Forum Settings
Forums

Few redeeming things about the worst anime you've watched

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 21, 2020 7:08 AM

Aug 2019
diabolik lovers- uhhhh, op was kinda catchy and character designs were kinda pretty??? kanatos va was good

shoujo tsubaki- unique art style, tackles topics that aren't used much in anime, a good horror

Jun 21, 2020 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
Taboo Tattoo

The fight scene in the first episode was pretty neat.
Jun 21, 2020 1:28 PM
Dec 2017
SAO has good openings and good character designs
Jun 21, 2020 1:32 PM
Dec 2019
Skelter+Heaven is honestly the worst show I've ever watched. The only redeeming thing about it is that it wasn't that bad that I couldn't finish the 1 episode of the OVA that was 24 minutes long.
Jun 21, 2020 1:33 PM
Dec 2019
Skelter+Heaven is honestly the worst show I've ever watched. The only redeeming thing about it is that it wasn't that bad that I couldn't finish the 1 episode of the OVA that was 24 minutes long.
Jun 21, 2020 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
Zelgato said:
Theo1899 said:
Garzey is very funny. Unintentionally of course.

Lalazee said:
Garzey's Wing for being the very definition of the 'so bad it's good' phrase. Plenty of laughter from that one.

Garzey's Wing is 10/10 comedy gold!

I really hope you guys watched the dubbed version?
Jun 21, 2020 2:31 PM

Dec 2018
The CGI in Arifureta is so bad that it's entertaining. I can not find a single redeeming quality in that show other than that.
Jun 21, 2020 2:47 PM

Jan 2020
Absolutely SAO, i can't even comment lel.
Jun 21, 2020 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
Dr. Stone had banger op and ed's and made me laugh like twice.
Pet made me realize I can meme someone constantly puking.
Devilman: Crybaby has a fantastic OST.
Babylon had a good first half.
Jun 21, 2020 5:53 PM

Feb 2019
SAO 2 was the worst anime I ever watched but I liked the
Jun 21, 2020 6:18 PM

Aug 2009
it made me appreciate other anime a lot more
Jun 21, 2020 6:26 PM
Aug 2019
Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora. Character designs and colors were not bad...
Jun 21, 2020 6:43 PM

Jan 2020
ReZero have a good character, very funny, potential waifu, extremely underrated and nobody talk about this

IgorPsc91Jun 21, 2020 6:49 PM

Jun 21, 2020 7:37 PM

Sep 2014
The characters die in Death Parade.
Jun 21, 2020 7:53 PM

Jul 2014
No Game No Life has a very unique color palette, and whenever it's not too saturated, looks very nice and helps to accentuate the otherworldliness of the setting. Some of the games also had interesting premises.
Jun 21, 2020 7:55 PM

Jan 2020
CakeMan-kun said:

Can't agree more with your statement. The whole show sucked but at least the concept was cool and the animation was pretty decent.
Jun 21, 2020 8:16 PM

May 2018
Neon Genesis Evangelion has a good opening
Jun 21, 2020 8:17 PM

Jun 2020
Diabolik Lovers - Really, only the art was pretty and that's it. Would never touch it again.

IrrelevantGuy said:
CakeMan-kun said:

Can't agree more with your statement. The whole show sucked but at least the concept was cool and the animation was pretty decent.

I'd like to defend SAO ;-;

Edit: Also Big Order - Again, it was very pretty. And they set the characters into their roles early.
TadanoMariJun 21, 2020 8:22 PM
Jun 21, 2020 8:22 PM

Jan 2020
TadanoMari said:
Diabolik Lovers - Really, only the art was pretty and that's it. Would never touch it again.
IrrelevantGuy said:

Sure, you can. As long as you give well constructed statements and maintain a peaceful discussion, you absolutely can defend SAO.
Jun 21, 2020 9:01 PM

Jun 2020
IrrelevantGuy said:
TadanoMari said:

Sure, you can. As long as you give well constructed statements and maintain a peaceful discussion, you absolutely can defend SAO.

Sure, I'm anything but forceful and I'll try to sound coherent lol. I'm glad you're not being defensive and saying no :)
I also don't mind if you hate it, pretty justified tbh. ESPECIALLY if we're talking season 1 only.

