of Yuigahama and another 1/3 of it is because he likes the club. His reasoning isn't specifically for Yukinoshita only.

the anime shows, mainly in this season, everytime 8man rejecting Yui feelings. Like episode 4, 2 weeks ago. Hachiman compares Yui's dream of becoming a bride to fake utensils in the kitchen. He might be able to live in it, but he felt that was not what he wanted, he felt it was not genuine. Well this monologue was skipped. I think Hachiman thinks of Yui as a comfort zone and an ideal replica, but in the end he just uses her to run away and compromises on what he wants. Hachiman appreciates his relationship with Yui and he doesn't want to hurt her, but I wouldn't call it romantic. Well this will all become clear at the end
Aug 13, 2020 3:23 PM
Apr 2019
Nainu_ said:
So, the reason of doing a prom is due to Hiratsuka-sensei leaving? I'm having a hard time believing it. But, if it is really the truth coming from Isshiki I might as well go for it.
I also don't believe Iroha is doing this 100% for sensei. But the last part was good, on how she would have preferred to not have any regrets even after giving up than just sitting doing nothing. I think she is aiming for something good, like a big title "the SC president who started Prom"
Aug 13, 2020 3:31 PM
Apr 2019
Most underrated part was Totsuka scene. General fans seem to take him for fanservice element, look at how he understood how much vague excuses Hachiman has been making. Totsuka asking 8man to be honest with them is one of the finest moments in this show, once 8man denied friendship's existence, now Totsuka just showed him how friends are made without even noticing.

Truly Hachiman is just like how Haruno has described him in the LN/Manga "You are a kid who thinks he is a bad kid.You think you are in wrong everytime "
Aug 13, 2020 3:44 PM
Oct 2015
NakolHira said:
Nainu_ said:
So, the reason of doing a prom is due to Hiratsuka-sensei leaving? I'm having a hard time believing it. But, if it is really the truth coming from Isshiki I might as well go for it.
I also don't believe Iroha is doing this 100% for sensei. But the last part was good, on how she would have preferred to not have any regrets even after giving up than just sitting doing nothing. I think she is aiming for something good, like a big title "the SC president who started Prom"

It was only one of the reasons, the main reason was that she wanted to hold a prom for her senpais, because they were her only friends. She doesn't have many friends, the girls in her class don't like her because of her seductive behavior with boys. She already explained in episode 2, if she can't hold a prom now, she will have a hard time making the prom next year because she has no experience and her senpais can't help her because of the exam. If the prom fails now, the PTO will definitely ban next year's prom as well
Aug 13, 2020 3:53 PM

Apr 2020
ShiroHachi said:
ToraiS said:

She lies. So what? It's not like Hikigaya and Yukinoshita doesn't lie too; they just do it in roundabout ways. So what if she's being selfish and wanting a fairytale ending? Is it wrong to entertain one's own desire, even though she wouldn't come out on top? She's been selfless most of the time, pretending not to notice Yukinoshita's feelings for Hikigaya. It just goes to show that she's human.

Hikigaya refused her twice in S1, yes. First because of their mutual misunderstanding and that Yui is giving him attention because of pity. Second, is that summer time "confession" where she was conveniently interrupted by a phone call. Hikigaya jumped on this because he knew he couldn't say no to a cute girl crying, lol. He doesn't "always" refuses her advances. The honey toast is the prime example of this. After that, there isn't any more instances where Yuigahama's advances are rejected. Even Hikigaya learned to pick up hints in which in the past he abhorred so much. Again, actively denying the change that Yuigahama brings to Hikigaya is dismissing like 1/3 of the show.

Saying Hikigaya not making Yukinoshita run for president because he likes the club and he doesn't want to lose interacting with her is technically true. But it's not the whole story, only 1/3 of it. A microcosm of my argument really. 1/3 of the reasoning is because of Yuigahama and another 1/3 of it is because he likes the club. His reasoning isn't specifically for Yukinoshita only.

the anime shows, mainly in this season, everytime 8man rejecting Yui feelings. Like episode 4, 2 weeks ago. Hachiman compares Yui's dream of becoming a bride to fake utensils in the kitchen. He might be able to live in it, but he felt that was not what he wanted, he felt it was not genuine. Well this monologue was skipped. I think Hachiman thinks of Yui as a comfort zone and an ideal replica, but in the end he just uses her to run away and compromises on what he wants. Hachiman appreciates his relationship with Yui and he doesn't want to hurt her, but I wouldn't call it romantic. Well this will all become clear at the end

You forgot the part where he says that Yui's dream of becoming a bride is painfully realistic and that he doesn't even believe it is a dream. He also ends his monologue saying he can't tell if the things around him were real or fakes -- but that it just seems to be.

