Forum Settings
Forums

How do we make good classic show popular again?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 3, 2020 8:46 AM

Apr 2020
Force kt down every filthy casual's throat, if they refuse laugh at their taste
Aug 3, 2020 9:12 AM

Jan 2020
alshu said:
JoJo never had a proper anime adaption before 2012, only some OVA bonus for the manga.
alshu said:
Pretty sure that the JoJo OVA doesn't count as full blooded adaptation. More of a failed pilot.
The OVA did adapt the story of Part 3 in a concise manner, even if it changed some details and skipped the less important stuff. You could watch it on its own and understand the story just fine. In fact, that's what many people did before the new adaptation. I did watch the OVA first and didn't feel lost, although having some context from the earlier parts of the manga definitely helps.

While it doesn't cover the entirety of the Part 3 manga, I do count it as a direct adaptation, even if it wasn't exactly the same. Saying that JoJo wasn't adapted prior to 2012 is simply not true.
Aug 3, 2020 9:38 AM

May 2018
EterTC said:
While it doesn't cover the entirety of the Part 3 manga, I do count it as a direct adaptation

Good for you than.

EterTC said:
is simply not true.

You are simply missing the point.
Aug 3, 2020 9:48 AM
Oct 2017
I mean I don't understand what you're asking for. Those shows are classics. They were trending back in the day when they were released. People watched, loved them, talked about them. What is there more to do ? They will never be as popular as they were when they released.
Aug 3, 2020 9:56 AM

Aug 2016
Have a big anituber make a video on how amazing it is, everyone will start parroting his opinion from now on.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Aug 3, 2020 10:07 AM

Sep 2017
my plan
1) memes
2) gifs

30chars 30chars
Aug 3, 2020 10:10 AM
Feb 2020
The majority of people are functionally retarded, who cares what they like? All a resurgence of popularity will do is open the gates to some uninspired, badly animated, soulless sequel.

Seems like a lot of people just want to follow a crowd to feel like they're connected to some living zeitgeist, so they feel empty if something they like isn't the hot shit right now. You have to get your validation from more healthy things.
Hillary_Clinton_Aug 3, 2020 10:13 AM
Aug 3, 2020 10:23 AM

Mar 2020
You could try starting a classic anime club if one doesnt exist. There will probably be some debate as to where the line is drawn for classic anime. Pre 2000? Pre 1995? etc etc.

I admit I dont like a ton of older anime. I have some on my to do list but the list is long and will take a while to get through. Sometimes I like watching popular older anime because the anime of today wouldnt exist with out the classic anime.

I just wouldnt be too forceful in trying to make or get people to watch the idea itself could backfire. The biggest reason I have read for people much younger than me not wanting to watch older anime is the animation quality or style is off putting.
Aug 3, 2020 11:03 AM

Feb 2016
@DeadLoli
I don't think those work. Has anybody seen Fighbird?
その目だれの目?
Aug 4, 2020 4:12 PM

Oct 2019
EterTC said:
ryumance said:
Anyone that ONLY watches old things must have it hard lol cuz eventually they'll run out of old stuff

Eh, not really. I keep discovering old anime that I never heard of, even when I'm busy watching other shows. There's decades worth of content, I doubt anyone who's into old anime can say that they've ran out of stuff to watch, unless they simply lose interest.
If you've only EVER watched old anime and old anime only then eventually you will. Unless you don't watch at often in general
It's like binging a long run series, eventually you'll catch up
Aug 4, 2020 4:16 PM

Oct 2019
mhkr said:
ryumance said:
Anyone that ONLY watches old things must have it hard lol cuz eventually they'll run out of old stuff
Fair point, though there are lots of unsubbed old titles getting translated every year and like we're talking about the fans of older shows which take at least couple of years to just "check" the interesting titles
Yeah I'm totally with you on all terms. Idk why some people are taking this so srsly lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Have you ever refused to watch an anime because of its toxic fanbase?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
12 seconds ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

40 by Horshu »»
41 seconds ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 9 hours ago

38 by MichaelJackson »»
55 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 8 hours ago

38 by MichaelJackson »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 1 hour ago

12 by Absurdo_N »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.