Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2020 7:35 PM

Dec 2015
evoniee said:

everybody has the right to rate what they want.
like some user with average rating 9.8 with hundreds anime.

what prevent ppl rate this anime high? why sao fans can rate their anime 10/10 in the first episode while fans of IR cant?

why fans of BNHA can rate at first episode of s4 a 10/10 while fans of IR cant rate 10/10 at ep 4?

The main problem is if someone have multiple MAL accounts to rate up his/her favorite anime so that's wrong....

Feb 6, 2020 7:35 PM

Jun 2015
42caio said:
Paulotronator said:

Oh, I don't know, maybe because people actually expect this to be a serious website to review anime and inform themselves about what should they consume from the industry?

Anyone who considers MAL scores and reviews a serious source of information about the anime industry and choses what to watch based on them only has themselves to blame.

Some of the best anime I ever watched didn't have super high scores because they weren't overhyped flavor of the season shonen.
Some of the most fun anime I ever watched had reviews bashing them by wannabe movie critics nitpicking its technical aspects and plot structure.

MAL as a review site is and has always been a joke.

So that gives the right to someone with influence in the community to mess up with the website even more? Lol.
Fortune favours the bold!

Feb 6, 2020 7:42 PM
Feb 2020
I just want to know how this shit post actually hurts anyone
Feb 6, 2020 7:45 PM

Jul 2012
Sarteck said:
Mayuka said:
don't bother, the fans of this YouTuber all act like sheep lol

Hmm. We're being bitched at for not falling in line with generic MAL opinion. But that makes us "sheep."

Hmm.
all of the people using stupid memes like "all hail nux" are sheep. if you are not a sheep, you would not worship an influencer.
Feb 6, 2020 7:45 PM
Jul 2018
What I am beginning to take away here is that as a 40+ year fan of Anime (starting with Star Blazers in the 1980s, though technically I watched some Astro Boy in the 1970s as a kid) if I happen to review a show I like as a 10/10 that other people find they don't like, I shouldn't be allowed to rate it unless I'm an approved part of the "reviewer" community on MAL. Is this an accurate take?

Yes, I've watched every episode so far, and yes this Anime is in my top 2 new series this season along with Dorohedoro (Also rated at a 10/10). It is also in my top 2 most anticipated shows each week as the episodes are laugh out loud funny to my tastes. I agree people are not required to like it or watch it. However, I don't think my rating should be overlooked or discarded because someone else doesn't find it to be their taste.
removed-userFeb 6, 2020 7:53 PM
Feb 6, 2020 7:48 PM
Mar 2019
DeathTheKid4 said:
42caio said:

Anyone who considers MAL scores and reviews a serious source of information about the anime industry and choses what to watch based on them only has themselves to blame.

Some of the best anime I ever watched didn't have super high scores because they weren't overhyped flavor of the season shonen.
Some of the most fun anime I ever watched had reviews bashing them by wannabe movie critics nitpicking its technical aspects and plot structure.

So that gives the right to someone with influence in the community to mess up with the website even more? Lol.

The fact that people can do that is why MAL is so untrustworthy. I don't known if something this blatant happened before but shows getting boosted or bombed by bots, alt accounts and fanbases engaged in flamewars is commonplace. It's not a matter of having the right to do it, it's a matter of MAL's design allowing and rewarding it
Feb 6, 2020 7:52 PM

Jun 2015
zmortis said:
What I am beginning to take away here is that as a 40+ year fan of Anime (starting with Star Blazers in the 1980s) if I happen to review a show I like as a 10/10 that other people find they don't like, I shouldn't be allowed to rate it unless I'm an approved part of the "reviewer" community on MAL. Is this an accurate take?

Yes, I've watched every episode so far, and yes this Anime is in my top 2 new series this season along with Dorohedoro. It is also in my top 2 most anticipated shows each week as the episodes are laugh out loud funny to my tastes. I agree people are not required to like it or watch it. However, I don't think my rating should be overlooked or discarded because someone else doesn't find it to be their taste.

I don't see what relevance has your comment with this issue.