That isn't even a rejection. He's just dubious at Yuigahama's advances as always.

Not to mention, it's a far cry of his mentality in the past. He wouldn't even consider it as something real. But now, he acknowledges that it does exist. Even if it's a fake or not.
Aug 13, 2020 4:18 PM
Oct 2015
ToraiS said:
ShiroHachi said:

You forgot the part where he says that Yui's dream of becoming a bride is painfully realistic and that he doesn't even believe it is a dream. He also ends his monologue saying he can't tell if the things around him were real or fakes -- but that it just seems to be.

That isn't even a rejection. He's just dubious at Yuigahama's advances as always.

How can you misunderstand this monologue? Facepalm
Of course he couldn't explain the difference, but he knew it was fake. He just couldn't turn his feelings into words and explain why they were fake.
Aug 13, 2020 4:22 PM
Mar 2015
Yui endures the pain ,trying not to cry even though she knows how the movie will end
Aug 13, 2020 4:25 PM
Apr 2020
ShiroHachi said:
SymphonyofPain said:
ah yess.. this episode is just like the final cry of a sinking Ship.

if next episode aint improving yukino relationship, barely anyone will accept yukinoxhachiman even if they support it long before.

yeah, it would be easier to accept if they didn't cut 50% of Yukino's romantic scenes in season 1 and Hikigaya's monologue in season 2 and 3

Did yukino have romantic scenes in season 1 ??
Aug 13, 2020 4:33 PM
Apr 2020
SymphonyofPain said:
ah yess.. this episode is just like the final cry of a sinking Ship.

if next episode aint improving yukino relationship, barely anyone will accept yukinoxhachiman even if they support it long before.

I will still support it but I agree like fuck me show us some romance between them enough of the prom bs.
Aug 13, 2020 4:35 PM
Aug 2020
civonad said:
ShiroHachi said:

yeah, it would be easier to accept if they didn't cut 50% of Yukino's romantic scenes in season 1 and Hikigaya's monologue in season 2 and 3

She started to have new emotions towards him since their first date in S1, they start to mutually love each other in trip back to hotel in S2 until they get in that scene they are cultivating feelings for each other. She have a many scenes that are butchered from S1, the school festival is focused on her but anime cut it
KamiKuroShiroAug 13, 2020 5:16 PM
Aug 13, 2020 4:35 PM
Apr 2020
NakolHira said:
Gonna rewatch this episode tomorrow, with fresh mind.
This season is basically suffering from lack of canon couple moments

Ugh I agree give us yukino hachiman moments i havent seen the LN but give us some romance and it better be that the romance is between the two mentioned above.
Aug 13, 2020 4:37 PM
Apr 2020
TBH i thought even though the whole prom thing is killing me of boredom this has been by far the best episode just due to prom not being talked about the whole fkn time and they actually had some convos here and there.

But for crying out loud man its 6 episodes into season 3, I WANNA SEE ROMANCE between Hachiman and Yukino please it's getting tedious why wont they just have some romantic moments.
Aug 13, 2020 4:45 PM
Apr 2020
KamiKuroShiro said:
civonad said:

She started to have new emotions towards him since their first date in S1, they start to mutually love each other in trip back to hotel in S2 until they get in that scene they are cultivating feelings for each other.

Was much of the romance from the light novel not put in season 1?
Aug 13, 2020 4:55 PM

Apr 2020
ShiroHachi said:
ToraiS said:

How can you misunderstand this monologue? Facepalm
Of course he couldn't explain the difference, but he knew it was fake. He just couldn't turn his feelings into words and explain why they were fake.