What can I say XD? It didn't SUCK, but it wasn't outstanding at first. It had good character designs and like you said, a decent concept and animation. It gets better with every installment I feel.

1-As far as ideas go, Aincrad was interesting despite the bad execution, but SAO Progressive fixes that. Alfheim...not redeemable much :P. GunGale was okay too, and if you liked it you could check out SAO Alternative which, despite the title, barely has anything to do with SAO. And Underworld is really cool with the whole soul translator concept.

2-Characterization gets better the further in you go (not counting the easy initial harem that was made in 5 eps). Examples:

• Kirito is kind of a great character because you can understand his motivations in doing what he does. He IS the good guy character, though he snaps sometimes too; like the Sugou scene, and has his troubles; like the killing in Aincrad (that got discussed in GGO).
  • Asuna gets fleshed out more, with her getting great amounts of screentime in both Mother's Rosario and Alicization. I really liked her moments in Ordinal Scale too; she reacted normally to whatever happened and not in a cliche way.
  • Sinon gets ample time for development, so she has a clear past, a coherent present, and an imaginable future.
  • Yuuki has a great backstory that is presented well. Her character as a whole is well-defined and it's easy to get attached to her.
  • Eugeo starts out as a nice guy (again) but he's different enough that he doesn't feel like a Kirito rip-off and he was honestly a breath of fresh air. And development happens.
  • Alice has a season where she's literally the main character and Kirito is barely present.

3-It has a lot of action for those that love seeing that.

4-Plot, well...is there, it exists. Yes, stuff happens, though some plot points are cliche, and I guess if you're not in SAO for the characters (which you probably aren't) then it's for this. Since the initial concept was great they keep tying everything back to it while also diverging far enough from it. The plot moves fast and has a lot of cliffhangers too. Alicization is arguably the best arc so far.

5-World-building is actually great since they establish just how far developed they are technologically and then show what complications would arise from such. You get to see many different point of views towards their world.

6-The art was good initially but recent seasons' art and animation levels have skyrocketed! It's really beautiful now.

...And I guess that's it.
If you actually read all of that, you're amazing man! Kudos to you, and thanks for reading!
TadanoMariJun 21, 2020 9:59 PM
Jun 21, 2020 9:41 PM

Mar 2018
It was outside of the box and creative. The CGI is better than 2016 berserk.

(Utsu musume sayuri)
Jun 21, 2020 9:54 PM

Aug 2018
Berserk(2016-17)
The openings and ending were fire.
And everything else from CGI to sound design sucks.
Jun 22, 2020 12:19 AM

Jan 2020
TadanoMari said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

Sure, I'm anything but forceful and I'll try to sound coherent lol. I'm glad you're not being defensive and saying no :)
I also don't mind if you hate it, pretty justified tbh. ESPECIALLY if we're talking season 1 only.

What can I say XD? It didn't SUCK, but it wasn't outstanding at first. It had good character designs and like you said, a decent concept and animation. It gets better with every installment I feel.

1-As far as ideas go, Aincrad was interesting despite the bad execution, but SAO Progressive fixes that. Alfheim...not redeemable much :P. GunGale was okay too, and if you liked it you could check out SAO Alternative which, despite the title, barely has anything to do with SAO. And Underworld is really cool with the whole soul translator concept.

2-Characterization gets better the further in you go (not counting the easy initial harem that was made in 5 eps). Examples:

• Kirito is kind of a great character because you can understand his motivations in doing what he does. He IS the good guy character, though he snaps sometimes too; like the Sugou scene, and has his troubles; like the killing in Aincrad (that got discussed in GGO).
  • Asuna gets fleshed out more, with her getting great amounts of screentime in both Mother's Rosario and Alicization. I really liked her moments in Ordinal Scale too; she reacted normally to whatever happened and not in a cliche way.
  • Sinon gets ample time for development, so she has a clear past, a coherent present, and an imaginable future.
  • Yuuki has a great backstory that is presented well. Her character as a whole is well-defined and it's easy to get attached to her.
  • Eugeo starts out as a nice guy (again) but he's different enough that he doesn't feel like a Kirito rip-off and he was honestly a breath of fresh air. And development happens.
  • Alice has a season where she's literally the main character and Kirito is barely present.

