Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 30, 2020 11:36 PM
Apr 2020
is there any reason for iino to be soo rude to ishigami?

did he do something to her?

i think she should really be a bit more easy going and actually try to understand the people she is working with

also she scolds everyone for the smallest of things but chika gets a free pass just because she likes her?
isnt that contradicting her own ideals of treating everyone equally?

right now i find her really annoying
hopefully she gets better later on
May 31, 2020 12:12 AM

May 2018
ayaan692 said:

i think she should really be a bit more easy going and actually try to understand the people she is working with

also she scolds everyone for the smallest of things but chika gets a free pass just because she likes her?

They both hate each other tho. Ishigami breaks rules. Iino doesn't like it , and she is just too strict and Ishigami doesn't like it.
I seriously think that those two are one of those characters that fight in the beginning but get closer afterwords.
Reason was given as to why she is biased towards Chika tho.
May 31, 2020 12:14 AM

Jan 2020
She does get better.
(I don't wanna spoil anything. But in the manga she has pretty good and subtle character development which is awesome)
MistaAshMay 31, 2020 12:18 AM
May 31, 2020 12:20 AM
Apr 2020
DomineLkira said:
ayaan692 said:

They both hate each other tho. Ishigami breaks rules. Iino doesn't like it , and she is just too strict and Ishigami doesn't like it.
I seriously think that those two are one of those characters that fight in the beginning but get closer afterwords.

when ishigami was explaining her how her attitude could get her in trouble
she cuts him off and says something along the lines of "shut up im not talking to you"

also in my opinion she has no right to scold others if she is just going to be biased and give people she likes a free pass

how can a daughter of a judge be that unfair?
i guess her friend with glasses is also allowed to break rules because she likes her?
ayaan692May 31, 2020 12:29 AM
May 31, 2020 12:27 AM
Apr 2020
MistaAsh said:
She does get better.
(I don't wanna spoil anything. But in the manga she has pretty good and subtle character development which is awesome)

right now she is a thankless spoiled brat who is being plain rude
she should atleast be nicer to miyuki since he is the reason she even got the position

but there isnt even an ounce of gratitude for that instead she blames him for "not leading with a good example" which is bs
literally everyone in school knows that shirogane is a model student how did she not noticed it in her first year?
this attitude of entitlement is kinda pissing me off
May 31, 2020 12:29 AM

Feb 2019
Well there is a lot more context in the manga that I would not like to reveal. But yes she does have her reasons why this is the case.
May 31, 2020 12:32 AM
Aug 2018
ayaan692 said:
DomineLkira said:

she cuts him off and says something along the lines of "shut up im not talking to you"

also in my opinion she has no right to scold others if she is just going to be biased and give people she likes a free pass

I guess she's just there as a comedic relief character, similar to Chika. Atleast this appears to be the case from previous 2 episodes. Don't take her seriously, unless the focus of the anime shifts and she starts getting attention.
May 31, 2020 12:33 AM
Apr 2020
TheZilla said:
Well there is a lot more context in the manga that I would not like to reveal. But yes she does have her reasons why this is the case.

ok if they actually have a past then it makes it a bit more excusable

i though she is just being rude to him because she believed all the bad rumours ishigami has in school
May 31, 2020 12:35 AM
Apr 2020
rakeshpavan333 said:
ayaan692 said:

I guess she's just there as a comedic relief character, similar to Chika. Atleast this appears to be the case from previous 2 episodes. Don't take her seriously, unless the focus of the anime shifts and she starts getting attention.

yeah maybe im taking it too seriously
i guess her demeanor in this episode just rubbed me the wrong way
May 31, 2020 12:37 AM

May 2018
ayaan692 said:
MistaAsh said:
She does get better.

she should atleast be nicer to miyuki since he is the reason she even got the position

but there isnt even an ounce of gratitude for that instead she blames him for "not leading with a good example" which is bs
literally everyone in school knows that shirogane is a model student how did she not noticed it in her first year?