Feb 6, 2020 7:53 PM

Jun 2015
42caio said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

The fact that people can do that is why MAL is so untrustworthy. I don't known if something this blatant happened before but shows getting boosted or bombed by bots, alt accounts and fanbases engaged in flamewars is commonplace. It's not a matter of having the right to do it, it's a matter of MAL's design allowing and rewarding it

That's why I'm eagerly awaiting that Phase 1 fix that they promised

Feb 6, 2020 7:53 PM
Feb 2016
DeathTheKid4 said:
NikNak514 said:
Guys it’s a meme. A sh*t post. It’s not actually some crazy fan movement beyond “let’s mock Funimation”. At the end of the day I don’t think anyone really cares. The issue with this site is that it’s ONLY user reviews. Normally on these kind of sites you have User and Critic reviews. But for this site they don’t really have an established set of anime critics so review brigades are the only thing people see. Frankly who cares! Most people don’t take user reviews seriously unless you are some kind of pundit looking to make a point. At best they are just a tool for gauging the culture around a specific piece of media. And in this case the culture is purely a memetic one. Honestly I think the correct response is to vet bots vs new users, create an account expiration period for accounts that remain unused over long periods of time which will weed out accounts that were made just for this, and introduce a trusted reviewer section where you can just stick some of the big names in the anime community.

Those are actually good ideas. Thanks for your comment. If only the mods would read this.

this honest to god is a good idea
Feb 6, 2020 7:56 PM

Mar 2016
And this is why I switched to Anilist.
The same fucking shit happened a few years ago with Pengu for christ sakes. There's no way to circumvent fake scoring.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Feb 6, 2020 7:56 PM

Jun 2015
zmortis said:
What I am beginning to take away here is that as a 40+ year fan of Anime (starting with Star Blazers in the 1980s, though technically I watched some Astro Boy in the 1970s as a kid) if I happen to review a show I like as a 10/10 that other people find they don't like, I shouldn't be allowed to rate it unless I'm an approved part of the "reviewer" community on MAL. Is this an accurate take?

Yes, I've watched every episode so far, and yes this Anime is in my top 2 new series this season along with Dorohedoro (Also rated at a 10/10). It is also in my top 2 most anticipated shows each week as the episodes are laugh out loud funny to my tastes. I agree people are not required to like it or watch it. However, I don't think my rating should be overlooked or discarded because someone else doesn't find it to be their taste.

The problem here are not random people like you that rate things honestly, the problem here is that an anituber and his mob followers made 30000 accounts to give this show a 10/10 in less than 24 hours.

Feb 6, 2020 7:57 PM
Feb 2017
Meew2 said:
The same fucking shit happened a few years ago with Pengu for christ sakes. There's no way to circumvent fake scoring.

Well the development team is and was already working on a way to fix this kind of problem. At least we know there is still hope.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750#msg59087935

@DeathTheKid4 I'd recommend to just ignore these people. Clearly logic doesn't work against trolls/dense people.
Feb 6, 2020 8:01 PM

Nov 2012
Mayuka said:
Sarteck said:

Hmm. We're being bitched at for not falling in line with generic MAL opinion. But that makes us "sheep."

Hmm.
all of the people using stupid memes like "all hail nux" are sheep. if you are not a sheep, you would not worship an influencer.
Hmm. Hmm. We don't kowtow to your opinion and that makes us "sheep."
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 8:03 PM
Jul 2012
The ratings have been climbing for this anime steadily since the beginning, it's unironically my favorite anime of all time, and I've seen anime of all sorts over the years. Treating sexuality as normal and healthy is a brave choice, and there is solid af intersex representation. Don't forget, trans representation is a lot of why Steins;Gate is rated so highly. This anime also celebrates bodies of all shapes and sizes, rather than just having stick thin gals with giant tits. Those getting butt hurt are just puritans, no accounting for bad taste I guess.
Feb 6, 2020 8:09 PM

Mar 2016
BlakexEkalb said:
Meew2 said:

Well the development team is and was already working on a way to fix this kind of problem. At least we know there is still hope.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750#msg59087935

@DeathTheKid4 I'd recommend to just ignore these people. Clearly logic doesn't work against trolls/dense people.

