Forum Settings
Forums

Domestic na Kanojo is finally going to be finished. What are your thoughts on it?

Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
May 20, 2020 9:52 AM

Jan 2020
The 25th issue of Weekly Shounen Magazine announced on Wednesday that Kei Sasuga's Domestic na Kanojo (Domestic Girlfriend) manga is ending in three chapters. The 28th issue will publish the final chapter on June 10.

Author Kei Sasuga's famous and controversial manga Domestic na Kanojo is finally coming to an end. After 250+ chapters of extreme spicyness, it's finally going to be over.

What are your thoughts on it?

News Thread
May 20, 2020 12:01 PM

Dec 2019
finally this garbage is coming to an end, bout time.
                                                         🖤   

May 21, 2020 11:42 AM

Oct 2017
Heh why didn’t it end already what else they got to stretch.

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
May 21, 2020 2:08 PM

Oct 2010
I don’t even know what the hell is happening and I’m up to date
May 21, 2020 3:28 PM

Oct 2013
Okay, lots of text incoming because I really enjoyed this one:

As much as Sasuga-kei sensei is criticized often for using some major catalysts to get her characters to move the plot along instead of writing 'em in such a way as to arrive at the conclusion more naturally, people have to admit that she knows how to drama, and at the end of the day, it's spicy,exciting and instigates discussion.

It's basically a Sasuga package deal ~ you take the good with the bad if you wanna enjoy the ride. I'm very familiar with it by now and find DnK super fun to both read & talk about.

As for how the developments proceeded? Coming from the anime a bit over a year ago, and having enjoyed that despite it's many faults before jumping into the manga, I'm glad to see the story's coming full circle.

I still remember this heart-wrenching moment and then how Natsuo uses his passion for writing and inspiration from his time with Hina to write an award winning story to both lift himself out of depression and propel his career as a writer. Hina went into literal exile on the rush to keep his dream alive and alive was.

Now, as we're nearing the end, I'm glad to see the story's coming full circle again. Taboo love story between teacher & student as well as Natsuo's passion for writing being big themes of the DomeKano.

Then there's also Rui who has to grow emotionally(and finally achieved that 272/273 chapters in), understanding what it means to truly love someone, ~ she, despite not exactly being a favorite of mine, is the character that goes through the most growth in this story ~ granted, she also starts at the blankest state compared to the other two so there's plenty of room.

Hina's probably Sasuga's centerpiece character for creating spicy drama and being the one who treasures Natsuo's passion for writing the most, is also the most fitting one to be with him. I especially like how strong Sasuga constantly tests her bond by making her go(and us, her fans...) through some of the most painful situations where at some point you're surprised she didn't crack(lol), yet her love holds and grows stronger as a result. Like, the length this girls goes just to see him succeed, holy shit, remembering moments like these brings out all those PAINFUL FEELS DAMN IT HINA Y U DO THIS TO ME?!:

RIP HEART! ~ fucking hell, I need to do some push-ups now to regain my manliness

It also took A LOT to get Natsuo to stop chasing after her, including Hina herself rejecting him, Shuu's lie & him getting into a relationship with Rui, not to mention 1st break-up. I like how even after being convinced that it's over between him & her, Natsuo still has this sort of natural connection with her where they both hang out & have fun in various slice of life moments, just as it happens with Rui, but you also get moments like these he forces himself to back-off because he remember he's with Rui now and doesn't want to hurt her.

If you couldn't tell by now, I'm team Hina all the way. Given that I'm a firm supporter that a person should follow their passions or at least hard at it in order to achieve true happiness & satisfaction & considering how passionate Natsuo is about his writing, I only had to look who's been the most involved in that part of his life from from early on and throughout the entire manga to know where his heart would most likely always learn towards. Became more sure on that the longer the story went on. You could say this amazing artwork of vol 27 is a solid illustration of a major part of what DomeKano's about:

Admittedly, I did really consider the possibility Kei-sensei either got rushed by her publisher to end this quickly, got bored,stressed or just drunk or something at 249+ the sudden pregnancy off a broken condom thing though, lol, thinking she'd literally leave some very important questions unanswered and just picked the most convenient way to end, but I'm very glad that wasn't the case and now that all cards are on the table, every character gets proper closure. As of ch273 as I'm writing this, Rui already got hers and the other two are not far behind.

