Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2020 4:02 PM
Nov 2017
Hey it was just me or this season of Haikyuu didn´t felt as enjoyable and absolutely awesome! as the other seasons?

Don´t get me wrong it was still really good but not near as good as the other seasons, this is one of my favorite animes and i was little bit disspointed with this season. Maybe too much waiting and raising expectacions?
Apr 3, 2020 7:57 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Thread moved from Anime DB.
Apr 3, 2020 8:47 PM
Jul 2015
Killua_Noragami said:
Hey it was just me or this season of Haikyuu didn´t felt as enjoyable and absolutely awesome! as the other seasons?

Don´t get me wrong it was still really good but not near as good as the other seasons, this is one of my favorite animes and i was little bit disspointed with this season. Maybe too much waiting and raising expectacions?

bro but did u not feel the adrenaline when he had the wrong bag! lmfao.
Apr 3, 2020 9:19 PM

May 2018
Yeah it's not as good but that's given because this season is mostly build up for the main tournament. Still 10/10 from me. Season 2,the match against Aoba Johsai is still the best Haikyuu match for me.
Apr 3, 2020 11:07 PM

May 2016
ewrc said:
Killua_Noragami said:

bro but did u not feel the adrenaline when he had the wrong bag! lmfao.

Hahaha true~

But Ryu-chan misunderstanding was more epic.

Yup quite dull and boring but I suppose it will get better.
Apr 3, 2020 11:38 PM
Nov 2018
Realistically this is almost identical to the start that season 2 had, at least in terms of new character introductions and our main group developing both as characters and players. The only difference is we don’t get the instant (or at least weekly) gratification of seeing it all come together on the court in real matches since this is split cour and we have to wait what feels like forever to see the big payoff. Personally my excitement is at an all time high, it just sucks that we don’t get to scratch that Haikyuu itch next week as well.
Apr 4, 2020 12:00 AM
Aug 2018
I don't know u guys just want to watch Tournament all the time .
Yet you ignored the fact that everyone was growing in the training arc and polishing there skill
Hinata learning To receive
Kageyama finally getting over his past and accepting his true self
Tsukki spiking the ball
Kinoshita with pinch server

Also I did likes the new year episode ( Always want to see there lives outside volleyball) that helps u to know the character more
If they always have tournament like in every season than the story will become pretty flat
They have to make buildup for character development (like hinata can't learn recive out of the blue they showed how he was learning and practicing)

It's same like 2nd season but they have 25 episode and the tournament
I bet if this was of 25 ep people won't have complained
Anand58Apr 4, 2020 12:05 AM
Apr 4, 2020 12:07 AM

Jun 2015
think its the new artstyle
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* guided by the power of hate *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Apr 4, 2020 12:39 AM

Apr 2009
The art-style is weaker than the other one, but I finally got used to it by the time the season ended (The manga probably helped)

But in general the season lacked truly interesting matches. It was largely set-up... then most set-up... then finally the twins are introduced with their very interesting team and the season ends.

Apr 4, 2020 12:54 AM

Jul 2012
S3 is my least favourite and the only one I scored less than a 9/10.

I like both art styles. I really enjoy setup/training/SOL episodes so yeah, it's fine. I actually hate it when the entire seaason is one giant match lol.
Apr 4, 2020 2:05 AM
Sep 2018
Killua_Noragami said:

Don't agree with you.

This season is as good as others.

We knew training arc will be there, so excitement like season before - is quite over expecting.

Still story was there, fun was there.

Yet... It left a bad impression because of sucky animation... For the animation it get below the pass mark comparing with the other seasons.

Yet... This season isn't bad.

Cause like myself, you also may still unfulfilled with only 13 episodes.
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Apr 4, 2020 2:06 AM

Jul 2012
if yall think this animation is "bad", go watch diamond no ace act II and come back LOL. i love daiya but it was a slideshow.
Apr 4, 2020 4:33 AM
Apr 2020
Yeah no of matches in this season are less but still the way they are revealing the new characters is just out of world
Man each and every opponent is just so so🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 4, 2020 4:34 AM
Apr 2020
Hey are there only 13 episodes in this season?????
Apr 4, 2020 4:35 AM
Apr 2020
Apr 4, 2020 4:36 AM