Have you been paying attention. That's part of her character. She "though" they broke some rule , and she went off.
I honestly don't know why you hate her so much. Ishigami is the embodiment of someone she doesn't like. A delinquent otaku who plays video games in fucking student council , a place she thought will have strict rules.
She met Chika at a young age and Chika made a special impression on her. That's why she respects her so much.
She IS wrong. She doesn't understand others that well cause she only had one friend till now. But she will develop later (if people here are correct)
I thought she is pretty cute tbh lol.
May 31, 2020 12:45 AM

May 2018
ayaan692 said:
DomineLkira said:

i guess her friend with glasses is also allowed to break rules because she likes her?

Tbf she doesn't know Chika that much. This episode was the only time she saw her breaking rules , and Chika , taking advantage of her impression on Iino , made her break rules too.Iino has this wierd image of Chika that she is a very good girl or something , a repeating joke in the last few episodes
Didn't you saw how uncomfortable she was at first when Chika told her to break rules?
May 31, 2020 12:47 AM
Apr 2020
DomineLkira said:
ayaan692 said:

Have you been paying attention. That's part of her character. She "though" they broke some rule , and she went off.
I honestly don't know why you hate her so much. Ishigami is the embodiment of someone she doesn't like. A delinquent otaku who plays video games in fucking student council , a place she thought will have strict rules.
She met Chika at a young age and Chika made a special impression on her. That's why she respects her so much.
She IS wrong. She doesn't understand others that well cause she only had one friend till now. But she will develop later (if people here are correct)

im glad we agree on the part that she IS wrong
let me correct one thing being biased to someone was not her character up until now
this is the part i strongly disliked
i thought she would also scold chika even if she idolizes her because rules were above everything for her

i hate to see blatant unfair treatment specially towards a guy who actually tried to help her in the election arc
May 31, 2020 12:49 AM

Jan 2020
DomineLkira said:

Accurately summed up!!

ayaan692 said:

She holds Miyuki in very high regard. She realizes how much Miyuki has done for her and helped her out. She respects him a lot. That's why those misunderstandings hit harder.

Plus, you seem to forget that all the students only know how Miyuki, Kaguya and the rest of the SC are on the outside. They don't know abt they're quirkiness and dynamics within the SC, so Iino too doesn't know how they really are and is seeing a new side of them that most students don't see
May 31, 2020 12:49 AM

May 2018
ayaan692 said:
DomineLkira said:

im glad we agree on the part that she IS wrong
let me correct one thing being biased to someone was not her character up until now
this is the part i strongly disliked
i thought she would also scold chika even if she idolizes her because rules were above everything for her

i hate to see blatant unfair treatment specially towards a guy who actually tried to help her in the election arc

Tbf she doesn't know that he helped her does she? That's the problem. She doesn't understand the members that much.
May 31, 2020 12:56 AM
Apr 2020
DomineLkira said:
ayaan692 said:

Tbf she doesn't know Chika that much. This episode was the only time she saw her breaking rules , and Chika , taking advantage of her impression on Iino , made her break rules too.Iino has this wierd image of Chika that she is a very good girl or something , a repeating joke in the last few episodes
Didn't you saw how uncomfortable she was at first when Chika told her to break rules?

i feel you are being too lenient to her just because you find her cute lol
does it matter if it was the only time? fact is chika broke the rules but thats fine according to ino but when someone else breaks it then they get scolded

now she herself broke a rule but i bet she will discipline the student council again for doing it
this is plain hypocrisy
i thought we agreed on that part that she was wrong now dont try to make excuses for her
she needs some character development asap
May 31, 2020 1:03 AM
Apr 2020
MistaAsh

maybe the anime didnt convey that part really well
because i never saw her hold miyuki in high regard even when she thanked him for helping her she was making a rude face

she has also a very disrespectful way to talk to him even kaguya was annoyed at that in the start of the episode before she got distracted
May 31, 2020 1:05 AM

May 2018
ayaan692 said:
DomineLkira said:

does it matter if it was the only time? fact is chika broke the rules but thats fine according to ino but when someone else breaks it then they get scolded

now she herself broke a rule but i bet she will discipline the student council again for doing it
this is plain hypocrisy
i thought we agreed on that part that she was wrong now dont try to make excuses for her