Would most definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good romance! But I'd recommend people to read the story for what it is, not what they want it to be. Wrong interpretations could lead to disappointment.

ManlyTearMay 21, 2020 4:41 PM
May 21, 2020 4:13 PM
Jul 2015
Ohh last chapters was so heavy... All that years we readed will end it all in 3 chapters and i wonder how author will end it. I think it's very high chance for Hina now(please wake up), but Rui and their kid... Author please don't screw it up!
I hope whole story will get anime adaptation.
May 21, 2020 4:36 PM

Mar 2019
I've been following this series for over a year now, and i'm sad that my favorite manga series is ending, but all good things do come to an end some day.
My only hope is that Hina gets a good ending with the one she cares the most about, and that it's all tied together nicely.
May 22, 2020 7:54 PM

Feb 2019
I've dug a very deep hole to bury this story in. Along with what was left of my emotional health.
May 22, 2020 10:08 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
I know lots of people are going to be relieved that this story is finally coming to a close, but many people forget that Domestic no kanajo was published through shounen magazine, Kei Sasuga has to meet the publication standards by making as many chapters as possible. I most definitely need to catch up since I stopped at chapter 170 last year, I'm hoping that my favorite ship of Hina and Nat will happen, but I'll live with whatever outcome.
dipItFooMay 25, 2020 9:17 PM
May 25, 2020 11:27 AM

Oct 2017
dipItFoo said:
but many people forget that Domestic no kanajo was published through shounen jump, Kei Sasuga has to meet the publication standards by making as many chapters as possible.
Wrong, wrong and wrong. No one's forgetting that Domekano is a shounen jump manga cause it's not. It's published in Shounen Magazine not Jump. Also meet what standards lmao, it's common for mangas to get axed and not streched to meet the magazine's standards.
May 25, 2020 12:53 PM

Mar 2017
In my opinion this manga should've ended a few arcs ago. The past three arcs have been completely pointless and it's kinda ruined my view of the manga as a whole. I used to love this but now it's like 'meh'.

I will be sad to see it go but like I said; it dragged on.
May 25, 2020 9:14 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
MegamiRem said:
dipItFoo said:
but many people forget that Domestic no kanajo was published through shounen jump, Kei Sasuga has to meet the publication standards by making as many chapters as possible.
Wrong, wrong and wrong. No one's forgetting that Domekano is a shounen jump manga cause it's not. It's published in Shounen Magazine not Jump. Also meet what standards lmao, it's common for mangas to get axed and not streched to meet the magazine's standards.

Right Magazine not jump thank you for the correction, but regardless its a huge publication the main goal is too keep the story going on as long as possible, Sasuga is a high selling mangaka in Japan it would make sense for the publication to urge her to create more chapters//volumes. There are few mangakas that have the liberty to just end the series when they decide too, those are generally in the seinen category. I wasn't trying to sell you on manga just wanted for people to understand why it has been going on as long as it has been.
dipItFooMay 25, 2020 9:19 PM
May 25, 2020 9:21 PM
Mar 2019
To bad I didn't drop this a year ago
May 25, 2020 10:15 PM

Nov 2011
There's better romance Manga out there. This was an interesting and quite entertaining manga up until Chapter 170. But it just dragged and dragged until there was drugs. and murder and car accidents that make you say to yourself "What the fuck is this author doing with this forced drama?"