Jul 2012
Roytheace said:
We're getting a part two in Summer 2020.
Apr 4, 2020 4:50 AM
Oct 2018
Bro.....idk about you guys BUT it was ALL great bc now we're just waiting for it to REALLYYYY start like omfg i was so pumped after episode 13 like its good content with good animations too WITH NEW CHARACTERS so like 10+//10+ :) im so satisfied and can't wait for more but what i can wait for a long long time is the end to this amazing work bc ugh i don't want it to end but oops this is much longer than intended..
Apr 4, 2020 4:51 AM
Mar 2014
well i personally believe this season is as good as the rest. and i enjoyed it as much. first of all about the artstyle changes. i didnt mind them instead i liked them (maybe because i'm a manga reader but still). i know people got used to the previous artstyle but i liked this one as well. i think this is more expressive. about the animation yeah some times it wasnt as good as the previous season but it didnt have to be. it was in a training arc where development of the characters was happening so we didnt necesarily need top tier animation with sakugas. and also mind it wasnt bad animation it just wasnt as good as the previous seasons. where it mattered like nationals the animation was top like in previous seasons
so lets go in the plot now. i mean this cour is similar to the beginning of second season with the training camp. and in second season the training went more episodes than now. and we also got games. the development was amazing. hinata grew bot in and out of court and that was for kageyama as well. we got slice of life moments which were great and also we saw the third years much and backstory for kiyoko which was more than welcome. well this went long enough so in my opinion we had much character development which was great, slice of life moments, a peak at nationals and many other things so i think this season was great as the others. well that's my opinion at least
Apr 4, 2020 6:10 PM

Oct 2015
I found it to be just as good as the previous seasons. People don't like it as much in general cuz it's mostly a training arc and there are not many games. Though it was one really great training arc.
Apr 18, 2020 7:11 AM
Feb 2016
to me season 3 really wasnt that good either. s2 was probably the best. 8.5 is such a high rating. its not as interesting as other sports series sadly
Apr 18, 2020 7:12 AM
Feb 2016
Mayuka said:
if yall think this animation is "bad", go watch diamond no ace act II and come back LOL. i love daiya but it was a slideshow.

lmaooo Daiya is my favourite sports series but ye season 3 was slideshow no ace. the manga is superior in every way
Apr 18, 2020 7:54 PM

Jul 2012
killerqueen2000 said:
Mayuka said:

lmaooo Daiya is my favourite sports series but ye season 3 was slideshow no ace. the manga is superior in every way
agreed, daiya manga is much better. anime was so disappointing, they even reused old OST. only thing good was voice actors doing their job and blessing the characters.
Apr 20, 2020 9:56 PM

Jun 2010
OK, between all the harping about the so-called lacking animation and complaints about design, I feel I need to say my piece

1. Change in director etc, old character designer gone: Result- simplified designs, but true to the manga, easier to animate

2. Bad animation: The actual matches were way better animated: (any time Hoshiumi or Bokuto show up, the animation becomes super dynamic. They have been clearly concentrating their energy on animating stuff from the actual tournament than before. Expect better animation in PArt 2 of S4)

3. Boring: If you find this boring, how did y'all even finish the first half of S2? This is a very similar, and shorter, training arc focusing on character development etc. I suppose after the hyper adrenaline KArasuno vs Shiratorizawa a lot of you probably cannot stand the idea of more episodes of Not!Tournament, but come on.
Apr 20, 2020 10:24 PM

Oct 2019
Anand58 said:
I don't know u guys just want to watch Tournament all the time .
Yet you ignored the fact that everyone was growing in the training arc and polishing there skill
Hinata learning To receive
Kageyama finally getting over his past and accepting his true self
Tsukki spiking the ball
Kinoshita with pinch server

Also I did likes the new year episode ( Always want to see there lives outside volleyball) that helps u to know the character more
If they always have tournament like in every season than the story will become pretty flat
They have to make buildup for character development (like hinata can't learn recive out of the blue they showed how he was learning and practicing)

It's same like 2nd season but they have 25 episode and the tournament
I bet if this was of 25 ep people won't have complained
Probably not because we would get to see how the tournament goes. Even though someone spoiled it for me on kissanime. Brats...... never look at the discussion on kissanime.
-_-
Apr 20, 2020 11:40 PM

Jul 2019
I'm only on episode 9 but I'm enjoying it a lot. I think they are all equally good

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

176 by Jekkii1 »»
Apr 4, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

69 by Jekkii1 »»
Mar 23, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

94 by adbeaver »»
Feb 25, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

107 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2020

84 by Remotepaper »»
Jan 20, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.