4-Plot, well...is there, it exists. Yes, stuff happens, though some plot points are cliche, and I guess if you're not in SAO for the characters (which you probably aren't) then it's for this. Since the initial concept was great they keep tying everything back to it while also diverging far enough from it. The plot moves fast and has a lot of cliffhangers too. Alicization is arguably the best arc so far.

5-World-building is actually great since they establish just how far developed they are technologically and then show what complications would arise from such. You get to see many different point of views towards their world.

6-The art was good initially but recent seasons' art and animation levels have skyrocketed! It's really beautiful now.

If you actually read all of that, you're amazing man! Kudos to you, and thanks for reading!

Well, I actually read all of that. I would say that you've greatly described the points you are trying to make. But try to see this from the perspective of a man who has only seen the first season of SAO (I forgot to mention).

I have heard a lot of great things about the latest arcs of SAO. Even the youtubers who absolutely hated the first 2 seasons of SAO are praising it for the gradual improvement it had over the last few years. But in my opinion, the first season of SAO, as a standalone anime, was pretty bad. I will elaborate why I think so. And keep in mind that I'm only talking about SAO Season 1 here.

The side characters are poorly developed

It's probably the biggest flaw of SAO. The side characters aren't properly developed in the first season of SAO. The side characters don't receive much development/depth throughout the entire season. They don't have much significance in the main story and their character development is pretty much nonexistent. It feels like even if they were entirely removed from the anime, it wouldn't put much effect on the story. In my opinion, SAO should have given more time to develop these side characters even though they aren't the focus of the anime.

The protagonist is too unrealistic and overpowered

Kirito seemed too unrealistic and overpowered to me. The things that he did in the first season were extremely difficult to do for a 14-16 years old guy. But Kirito did those things very easily. The scene where he saves/revives Yui within just a few seconds made no sense to me. How was he able to pull off that sh*t literally within just a few seconds?

The protagonist feels unrelatable to me

A relatable protagonist is very necessary in anime like SAO. Even if the protagonist is overpowered, if the viewers can relate to him, I would say that he is a good protagonist. But Kirito didn't feel relatable to me. I couldn't relate to him at all. I have heard that most of monologues from the original light novel (I haven't read it myself though) have been removed from the anime. It makes it even harder for the viewers to feel relatable to Kirito. But in the end, this matter is entirely subjective.

An abundance of plot holes

I think we all know that SAO consists of several plot holes. As an example, the psychological elements of this type of situation weren't explored in the anime. The way that the players reacted to the situation they were suddenly put in weren't realistic. If people were stuck in a situation where they couldn't escape from the game and death in the game meant death in real life in a real life scenario, they would certainly suffer from a lot of mental stress, anxiety and depression. They would suffer from catastrophic mental problems. They would be thinking about their families and friends and try their best to somehow return to the real world. It would have taken a lot of years for them return to their normal state. But in SAO, it looked all the players instantly moved on from their mental problems and didn't have any discomfort with the current world they were living in, which definitely shouldn't be the case.

Absolutely unnecessary harem around the protagonist

The harem in SAO had no meaning in the story whatsoever. The girls who fell in love with Kirito only appeared for 2-3 episodes in the entire anime (Besides Asuna, of course). It felt like they served only one purpose in the entire anime which was to be a part of Kirito's Rejected Women's Club (As a famous anituber who absolutely despies SAO once said). It would've been a lot better if they were given more development and actually served purpose to the story.

There are also other reasons why I think the first season of SAO was pretty bad. But for now, I think that's enough.

Even though I didn't like SAO Season 1, I will watch the other seasons of SAO just to make sure I am not missing out on anything.

If you were able to read all of these things I've written, I would have to give you a big THANK YOU and say that you are way more amazing than me.
IrrelevantGuyJun 22, 2020 1:24 AM
Jun 22, 2020 12:44 AM
Jan 2020
arifureta is one of the worst anime I ever watched but it is still enjoyable and fun even if I gave it a 1/10 in the end
Jun 22, 2020 12:48 AM

Nov 2019
I love watching really bad things in general because they make me laugh so hard. That's why I enjoyed Nami which was simply terrible.