I can say that to you too. Doesn't change or prove anything.
Aug 13, 2020 4:58 PM
Aug 2020
ToraiS said:
ShiroHachi said:

Not to mention, it's a far cry of his mentality in the past. He wouldn't even consider it as something real. But now, he acknowledges that it does exist. Even if it's a fake or not.

Guy if you really read the novel, I guess it's better to read it again, it's pretty clearly he interprets Yui wish to becoming a wife as being some serious thing she wants but he clearly thinks that everything around him is fake, all forgeries and he can't see himself in that situation when he is with her. Hachiman knows Yui for about a year and she already tried to make several advances on him and yet he rejected all of them in his own way. you that seems to be a LNl reader but you should be aware of anime only scenes showing several times Hachiman denying Yui feelings. Hachiman doesn't have feelings for Yui, if it's the case he would not ignore and reject indirectly this for one year when he already know everything behind her actions, instead he deviates his eyes from the incoming truth that's the dissolution of the club and him losing his connection with Yukino using Yuigahama to thinks that everything is normal and there is nothing wrong, coincidentally it's the same problem which happened in S2 Student council arc.
It's better to put a end in this topic, this is getting derailed and ridiculous and this misleading "facts" that u are saying that are proven to be wrong several times in novel and will be the same in anime. This is not a thing to overcomplicate, this is stated several time in the series and it's not complex.
In other words, there is nothing like "Hachiman likes Yui", this is a false statment, this is only of a few things that the author makes clear, his love is not reciprocal for her even in the least way.
KamiKuroShiroAug 13, 2020 5:07 PM
Aug 13, 2020 5:06 PM

Jan 2014
My prediction was correct. I totally forgot to say it in the other episode discussion, but if the school wouldn't let them do a prom, just do an "anti-prom" prom. I'm not sure how many people here are familiar with the concept, but it's basically the same as prom in high school but it's not directly advertised by the high school. However, anti-proms usually still have some staff helping out to ensure their student's well-being. Since Soubu High is trying to replicate Western prom, this is is literally the best solution to fight against the call to cancel prom.

Iroha being a "loner" caught me by surprise. From the way she was represented and even elected as president for the student council, I thought she was at least around the same popularity as Yui maybe even more. Seems like her main reason for prom is literally to just send off all of her higher classmen friends. I think most of us got that vibe from the moment she said she wanted to do a prom.

Hachiman is still up to his old ways of making another option the better choice by giving a scapegoat, which is usually him. I love Hachiman's way of finding out what to do by asking Komachi who is more sociable than he is lol. Yui helping out Hachiman is perfect since it's still technically the Service Club BUT it does end up just hurting her more. She's just asking for a lie to continue since it's convenient for her at the time. I feel so sad for Yui. I was once put in a similar situation and sometimes the lie really is just more comforting than accepting the truth straight up. Yui just wants their relationship to end in a good note. She sees herself as the glue that keeps the three together and she's willing to sacrifice herself as long as they can stay together. Yui :(

I do like the character development we see in Hachiman. He's way more open to others now than how he was back in season 1. When people call him in his BS, he doesn't excuse his way out or attacks the person asking. He gives them a concrete answer for his actions. This is great character development.

FUN FACT: I just realized they split up this anime into each of their season's. Season 1 was Hachiman's, Season 2 was Yukino's, and Season 3 is Yuigahama's. I mean, obviously Hachiman is intertwined in all 3 but the seasons tend to focus more on some characters rather than the others.
Aug 13, 2020 5:10 PM
Aug 2020

zeron824 said:
FUN FACT: I just realized they split up this anime into each of their season's. Season 1 was Hachiman's, Season 2 was Yukino's, and Season 3 is Yuigahama's. I mean, obviously Hachiman is intertwined in all 3 but the seasons tend to focus more on some characters rather than the others.