This used to be a fake profile thread, then it got 180'd into a scoring thread, then it was locked.
> This is why I use Anilist now.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Feb 6, 2020 8:12 PM
Jul 2018

I don't see what relevance has your comment with this issue.

I've been seeing quite a bit of "flack" for anyone rating this show before it's "completed", or if they had some youtuber recommend the series. Plenty of Anime youtubers generate interest in Anime and do a heck of a lot more to promote anime outside of the "kid only" genre than most. It's almost like having 10k+ more people interested in an anime show is suddenly considered anathema to hear a lot of the comments here.
For example I saw no end of people "gushing" over shows like "Yuri on Ice" when it first released, but I didn't see people running around like chickens complaining "too many new people are expressing an interest in a show I don't like, this needs to stop" back then. People understood that bringing in new interest was a good thing, not something to be dreaded and stopped.
How is it that people become insistent that "no you can't join us and tell other people about this show" is somehow the right path in this case.
"But the reviews are artificial."
Name a single review site (Metacritic, Rotten Tomatoes, etc.) where viewer controversy hasn't changed user reviews. At the end of the day, what the actual viewer thinks is what matters to me when deciding which series to watch (and before you ask, yes I did watch all of Yuri on Ice).
So should scores be "adjusted" based on the long term site users, while discarding any "new" controversial scorers. Hmm, that's a community decision here. You can choose to isolate yourselves from "the wrong element" and I as a long time lurker, but new account holder will go elsewhere for my anime news knowing that my opinion is not wanted here. I'll still watch anime, and several dozen anime youtubers who expose me to things I wouldn't normally consider at first glance. My Anime List on the other hand, can go on happily without me.

So my question is do you plan or desire to grow this community, or do you want to control this community. If you plan to grow, then you should look to not discourage people from showing up and becoming enthusiastic about something they like. If you want to be a niche echo chamber, that's your own choice. I'll simply decline to join, and cancel my account.
Feb 6, 2020 8:12 PM

Jul 2012
Sarteck said:
Mayuka said:
you are delusional lol.

i dont care what anime you enjoy, but worshiping any youtuber to this extent makes you sheep.
Feb 6, 2020 8:15 PM
Feb 2020
I've been loving the hell out of the anime, I've seen 4 episodes for it already and I consider it a Masterpiece, alongside Keijo!!!!!!!!

I did have to make a new account though because I haven't been on my account for so long that I forgot the password to it and the password reset email wasn't sending to my email.
Feb 6, 2020 8:15 PM
May 2016
Anyone who complains about this show being rated highly like it deserves just dont worry about it. The trash you like wasnt gonna get top rank anyway.
Feb 6, 2020 8:17 PM
Feb 2016
TenzaSajiin023 said:
I say people have the right to choose what they wish to watch. Its an independent choice whether the shows standards are up or down. Some butthurt people have some standards to keep as they say but its a sorry excuse

Says the guy who literally joined today after watching Nux's video. Think we can't tell when you made your account, it's right there on your profile. And it's dead empty with no other anime on it. So stop band-waging already, it's ridiculous
Feb 6, 2020 8:18 PM

Nov 2012
Mayuka said:
Sarteck said:
you are delusional lol.

i dont care what anime you enjoy, but worshiping any youtuber to this extent makes you sheep.
You seem to care very much. You seem to think your shit opinion on what I can or can't like (whether anime or youtubers) is the end-all-be-all, and are very hostile to anyone showing support for this show, regardless of their support of Nux. Case in point, I haven't said a single thing in every single one of my posts that could be inferred as "I like Nux," much less the "worship" you claim. However, you seem bound and determined to be a complete wanker because I share the same opinions that many of them do.

