Forum Settings
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2020 4:08 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS A VOLUME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Cover:

Synopsis:
A carriage from the Sorcerous Kingdom is attacked by Re-Estize nobility. Despite knowing it was a trap, the Re-Estize Kingdom still chose to face the enemy in open battle. Nazarick proceeds to declare war on the Kingdom as though they were expecting this exact response.

The Re-Estize Kingdom, still unable to recover from the massacre on the Katze plains, is forced on a path that leads towards their downfall. Even though they knew they'd be standing against a foe they have no chance against, Prince Zanack, Blue Rose, and Brain will still face their foes head-on.

Nazarick's merciless war of annihilation is about to begin.

Release date: March 12 (Japan)
Page count: 576 (longest book to date)

All aboard the HYPE BONE TRAIN CHOO-CHOO
BStrifeSword114Mar 5, 2020 3:39 AM
Mar 3, 2020 8:28 AM

Jan 2019
OMG FINALLY, looks like it was worth the wait.

Spoiling stories... is an unforgivable sin in the world. - Leo Baskerville
Mar 13, 2020 7:16 AM
Oct 2016
Vol.14 officialy confimed that Overlord will be ending in 3 volumes
Vol.15 is teased to be released in Spring 2021
May 18, 2020 1:27 AM

Jun 2016
Look like platinum dragon lord is gonna be main antagonist against Ainz and Nazarick

Dragon emperor seems to greater scope villian this whole series as it imply he is renposible for transportation Ainz and Nazarick.

May 26, 2020 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
Those jumps between events were really bad this time but it's still great.
The undead army's genocide should not have been off screened, what a waste.

The ending was the best part with the lakyus beat down and brain resolution.
Renner keeps her climb too.
May 30, 2020 10:36 AM

Aug 2015
Didn't expect them to off 'only' 90% of the Kingdom...

Jun 7, 2020 12:01 PM

Jun 2016
Now there is only slane theoracy, Argant council state and elf kingdom are last opposition to Ainz pf completely taking over new world. This novel is gonna end soon at volume 17.

Only Dragon lords, God kins(Like zesshi and captain black scripture) and players who has any chance against Ainz and Nazarick. God kins are least likely at best they can only kill pleaides they get smash by floor guardians and players

Now climb,Re estize and Brain are all dead. Re estize is done for

Next is sorcerer kingdom vs Argant council state for volume 15. Ainz dod say he wants to investigate them
PrideRoyalIvyJun 7, 2020 12:08 PM

Jun 9, 2020 7:13 AM
Jun 2017

The New World has far more countries left than the three you listed.

Climb is not dead.

At the end of vol 14, Ainz decides he needs a vacation from Nazarick. So with Aura & Mare as companions,Ainz decides to take a trip to the Elf Kingdom.
Jun 10, 2020 1:34 AM
Sep 2008
Madara_Uchiha_30 said:

Dragon emperor seems to greater scope villian this whole series as it imply he is renposible for transportation Ainz and Nazarick.

Where did u read this info from?
Jun 10, 2020 2:45 AM

Jun 2016
deadworm said:
Madara_Uchiha_30 said:

It was stated by Platinum dragon lord that Dragon emperor is renponsible for transportation of all players from ysgrassdil to new world in volume 14. This includes six greats god up to Great tomb of Nazarick

Jun 10, 2020 4:39 AM
Jun 2017
deadworm said:
Madara_Uchiha_30 said:

From the bonus volume "The Vampire Princess of the Lost Country "
The Brightness Dragon Lord (who is NOT PDL) & the undead dargon lord,Cure Elim Los Malvar,both tell it to Suzuki Satoru( in the story he never took the name Ainz).

In vol 14 PDL drops a single reference during a battle with (cough) "Ainz".
NordhammerJun 10, 2020 6:23 AM
Jun 10, 2020 2:36 PM

Jul 2009
Better than the last arc, although I do have some mixed feelings on a few things. The biggest being it ending at volume 17, which has me worried it's going to have a rushed, poor ending. But I guess that has little to do with this novel itself...

I'd rank this novel mid- high tier in the series. Not the best, but definitely up there despite a couple hiccups.

This was the best passage:

“If this was a fairy tale—”

The Sorcerer King extended his hand at an unbelievable speed to grab on to Climb’s breastplate. He tried to escape, but he couldn’t even pry his hand open.

“—passion would awake dormant power, to grant you the ability to defeat me.”

The Sorcerer King picked Climb up. His resistance did not have any effect, as if he was struggling against a sturdy wall.

“But — this is reality. Nothing so perfect would happen.”

