Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2020 5:44 AM
Jan 2013
I don’t think he will. It looks like he lost interest.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 7, 2020 6:48 AM

May 2017
I personally believe he's going to keep his word when he said he's going to finish the series. I just hope it doesn't end like Yu Yu Hakusho
Aug 7, 2020 7:06 AM

Aug 2019
even if he dies his wife will just continue it and she's just as good
Aug 7, 2020 9:09 AM

Jun 2020
He will either die before finishing it or give it a rushed ending. As manga is nowhere near end as he stated he wants to do a couple more arcs, but hes getting old now and his health problems seem to be worsening. I can only see him finishing this current arc at most.
Aug 7, 2020 9:43 AM

Aug 2020
It's been almost two years since he dropped his last volume. But I still believe Togashi will complete it but not in the near future.
Aug 7, 2020 11:43 AM
Dec 2019
I'm argentinian, collecting manga and watching the most anime I can... Yesterday, I heard that a publisher is going to edit this manga... The question is: should I start buying HunterXHunter?
Aug 25, 2020 4:48 AM

Aug 2020
taxidriverviber said:
He will either die before finishing it or give it a rushed ending. As manga is nowhere near end as he stated he wants to do a couple more arcs, but hes getting old now and his health problems seem to be worsening. I can only see him finishing this current arc at most.

Damn that's really sad.
私は禁止されています、これは偽のアカウントです
Aug 25, 2020 9:28 AM

Aug 2016
Probably not..

Look.. I am a huge Hunter X Hunter fan. It is probably my favorite anime, but I gotta be real about the situation and Togashi in general..

People are always defending Togashi and saying things like we should be thankful for whatever we get and shit.. and please be understanding of his health issues. I am no longer playing that game. Togashi isn't some god that we need to worship and be thankful for him finishing a series that he has promised on numerous occasions that he would. I've also heard all I'm going to about "muh back" from the Togashi apologists.. No it is not reasonable for him to constantly put out like 10 scraps of a chapters a year because of 'back issues'. He is too stubborn to just outline the future arcs and allow his assistants to draw the panels.. Yes he might have some health issues but those decisions are holding the series in hiatus. That is on him.

He also never updates the situation with interviews explaining the status of the series or what is going on. It is very rare he does so.. because truthfully he doesn't give a shit. People also will say well we should be patient.. and you wouldn't like it if he rushed and put out low quality stuff. Yeah.. I don't think it takes an entire year to put out quality chapters. In fact he was chained to his desk and was putting out chapters every week with Yu Yu Hakusho and that series was great..

It's pretty much over for HxH fans. It's sad but true. Might as well take the conversation at the world tree as the ending and move on.
Aug 25, 2020 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Probably not, which is a shame, since it's one of my favourite animes. If he ever picks it up again then season 2 would be a banger. It's kind of sad, so many people love his manga and want it to continue, but he's stopped giving it the love it deserves.
Aug 25, 2020 10:28 AM

Aug 2015
JFuji said:
Probably not..

Look.. I am a huge Hunter X Hunter fan. It is probably my favorite anime, but I gotta be real about the situation and Togashi in general..

People are always defending Togashi and saying things like we should be thankful for whatever we get and shit.. and please be understanding of his health issues. I am no longer playing that game. Togashi isn't some god that we need to worship and be thankful for him finishing a series that he has promised on numerous occasions that he would. I've also heard all I'm going to about "muh back" from the Togashi apologists.. No it is not reasonable for him to constantly put out like 10 scraps of a chapters a year because of 'back issues'. He is too stubborn to just outline the future arcs and allow his assistants to draw the panels.. Yes he might have some health issues but those decisions are holding the series in hiatus. That is on him.

He also never updates the situation with interviews explaining the status of the series or what is going on. It is very rare he does so.. because truthfully he doesn't give a shit. People also will say well we should be patient.. and you wouldn't like it if he rushed and put out low quality stuff. Yeah.. I don't think it takes an entire year to put out quality chapters. In fact he was chained to his desk and was putting out chapters every week with Yu Yu Hakusho and that series was great..

