Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 23, 2020 10:12 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2020 10:13 AM
Feb 2017
If that’s true then I’ll have to watch it.
Apr 23, 2020 10:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
https://twitter.com/Spytrue/status/1253372039563542533

Spy approves, it seems.

BokuBen treatment to sign things off with the 2nd Season?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 23, 2020 10:22 AM

Jun 2016
Bitch I predicted that shit with my expert math skills
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1826071&show=0#msg59463393
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 23, 2020 11:19 AM

Oct 2012
And win .. manga spoiler
Apr 23, 2020 11:29 AM

Oct 2010
First of all, people need to stop using Spytrue as a source for anything. He's the same guy that said this was airing in Summer just days before it was announced for Fall (no chance he got outdated info, just wrong info). He has like a 60% accuracy rate or something, which is no where near good enough to be called a reliable source. He has a 50% chance of being correct about this because it's extremely common for harem anime to have original endings. Most of us expect one because there's little incentive for them to adapt the entire manga properly.

If it has an original ending I expect

1. A non-ending. Single cour rushed with no real conclusion

Or

2. Harem ending where everyone wins. Also rushed but even dumber since s1 hyper up the single bride. I highly doubt they'll change who won given that the narrative made her the only real possible winner. All the pieces sprinkled throughout the story and what not. Anyone else winning would feel random AF.

But more importantly it would just piss off a lot more people.Picking any of the other girls would just upset the other fans. The girl who won was most people's 2nd choice at worst due to the fact that the story was written for her to win and it was very clear how the pieces fit in her favor.Most people in Japan seemed very happy with her winning, too. So changing the winner would just restart the fights. Unless they ALL win. Which would be dumb AF. So I think a non-ending is more realistic.
KougeruApr 23, 2020 11:32 AM
Apr 23, 2020 12:09 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Well, that's why I tagged the title as a Rumor since there's no valid source for now.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 23, 2020 12:14 PM

Dec 2019
Kougeru said:

2. Harem ending where everyone wins. Also rushed but even dumber since s1 hyper up the single bride. I highly doubt they'll change who won given that the narrative made her the only real possible winner. All the pieces sprinkled throughout the story and what not. Anyone else winning would feel random AF.

But more importantly it would just piss off a lot more people.Picking any of the other girls would just upset the other fans. The girl who won was most people's 2nd choice at worst due to the fact that the story was written for her to win and it was very clear how the pieces fit in her favor.Most people in Japan seemed very happy with her winning, too. So changing the winner would just restart the fights. Unless they ALL win. Which would be dumb AF. So I think a non-ending is more realistic.

Seriously tho if they make something like this it would be so retarded, i really hope they don't we'll see, tbh i liked the ending of the manga it was well deserved for the one that won in the end.
                                                         🖤   

Apr 23, 2020 3:39 PM

Jul 2017
Meh, i didn't like the manga ending at all, but im also afraid of this (if it actually happens). A 2nd season wouldn't be enough to cover the rest of the manga, unless they do 24 episodes, but an original ending for this... is a big risk imo
Apr 24, 2020 3:59 AM

Jan 2020
WaterLord said:
Meh, i didn't like the manga ending at all, but im also afraid of this (if it actually happens). A 2nd season wouldn't be enough to cover the rest of the manga, unless they do 24 episodes, but an original ending for this... is a big risk imo
Anything would be better than the manga ending imo
May 1, 2020 3:53 AM
Sep 2015
The manga ending is kinda of a let down, because the ending was clearly rushed. I don't have any problem who won in the end, but in the manga it's not believable enough, felt like all the mysteries and excitement didn't need to be exist at all for the winner to be chosen. It had me thinking "what the fuck, that's it ?".

I'm down if there will be alternate ending, at least it will give us a little bit of refreshment. And if they decided to go with the original ending that's fine too, but at least they have to make it more believable than the manga ending..
May 2, 2020 9:19 AM

Dec 2019
Laurentius08 said:
The manga ending is kinda of a let down, because the ending was clearly rushed. I don't have any problem who won in the end, but in the manga it's not believable enough, felt like all the mysteries and excitement didn't need to be exist at all for the winner to be chosen. It had me thinking "what the fuck, that's it ?".

I'm down if there will be alternate ending, at least it will give us a little bit of refreshment. And if they decided to go with the original ending that's fine too, but at least they have to make it more believable than the manga ending..

