Forum Settings
Forums
New
Physical or Digital?
Jul 7, 2020 9:12 AM

Jul 2020
I'm opening new thread since i could not find something similar.

I was wondering what everybody thinks about adult physical mangas, i when i was in Japan i discovered them and they are so amazing i started this small hobby which i love, i was only wondering what would you guys think about it, would be super nice to know your opinions.

Have a nice day everyone!
Jul 7, 2020 10:01 AM

Jun 2020
Physical because I like that feeling instead of staring at my phone. Call me old fashioned or whatever, I've been reading manga for a long time now, I mostly read online but I've read a ton of physical copies of mangas like Naruto, Death Note, Dragon Ball, Ouran High School Host Club and lots more. If I ever get the chance to live in Japan, I'd read the physical copy almost 90% of the time instead of digital copy.

I said keep your hands on the table
Jul 7, 2020 10:18 AM

Jul 2020
Arin-san said:
Physical because I like that feeling instead of staring at my phone. Call me old fashioned or whatever, I've been reading manga for a long time now, I mostly read online but I've read a ton of physical copies of mangas like Naruto, Death Note, Dragon Ball, Ouran High School Host Club and lots more. If I ever get the chance to live in Japan, I'd read the physical copy almost 90% of the time instead of digital copy.

Couldnt agree more Arian-san ! :D
Jul 7, 2020 10:48 AM

Mar 2016
I like to smell things. So I prefer physical stuff.
Jul 7, 2020 10:49 AM

Apr 2013
I prefer digital because it's easier to carry around my phone and read all the updates whenever I'm out instead of being only limited to whatever physical copy I may have brought. I also prefer being more discrete and inconspicuous whenever I'm reading manga in public.
Jul 7, 2020 12:34 PM

Jul 2020
liquid_soap said:
I like to smell things. So I prefer physical stuff.

Yess, the smell is a good point! :D
Jul 7, 2020 12:34 PM

Jul 2020
Anastacius said:
I prefer physical but there way too expensive so i read digitally.

Yep, Japan is far away, yet i'm trying to make them cheaper and more accessible ^^
Jul 7, 2020 12:35 PM

Jul 2020
TheHentaiKing said:
I prefer digital because it's easier to carry around my phone and read all the updates whenever I'm out instead of being only limited to whatever physical copy I may have brought. I also prefer being more discrete and inconspicuous whenever I'm reading manga in public.

Yep, it's true that way it's "weightless" yet if you don't have to travel...
Jul 7, 2020 1:03 PM

Mar 2016
Digital so I can highlight without making a mess.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police šŸ˜«
Jul 7, 2020 1:40 PM

Jul 2020
caprisan said:
Digital so I can highlight without making a mess.

Hmm, did not thought about that!
Jul 7, 2020 1:48 PM

Jan 2020
both have ups and downs but I love just opening a new book and smelling the scent of the new paper, and it also just looks nice on my shelf. but if I want to take it somewhere it could get ruined, and it can take up space like I need to order a new shelf soon because I have too many books on it. but its also just expensive, why get a book for $20 when I could read it online for free.

but with digital, I can take it anywhere without having to worry about it tearing or bending, they also take up less space and they're cheaper. but sometimes depending on what I'm reading i feel bad for not supporting the author and my wifi shuts off almost daily and I don't really have space on my computer or my phone to download a whole book.
though I do prefer physical I'm also fine with digital
Jul 7, 2020 2:16 PM

Jul 2020
odd_pancake said:
both have ups and downs but I love just opening a new book and smelling the scent of the new paper, and it also just looks nice on my shelf. but if I want to take it somewhere it could get ruined, and it can take up space like I need to order a new shelf soon because I have too many books on it. but its also just expensive, why get a book for $20 when I could read it online for free.

but with digital, I can take it anywhere without having to worry about it tearing or bending, they also take up less space and they're cheaper. but sometimes depending on what I'm reading i feel bad for not supporting the author and my wifi shuts off almost daily and I don't really have space on my computer or my phone to download a whole book.
though I do prefer physical I'm also fine with digital

It's true that the smell is something very valued, plus seeing all the collection on the shelf is something truly amazing but you have to mention that the glossy paper of a full colored book cannot be replicated digital... + plus the feel in the hands...
hahah i'm in totally for the physical :P

The thing is that being digital free to read, makes lesser choices for anyone who doesn't really hasn't much money.

Both have positives, it's good to see people commenting here, thanks a lot you all.
Jul 7, 2020 2:25 PM

Jul 2019
Digital because I can't afford physical copies and there is no store around me that sells manga. Like yea I can order online but who's gonna lend me their card?
Jul 7, 2020 2:27 PM

Jul 2020
guych said:
Digital because I can't afford physical copies and there is no store around me that sells manga. Like yea I can order online but who's gonna lend me their card?

Yes, they are very expensive.
In Japan are more accessible, but the offert is also much bigger.
Jul 7, 2020 2:30 PM

Mar 2010
Used to read physical books when I was younger up till I was in college but now I read only digital stuff.
Jul 7, 2020 2:41 PM

Jul 2020
gintokisbicep said:
physical. it carries a different vibe. i also like to collect plus as someone else said, i lowkey like the smell

The thing about the smell is that many books are old, and no longer carry that brand-new smell.
Yet, many times a limited edition in very nice condition can have very big value, thing that a digital will never do.
Jul 7, 2020 2:42 PM

Jul 2020
Stardew said:
Used to read physical books when I was younger up till I was in college but now I read only digital stuff.