It's pretty much over for HxH fans. It's sad but true. Might as well take the conversation at the world tree as the ending and move on.

You pretty much summed up exactly how I feel about Hunter x Hunter now. This is why I refuse to read or buy the manga at this point. I'm not gonna buy work that will never be finished. The 2011 anime honestly has a perfect stopping point and I would stick to watching that and 1999. It's not worth reading the manga when none of the potential is gonna get utilized.

So no, he'll never finish it. Unlike something like Berserk, I can't see an ending anytime soon with HxH. Especially with Togashi's fucking horrible pacing.

Aug 26, 2020 8:50 AM
Jul 2008
Loknir said:
JFuji said:
Probably not..

You pretty much summed up exactly how I feel about Hunter x Hunter now. This is why I refuse to read or buy the manga at this point. I'm not gonna buy work that will never be finished. The 2011 anime honestly has a perfect stopping point and I would stick to watching that and 1999. It's not worth reading the manga when none of the potential is gonna get utilized.

So no, he'll never finish it. Unlike something like Berserk, I can't see an ending anytime soon with HxH. Especially with Togashi's fucking horrible pacing.

I'm continuing the trend here and says that JFuji summed it all up very wel for me as welll. Humble but realistic.
Check out my YouTube channel, all about retro and smaller games:

https://www.youtube.com/c/Teedyan
Aug 26, 2020 9:17 AM

Aug 2016
And the thing is.. I understand Togashi's position.

He went through some harsh working conditions with his previous creations and wants to enjoy his life now. He doesn't need the money and doesn't need to work a day in his life. Hunter X Hunter is his creation and he knows many people view it as a masterpiece. He wants to take his time with it and leave behind something truly special when it's all said and done. In his mind this requires that he does majority of the drawings as well. The problem is that he has stated he wants to do multiple future arcs.. At this current rate it will never get done. Nobody would be mad if we got a scheduled single chapter once a month or even every other month.

It is true that he doesn't owe anybody anything, but at the same time.. keeping the status in limbo with no updates is a massive middle finger to the fans.
Aug 26, 2020 4:46 PM
Jul 2020
Who needs Hunter x Hunter when you have Berserk?
Aug 26, 2020 5:57 PM

Sep 2018
JFuji said:
Probably not..

Its quite possible that he just has writers block and is ashamed of admitting it. Lets be real no one wants to be in his shoes. The expectations for him to write anything as good as the chimera ant arc are probably crippling him.
At the end of the day HXH is his story and he can do whatever he wants with it.
Sep 1, 2020 1:43 AM
Jul 2019
i believe he is waiting for oda to finish one piece so he can solo shonen jump
Sep 1, 2020 6:02 AM

Feb 2019
He needs to hear some whining from gintoki

This was like 11 years ago the situation still hasn't changed lmao. HxH fans are gonna suffer same fate as berserk fans.
Sep 1, 2020 8:29 AM
May 2020
I think the author lost interest in continuing!
Sep 5, 2020 5:49 AM

Aug 2017
it's seeming less and less likely... i just wish he swallowed his pride and let his wife take over drawing, i hear she's as good. a guy just wants to seee what the future of the series looks like...
Sep 5, 2020 1:13 PM
Jun 2020
Probably not, but look on the bright side of things - at least we've seen alot of the story. Imagine if it was still in the early stage... THAT would have really been truly painful.
Sep 5, 2020 8:44 PM

Sep 2014
No and he should just stop pretending he can write anything good, or pretending he can write at all, or draw... The world is already saturated with garbage.
Sep 6, 2020 3:39 AM

Jul 2012
I just reread the succession contest arc, and man, that is some genius-level writing, it's really a shame if he didn't continue them.

On the other hand, I'm also with the people who thinks Togashi has lost interest in continuing. If I were him, I wouldn't need to continue any longer since I have all the money till I die. What's making Oda keep working despite all the profit he has is his passion towards the series, which I can't say the same for Togashi. He could've easily write storyboards and let others draw for him.