Hmm how is it not believable enough ? you seriously said this lmfao, she was the one he met as a kid and loved all those years plus she made him change from a "deliquent" into a guy that was studying hard enough to get at each test a 100, same with the girl she loved him since she was little, lmfao idk if you are straight up being dumb rn on purpose xD and if you remember
                                                         🖤   

May 3, 2020 1:56 PM
Apr 2019
I don't think they will go for Alternative ending its low probably the anime end with open ending or they would show all of them won multiple endings can be good too (wich probably will rushed)
May 7, 2020 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
I guess if they need to save the series it should be a tie between all the girls.. and the dream would be just a dream.. otherwise i don't think all those bitter fans whose ships sank hard would be happy lol
Jun 1, 2020 7:02 PM
May 2018
I'm fine with the manga ending.. I think that that the one who won deserved it so i don't want that ( original Ending ) to happen
Jun 10, 2020 3:24 PM

Jul 2015
Well, no surprise here, because the tradition of the worst, most obnoxious and insufferable thunderer winning must be upheld.

Jun 11, 2020 2:47 AM

Jan 2020
Kougeru said:
First of all, people need to stop using Spytrue as a source for anything. He's the same guy that said this was airing in Summer just days before it was announced for Fall (no chance he got outdated info, just wrong info). He has like a 60% accuracy rate or something, which is no where near good enough to be called a reliable source. He has a 50% chance of being correct about this because it's extremely common for harem anime to have original endings. Most of us expect one because there's little incentive for them to adapt the entire manga properly.

Or

I'd guess on a open-leave-it-to-your-imagination end so as to not give the pure anime fans the same kind of dissatisfaction the manga fans experienced. I could be wrong but if the rumour is true that's where my money would be.
Jun 11, 2020 3:49 PM
Jul 2018
It can have any end it wants as far as I'm concerned. The manga had such a drop off in quality after the festival arc until the end that the anime couldn't possibly be more disappointing.
Jun 14, 2020 9:40 AM
Jan 2016
For me, there is no problem sticking with manga ending provided that there is a romantic development for the girl Futaro chose. I think majority of people hate the manga ending because it happen out of nowhere. Imagine you ask your friend what meal for lunch and they give hint about a chicken. It might be fried chicken, chicken chop or chicken-related meals but turn out it was Fish and Chips.
Jun 15, 2020 11:05 PM
Jan 2020
I’m praying for an anime only ending with an alternate ending! I still have hope and want my quint to be the one! Trying not to spoil!
Oct 18, 2020 3:42 AM
Jun 2020
Kougeru said:

Or

If it did get an alternate ending. I think it would be more entertaining because a lot of people want something different. If they like how the manga ends, they should stick with the manga. And if they like how the anime ends, they should stick with the anime. People didn't like the ending of the "MANGA" Because, No one expect who wins and its Just too random. No one actually like the girl winning. Maybe a small amount of people liked the girl but The Majority is just accepting it and said "its just an anime" .We know those type of people is holding their anger and sadness.WEE ALL KNOW WHO'S THE BEST GIRL IN IT? OF COURSE MIKU SHOULD'VE WON

So Don't believe on KOUGERU'S opinion!!!
Oct 18, 2020 4:10 AM
Jun 2020
biscy said:
Laurentius08 said:

Hmm how is it not believable enough ? you seriously said this lmfao, she was the one he met as a kid and loved all those years plus she made him change from a "deliquent" into a guy that was studying hard enough to get at each test a 100, same with the girl she loved him since she was little, lmfao idk if you are straight up being dumb rn on purpose xD and if you remember
Bruh, So in your opinion the one that met him FIRST deserved to win? stop your stupid delusional Dumb mindset. They all loved him, so they all equally deserved it. Lets put the changing personality on the side, it doesn't really effect who deserves him because they all loved him, THATS HOW HAREM WORKS. IF YOUR THAT TYPE OF PERSON, WATCH DRAMA ANIME'S

Oct 18, 2020 11:44 PM

Dec 2019
Weebsdyrmz123 said:
biscy said:

Bruh, So in your opinion the one that met him FIRST deserved to win? stop your stupid delusional Dumb mindset. They all loved him, so they all equally deserved it. Lets put the changing personality on the side, it doesn't really effect who deserves him because they all loved him, THATS HOW HAREM WORKS. IF YOUR THAT TYPE OF PERSON, WATCH DRAMA ANIME'S

lmfao you dumb retard, my point is, he fell in love with yotsuba at first,cause ofc he met her first, and all the time he was a grown up he still loved her, did you even read the manga ? or are you just a peanut brain with no braincells ?
-nv-Oct 18, 2020 11:47 PM
                                                         🖤   

Oct 19, 2020 12:00 AM
Jun 2020
-nv- said:
Weebsdyrmz123 said:

lmfao you dumb retard, my point is, he fell in love with yotsuba at first,cause ofc he met her first, and all the time he was a grown up he still loved her, did you even read the manga ? or are you just a peanut brain with no braincells ?
Of course I read the damn manga You dumb bitch, You didn't get my point at all. My point is, the other girls deserved to win too because LOVE IS LOVE doesn't matter who loves first and last. And I never said that Yotsuba don't deserve to win. I BET UR JUST A FAT CUNT SITTING ON THE COUCH EVERYDAY ISN'T IT? Get other peoples point first then you talk Ya Fatneek
Oct 19, 2020 12:13 AM

Dec 2019
Weebsdyrmz123 said:
-nv- said:

Of course I read the damn manga You dumb bitch, You didn't get my point at all. My point is, the other girls deserved to win too because LOVE IS LOVE doesn't matter who loves first and last. And I never said that Yotsuba don't deserve to win. I BET UR JUST A FAT CUNT SITTING ON THE COUCH EVERYDAY ISN'T IT? Get other peoples point first then you talk Ya Fatneek

man you maaaad asl cause yo bitch didnt won huh ? 😩
                                                         🖤   

Oct 19, 2020 12:19 AM
Jun 2020
-nv- said:
Weebsdyrmz123 said:

-nv- said:
Weebsdyrmz123 said:

I said all of them deserved it
😂. ok, ur getting delusional now Lmao ya fatty hahaha
Oct 19, 2020 12:22 AM

Dec 2019
Weebsdyrmz123 said:
-nv- said:

-nv- said:

lmfao i aint got time to be talking to some looser like you, and you said they all deserved it so whats ur problem dog ? i dont get it now stop quoting me you dumb mofo
-nv-Oct 19, 2020 12:39 AM
                                                         🖤   

Oct 19, 2020 12:52 AM
Jun 2020
-nv- said:
Weebsdyrmz123 said:

lmfao kys i aint got time to be talking to some looser like you, and you said they all deserved it so whats ur problem dog ? i dont get it now stop quoting me you dumb mofo
What you mean a looser? I literally Talk Facts LOL. Stop acting like your not a looser lmao, You said "dog" hahahaha. My problem with you at first is cause you don't talk facts
😂. You pissed off? You sounds like a person that has no words left lol. Sorry bro, this is just an entertainment. Sorry, dont take it personal
😂
Oct 26, 2020 10:31 PM

Dec 2019
seriously tho why do they want to ruin it and have an anime original ending, just let best girl win just like in the manga, im gonna be disappointed if its the other way around or the cliché harem ending
Only you know what you've seen, heard and felt, someone else's opinion is irrelevant.

-Kurenai, Deca Dence
Nov 25, 2020 2:31 AM
Feb 2018
Not a chance, however, I do see this anime taking a Clannad approach and making 4 seperate OVAs showing what would it be like if the other girls were picked. Lets just hope!
Nov 25, 2020 10:03 AM
Jan 2018
Well it's not going to adapt the whole manga and apparently this was supposed to come out this year before the manga ended so it will probably have a anime original ending
Nov 26, 2020 3:11 PM

Jul 2017
Interesting...
I'm usually a single girl ending guy, but in this particular series, the other 4 girls getting their own routes with Fuutarou (Bokuben treatment) would be so nice since they've been too equal all this time to not see the alternate possibility. Maybe adapts the original manga ending then give us some OVAs of alternate ending of the 4 losing girls? <3
Nov 27, 2020 1:59 AM
Jul 2020
Ohh..I hope it is true..coz i didn't like the ending though
Nov 27, 2020 2:05 AM

Mar 2020
I only have one thing to say : Lmfao at everyone who believe this
Nov 30, 2020 6:20 AM

Jul 2014
I highly doubt we'll get an OG anime ending. Been 7 mos since that rumor and no follow up.
Why ruin a great ending that the manga had? that being said we may not even get a S3...
Dec 2, 2020 7:00 AM