Season 3 is not focused in Yui tho, this will be the same as S2, the beginning is neutral, the Second part is Yui and the Third part is Yukino.
Aug 13, 2020 5:11 PM

May 2015
ShiroHachi said:
HACHIXYUKI said:
Still wondering why people ship hachiman and yui...
Because they only care about their waifu and self-insert. They were like Yui, pretending they didn't see anything. Trying not to see that Hachiman has no feelings for her or Hachiman feelings and chemistry for Yukino. Trying not to see Yui's negative traits, such as she doesn't want to change, sometimes selfish, unstable about her actions, always lying, and she gives bad influence to Hachiman, like Yui always provides an excuse for Hachiman to run away from problems because Yui always acts everything is fine. This will be explained again in the next few episodes if they don't cut Hachiman's monologues again. I hope they can accept those facts

Or, maybe we just like her more? No need to get your panties in a twist.

Aug 13, 2020 5:12 PM
Oct 2015
civonad said:
ShiroHachi said:

yeah, there's a lot in volumes 1-6 of the novel. I just mentioned what I remember, they met at the exhibition and walked together with Komachi, Hachiman praised her beauty and got a tsundere reaction from Yukino, Hachiman gave Yukino a Pan-san doll and Yukino was happy to receive it, Hachiman praised Yukino's smile, more sincere and beautiful than Haruno. Hachiman and Yukino on the rollercoster during the culture festival where they were holding hands because Yukino was scared at that time. They walked together at a cultural festival to monitor, Yukino was embarrassed because there would be rumors because they were together at that time, Yukino who flushed after being praised by Hachiman about her singing on the stage, etc.
Aug 13, 2020 5:25 PM

Apr 2020
KamiKuroShiro said:
ToraiS said:

Guy if you really read the novel, I guess it's better to read it again, it's pretty clearly he interprets Yui wish to becoming a wife as being some serious thing she wants but he clearly thinks that everything around him is fake, all forgeries and he can't see himself in that situation when he is with her. Hachiman knows Yui for about a year and she already tried to make several advances on him and yet he rejected all of them in his own way. you that seems to be a LNl reader but you should be aware of anime only scenes showing several times Hachiman denying Yui feelings. Hachiman doesn't have feelings for Yui, if it's the case he would not ignore and reject indirectly this for one year when he already know everything behind her actions, instead he deviates his eyes from the incoming truth that's the dissolution of the club and him losing his connection with Yukino using Yuigahama to thinks that everything is normal and there is nothing wrong, coincidentally it's the same problem which happened in S2 Student council arc.
It's better to put a end in this topic, this is getting derailed and ridiculous and this misleading "facts" that u are saying that are proven to be wrong several times in novel and will be the same in anime. This is not a thing to overcomplicate, this is stated several time in the series and it's not complex.
In other words, there is nothing like "Hachiman likes Yui" this is a false statment, this is only of a few things that the author makes clear

Bruh, if we were to account anything after the genuine scene up till now, there is no concrete and firm rejection to Yuigahama's advances. Never does he say "Please stop this." or any of the sort using words or in his mind when Yuigahama makes her advances. It's more common to read about him saying if he were a weak-minded person or if he were not the person he is right now, he'd get the "wrong idea" on what Yuigahama is doing. Which is akin to dissociating maybe due to his past trauma with girls like her type.

If Hikigaya wasn't an ever-changing person, if he were the same Hikigaya as the "I hate nice girls." Hikigaya, then I would believe that he has no feelings for Yuigahama. But seeing as how he's not even evasive to being alone in a net cafe with Yuigahama, in contrast to how evasive he was to go on a summer festival date with Yuigahama in S1, then I beg to differ.
Aug 13, 2020 6:08 PM

Jul 2020
You know for a fact that a character is well-written when we as the audience feel empathetic for her in times of suffering or emotional scenes. This is what I see in Yui. Having experience unrequited love in real life made this episode heart-wrenching to watch.

Her monologues are pure gold. It's as if her emotions is resonating to us audience perfectly.

Well, as LN reader I understand why people have a hard time thinking how 8man and Yukino is a thing. They skipped a lot of "romance" from the first 6 volumes.

But yeah if this anime continues to be this faithful to the source material I think at the end of the series people will understand the whole point and "why" Yukino.
krukroooAug 13, 2020 6:52 PM

I accept random friend requests!
Aug 13, 2020 6:13 PM

Oct 2017
5/5 episode and Yui's monologue be having me in my feels ;-;

3 episodes in a row and all have ended with a Yui monologue, pretty sad T^T
Aug 13, 2020 6:29 PM

Apr 2019
In theory, Hachiman's plan should work, but you never know what might happen in an anime.