I'm not lying.
                    I'd never lie.....
                    Perhaps
Jun 22, 2020 12:53 AM

Dec 2016
No Game No Life: pretty colors

Demon Slayer: episode 1

Konosuba: colorful fantasy setting

Guilty Crown: OST

Jun 22, 2020 12:54 AM

Oct 2018
The most redeeming thing, about the worst anime I have ever watched: The pain of watching them, is in the past now.

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Fate/stay night
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–€โ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–€โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–€โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–„โ–„โ–„โ–ˆโ–€โ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–„โ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–„โ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–€โ–ˆโ–‘โ–ˆโ–€โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–€โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–€โ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–ˆโ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–„โ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€
โ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–€โ–ˆโ–„โ–„โ–ˆโ–„โ–„โ–„โ–ˆโ–„โ–€โ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–ˆโ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–„
โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–€โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–„
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–„โ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–€โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–€โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–€โ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–€โ–ˆโ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–€โ–€โ–€โ–‘โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–€โ–„โ–ˆโ–ˆ
Jun 22, 2020 1:40 AM

Jun 2020
IrrelevantGuy said:
TadanoMari said:

Well, I actually read all of that. I would say that you've greatly described the points you are trying to make. But try to see this from the perspective of a man who has only seen the first season of SAO (I forgot to mention).

I have heard a lot of great things about the latest arcs of SAO. Even the youtubers who absolutely hated the first 2 seasons of SAO are praising it for the gradual improvement it had over the last few years. But in my opinion, the first season of SAO, as a standalone anime, was pretty bad. I will elaborate why I think so. And keep in mind that I'm only talking about SAO Season 1 here.

It's probably the biggest flaw of SAO. The side characters aren't properly developed in the first season of SAO. The side characters don't receive much development/depth throughout the entire season. They didn't have much significance in the main story. It feels like even if they were entirely removed from the anime, it wouldn't put much effect on the story. In my opinion, SAO should have given more time to develop these side characters even though they aren't the focus of the anime.

Kirito seemed too unrealistic and overpowered to me. The things that he did in the first season were extremely difficult to do for a 14-16 years old guy. But Kirito did those things very easily. The scene where he saves/revives Yui within just a few seconds made no sense to me. How was he able to pull off that sh*t literally within just a few seconds?

A relatable protagonist is very necessary in anime like SAO. Even if the protagonist is overpowered, if the viewers can relate to him, I would say that he is a good protagonist. But Kirito didn't feel relatable to me. I couldn't relate to him at all. I have heard that most of monologues from the original light novel (I haven't read it myself though) have been removed from the anime. It makes it even harder for the viewers to feel relatable to Kirito. But in the end, this matter is entirely subjective.

I think we all know that SAO consists of several plot holes. As an example, the psychological elements of this type of situation weren't explored in the anime. The way that the players reacted to the situation they were suddenly put in weren't realistic. If people were stuck in a situation where they couldn't escape from the game and death in the game meant death in real life in a real life scenario, they would certainly suffer from a lot of mental stress, anxiety and depression. They would suffer from catastrophic mental problems. They would be thinking about their families and friends and try their best to somehow return to the real world. It would have taken a lot of years for them return to their normal state. But in SAO, it looked all the players instantly moved on from their mental problems and didn't have any discomfort with the current world they were living in, which definitely shouldn't be the case.

The harem in SAO had no point to the story whatsoever. The girls who fell in love with Kirito only appeared for 2-3 episodes in the entire anime (Besides Asuna, of course). It felt like they served only one purpose in the entire anime which was to be a part of Kirito's Rejected Women's Club (As a famous anituber who absolutely despies SAO once said). It would've been a lot better if they were given more development and actually served purpose to the story.

There are also other reasons why I think the first season of SAO was pretty bad. But for now, I think that's enough.

Even though I didn't like the SAO Season 1, I will watch the other seasons of SAO just to make sure I am not missing out on anything.

If you were able to read all of these things I've written, I would have to give you a big THANK YOU and say that you are way more amazing than me.