Mar 2016
Even if the anime gets original ending I seriously doubt they'd pick a different "chosen" girl. I think it's more possible an open ending than choosing a different girl.
Dec 21, 2020 7:45 PM
Dec 2018
I support an anime original ending where in the last episode, Fuutaro reveals that he's gay and introduces the quints to his new bf.
Dec 24, 2020 4:46 AM
Jan 2018
Anime original ending can mean anything
Dec 24, 2020 5:26 AM

Jun 2020
YAHOO

I cannot explain how happy I am, someone spoiled the ending to me and now that I know that the anime will have a different ending, I'll gladly watch the anime and read the manga completely, this is the best news I've heard this week, even though this is a post from April 23 O.o

I said keep your hands on the table
Dec 24, 2020 5:34 AM

Oct 2020
I wonder why people don't like the manga ending, even Japanese fans don't mind about the manga ending, Tell me what made you all dislike the manga ending?? what's the reason just because the girl you like lost in the manga LOL.

Dec 30, 2020 9:09 PM
Feb 2020
Thank God, that ending left me kind of empty ngl
Dec 31, 2020 11:02 PM
Dec 2020
Snow_dropindo99 said:
I wonder why people don't like the manga ending, even Japanese fans don't mind about the manga ending, Tell me what made you all dislike the manga ending?? what's the reason just because the girl you like lost in the manga LOL.

Because it is terrible. That's why so many people hate it. Now, you have basically 2 groups here, with some crossover: Group 1 hates simply because their girl lost. Then you have others, and there's lots of us, who despised the ending because it makes no sense at all, and is actually contradicted in many ways by facts that Negi set up in the manga.

Negi was following the rules of mystery stories, but instead of a murder, we have a marriage! There are important rules for mysteries to work, and Negi was following them: You have to set things up so that after you've (hopefully) fooled the audience, after the reveal, the reader/viewer can go back and look things over and say, "Aha! That's where I was tricked!" Negi successfully did this twice: When he revealed that Yotsuba was the Kyoto Girl, he takes us back and we see where everything fits, from her spying on Itsuki and Futaro on their moonlight walk to why she's following Futaro around babbling to him when they first meet in high school. The other time was when Ichika revealed that she had recognized Futaro from when she saw him wearing the blonde wig on the school trip.

But this ending? Because he wants a girl who'll stand by him?!? There's no set up, no looking back to see where he fell in love with her. He picked Yotsuba for ZERO valid reason for her being special.

Further, at the end of chapter 68, the end of the wonderful Scrambled Eggs arc, there are only 2 possible Quints he could be talking about, as that being when he first started thinking of his bride as special, and neither of them is named Yotsuba.

Ichika and Yotsuba have barely any interactions with Futaro in this arc. Yotsuba's big scene is an infodump as to why they're all dressed as Itsuki. FYI: The first girl he recognized on his own was Itsuki during the school trip when she was faking being Ichika. You could also technically claim recognizing Miku in her bed when he woke up during the sleepover. But the first was NEVER Yotsuba. Meaning Negi either lied, retconeed or forgot this when he included it in the confession chapter. Ichika and Yotsuba have important time in this arc, but it's with each other, not with Futaro.

Nino shows Futaro spunk, but just enough to barely register. This arc is mainly 2 girls time to gain ground and impress Futaro: The always popular Miku and misunderstood Itsuki. This is Miku's chapter to shine, and boy, does she! She's clearly a strong possibilty as the girl Futaro is talking about. But so is Itsuki. Now, who stands by and helps the guy who wants someone to stand by him throughout this arc? Not Yostsuba, but Itsuki. Itsuki clearly graduates with Futaro to the level of deep friendship, so she would also have made a positive impression with Futaro this arc. Different from Miku, but still a strong impression.

And then, it gets worse. We're supposed to believe that despite being engaged for 5 years and already living together, Yotsuba has NEVER told Futaro that she was the girl who kissed him at the bell in ch. 68, and implies that she never told him that she was the Kyoto Girl, or that Ichika was Kyoto Girl # 2. Take this from a man who's been married for more than 2 decades: That level of lack of communication is fatal for a marriage (and in case you're woondering what a married man is doing typing all this on New Year's Day/Eve, depending upon where you are when this posts, the wife is asleep with a content smile on her face, with an empty champagne bottle in our trash).