Ya can't help but feel bad for Yui here, ya just can't. It's really sucks knowing that there is nothing you can do to change how something will end, and I think it sucks more to watch someone else go through that. I'm just hoping that all three of them will still be friends by the end of this, cause it would really suck to see everything that has been built up come tumbling down.

Aug 13, 2020 6:46 PM

Oct 2016
I think 8man's plan is pretty good, it's easier to decide on things when given choices on what to do. And I'm Yukino gang but, that episode still hurt like a motherfucker especially that ending scene.

This is definitely where the ship has completely and utterly sunk. Now I hope from here on out the show will focus on growing Hachiman and Yukino's relationship more.
Aug 13, 2020 6:58 PM

Apr 2010
Hikki_a1 said:
5/5 episode and Yui's monologue be having me in my feels ;-;

3 episodes in a row and all have ended with a Yui monologue, pretty sad T^T

Last ep ended with a Iroha monologue, Yui didn't even appear.
Aug 13, 2020 7:25 PM

Nov 2011
Totsuka wanting to know why Hikki wanted their help was a big step forward with Totsuka's development. Especially with the Group. Also I am LOVING the fact that Saki is more involved. They definitly fucked up not getting her more involved in Season 2 (even season 1 but I digress) and even Zaimokuza being involved was really cool.

Yui. God damn. I love Yukino and I ship the shit out of her and Hikigaya but Yui is making me feel so bad for her. However her motives are all over the place. Does she want to be with Hikki or does she want to save the club? I am leaning more towards club now because she knows Yukino will win in the end.

Great episode. Honestly Season 3 is out shining season 1 at this point and fast approaching surpassing season 2. In my opinion.

Final Thing Gahama-mama and that Swim suit. Holy shit.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 13, 2020 7:45 PM

Jun 2020
Very good today's episode, poor Yui xD, she will just have to accept the reality of Hachiman and Yukinon.
Aug 13, 2020 8:06 PM

Jan 2016
Marinate1016 said:
Sometimes I just feel like I’m not but brained enough for this anime. I come online and see so many people writing theses on Reddit, MAL, etc about the social psychology of the series and the codependencies... and here I am just thinking Yui is pretty and wishing I could find one in real life.

Pain.
i feel you my man,some of the stuff in this series really complicated for me but nonetheless i move onto the next scene and still enjoy it
Aug 13, 2020 8:07 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
As every episode just continues my heart is crumbling. Big highlight towards the end where she pretends to fall asleep on 8man's shoulder. Yui has always been a favorite of mine, but her admitting defeat hurts to watch. You can definitely feel the classic pacing of SNAFU going towards a big climax, so many plots to cover with single digit episodes left as well; its going to be fun and sad watching it all close out.
Aug 13, 2020 8:23 PM
Jul 2020
Please, I'd like to share all my happiness to Yuigahama PLEASE I LOVE HER SHE DESERVES ALL THE HAPPINESS. END.THIS.PAIN.
Aug 13, 2020 8:30 PM

Jul 2019
This ep had me crying for some ten minutes :(

Yui and Hachiman look like a married couple when together

The ending was great and heartbreaking
Aug 13, 2020 8:50 PM

Apr 2019
Noooo! I can't keep watching Yui suffering like this. That last scene was really sad, like fighting for something you'll never get no matter what you do. In the end we all know that Yui is gonna lose the battle, as sad as that sounds, specially for us who like her the most
Aug 13, 2020 9:14 PM

Dec 2010
Gahamama is undoubtedly the best part of the episode hahaha

Then Irohasu's parts of course
Aug 13, 2020 9:25 PM

Aug 2019
brooo they can't keep getting away with ittt, ma heart D: they are really making me feel emotions for Yui these past few episode, the repetition of her knowing she's never going to get her own ending but continues to hurt herself by not speaking her emotions and just continuing to move forward, ignoring herself feels like a massive snowball effect and i do not want to know what's at the end or god help me so.

Iroha's talk was interesting, i respect her reasoning for wanting to do the whole prom idea, last goodbyes to everyone and that. Damn wish my year got to go through with a prom, to bad it was shafted cus of covid and bad timing, eh oh well.