But here's the thing. I, too, am an artist who creates comic every now and then. I get that having other drawing for you is really efficient, but more often than not, the result is less satisfying than our own work. But since he's already unable to work, what choices do he has? It's either having someone help him or just leave the series incomplete. Maybe he's too stubborn for the first option, or maybe he tried but noone can satisfy him.

In summary, yes, I've lost all hope for Hunter x Hunter to finish.
Sep 6, 2020 6:54 AM

Mar 2020
I heard he's in the hospital, I don't know much about it though. Honestly I don't know but I do know if he releases a second season of the anime it will be the greatest anime of the year.
Sep 6, 2020 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
Never ever.......

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Oct 13, 2020 8:36 AM

Jun 2008
taxidriverviber said:

His 54 not 84. His drawing not digging in mines and there are people digging in mines at 54.
Oct 27, 2020 9:59 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Hiatus x Hiatus is never gonna end. A series that isn't finished after 10 years is pretty much hot garbage at this point.

I wouldn't waste my time picking the series up to read if the creator himself lost interest. A bad series with an ending is better than an unfinished series.
Feb 4, 2021 5:31 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Zlyiond said:
Who needs Hunter x Hunter when you have Berserk?
Me. Berserk doesn't do shit for me nowadays, Miura is writing a story for an RPG rather than a manga ever since the GA arc ended.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 4, 2021 6:18 PM

Dec 2016
Gon found his dad so it already ended to me.
Feb 8, 2021 7:22 AM
Jun 2016
I'm usually an optimist but sadly I think it's time to accept that no, it'll never finish.

Togashi is 54 years old now, and he's already approaching a 2.5 year hiatus.

Even if he comes back, for the past near decade, he has only done an average rate of 10 chapters a year. As he gets older and his physical problems escalate, I'm not sure he can keep up with this rate, but let's assume he can.

Succession War has just reached the start of something big, after around 40 chapters of buildup. I expect atleast another 40 to the resolution, but realistically it can be even more than that. I think 50-60 more is a good bet, which is 5-6 more years of writing at a 10 chapter a year pace. And we don't even know, he might decide on hiatuses between, so 5-6 years can turn into 7-8 quite easily.

He'll probably be in his 60s by the time the Succession War is ended. And then we have the DC arc, which honestly can be an entire saga. Minimum 100 chapters probably, 10 more years, is this dude really gonna be able to write in his 70s?

Even if he manages to get through the DC arc, he'll be like 75, and unless he somehow makes the DC arc the end of the manga, we still have some loose threads like 'Gon and Gyro's fated meeting', which makes me think he planned for a Meteor City arc but never got to it.

The old age actually isn't the biggest problem, it's his back problems. He should definitely take care of himself and monitor it, as the older he gets the worse it can/will get.

Feb 8, 2021 7:51 AM

Jan 2021
I think he will but not any time soon
Feb 10, 2021 11:09 AM

Nov 2016
Why is age such an issue? I mean, mangakas just draw and write sitting on a chair, if something is stressful to them is the huge amount of time they spend doing it, if he decreases his schedule then he might do it with 70 years, there are some old mangakas, Golgo 13's mangaka comes to mind.

I'm not saying it's the same with young mangakas, but I think it's not that different, unless they have some disease.
Feb 15, 2021 7:59 PM

Sep 2015
One Piece has a higher chance of getting an ending than Hiatus x Hiatus.
Feb 15, 2021 8:33 PM
Jul 2015
No, he won't.

I absolutely love YYH and HxH, but he won't finish HxH.
Really, the only thing I wanted after Chimera Ants was and end to Kurapika's story, he could do a short arc and finish his whole revenge-thing with the Phantom Troupe.

