Forum Settings
Forums
Drifting Net Cafe
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2020 8:54 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I liked the ending. It's down to earth and it gives the reader a good message about taking responsibilities.

It's hard to rate this series because it had lots of ups and downs. It touches a lot of topics, like coming to terms with your past, escapism and modern way of life. On the other hand, Terasawa using Miku as a sex slave to get 8 people (!!!) on his side was too much and that bloodbath in the end doesn't seem right for something that started as a Sci-Fi Mystery. At least that's the way I see it.

The biggest payoff is seeing Oshimi's evolution as a mangaka. From Yuutai Nova to Hyouryuu Net Cafe to Aku No Hana and the most recent Chi No Wadachi, he has come a long way both as an artist and a storyteller. I hope one day all of his works get a physical release in English
Jul 7, 2020 7:07 AM
Apr 2020
I loved the ending, it's really strange to read this manga after reading recent works of oshimi, always gave the feeling of questioning if this is the same guy who did aku no hana and hapiness.
I was a surprise how everything in the end became a journey of maturing, and really loved how the "villain" himself gave a vision that understands what the protagonist tries to keep, his past.
I hope one day I can have the manga physically, and now I will read new yuutai, hope i will like.
Sep 16, 2020 7:17 AM

Aug 2016
pretty decent manga at the beginning, but by the time I reached the last volume, I just didnt care about the story. A shame because I like survivals. And Drifting classroom did it way better.
:v
Oct 27, 2020 6:49 PM
Nov 2015
I liked it. I dont get the ribbon part during the final pages of this chapter though.
Mar 20, 2021 5:42 PM
Mar 2021
wuzZAP said:
I liked it. I dont get the ribbon part during the final pages of this chapter though.
I feel that is Toki’s wife asking about the ribbon he was holding when he woke up (came back from the other reality). The ribbon is part of the female japanese’s school uniform (the one that Kaho’s used to wear) so i believe is a representation of their relationship, and his love for her. When he says he threw away, is just him saying that he’ll finally let the past in the past, and now focus on the present and future with his family. (english is not my first language, I hope u could understand my line of thought lol)
Apr 16, 2021 12:35 AM

Aug 2011
It had pretty nice ending. People try to cope with their past in different ways, and this showed some twisted view point, but they were alright in the end. How we have to face things, accept them, take responsibilities for our actions, stop looking at the past and expect the future. To me the whole story was summarised with that ribbon scene - coming in terms of the past and letting it go.
Apr 25, 2021 2:20 AM
Feb 2010
So he is just stuck with a wife he doesnt truly love, and a child he doesnt truly want- forever?
Sep 18, 2022 12:46 AM
Jan 2022
MichaelJackson said:
pretty decent manga at the beginning, but by the time I reached the last volume, I just didnt care about the story. A shame because I like survivals. And Drifting classroom did it way better.

I really liked the ending. It gave me inception vibes with the bow. His wife seems like she would have made a big deal of that. Thanks for the suggestion, I dropped the anime because I thought it was meh but I bet the manga is better.
Feb 27, 2023 9:43 AM
Jan 2020
Amazing ending
It was good seeing that the protagonist finally moved on from his old love
Mar 7, 5:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I think the overall ideas of the manga are pretty good and original, it just could have been much better on most aspects

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouryuu Net Cafe Chapter 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2017

2 by insidemari »»
Feb 20, 2023 5:38 AM

Poll: » Hyouryuu Net Cafe Chapter 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2014

1 by DisguisedHyper »»
Jun 8, 2021 3:49 PM

Poll: » Hyouryuu Net Cafe Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

2 by wind_scar »»
Apr 15, 2021 9:45 AM

» Chapters 49 to 54 are missed in every source...

HozayfaHB - Aug 23, 2020

2 by terr1blenick »»
Oct 14, 2020 8:26 AM

Poll: » Hyouryuu Net Cafe Chapter 54 Discussion

NaughtyNoddy - Apr 30, 2020

1 by HozayfaHB »»
Aug 23, 2020 8:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.