This episode was pretty heavy with the Yui content as well, naturally she volunteers to help Hachiman but her lack of understanding to certain big words and aspects of his plans were absolutely adorable. Ngl was kinda with Yui with this one, i didn't fully understand what he said, but got the gist, but i know Hachiman's smart so he'll make it work xD But after, i did feel like she put on a parental-ish figure with lecturing Hachiman to eat his greens and to not be picky, and her little cute stare down of him eating got me pretty good in the heart i can't lie there.
Ahhhhh, but that ending hurt, the scenario, the tears and her monologue, damn they git me good . God it's hard to see Yui drag herself through that much pain though, i understand she knows she has little to not chance but honestly, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Next episode seems good, things are finally gonna be kicked into action with Hachiman going to the big student counsel building again from s2 and maybe also a bit more Yukino??
Aug 13, 2020 10:51 PM
Jan 2016
Shit, man, this is too depressing and sad...even though there were Totsuka and Zaimokuza, still really sad...I really can't watch Yui like this, man...in second season Hachiman said that he didn't want an ideal replica, what he wants is a genuine one, yeah a genuine one, so why are you lying and hurt youraelf, Yui, is it necessary?
Aug 13, 2020 10:54 PM

Oct 2008
it hurts being Yui oh man!
that fake sleep Yui on Hachiman he gotta treasure that moment!
5/5.

Aug 13, 2020 11:45 PM
Apr 2019
Though the plot of the anime is still slow at this episode, nevertheless it gives a nostalgic vibes to me at least since Zaimokuza appears in this episode. That guy really gives a happy vibes during Season 1, before the fire na— oops I mean the "genuine" problem that the plot tries to resolve.

Damn, even though I'm a big #TeamYukino, but still those monologue of Yui in the end is heartbreaking. She deserves other guys to make her happy.
Aug 14, 2020 12:51 AM
Jun 2020
civonad said:
ShiroHachi said:

Yep, yukino and Hachiman has the most romantic scenes in the series, but nobody will see that, because they always nerf Yukino, how Yukino still comes on top is a wonder.
Aug 14, 2020 12:54 AM
Jun 2020
sabishiihito said:
SkyLETV said:
Another week, another episode of being Yui is suffering.

"Doing stuff like this changes nothing, because the ending is already set in stone". And I wish it weren't so, I wish it wouldn't go to the obvious ending. I love this show, and I'm loving this season, but it's been pure suffering for Yui :'(

Nice to see Gahamama and her amazing genetics, though.

This face is pure love <3. Yui best girl!

Can't say I ever remember Yukino looking at 8man like that, but somehow she's "best" girl?
Yep, its a wonder, but what can you do when 50% of her interactions have been cut from the series, and almost evry yui and iroha scenes have been. This is the exact thing anime watchers will think. It sucks to be honest, she's easily best girl, but nope, nerfed Yukino to oblivion.
Aug 14, 2020 12:56 AM
Jun 2020
ToraiS said:
ShiroHachi said:
Because they only care about their waifu and self-insert. They were like Yui, pretending they didn't see anything. Trying not to see that Hachiman has no feelings for her or Hachiman feelings and chemistry for Yukino. Trying not to see Yui's negative traits, such as she doesn't want to change, sometimes selfish, unstable about her actions, always lying, and she gives bad influence to Hachiman, like Yui always provides an excuse for Hachiman to run away from problems because Yui always acts everything is fine. This will be explained again in the next few episodes if they don't cut Hachiman's monologues again. I hope they can accept those facts

People like me love Yuigahama because she's just a high school girl in love. Yukinoshita is a force of nature, she is a rare top 1% that has it all, be it looks, brains and money; every girl realistically cannot be her. But even despite the overwhelming odds, Yuigahama continues her fight. It's the beauty of the underdog that keeps people hoping, that even if her best efforts are moot when it comes to Yukinoshita, she undoubtedly shines brightly as she falls -- just like a shooting star.