But no, instead he made an arc with One Piece-like proportions when he clearly doesn't have the capacity to do it(I'm not saying that he doesn't have the mind to do it, I believe if anyone has a talent to do something like this, is Togashi, but all the hiatus thing is what makes him totally unable to make a arc this big).
Feb 18, 2021 7:41 PM
May 2016
maybe he's trying to get his health issues taken care of or finally hiring some assistants so he can increase his output
Feb 18, 2021 8:08 PM

May 2018
Togashi practically gave a punch to the system. He is like, no assistants, no other artist to shorten the procedure, no co-writers. He is totally against the whole "industry" and "production process" of the manga world, much like he mentioned in a previous take on the matter. He has respect for the fans, but has not for the gluttonous ones. He is like "If you are a fan, stick with me, and let me tell you the story in my pace", which reminds me what Miura does with Berserk. As much as I prefer the "week-to-week release", you can see that the demand has become outrageous. Fans demand more and more, but there is a creation process, this is art after all.
The only thing I wish he did was move to another magazine in Shueisha, like Jump SQ, or the seasonal SQ.RISE, in order to free the weekly spot for new serializations.
Feb 21, 2021 5:16 AM

Oct 2015
ya_hallo said:
One Piece has a higher chance of getting an ending than Hiatus x Hiatus.
What comparison even is that? One Piece has a well defined ending planned at it won't take that long.
Feb 21, 2021 9:22 AM

Nov 2016
One Piece actually is worth a similar discussion, the manga is put on hold almost every week nowadays, and they almost come with 15 pages instead of the standard 20.

One reason is that Oda-san is very stressed drawing all those pages, barely getting any sleep, and since he is a huge mangaka, the solution to this is obvious right? Just hire 10 more assistants. But he doesn't want it from what I read so far because he likes doing almost everything himself. I understand that it's his greatest work and he takes a lot of care with it, but I think he's not doing the best decision, both because of his health and his fans who wait a lot for the story to progress.
Feb 22, 2021 12:04 AM
Jan 2017
Black_Watch said:
One Piece actually is worth a similar discussion, the manga is put on hold almost every week nowadays, and they almost come with 15 pages instead of the standard 20.

One reason is that Oda-san is very stressed drawing all those pages, barely getting any sleep, and since he is a huge mangaka, the solution to this is obvious right? Just hire 10 more assistants. But he doesn't want it from what I read so far because he likes doing almost everything himself. I understand that it's his greatest work and he takes a lot of care with it, but I think he's not doing the best decision, both because of his health and his fans who wait a lot for the story to progress.

Its not similar at all. Oda still releases plenty of chapters. Just hiring more assistants won't work, the manga would look a lot different and worse. Oda and Togashi have plenty of assistants, they don't do everything themselves.
Feb 22, 2021 1:01 AM

Jul 2016
The series is written in such a way where Togashi could just keep writing forever. He could've ended it after the election arc, but he didn't

I don't think that he has a master plan for the story. It feels like he just takes things one arc at a time.

Gon has completed his goal. Togashi has decided to focus on other characters. He can give Gon a new goal. He can keep going forever.
I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. He's constructed a fascinating world.

I'm writing this as someone who is not started reading the Dark Continent arc.

This more or less applies to every Serialized story. It's just that Togashi does not draw chapters consistently enough to explore all his ideas.
Feb 22, 2021 2:29 AM

Jul 2020
I just want this series to be continued by his wife.That way he can directly direct her as to how he wants the story to be.I'm not starting this series any soon unless we have any updated news about HxH.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 22, 2021 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
Sadly I think HxH is already over. At least the election arc serves as a great closing to the series.
Feb 22, 2021 7:38 AM

Nov 2016
Axelthrow said:
Black_Watch said:

Its not similar at all. Oda still releases plenty of chapters. Just hiring more assistants won't work, the manga would look a lot different and worse. Oda and Togashi have plenty of assistants, they don't do everything themselves.

Plenty of chapters? A normal weekly release is what then? Of course it's nothing like HXH where it goes a lot of weeks unreleased LOL, but if Oda-san can't keep with the weekly release, then it would be good for him to hire more assistants, I do not see where I'm being wrong, he has a lot of money to hire good assistants in order to not downgrade the artstyle. He has 5 assistants in average, I know he doesn't do everything himself, but he doesn't release every week also.
Feb 27, 2021 4:28 AM

Jan 2012
He will finish it.
Feb 27, 2021 5:06 AM

Aug 2019
I think he most certainlty will try, but whether his health allows him to is another story.