You're the one ascribing attitudes and religion to people for no real reason. Maybe you are the one deluded here?
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 8:21 PM

Jan 2010
DeathTheKid4 said:
42caio said:

Yes, as an influencer, he has the power to influence people to do what he says. He has the right, bcs he earned his position as an influencer. The one to blame is this website's management for not having good enough defense against this kind of situation, against trolls/cheaters.
However, people overreacting to this are just so.... idk, just let the mods work their shit. It'll probably take time. If not, let's just move on and pretend this anime never happen if you hate it so much. Just continue watching your anime.
Feb 6, 2020 8:23 PM
Feb 2016
DynastyStar2 said:
I've been loving the hell out of the anime, I've seen 4 episodes for it already and I consider it a Masterpiece, alongside Keijo!!!!!!!!

I did have to make a new account though because I haven't been on my account for so long that I forgot the password to it and the password reset email wasn't sending to my email.

this is legit bullshit. I've forgotten my original passwords numerous times and was able to reset them multiple times until I finally figured out a good one to remember. And given the fact how your account shows you literally joined the day after Nux put up his video while also giving a 10 the same time he said in the video to do so, you're just full of bullshit it's unbelievable. I don't care if people before this whole debacle gave it 10, at least is still had a reasonable score. But with people like you coming in and messing with the rating system, it's a pain in the ass
Feb 6, 2020 8:23 PM

Dec 2015
Some MAL accounts are joined in February 2020 LOL.....
Feb 6, 2020 8:26 PM

Sep 2018
The bottom line is: this show is not particularly special. People are entitled to rate it whatever they want, sure. I don't disagree with that. But the influx of 10/10 ratings seems less like somebody sincerely expressing their love of a show, and more "sticking it to the libs" or whatever, out of some misguided idea that anybody actually cares.

Ecchi anime like this are a dime-a-dozen, Funimation doesn't typically delve into hentai territory and this show is basically softcore hentai. So in the rush of licensing grabs which is all too common in today's anime industry, they grabbed up something they hadn't realized was typically the kind of content they don't license. So they've veered away from it. In the meantime, people who don't know how corporations work assume it's a social justice thing (it isn't) and throw a tantrum in voting spams because...uh...well I'm sure it makes them feel good, or something.
Feb 6, 2020 8:26 PM

Jul 2012
Sarteck said:
Mayuka said:
you are delusional lol.

You seem to care very much. You seem to think your shit opinion on what I can or can't like (whether anime or youtubers) is the end-all-be-all, and are very hostile to anyone showing support for this show, regardless of their support of Nux. Case in point, I haven't said a single thing in every single one of my posts that could be inferred as "I like Nux," much less the "worship" you claim. However, you seem bound and determined to be a complete wanker because I share the same opinions that many of them do.

You're the one ascribing attitudes and religion to people for no real reason. Maybe you are the one deluded here?
LOL you are the one who seems offended when I never straight up called you a sheep. You seem so defensive of this anime and every single thread created in the subforum.
Feb 6, 2020 8:29 PM
Feb 2020
Mayuka said:
Sarteck said:
you are delusional lol.

I don't recall sartek ever hailing nux or anything. It sounds like you're quick to assume. I like nux and think he's chilling, but all of you people who call anyone who knows who nux is sheep is lame. Liking nux doesn't equate to being a sheep. It feels more like you are a sheep for going along with all the nux opposers and calling us sheep.

A lot of people just need to take a step back and consider anime on their own internal scale instead of rating a show a certain way just because MAL says that it's score is higher or lower than you think it should be. I mean, you do realize that 5 is supposed to be average on this site, right?

SAO has a 7.4 rating, which is in between good and very good, both things I wouldn't consider it being.

It's not hard to realize that the world isn't ending because of a meme taking up one of the top spots on MAL.

Just for the record, I think that ishuzoku is a solid 8, not a 10, so good luck calling me a sheep because I voted 10 or something.
Rebill12Feb 6, 2020 8:33 PM
Feb 6, 2020 8:32 PM

Mar 2016
You guys are arguing over a show about 3-4 males who fuck different species of females.
I think insulting each other over something like this is possibly worse than the show itself.
Thanks for the keks, glad i checked the thread. I didn't even need to put salt on my popcorn because of the mine left here. You truly are humanists.