And saying Hikigaya doesn't have feelings for Yuigahama is absolutely bonkers of a statement. The show is the way it is right now because Hikigaya harbors feelings for Yuigahama too. If he doesn't have feelings for her, then why did he accept a lot of Yuigahama's advances then? Why does he take account Yuigahama when he makes a decision? You can't dismiss 1/3 of the show like that.
Well, since anime can't adpat every monologue, Hachiman was being very considerate, he doesn't say anything, because he's dancing around the issue.
Aug 14, 2020 1:03 AM
Jun 2020
civonad said:
KamiKuroShiro said:

She started to have new emotions towards him since their first date in S1, they start to mutually love each other in trip back to hotel in S2 until they get in that scene they are cultivating feelings for each other.

Nope, 50% of Hachiman Yukino interactions were cut, almost all yui scenes were adapted in s1, in season 2, they tried to show yukino scenes through flashbacks, but most were in season 1, in season 2, all yui and iroha scenes were adapted some Yukino left out. And looks like s3 will be same, Yukino just can't catch a break, the LN Yukino is easily best girl by a milestone
Aug 14, 2020 1:06 AM
Jun 2020
TsukuyomiREKT said:
ShiroHachi said:

Not a surprise since they adpated all her scenes, and left out 50% of yukino scenes, even iroha scenes got all adapted, its sad, LN Yukino is best girl, nobody even comes close.
Aug 14, 2020 1:09 AM
Jul 2020
ToraiS said:
ShiroHachi said:

People like me love Yuigahama because she's just a high school girl in love. Yukinoshita is a force of nature, she is a rare top 1% that has it all, be it looks, brains and money; every girl realistically cannot be her. But even despite the overwhelming odds, Yuigahama continues her fight. It's the beauty of the underdog that keeps people hoping, that even if her best efforts are moot when it comes to Yukinoshita, she undoubtedly shines brightly as she falls -- just like a shooting star.

And saying Hikigaya doesn't have feelings for Yuigahama is absolutely bonkers of a statement. The show is the way it is right now because Hikigaya harbors feelings for Yuigahama too. If he doesn't have feelings for her, then why did he accept a lot of Yuigahama's advances then? Why does he take account Yuigahama when he makes a decision? You can't dismiss 1/3 of the show like that.

Bruh hachiman only thinks of yui as a friend(or accomplice as stated in the ln) not a lover... The show is the way it is bcz of their friendship not bcz he harbors feelings for trashgahama. Hachiman has only one girl in his mind this is heavily emphasised in the light novel. The trio fears that their friendship will be broken if their relationship progress in a romantic sense any further. Thus in season 2 ep 13 yui suggests a ceasefire with yukino asking her to stop pursuing hachiman. hachiman is against this bcz he wants something genuine not some superficial friendship like hayamas clique. Yui has been rejected already since season 1 man why make it more complicated than it already is ... HACHIMAN THINKS OF YUI SIMPLY AS A FRIEND NOT A LOVER
I want something genuine....
Aug 14, 2020 1:10 AM
Jul 2020
A_G_N said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Not a surprise since they adpated all her scenes, and left out 50% of yukino scenes, even iroha scenes got all adapted, its sad, LN Yukino is best girl, nobody even comes close.

Ikr fck these anime onlys
Aug 14, 2020 1:11 AM
Jul 2020
A_G_N said:
civonad said:

Nope, 50% of Hachiman Yukino interactions were cut, almost all yui scenes were adapted in s1, in season 2, they tried to show yukino scenes through flashbacks, but most were in season 1, in season 2, all yui and iroha scenes were adapted some Yukino left out. And looks like s3 will be same, Yukino just can't catch a break, the LN Yukino is easily best girl by a milestone

finally someone who understands
Aug 14, 2020 1:13 AM
Jul 2020
ShiroHachi said:
cchigu said:

A complete monologue of hers was absent, if you want to read:

Yui's complete monolouge at the end of the episode, not much details were left out tbh:

Oh yeah they cut Yui's monologue where she said she was a sly disgusting person, I'm curious about anime only reaction seeing it animated, what a shame

The anime gives the other girls a chance when yukino is best girl smh
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

488 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

» Does the light novel continues from where season 3 ends

Alfee_51 - Jul 22, 2021

20 by Tobitwo »»
Mar 30, 12:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.