Also I felt towards the end there was a lack in Sasuga's art. It just seemed not what it once was.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 26, 2020 7:45 AM

Apr 2020
It was already finished few chapters ago. Now it's just pointless drama.
I neither agree nor disagree, on the contrary.
May 26, 2020 5:03 PM

Aug 2008
I hesitate on having any expectations on how well this will end but I'll always remember the spice of the first half of this manga.
May 28, 2020 5:19 AM
Nov 2018
It was a nice ride. Quite a manga. Luckily I didn't get very emotionally invested in the characters. I was here just for the drama, which this manga definitely provided.
May 28, 2020 5:38 AM

Jan 2010
I only watched the anime but I want to know, who wins? Hina or Rui?
May 28, 2020 6:57 AM

Jan 2020
CrimsonMidnight said:

Rui wins. Rui is the one that gets Natsuo's seed.
May 28, 2020 7:04 AM

Jan 2010
IrrelevantGuy said:
CrimsonMidnight said:

I mean, like, getting Natsuo's love, not dick.
So, Rui or Hina?
May 28, 2020 7:10 AM

Jan 2020
CrimsonMidnight said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

So, Rui or Hina?

That's what I meant. In the end, Natsuo falls in love with Rui and here's a MAJOR spoiler for you.

May 28, 2020 7:11 AM

Jan 2010
IrrelevantGuy said:
CrimsonMidnight said:

So, Rui or Hina?

That's what I meant. In the end, Natsuo falls in love with Rui and here's a MAJOR spoiler for you.

WELP.
Good for the fans I guess...
May 28, 2020 8:22 AM

Jul 2017
CrimsonMidnight said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

WELP.
Good for the fans I guess...

That person's not up to date with the current situation (at least based on their list) so let me just tell you they are wrong. Right now........it's complicated, to say the least. Currently, it's leaning towards Hina albeit the fact that she
. The penultimate chapter (which comes out next week) is more than likely who's gonna win but there's still chances of both winning.

Honestly saying, this last arc completely demolished all the series had going for it lolol
May 30, 2020 6:00 PM

Jan 2009
CrimsonMidnight said:
Your better off making your own headcanon because the current path is going to be a mess, if you really want to know though, you'll know in a week or 2, depending on how long they drag it out, but just a warning, i don't expect either shippers fans to be happy when all is said and done.

As for my opinion on the series, it should have ended over 100 chapters ago.
May 30, 2020 6:45 PM

May 2015
I think the series has gone downhill in the last 30 or so chapters, and I think this ending is especially bad so far, but everything before that was pretty damn good imo. I lost my investment along the way, but I felt very strongly about it for most of it's run. So despite the weak final stretch, I definitely don't regret reading it. Plus, it gave us Rui, who is one of my favorite characters now. I absolutely adore her. :)

Jun 2, 2020 5:52 AM

Aug 2018
Thank fuck. This is like watching a dumpster fire in slow motion
_______I like rocks__
Jun 2, 2020 7:10 AM
Aug 2010
it shouldve end at chapter 271. wouldve been sad as hell but at least it wouldve been simple and conclusive. life is life lets move on. but no instead we get Those constant shifts in direction. Thank god its ending but damn is it not gonna be a great one. at Keis other work even tho had a rushes ending, it wasnt a dumpster fire. Will her next work manage to xo even worst ?
Jun 2, 2020 8:08 PM

Nov 2007
This manga can only be redeemed if the score is below 6.00 in MAL. But I will pin my hope on below 7.00 for the time being. Let's have some of our faith back in the manga community by helping others not get tricked by this trash.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 187 Discussion

Shikkakku - Jan 3, 2020

4 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 19, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 270 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Short_Circut - Apr 21, 2020

83 by Saijiroo »»
Mar 24, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 276 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Short_Circut - Jun 8, 2020

220 by Lord_Deathsuki »»
Mar 15, 12:23 PM

» For the sake of happiness...

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

3 by itzswxzy »»
Mar 13, 8:57 AM

» What I Think.......

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

4 by Kidzuna »»
Mar 13, 12:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.