Like you aren't being super harsh cause you probably like Ishigami lol.
I was giving sort of explaination for her behaviour rather than justifying it , but ah well.
May 31, 2020 1:07 AM
Apr 2020
DomineLkira said:
ayaan692 said:

this is plain hypocrisy

Like you aren't being super harsh cause you probably like Ishigami lol.

actually i like everyone in the student council + hayasaka

ino is the only one im having issues with
May 31, 2020 2:58 AM
Mar 2020
Iino have known ishigami since middle school. They always fight like cats and dogs. Its still early but i think upcoming chapter will explain Iino important towards ishigami. they are so similar. We only known iino in council from the anime like 2 episode. Give her some time and u will understand why shes unique and important addition for the council
May 31, 2020 3:17 AM

Jul 2016
Chika is having Ino get involved in the rule breaking. Ino is distracted by this and is thus learning from her senpai. Chika always helps the student council members improve themselves.

The rest of the student council are just ignoring her. This causes her to double down on her pencil pushing because she doesn’t the fault in her behaviour.

TapertrainMay 31, 2020 3:22 AM
May 31, 2020 3:36 AM
May 2019
ayaan692 said:

This one doesn't have in the manga, I find it doesn't make sense, note that the only one time she see Chika sĩne joining the student council is she got taped in her mouth, she doesn't know anything about those shoujo thing.
Jun 13, 2020 4:01 PM

Nov 2007
I guess the latest episode solved it for you.

If Ishii helped her from her trauma in middle school by leaving a letter and a flower for her (strongly implied that it was Ishii), Iino went further by confronting the faculty who wanted to held Ishii back from passing middle school and bar him from joining high school. It was her intervention that got the high school principal notice Ishii's case and Ishii got to have a high school life at Shuchiin at all. They both have been helping each other without the other person knowing and expecting nothing in return.

It is also revealed later that:

Iino's anger is justified.
shanimebibJun 13, 2020 4:04 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 13, 2020 4:31 PM

Mar 2016
Iino hates Ishigami because he is a rule breaker. I think it's important to note she does not listen to rumours, she prefers to get her own judgements of people even it she does misunderstand a lot of things.
I'm not going to spoil more, but even if she hates him (and that's true), in last episode you can see how she was defending him, so Ishi-Miko relationship is more complicated than you can see on the surface.
Jun 13, 2020 6:31 PM

Jul 2019
I FVCKING HATWE MIKO
y'all should watch haibane renmei
Jun 13, 2020 11:36 PM
Jul 2018
shanimebib said:
I guess the latest episode solved it for you.

If Ishii helped her from her trauma in middle school by leaving a letter and a flower for her (strongly implied that it was Ishii), Iino went further by confronting the faculty who wanted to held Ishii back from passing middle school and bar him from joining high school. It was her intervention that got the high school principal notice Ishii's case and Ishii got to have a high school life at Shuchiin at all. They both have been helping each other without the other person knowing and expecting nothing in return.

It is also revealed later that:

Iino's anger is justified.

Maybe it's justified from her point of view, since she sees him as ungrateful. But you are forgetting that Ishigami doesn't know how she helped him, exactly how she doesn't know how he helped her. And as a manga reader, in my opinion Iino is a total stubborn moron who deserves everything she is getting.
Jun 14, 2020 8:03 AM

Jul 2014
As a manga reader, iino became my fav character in the whole series. I can see why u dont like her and i also dislike her from the start. She's the kind of person that i dislike in real life but as the series goes on, shes already in my heart but idk if the anime can convey that to you. She has reasons and i did not feel her being biased to chika in manga.
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jun 14, 2020 9:00 AM

Jan 2017
That's literally her whole personality being shown as someone with a high sense of justice. She hates Ishigami bcoz he usually break school rules despite being part of the student council which she holds sacred. As for her unjustifying fondness of Chika though, still seems to hold strong since she looks up to her when she was a little younger, that's why she sees her baselessly as a prime example of how a shuuchin student should be while being oblivious about Chika's manipulating and satanic personality.
Jun 16, 2020 10:39 AM

Feb 2019
Iino does grow on you, just wait for it and she treats ishigami exactly the way he treats her.
Jun 17, 2020 9:22 AM

Oct 2013
They are different to each other. Iino loves rules, Ishigami doesn't really care about them, and that's the main bone of contention between them.