The show is shit and I'm glad funamation dropped it harder than a sack of potatoes.
Figures
Feb 6, 2020 8:33 PM

Nov 2012
Mayuka said:
Sarteck said:

LOL you are the one who seems offended when I never straight up called you a sheep. You seem so defensive of this anime and every single thread created in the subforum.

Yeesh. Now you're trying to insinuate we're not sheep when you're confronted to weasel your way out of what ya said. Make up your mind already.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 8:34 PM

Jul 2012
Rebill12 said:
Mayuka said:
you are delusional lol.

I don't recall sartek ever hailing nux or anything. It sounds like you're quick to assume. I like nux and think he's chilling, but all of you people who call anyone who knows who nux is sheep is lame. Liking nux doesn't equate to being a sheep. It feels more like you are a sheep for going along with all the nux opposers and calling us sheep.

A lot of people just need to take a step back and consider anime on their own internal scale instead of rating a show just because MAL says that it is. I mean, you do realize that 5 is supposed to be average on this site, right?

SAO has a 7.4 rating, which is in between good and very good, both things I wouldn't consider it being.

It's not hard to realize that the world isn't ending because of a meme taking up one of the top spots on MAL.

Just for the record, I think that ishuzoku is a solid 8, not a 10, so good luck calling me a sheep because I voted 10 or something.
I never called Sarteck a sheep. I said people who worship Nux and say shit like "All hail Nux" are sheep. I don't know if he said that. Repeating a meme is really immature.

Sarteck said:
Mayuka said:

Yeesh. Now you're trying to insinuate we're not sheep when you're confronted to weasel your way out of what ya said. Make up your mind already.
Again, delusional. You think everything I say is targeted towards you.
Feb 6, 2020 8:34 PM
Feb 2020
Meew2 said:
You guys are arguing over a show about 3-4 males who fuck different species of females.
I think insulting each other over something like this is possibly worse than the show itself.
Thanks for the keks, glad i checked the thread. I didn't even need to put salt on my popcorn because of the mine left here. You truly are humanists.

The show is shit and I'm glad funamation dropped it harder than a sack of potatoes.

Just because a show is bad doesn't mean it should be dropped. They did Dragon Ball Super and that show sucks big time.
Feb 6, 2020 8:36 PM
Feb 2020
Mayuka said:
Sarteck said:
you are delusional lol.

Actually I think you did call him a sheep for worshipping nux right there, just to be sure.
Feb 6, 2020 8:38 PM

Jul 2012
Rebill12 said:
Mayuka said:
you are delusional lol.

Actually I think you did call him a sheep for worshipping nux right there, just to be sure.
I'm calling people who spammed the other threads with "all hail nux" a sheep. Do you want a list of all of the posts? I've seen at least 20.
Feb 6, 2020 8:39 PM

Sep 2018
Rebill12 said:
Meew2 said:

Just because a show is bad doesn't mean it should be dropped. They did Dragon Ball Super and that show sucks big time.

Oh no yeah, Super sucks. But on top of being part of a longrunning license? Super is profitable. VERY profitable. To the point where any subjective criticism of it is a moot point to their bottom line.

Ishuzoku on the other hand? Well, let's not quibble around the details here. It's porn. It's just porn. Funi has licensed some pretty ecchi stuff before, but nothing quite so explicit. They're not dropping it because of some moral high ground, they're dropping it because that's not the type of territory they venture into, or what their actors sign up for. They jumped the gun on licensing it, sure, and that itself can be irritating - but this is about their general company practices, nothing else really to it.
Feb 6, 2020 8:39 PM
Feb 2020
Mayuka said:
Rebill12 said:

I'm calling people who spammed the other threads with "all hail nux" a sheep. Do you want a list of all of the posts? I've seen at least 20.

Yeah I know and those people add nothing to this thread but the way you write implies that anyone who doesn't agree with you a sheep.
Feb 6, 2020 8:42 PM

Jul 2012
Rebill12 said:
Mayuka said:

Yeah I know and those people add nothing to this thread but the way you write implies that anyone who doesn't agree with you a sheep.

I wrote this:
Mayuka said:

People who worship a youtuber/influencer/famous person and do whatever they tell them to do are sheep. How is it so hard to understand what I'm saying? LOL

Sarteck said:
Mayuka said:
I do think that when you reply to me and quote my post what you say is targeted at me, yes.

