Forum Settings
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2020 6:14 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
On the last afterword, the writer warned this was going to be a more light volume, that the story would not progress, that would be for vol13, but I will disagree, I had very mixed feelings with vol8, coming to extremely dislike certain parts, it was a chore... this is how you do it!
I don't mind more volumes from now on, like this, not focusing as much on the story, but still being this gripping and enjoyable to read, more dungeon exploring, and Bell's level up to 4th was the right choice.

We arguably had some more dungeon exploring with 9-11, but not like this, it really sold me the Water Capital, really want to see it adapted, just felt like a dangerous yet magical place, a new world inside the dungeon, full of charm and mysteries to uncover.

Also Mari, another Xenos, such a cheerful creature, and good addiction, just put me in a happy mood to read her interactions with Bell, and when he carried her like a princess, priceless!
IMO, if there are water bodies on the middle and upper levels, it was just distasteful to leave such a cute and friendly mermaid there, alone, waiting for the rest of the group to come down again, they can just carry her like that after all. xD

Really want to see more of this "world" in the future, which I m already getting with vol13, yuppie!!!
The change in behavior of the monsters, the change of the environment which brought along new rules and precautions was really refreshing, plus water monsters hiding in the dark and deep waters, ready to pounce is something that always gets me flustered for sure, you just never know what his lurking that they in that deep blue, waiting to get a taste on you.

Mixed feelings about the enemy of this volume, just felt too cheap at times, too convenient, first time ever happening such an extreme case.
That huge moss is probably already in the path to be a Xenos, more than I would have liked, that, or they start to give these creeps a different denomination altogether.
Bell's growth and becoming more and more a leader and pillar to the party was great to see.

In the end, not as moving or gripping as 9-11, but definitely a great read nonetheless, aside that weirdo enemy, and once again, I just jumped straight to vol.13 upon reading this. :)
Apr 21, 2021 11:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reading real growth and progression from Bell here which is pretty neat. And for once we get a proper Dungeon quest mission, it was about time too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 18 Discussion

NaughtySempai - Apr 3, 2023

2 by skyhei1995 »»
Apr 20, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka Volume 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Sep 1, 2014

3 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 22, 8:28 AM

» How many more volumes?

RealityChanges - Aug 13, 2023

1 by majin_mark505 »»
Aug 13, 2023 9:37 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 17 Discussion

Syureria - Jul 7, 2021

2 by NaughtySempai »»
Mar 15, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 16 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Sep 15, 2021

1 by Playcool »»
Aug 17, 2022 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.