Yep, digital is faster. To keep, to carry and sometimes to read as well.
Jul 7, 2020 3:18 PM

Jul 2014
I don't remember who said this but iirc it was a mangaka, somewhere along the lines of "you can't touch digital copies while you can touch physical copies is like digital ver means you cannot touch the boobs and only look at them whereas you can grope the physical one" so for me.. obviously physical ones!
Jul 7, 2020 3:27 PM

Jul 2020
-Stray said:
I don't remember who said this but iirc it was a mangaka, somewhere along the lines of "you can't touch digital copies while you can touch physical copies is like digital ver means you cannot touch the boobs and only look at them whereas you can grope the physical one" so for me.. obviously physical ones!

Groping is always better! hahhaha
Jul 8, 2020 8:25 AM

Jun 2019
Definitely physical.

I guess with digital you can read it anywhere at any time without being embarrassed at people looking at you. But with a physical copy, you can wait till you are alone, relax, and open up the book. It kinda feels special or something, so I end up appreciating the read more.

Also the feeling when you touch the paper with your own hands and put the book on your shelf easily defeats any other feelings in this world.

Jul 8, 2020 9:55 AM

Mar 2012
Digital because I don't have to worry about storage space or how to dispose of it if I don't need it anymore. Also manga isn't sold in my country except for the really mainstream stuff I'm not interested in so buying it from other countries is expensive.
Jul 8, 2020 10:38 AM
Mar 2018
Digital is more convenient but I find that I can concentrate better if I read the physical book. So I go physical when possible.
Jul 9, 2020 2:10 AM

Jul 2020
Allyxandra said:
Definitely physical.

I guess with digital you can read it anywhere at any time without being embarrassed at people looking at you. But with a physical copy, you can wait till you are alone, relax, and open up the book. It kinda feels special or something, so I end up appreciating the read more.

Also the feeling when you touch the paper with your own hands and put the book on your shelf easily defeats any other feelings in this world.

You are so right man...
Yet i dont give a shit about what others think sooo, for me having the books is the absolute option :D
Jul 9, 2020 2:11 AM

Jul 2020
Maou_heika said:
Digital because I don't have to worry about storage space or how to dispose of it if I don't need it anymore. Also manga isn't sold in my country except for the really mainstream stuff I'm not interested in so buying it from other countries is expensive.

Yep, Storage space is some big issue to have in mind, as well as the availability of what you really want to read.
Jul 9, 2020 2:12 AM

Jul 2020
unimportantuser said:
Digital is more convenient but I find that I can concentrate better if I read the physical book. So I go physical when possible.

Happens to me with regular books, still don't understand why.
Jul 9, 2020 8:54 AM

Jul 2020
Ashscot said:
I own both physical and digital copies of various manga. If I had to choose which I prefer, I'd go with physical copies. Nothing beats holding a book in your hand. I also find I get less eye strain looking at a book rather than looking at a screen.

Yep, that fact of holding + quality paper is the best :)
Jul 9, 2020 9:13 AM

Dec 2018
Physical for collection, digital for initial reading.

So yeah I only buy physical once I already finished and loved the manga. I'm a uni student so it's not like physical is anywhere near affordable.
. . .
Jul 9, 2020 11:25 AM

Jul 2020
Preachee said:
Physical for collection, digital for initial reading.

So yeah I only buy physical once I already finished and loved the manga. I'm a uni student so it's not like physical is anywhere near affordable.

Unless you live in Japan and don't buy too many, it's totally unaffordable, that's true :/
Jul 9, 2020 5:27 PM

Sep 2017
Physical:
>Expensive
>Not available everywhere
>Might get torn up
>Can't be brought everywhere
Still if you're a collector you can ignore all these.Interests come first
Ų®
Jul 9, 2020 10:42 PM
Jun 2020
Digital is the superior option imo. It's cheap, it's fast, you have a much more vast library, and reading with dark mode at night is infinitely better than reading a physical book with the lights on
Jul 10, 2020 3:02 AM

Aug 2018
Physically is so much better and my wallet hates that
_______I like rocks__
Jul 10, 2020 7:56 AM

Nov 2019
Physical if possible. I still have a lot of space in my bookshelf to fill. I have bought some digital stuff, mainly titles I don't care much to have them physical, but they interest me enough to at least have them digital and give some money to the author.
Jul 10, 2020 10:29 AM
Mar 2020
both, but prefer physical ,if i really care about a title i always go look for the tankobon in my language or english\ french edition.

im also fine with digital ,just not on a smartphone.
Sep 25, 2020 8:42 AM

Jul 2020
For me it's clearly the solid book.
In my opinion, they have their thing that the digital doesn't.
Hard to explain.
Sep 25, 2020 8:43 AM

Jul 2020
Pleasant_pancake said:
Physical if possible. I still have a lot of space in my bookshelf to fill. I have bought some digital stuff, mainly titles I don't care much to have them physical, but they interest me enough to at least have them digital and give some money to the author.

Always physical isnt it?
Yeah!! the polls indicates people likes physical :D
Give it a chance ^^
Sep 25, 2020 8:44 AM

Jul 2020
BreezyDizasta said:
Digital is the superior option imo. It's cheap, it's fast, you have a much more vast library, and reading with dark mode at night is infinitely better than reading a physical book with the lights on

You actually enumareted all the reasons i would have the digital, nothing else.

Yet if you try a physical full color artbook... wel... For me it's game over xD
Sep 25, 2020 8:46 AM

Jul 2020
Fatephile said:
Physical:
>Expensive
>Not available everywhere
>Might get torn up
>Can't be brought everywhere
Still if you're a collector you can ignore all these.Interests come first

Hey Fate!, yeah you are right, but have in mind that many of them get value over time, thing that digital never does :P

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
22 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1056 by Francis_0 »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

377 by Nissy »»
3 hours ago

» When will be the next chapter of One punch Man released ?

MagrMal - Apr 23

3 by GudBoy »»
5 hours ago

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

67 by rurina-chan »»
7 hours ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.