The ending is just so bad and feels so unnatural. Negi cheated. It's like a mystery author pulling you along with 200 pages of a great murder mystery, then you come across 100 blank pages and then find a note from the author saying he/she lied, and that the killer was the driver of the cab who dropped off the detective on the first page of the novel and who we haven't seen since.

There were so many dramatic possibilities that were just flatout missed. A lot of this was because Negi decided to unexpectedly drop this manga. Maybe he planned to retcon scenes from the Scrambled Eggs arc to put all the Quints on an equal footing, not where there were only 2 real candidates in Miku and Itsuki with a 100-1 longshot in Nino and Ichika and Yotsuba disqualified. But he Negi had decided that the girl he wanted was Yotsuba, despite the facts not fitting. He forced that ending and the result is a train wreck.

Ichika was still working on redemption from her lies during the Sisters War. Nino was getting better all the time, but wasn't there yet. Itsuki had secured her place with deep friendship and was poised for more, and Miku was in perfect position to either move on or be the Bride. Yotsuba? At that moment she was the most pathetic of the Quints, the weakest of all of them mentally, and I HATE that trope of confessing to the weakest girl to solve all her problems.

Another issue" I've seen in a lot of forums talk about haow Yotsuba was helping her sisters pursue Futaro. BS. She did nothing other than get out of the way. The sister who did help the others? Itsuki. We're talking about a girl who bought "Do me now" panties in front of Futaro's little sister because Yotsuba is still wearing kiddie panties.

Oh, and if you reread the chapter where Yotsuba faked confessed a real confession, at the end you'll see it left no impression on Futaro; at least Negi remembered that enough not to include it in Futaro's memories of Yotsuba during his confession.

There's so much more here, but Yotsuba was the worst choice Futaro could've made. Then when we get into the reasons for him choosing her, we discover that the reasons make ZERO sense because all of her sisters fit Futaro's reasons for picking her BETTER than Yotsuba does!
GeneralFanDec 31, 2020 11:05 PM
Jan 1, 2021 2:08 PM

Mar 2016
GeneralFan said:
Snow_dropindo99 said:

Analyzing the manga there are plenty reasons for him to have chosen who he chose. But, exactly as you say, in the final volume not one of those was properly explained. The ending was shit because it was so goddamn rushed, and without analyzing properly the manga it feels like his decision was out of nowhere. The final volume was a mistake.
EDIT: If you want to know the analysis I got about the winner, see this document:
pilotinha_Jan 1, 2021 3:03 PM
Jan 1, 2021 5:28 PM
Dec 2020
pilotinha_ said:
GeneralFan said:

Analyzing the manga there are plenty reasons for him to have chosen who he chose. But, exactly as you say, in the final volume not one of those was properly explained. The ending was shit because it was so goddamn rushed, and without analyzing properly the manga it feels like his decision was out of nowhere. The final volume was a mistake.
EDIT: If you want to know the analysis I got about the winner, see this document:

Respectfully, that is not so much analysis as an exhaustive compilation of Yotsuba moments. True analysis would be to do the same for all 5 Quints and contrast and compare. :-)

Such compilations simply show that all the girls loved Futaro, and such compilations could be used to justify why Futaro would pick any of the 5 girls. Just showing that a girl is loveable doesn't mean a thing; ALL the Quints were and are loveable!

My analysis of the manga is why I have a problem with the choice. There's ZERO way for any reader to go back and find clues as to this choice, like there was with the earlier revelations about Yotsuba and Ichika recognizing Futaro. And I mean specific clues. Yotsuba saying she wants to make Raiha her sister is foreshadowing we can see, but it doesn't explain anything.

Indeed, an analysis of the manga eliminates both Ichika and Yotsuba from any possibility of being the Bride after the results of the Scrambled Eggs arc. What would cause him to think Yotsuba is special in that arc? Getting an infodump and easily tricking her into revealing her identity? Compare that to Miku's interaction with him on the romance side, and Itsuki's friendship and help. Miku gets the big scene, but Itsuki soends the most time, ahem,"Standing by his side" in this arc.

Futaro's confession remains the worst I've ever seen. There is nothing in that confession that is special about Yotsuba. Seriously, replace Yotsuba's name in that confession with any of her sisters and it works just as well as it does for Yotsuba. It is the most generic confession...EVER!