And okay, I get it. You only think that the people who don't bother talking back to you are sheep. M'kay.
Are you bored yet of using the same rebuttal?
Feb 6, 2020 8:42 PM

Nov 2012
Mayuka said:
I do think that when you reply to me and quote my post what you say is targeted at me, yes.

And okay, I get it. You only think that the people who don't bother talking back to you are sheep. M'kay.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 8:43 PM
Feb 2020
@kakeras yeah I was just telling that meew guy that a show being dropped because he thinks it's bad is lame and not a legit reason to drop a show.
Feb 6, 2020 8:45 PM
Feb 2020
Supersky said:
DynastyStar2 said:

this is legit bullshit. I've forgotten my original passwords numerous times and was able to reset them multiple times until I finally figured out a good one to remember. And given the fact how your account shows you literally joined the day after Nux put up his video while also giving a 10 the same time he said in the video to do so, you're just full of bullshit it's unbelievable. I don't care if people before this whole debacle gave it 10, at least is still had a reasonable score. But with people like you coming in and messing with the rating system, it's a pain in the ass

My original account: https://myanimelist.net/profile/DynastyStar and for the record, I was gonna give the anime a 5/5 stars on anime-planet anyways(just y'know... after it was finished). On top of that, I wasn't even subscribed to "Nux", I originally heard about this anime from Zero DomaiKitsune and Raging Golden Eagle. I will check this Nux guy out though. I only returned because I heard that people were upvoting it 10/10 and people like you are having a tantrum over the show.
DynastyStar2Feb 6, 2020 8:53 PM
Feb 6, 2020 8:47 PM
Feb 2020
Paulotronator said:
Lisetto said:
I find it funny how something shooting up in score "mess with ratings and scores" as if they're some set-in-stone and end-all-be-all truth.

Oh, I don't know, maybe because people actually expect this to be a serious website to review anime and inform themselves about what should they consume from the industry?

I don't think anyone actually believes that...and I don't see how that's in any way a response to what I'd said up there. My point is that ratings will always change. It's not like this list of ratings was brought down by the word of God and is the infallible truth. It's based on the random opinions of random people.
Feb 6, 2020 8:47 PM
Aug 2017
DeathTheKid4 said:
rogiedog said:

What are you even going on about?? MAL is an anime rating website. People came to their website and rated a particular anime how they wanted. MAL wasn't hurt in the process, their "creditability" was not hurt. If anything they were actually helped with the increase in revenue because the large influx of traffic to their site. Case and point Warcraft 3 Reforged. The fans of the game went on to Metacritic and voted it terribly making it I believe the worst rated game on the site. Are you trying to tell me Metacritic was hurt or offended by this or some how hurt their "creditability"? Do you really think anyone in the gaming community who doesn't play Warcraft even cares about the rating whatsoever?

And I really have to ask what creditability are you even talking about and to who exactly? To advertisers? Yeah this actually help them as I've previously mentioned in that department. To new users? If someone comes to MAL as a new users I'm pretty sure they are new to anime in general and because of that have absolutely no notion of what is "good". They can then watch what ever they feel and rate it as they see fit like everyone else on the website.

If MAL wasn't hurt then the mods wouldn't have said that they are going to fix this issue so yeah. Also I usually I check the profiles of those I'm talking to at some point but now I forgot to do it until now. I see that you also rated this anime 10/10 after only seeing 4 episodes out of 12. I'm sorry I wasted your time, Nux's sheep.

You do know that a lot of people like to rate a show as they go right? Every new episode i watch i will change the rating if i feel that my experience is better or worse. I will also change my rating if i re-watch a show and it's better or worse then i remember. You realize that you have also rated shows that you have not finished right. It kind of defeats your own point.
Feb 6, 2020 8:49 PM

Feb 2010
DeathTheKid4 said:
If all it takes is one youtuber to encourage his/her fanbase to upvote/downvote an anime/manga to mess the ratings and scores, and nothing is done about it, all I can do is just ask: Do mods care about this site at all? Is this acceptable in their eyes? Shouldn't they be thinking right now of ways to stop this kind of behaviour? You are losing more credibility every day that passes..

ratings were subjective to begin with. there is no true objectivity to rating a medium like movies, books, music, painting, anime.

there is no objective truth to these kinds of things.

some people hate fish, but enjoy chicken vise versa.