I must say, it's great that we're discussing this :D emphasize on peaceful discussion.
Oh you're talking about the first season only? My bad, didn't cross my mind that you were XD

I read the whole thing and it's really hard for me to disagree because the first season was just that bad :P and I admitted that it's very justified for you to not like it.
If I rate something like bland Isekai Smartphone with a 5, then the generic harem that is SAO season 1 gets a 6 from me. Which it did.

The only thing I could probably reply to (cuz I agree with everything, and to a certain extent I agree with this too) is how unrealistically OP Kirito was. From the start we know that Kirito is an avid gamer and they actually show us how he's also a technology wiz with him reading articles about it and all. But yeah, it still needed me to suspend my belief for a bit.

You were very articulate and thorough in expressing your opinion, I got your points and agreed with them too! You don't have to force yourself to watch the rest if you're not interested; I like SAO but I get why many don't. You could try finding something else you'll truly enjoy?
Jun 22, 2020 1:50 AM

Jan 2020
TadanoMari said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

It's probably the biggest flaw of SAO. The side characters aren't properly developed in the first season of SAO. The side characters don't receive much development/depth throughout the entire season. They didn't have much significance in the main story. It feels like even if they were entirely removed from the anime, it wouldn't put much effect on the story. In my opinion, SAO should have given more time to develop these side characters even though they aren't the focus of the anime.

The harem in SAO had no point to the story whatsoever. The girls who fell in love with Kirito only appeared for 2-3 episodes in the entire anime (Besides Asuna, of course). It felt like they served only one purpose in the entire anime which was to be a part of Kirito's Rejected Women's Club (As a famous anituber who absolutely despies SAO once said). It would've been a lot better if they were given more development and actually served purpose to the story.

Even though I didn't like the SAO Season 1, I will watch the other seasons of SAO just to make sure I am not missing out on anything.

I must say, it's great that we're discussing this :D emphasize on peaceful discussion.
Oh you're talking about the first season only? My bad, didn't cross my mind that you were XD

I read the whole thing and it's really hard for me to disagree because the first season was just that bad :P and I admitted that it's very justified for you to not like it.
If I rate something like bland Isekai Smartphone with a 5, then the generic harem that is SAO season 1 gets a 6 from me. Which it did.

The only thing I could probably reply to (cuz I agree with everything, and to a certain extent I agree with this too) is how unrealistically OP Kirito was. From the start we know that Kirito is an avid gamer and they actually show us how he's also a technology wiz with him reading articles about it and all. But yeah, it still needed me to suspend my belief for a bit.

You were very articulate and thorough in expressing your opinion, I got your points and agreed with them too! You don't have to force yourself to watch the rest if you're not interested; I like SAO but I get why many don't. You could try finding something else you'll truly enjoy?

No, I am not forcing myself. I really want to watch the rest of SAO.

And thank you very much for having a peaceful conversation with me!
Jun 22, 2020 3:21 AM

Sep 2017
Isekai Smartphone, thanks to the OP... such a banger
Jun 22, 2020 3:25 AM

Aug 2018
nothing because it's the worst, right?
Jun 22, 2020 3:34 AM
May 2020
It's probably not THE worst anime I've seen, but it's still fucking stupid. The only redeeming quality in Diabolik Lovers is that Ayato and Subaru are hot and not COMPLETE assholes, like every other guy in that show. Actually, I'm pretty sure that's only reason I watched and completed it lmao.
Jun 22, 2020 3:57 AM

Nov 2018
epyon4light said:
TheNamelessGuy said:
I always tend to avoid shitty animes. I first check the comment sections or forms to make sure if it's worth watching. But if i have to say my least favorite anime, then i would say it's every god damn harem series.

I always try out 90% of series first before looking at comments or reactions as peoples taste is all over the place.
That's true too. But at least you get to know if there's ntr or whether your favourite ship has sailed or if your favourite character is alive or not. And these are the main reason why i read comments or reviews or forms about that perticular series.
Jun 22, 2020 8:32 AM

Sep 2018
Absolute Duo, Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut, Kenja no Mago and Isekai Cheat Magician can be watched while playing "generic Bingo".