But y'know, opposites attract, so I think they might start liking each other eventually. :)
Jun 18, 2020 11:52 AM
Apr 2019
That's how her character is buult and she will have developments later
Jun 18, 2020 3:09 PM
Jan 2020
Akzao said:
its all typical shonen cliche where the girl seems to hate the guy at first but they apparently look after each other behind their backs(lol?). but when the guy gets interested in another girl the main girl realises her feelings for him and falls in love with him. its all fcking cliche.

Jun 18, 2020 10:42 PM
May 2019
Akzao said:
iino is rude to ishigami bcuz he breaks school rules. but this is a school after all there must be a lot of other students who break rules, so why is she so fixated on him? thats bcuz the author wrote as such. its all typical shonen cliche where the girl seems to hate the guy at first but they apparently look after each other behind their backs(lol?). but when the guy gets interested in another girl the main girl realises her feelings for him and falls in love with him. its all fcking cliche. i am not a fan of this anime but i dont hate it either. i just think it doesnt deserve all the praise its getting. maybe its bcuz the rest of the season is garbage lol.

Imagine thinking cliche is bad
What make it bad is bad writting and not able to use the trope properly, not the trope itself
Work of litterature has always reuse famous trope since hundred years ago...

If you mean to say "I never say it bad" then ok convo end
TezKJun 18, 2020 10:48 PM
Jun 19, 2020 12:29 AM

Nov 2007
yuhan123 said:
Akzao said:
its all typical shonen cliche where the girl seems to hate the guy at first but they apparently look after each other behind their backs(lol?). but when the guy gets interested in another girl the main girl realises her feelings for him and falls in love with him. its all fcking cliche.

We are a tad oversimplifying things here. Whatever floats the boat I guess.
Coronavirus.
Jun 19, 2020 1:46 AM

Nov 2007
Akzao said:
shanimebib said:

We are a tad oversimplifying things here. Whatever floats the boat I guess.

I hope your 100% hits the mark. Have a good day!
Coronavirus.
Jun 19, 2020 4:44 AM
Oct 2015
Lol people think she will change, even though she hasn't changed much now. Iino is still described as "childish justice" and is still annoying. Narratively, she will end up with Ishigami even though Ishigami now likes other girl, like dozens of other cliche manga, Ishigami might like Iino (and I hate a plot like that unless he is rejected later by the girl he likes), Iino needs a lot of development
Jun 19, 2020 12:01 PM

Jun 2019
ShiroHachi said:
Lol people think she will change, even though she hasn't changed much now. Iino is still described as "childish justice" and is still annoying. Narratively, she will end up with Ishigami even though Ishigami now likes other girl, like dozens of other cliche manga, Ishigami might like Iino (and I hate a plot like that unless he is rejected later by the girl he likes), Iino needs a lot of development

Attack on titan ended on chapter 131 no one can tell me otherwise
Jun 19, 2020 12:03 PM

Jun 2019
ayaan692 said:

tbh i also dont like Iino (current state in anime), yes she is annoying but also cute but she gets better in the manga so I agree and understand your hate towards her. Also, part of the reason why I hate her is bcoz of her unfair treatment of Ishigami while she gives Chika a pass(another character I hate (annoying bruh).
Attack on titan ended on chapter 131 no one can tell me otherwise
Jun 20, 2020 3:36 PM
Mar 2018
shes a tsundere. later in the manga there is some uh, tension between them
Jun 20, 2020 4:22 PM
Apr 2016
pilotinha_ said:
Iino hates Ishigami because he is a rule breaker. I think it's important to note she does not listen to rumours, she prefers to get her own judgements of people even it she does misunderstand a lot of things.
I'm not going to spoil more, but even if she hates him (and that's true), in last episode you can see how she was defending him, so Ishi-Miko relationship is more complicated than you can see on the surface.

People seem to be under the impression that Iino only cares about the rules, but this is a slight oversimplification of Iino's character that results from the story rarely, if ever, telling anything from Iino's perspective.

ShiroHachi said:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

256 by sainazrb »»
May 9, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

366 by Assassin2112 »»
May 2, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aoo-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.