Instead of pinpointing scenes that caused him to fall for Yotsuba, we just get generic nonsense about needing someone who will stand by him.

My own take on things was that going into the confession, Ichika and Yotsuba had been eliminated by the Scrambled Eggs arc. But even if that was ignored, Ichika had not yet recovered the lost status from her actions in the Sisters War. Yotsuba's character, despite the massive infodump, was an absolute mess, with the least foundation of any of the characters (except for Futaro himself). Nino was still on the outside, but her character was getting better and better all the time. I felt that Itsuki was perfectly set up to be either the Bride or the main red herring of the manga. Of all the Quints, she's the one we'd least seen internalizing her feelings for Futaro. There were only 2 possible reasons for that to have happened in such a deliberate fashion; to fool us or because she was the Bride. Ironically, Itsuki, like Yotsuba, had a major issue that had not been resolved, her need to act as the mother to her sisters, versus Yotsuba's need to put her sisters first. Miku was perfectly set up to be the Bride, or to move on with her life. Miku is in a way the most infuriating "character" of the manga: Negi did such a magnificent job with her growth throughout the series that it's a wonder how he failed so miserably with Yotsuba's character. The weak Miku had grown to be strong and independent enough that you knew she would be fine if she wasn't the Bride, and perfect if she was The Bride. The one issue I have is that Miku was so perfect a choice by the end, there'd have been zero surprise.

What I had expected to happen was for Futaro to help Itsuki and Yotsuba reolve their issues, have all the Quints be on the same, even playing field when it came to their strengths and at that point a choice would be made. Negi's decision to bail on this manga long before its planned end possibly undermined it. The publisher wanted Itsuki, but Negi wanted Yotsuba. The problem was that Yotsuba was the least ready as a character to be the Bride. We'll never know exactly how Negi wanted the characters to be prior to the planned choice some 100-200 chapters down the road that never happened, but Yotsuba would surely have been better developed at that point. But instead of making a choice that fit (and all 4 other sisters fit better than Yotsuba at that point) we get the following: It's either a dream, or a harem ending, as he's going on a honeymoon with his new wife and 4 sisters-in-laws who've shown that they have no men in their lives and have not gotten over him or moved on in their romantic lives (if a girl has serious relationship with a guy: 1. She takes him to her sister's wedding, and 2. Doesn't go on a honeymoon trip with her sister and her new husband).

Negi failed so hard and on so many levels with this ending that as wall of text as this is, it doesn't even scratch the surface.
Jan 1, 2021 5:58 PM
Dec 2020
Anime original ending could mean a number of possibilities: same girl but better character development for her, better reasons for the choice. Open-ended, with the Bride's ID never being revealed. Open-ended, part 2, where we never even get to that level of a finale (based on season 1's pacing, ch. 68 is a perfect ending point). This show really needs at least 3 seasons to properly conclude. Lastly, a different girl is picked.

My own feeling is that this manga is perfect for a visual novel, with 5 different routes. The reason for this is that the MC of this manga and anime is not Futaro; it is the harem of 5 sisters, 5 identical quintuplets who deeply love each other, care for each other, and, of course, can aggravate each other as only close sisters can.

Anything would be an improvement over the train wreck ending Negi gifted us with.
Jan 1, 2021 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
Some thoughts of mine
Jan 2, 2021 2:48 AM

Mar 2016
GeneralFan said:
pilotinha_ said:

But I still agree the ending was shit, it doesn't explain anything at all.
Jan 2, 2021 11:49 AM

May 2016
@pilotinha_

I have to disagree with you entirely. The problem I have with Yotsuba is that she did NOTHING to help herself. She kept everything a secret for no good reason and the only reason why she won was because she got lucky and that Fuutarou wanted a loyal friend rather than a loving companion(and by loyal friend I'm not talking about the human kind). Hell, he never even says "I love you" to her. Yes, we saw him "practice" saying that but we never actually see him do it and we're left to assume. Shouldn't that be the first thing you say when you confess to the girl you like? And you can't use the introvert excuse anymore at that point. After all the time Fuutarou spent with the quints he should better by now. Instead he just asked her how she felt and then just thanks her for all her support. If that isn't an eye opener on Fuutarou's true character and how he views the quints then I don't know what will.