Write down the worst of the worst stereotypes this medium has to offer and then look who is the lucky one to get the couple first ones right, in the end everyone will get a Bingo anyway since they all deliver on every major shitty stereotype.
Jun 22, 2020 11:14 AM

Jan 2020
FMAB is nice but(especially OST
) for some reason i couldn't like it.
Jun 22, 2020 11:23 AM

Mar 2013
I will choose Pupa. The opening song is pretty good imo
Jun 22, 2020 12:06 PM

Apr 2015
Vampire Knight had a -really- interesting premise that didn't live up to expectations.

Come to think of it I could say the same about most of the shows that I hate.
Jun 22, 2020 12:44 PM

Jun 2020
I haven't seen any truly bad anime yet, I haven't seen much anime at all really, but if there was one I really didn't like it was When Marnie Was Here and even then, it was mainly just the second half I had issues with. To give film some credit where it's due, the animation was absolutely beautiful (to be expected from a Ghibli film), the soundtrack was very well made and the first half was great! Marnie was a very likeable character as well.
Jun 22, 2020 12:48 PM

Mar 2019
Worst anime I've watched has to be Kenja no Mago n the only redeeming thing about it is ig is the side charas but even then it's still dog shite
Jun 22, 2020 12:52 PM

Aug 2019
Well Domestic na Kanojo was so bad it was pretty funny to me at sometimes, so I guess there's that.

Also the OP, Minami's "Kawaki Wo Ameku" is such an amazing song, by and far the best part of the show.
Jun 22, 2020 12:53 PM

Oct 2018
Like me, I'm pretty sure people only like eromanga-sensei for the ed song.

Jun 22, 2020 1:25 PM

Feb 2018
Hrmm, something not terrible about Love Love?, that's a pretty tall order man. Let's see, the animation's okay I guess, the girls' designs and quirks were fine baselines to work with, the main character being a writer for an in-universe Cosprayers is an interesting idea at least, and the OP actually manages to not be bad despite clearly being cheaply made. Honestly, that's the best I got, I can only hope anime can't get much worse than this show.
"If it's not big, it's only a bust," some guy on the internet
Jun 22, 2020 1:29 PM

May 2015
Evangelion has a good OP and an entertaining start. Definitely not a fan of how it all ended

The slime isekai anime has some feels, but I still don't like it
Jun 22, 2020 2:01 PM

Jun 2020
Isekai cheat Magician: The opening is not that bad
Akame ga Kill:
Also the episode 1 was promising.
Keishichou Tokumbu:I dont know if I put the name well but the good thing is that it gave me some time to sleep while watching it.Also the opening was not bad
Pet:I learn to wait and not to watch an anime only for his context.

Jun 22, 2020 2:02 PM

Feb 2018
Divine Gate's visuals and opening was good, but I absolutely hated the way the show went. It just didn't suit my tastes

“Life is like a mountain – you can say you’ve reached the top, but only after climbing back down.”

“Happiness depends on each person. If you think you’re happy, then you must be happy.”

“Anime – it’s not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.”

Jun 22, 2020 2:17 PM

Dec 2019
I don't think I can come up with anything good in Boruto besides the episodes with Naruto and Sasuke.

Sao season 1 is absolute garbage but at least the animation is decent enough and the soundtrack is fucking amazing.

At least Darwin's Game ended...
Jun 22, 2020 7:13 PM

Jun 2016
Nothing. It's called the worst for a reason
Jun 22, 2020 7:23 PM

Jan 2020
pandaeatboo said:
Well Domestic na Kanojo was so bad it was pretty funny to me at sometimes, so I guess there's that.

Also the OP, Minami's "Kawaki Wo Ameku" is such an amazing song, by and far the best part of the show.

Absolutely. The OP is a total banger. It's definitely the best thing about Domestic na Kanojo.
IrrelevantGuyJun 23, 2020 6:08 AM
Jun 23, 2020 1:07 AM

May 2018
The only redeeming quality of Salaryman Kintarou is that it's an evidence that seinen can suck too.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - Apr 23

29 by Pokitaru »»
5 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - 9 hours ago

54 by Tyrant_Inferno »»
8 minutes ago

» Best pink haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Jan 22

54 by Ahiru89 »»
17 minutes ago

» Describe an anime with zoomer language

ZakuF_ - 3 hours ago

2 by alshu »»
21 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7168 by damiJESUS »»
22 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.