"...fatih, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

"I began to trust the world [...] to give unforeseen goods and pleasures that I had not thought to want."

Mar 27, 2021 4:09 PM

Jun 2020
Tapertrain said:
The series is written in such a way where Togashi could just keep writing forever. He could've ended it after the election arc, but he didn't

I don't think that he has a master plan for the story. It feels like he just takes things one arc at a time.

Gon has completed his goal. Togashi has decided to focus on other characters. He can give Gon a new goal. He can keep going forever.
I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. He's constructed a fascinating world.

This more or less applies to every Serialized story. It's just that Togashi does not draw chapters consistently enough to explore all his ideas.
he couldn t actually end it in the election arc, for example, kurapikas story isn t finished. the dark continent wasn t explored
Mar 27, 2021 4:58 PM

Dec 2019
georgemehh1 said:
Tapertrain said:

he couldn t actually end it in the election arc, for example, kurapikas story isn t finished. the dark continent wasn t explored

I disagree Kurapika found the rest of Clans eyes (note I know that tsereidnich has the rest but that wasn't written in the election arc) so his goal was definitely accomplished sure he didn't kill the phantom troupe but still also Killua found his purpose gon met and talked to ging leorio is gonna be a doctor

sure theirs a lot more to cover but I always find it weird when series try to delve into every aspect a series could offer sometimes its best to leave stuff unexplained makes the story more interesting I see the dark continent arc as extra bonus stuff that may or may not happen
Mar 27, 2021 6:22 PM

Jan 2020
He won't. I've come to accept that I should just be happy with what we've got

Mar 27, 2021 11:32 PM

Jul 2016
georgemehh1 said:
Tapertrain said:

I was just saying that i'm not sad that we still have not gotten see those things. Most of the long series that i've Read/never watched really tied up everything. Or at least it felt like they could keep going.

Togashi could've just not introduced the Dark Continent. It would have been less annoying because it seems like he's never going to really write that much about it.

Kurupika's Goal was set up before I was born. Watching the 2011 anime I learned about his goal. I was 14-15 when I watched that. Now I'm 21, and I don't care. Togashi doesn't really seem to care about tying up the series.

Mar 28, 2021 1:59 AM

Jun 2020
Tapertrain said:
georgemehh1 said:

I was just saying that i'm not sad that we still have not gotten see those things. Most of the long series that i've Read/never watched really tied up everything. Or at least it felt like they could keep going.

Togashi could've just not introduced the Dark Continent. It would have been less annoying because it seems like he's never going to really write that much about it.

Kurupika's Goal was set up before I was born. Watching the 2011 anime I learned about his goal. I was 14-15 when I watched that. Now I'm 21, and I don't care. Togashi doesn't really seem to care about tying up the series.

togashi knows what he does. this arc would be the best when its finished. anyway, a finished hxh would be the best shounen imo not even a debate, the story may evolve and get darker and darker
Mar 28, 2021 2:06 AM
May 2018
He won't.

People don't live forever.

And I really wanted for Leorio to get his own big arc.
Apr 2, 2021 12:16 AM
Sep 2016
With the way the hiatuses keep getting longer and longer, I'm guessing probably not. There's always a chance that someone else could take over, but Togashi is pretty stubborn about completing as much of Hunter x Hunter on his own as possible.

There's just a lot to cover in the future. We have to finish up the Succession Arc and go through the Dark Continent Arc. The mere existence of the Dark Continent feels like it should open up a lot of possibilities when it comes to world building and story telling. Plus, we need to see if Gon gets his nen back and his new goals for his future. It would be pretty cute to see Killua and Alluka's adventures too, but I don't have a lot of hope for us actually seeing them anytime soon. Add to that the fate of the Spiders and a reunion between the four main characters...and yeah it's looking like there's a lot of story left to tell. Considering the pacing of Hunter x Hunter and how few chapters are released a year (if any), I highly doubt the series will finish with Togashi at the lead.
SuperSnekNov 27, 2021 10:22 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.