Getting back to Yotsuba, the point I'm trying to get at is that she had plenty of opportunities to come clean with both Fuutarou and her sisters and she chose not to. Why? Because of the inferiority complex she created on herself. She feels guilty and unworthy because she broke a childhood promise and that she ruined her sisters school lives.

Now ask yourself this, does Fuutarou really strike you as someone who would get upset over a silly promise like that? Even if he had there was plenty of time for them to make up. As for her sisters, they were the ones who decided to take the fall with her and they've never complained or blamed her for it. So what does she have to feel guilty about?

It's clear that Negi wanted Yotsuba to win but he had no idea what to do with her character and just gave up. There were so many different directions he could have taken Yotsuba's character, like her becoming a better person worthy of Fuutarou's love or perhaps making the decision to let Fuutarou go and start living her own life. Instead he chose the most controversial one, because apparently that the perfect solution. Just wait for some big strong man to show and all your problems will be solved!

Negi tried so hard to portray as Yotsuba as this "tragic" character who's only hope for happiness was Fuutarou. She built her entire existence around Fuutarou. Without him, she's nothing but a pathetic loser who created her own misery and did nothing get herself out of it. Even Itsuki had given up on her despite all the help she tried to give. In the end, Yotsuba became the real villain of the story. She took advantage of Itsuki's kindness and then went behind her sisters' back by stealing a kiss from Fuutarou under the bell even after promising to give them a fair chance.

And don't try to defend by saying that it was an accident or that Yotsuba acted out of impulse. It doesn't matter if it was or not. The fact that she went back there with the intention of doing that is what makes it wrong and inexcusable. Yotsuba's "love" for Fuutarou was more of an obsession for she can't seem to do anything without him. Hell, I'll go as far as saying that she doesn't even see Fuutarou as a human being. She only sees him as a way to escape her problems.

If we're going to go by Fuutarou making his decision based on who supported him the most than Itsuki should have won by a landslide because she supported him more than Yotsuba or any other quint did combined. I could make a list but this post is long enough already, and while I'm not a fan of the first girl trope either in this case I would have been totally fine with it because in all honesty Fuutarou and Itsuki had really good chemistry together.

And speaking of first girl trope, let me fill you on something you proably don't know about. In early interviews Negi was discussing how he hated the first girl trope and how he wanted to avoid it. However, when the manga was coming to a close he released separate character artbooks for each quint where he talks about them individually. In Yotsuba's art book, he reveals that that it was actually Yotsuba, not Itsuki, who originally suppose to be the first girl. Yeah, the same girl who won was supposed the the first girl in the beginning. Let that sink in.

There was also suppose to be only four girls in the beginning and Itsuki only came into existence because Negi's editor insisted on it, and it was something he deeply resented throughout the entire run of the manga and you can tell by the way he treated her character in the end. If you don't believe me go on Reddit and ask about. Just about anyone on there can confirm it.

To finish off, the reason why the ending was so terrible wasn't because it was rushed, but because Negi no longer cared about it because he wanted to do something else instead. I'll end this post by placing this quote from a reviewer on a certain fanfic.

"Some people say Negi was rushing the story, or that 14 volumes were too many. If he was rushing, why did he fill the last volume with stupid, pointless drama instead of things that actually matter: the graduation that was one of the goals of the whole story, fullfilling the promise of visiting Grandpa again, or fullfilling the promise of helping quints find what they want to do, actually showing romanitc feelings between the couple etc? If 14 volumes were too many, why did he come out before the manga even ended saying he wants to do a 30 volume long battle manga next? I think he just got fed up with it all and wanted to crash the manga with no survivors."
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jan 2, 2021 4:08 PM
Sep 2017
Heres what I predict, they’re gonna do a fucking bokuben on us, and end it on the second season with a cliffhanger esque original ending that no one will like.
Jan 3, 2021 8:37 AM

Aug 2018
Wait, is this season even going to cover 90 chapters of the manga? I don't think so, it would be extremely rushed... In my opinion this show needs 3 seasons in order to be adapted well (according to the first season's pace).
KithosJan 3, 2021 8:43 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Endings

Moppit - Yesterday

15 by Moppit »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AZY-sama - Jan 28, 2021

132 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 3:02 PM

» 2 year later and I still don't understand the miku hype

PointlessSmith - Apr 5, 2021

31 by 7samy »»
Mar 5, 2:43 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 21, 2021

143 by Yawuz_707 »»
Feb 16, 1:32 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

260 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.