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 6, 2020 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
DeathTheKid4 said:
Fapper said:

People have a free will and I don't see anything wrong with that.
Anytime some anituber makes a video people are gonna be influence by it anyway so what difference does this make.
You are just jealous of this anime success.

It's a fabricated success lol. It had 7,5 score before. And no sane anituber ever said: go upvote/downvote that specific show. Anitubers recommend or bash anime if they are right in their heads. This nux dude isn't. It isn't even MAL's fault. The war is between Funimation and Ishuzoku Reviewers fans. MAL shouldn't have been dragged in this. Your reasoning is plain wrong.

No your reasoning is plain wrong. MAL hasn't been dragged into anything. This has nothing to do with the mods. No rule has been broken! People have used the site as intended. They have made an account and rated a show that they are watching. Shock horror!
Feb 6, 2020 8:52 PM

Feb 2010
FlowersInTheRain said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

It's a fabricated success lol. It had 7,5 score before. And no sane anituber ever said: go upvote/downvote that specific show. Anitubers recommend or bash anime if they are right in their heads. This nux dude isn't. It isn't even MAL's fault. The war is between Funimation and Ishuzoku Reviewers fans. MAL shouldn't have been dragged in this. Your reasoning is plain wrong.

No your reasoning is plain wrong. MAL hasn't been dragged into anything. This has nothing to do with the mods. No rule has been broken! People have used the site as intended. They have made an account and rated a show that they are watching. Shock horror!

it is against the rules to make bot/alt accs, but thats all.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 6, 2020 10:02 PM
Feb 2020
9.20 it's getting close to number 1
Feb 6, 2020 10:48 PM

Jun 2016
DeathTheKid4 said:
zmortis said:

The problem here are not random people like you that rate things honestly, the problem here is that an anituber and his mob followers made 30000 accounts to give this show a 10/10 in less than 24 hours.

I think mods should be changed to developers in the title. I genuinely doubt mods have the power to do anything, in fact I'd be very surprised if they were ever paid to moderate this site. But to answer your question, mods - yes, probably. Developer? Probably not, which is why the forums remains so unintuitive and still looks like a website stuck in the early 2000s. Looking at suggestions should tell you that much.
Feb 6, 2020 10:49 PM

Nov 2007
They are working on it. Have patience.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 6, 2020 11:03 PM

Oct 2017
Yeah no it's an issue I mean i just disregard MAL ratings and kinda have always have. Outside of obvious issues like this Chihayafuru, FMAB fans and just old anime ratings they never have been good.

Also most of Nux Tux fans honestly are doing more harm to this show and probably encouraging more people to write it off due to them making it an obvious meme score unlike when it was just slowly rising.
Feb 6, 2020 11:10 PM
Jul 2012
TenzaSajiin023 said:
Says the guy who literally joined today after watching Nux's video. Think we can't tell when you made your account, it's right there on your profile. And it's dead empty with no other anime on it. So stop band-waging already, it's ridiculous

As if you didnt join due to hype over some anime or another... we all joined due to hype, even those of us who have been around a long time, let's not pretend otherwise. The hype surrounding this anime is genuine, and it is legitimately my favorite anime as a user of 8 years.
Feb 6, 2020 11:12 PM

Jun 2010

Funi is the only one who lost all (what little) credibility they had.. This is just another day on the internet and people taking a stand.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ashhk - Mar 28, 2020

190 by JeanFranciss »»
Mar 24, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

134 by JeanFranciss »»
Mar 10, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2020

138 by JeanFranciss »»
Mar 3, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

279 by JefersonLima00 »»
Feb 25, 2:19 AM

» Season 2 petition

Thegordon - Jan 1

1 by deg »»
Jan 1, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.