Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2020 7:05 PM

Jun 2020
I'm apathetic 99% of the time. I don't feel happy, nor do I have anything to be sad about. Truth be told, my family stresses me out. But for whatever reason, I just don't feel upset about it. I dunno why I feel this way, I don't like being indifferent towards everything. Do you guys ever just feel like that? And if so, how do yall deal with it?
Jul 19, 2020 7:25 PM

Aug 2010
Traumatic events in life can change how a person views the world and interact with their surrounding environment (e.g. Objects, People, Animals).

Did a major event in life happened recently or some time ago?
(e.g. Loss of a treasured belonging, Loss of a Family Member, Betrayal by People you Trusted, Scammed by a Criminal)

This happened to me before and you are not alone in this.

Being a person with an introverted personality, I did the following:
- Sleep a lot more than usual to give my brain a good rest.
- Exercise (alone) to release the pent-up energy stored during frustration.
- Ensure that I am eating well, have sufficient nutrition, and not suffering from any sickness or medical conditions.
- Write (offline) personal journal entries on a daily basis to engage in self-talk.
- During the self-talk, discuss about my world view, what I have done right, what I have done wrong, what I should have done if I knew something earlier, and what should be my next course of actions.

For people with extroverted personalities, confiding and speaking to a trusted family member or friend would help clear things up in the head.
Post Office
Collection
Hall of Fame
Jul 19, 2020 7:39 PM

Jan 2017
yeah i feel that way sometimes. like i want to express something fully without any holds barred. but i do see myself detaching from emotions just like you or removing myself from the situation completely.

i think the healthy thing to do is to do something about it instead of keeping it inside.
Jul 19, 2020 8:04 PM

Jun 2020
Traumatic events in life can change how a person views the world and interact with their surrounding environment (e.g. Objects, People, Animals).

Did a major event in life happened recently or some time ago?
(e.g. Loss of a treasured belonging, Loss of a Family Member, Betrayal by People you Trusted, Scammed by a Criminal)

No, nothing of the sort.
Being a person with an introverted personality, I did the following:
- Sleep a lot more than usual to give my brain a good rest.
- Exercise (alone) to release the pent-up energy stored during frustration.
- Ensure that I am eating well, have sufficient nutrition, and not suffering from any sickness or medical conditions.
- Write (offline) personal journal entries on a daily basis to engage in self-talk.
- During the self-talk, discuss about my world view, what I have done right, what I have done wrong, what I should have done if I knew something earlier, and what should be my next course of actions.

Exercise doesn't do anything for me. I'd run in hot weather until I'm sweating like a dog and that dopamine rush never hits me. I think I'll try sleeping a ton, that sounds like a comfy way to spend my time :)
Jul 19, 2020 8:09 PM

Jan 2009
teenage angst because of raging hormones during that time maybe? if so hopefully when you reach adulthood it will be gone
Jul 19, 2020 8:11 PM

Mar 2008
I haven't been able to express very much easily since a few years now because I broke too much.
Jul 19, 2020 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
I'm fine with being apathetic, there is nothing wrong with that, it's better than be stupidly happy all the time (I personally cannot digest those types "happy-all-the-time" individuals).

A little sadness is also useful and helps with certain things that I do.
Jul 19, 2020 9:17 PM

Aug 2009
At a certain point, I just value practicality over whatever my emotional response to a situation would be. Sometimes feelings just get in the way of doing what needs to be done at the end of the day.

Jul 21, 2020 5:46 AM
Jul 2020
It sounds like u might have some kind of depression. I have it and I think I get what u feel. Idk where do you live, but if you can you should try to see a doctor or a therapist. That might help you a lot.

More topics from this board

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 7 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
1 minute ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

38 by Meusnier »»
7 minutes ago

» What are some of your favorite animals? ( 1 2 )

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

51 by scarydragon »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

47 by Meusnier »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 1 hour ago

5 by _Nette_ »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.