Perfectly explains one of the reasons why Overlord is so good.
Jun 11, 2020 8:22 PM

Nov 2013
I just finished reading this volume and, damn it, it's really too bad that Brain died. The way how the scene was written genuinely gave me a lot of hope that Brain would defeat Cocytus with his power ups, but then he lost...
The author wrote that he was planning to kill definitely Climb and Renner, but he changed his mind when he was writing the book, and it's too bad that he didn't decide to save Brain instead of Climb, considering how boring Climb is and how interesting Brain was.
I didn't understand the meaning of Cocytus walking basically in circles after defeating Brain. Does the fact that he asked to freeze Brain's body mean that he is planning to revive him...?
Another thing that I couldn't understand was why Lakyus ended up accepting the plan of escaping with Evileye. Didn't they attack Lakyus precisely because they knew that it was only by force that it would be possible to save her from dying by fighting in the war, since she was determined to try to defend the kingdom even if alone? It's good to know that she is still alive, anyways, since she is one of my favorite Overlord characters.
I finally started to find Albedo an interesting character, it was really nice to see so many floor guardians showing their skills in the same volume, and this is the first in which a real threat to Ainz finally appeared; Tsaindorcus Vaision is not exactly the ideal of a hero, considering the psychopathic way how he was thinking about how he should talk to Azuth to gain the most from him, and how he was even considered killing Azuth to steal his powered suit, but now we know that Tsaindorcus at least believes that he could defeat Shalltear without problems if he were to fight with his true body, and he also revealed that there are many people stronger than him in the world, but what wasn't made clear was the reason why he knows about the existence of "players" and "NPCs".
I would prefer to see characters like Brain and Gazef rather than Tsaindorcus killing Ainz in the end, but I'll definitely cheer for Tsaindorcus in the last volumes anyways, though the probability of Ainz killing Tsaindorcus and conquering the world in the end seems to be higher.
But I'm really confused by the messages that Maruyama wrote in his twitter about how the floor guardians would respond if they were commanded by their creators, and I read those messages before reading this volume, which made me believe that by its end other players, like Ulbert, would finally appear in the new world, but they didn't, so that is really strange, and can only make me imagine that he is planning to make them appear in the story in the next volume.
ColtBuntlineJun 11, 2020 8:29 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jun 13, 2020 12:09 PM
Jun 2020
F**k... Cant believed it... They're totally being badasses right there,... It seems like massacre is just a playtime right now to nazarick... Though they do really have power to do that.. still the way the author lead the story into this situation seems like,.. Aaargh... Can't believe it man.. they are all dead,. I mean,. Some supposed to be dead... But i'm really hoping that Ainz gave them mercy atleast when they surrendered, but it just that 'what if' they continue the plan of Candy and Whip the way it was supposed to be.. maybe they were able to subjugate the kingdom in the more acceptable way.. If i were to compare the destruction of Re-Eztize kingdom and Slane theocracy.. i would have choosen to destroy the slane theocracy wholeheartedly than the Kingdom... Because we all know and accept the characters in the ReEztize kingdom,... Aaargh... Fresh from the bath....
Jun 14, 2020 9:19 AM
May 2020
Can anyone plz give me the link of volume 14 ??

I've read up to v.14 chapter 4 but can't find after ch.4
Jun 18, 2020 7:56 PM

Jun 2012
The first part was really weird to me, like I do understood what those mercenaries theorizing beyond reasons but it feels too contrived. Anyway, it really doesn't matter, it was long planned already that the Kingdom will be granted a doomsday at some point so it really doesn't matter whatever justification is there to forge. At least, I'll never have to see that stupid Philip anymore.

Aside from that, this volume is a refreshingly good to see that there's finally someone who showed up with a considerable skill and an actual enemy. I don't really find fault to PDL when he was exploiting Azuth at all, on an objective perspective, sacrificing a piece of garbage like that might be more than necessary to deal with the Nazarick. That powered suit might even produced higher output if Tsa is the one to use it.

And seriously though, I didn't saw it coming at all when the one fighting against PDL was actually Pandora Actor. I thought the baiting was already done during the skirmishes in the towns and Ainz and Albedo are already going for the counterattack so it color me surprised when Ainz(PA) is still feigning weak in front of PDL. Overall, this is a good opener battle and I expert more of this high level end game fights to come over the next volumes.

As for Renner's part, I hope this won't be the end of her appearance, such an insane character also deserves more spotlight, while it can't be helped that Climb is a necessary trophy for her, I wish as well that Brain was also intact. But his last moments were still much more dignified than Gazef so his peaceful ending is also a classic choice.

It was also funny when Ainz inadvertently get in the way of Renner's plan. Now another new believer is born XD

@mummykun
I'm only guessing here but as for why Cocytus circled around is I assumed he knew at least that Brain is an entourage of Renner(which is their spy), so as to avoid destroying her in their path, he had to not walk on the way Brain came from.

And as for why Lakyus agreed to escape..... Well she was mind controlled by Evileye, the whole point of beating her was to weaken her mind resistance so that Evileye can use her charm skill upon her like what accidentally happened to Shalltear back in volume 3
Jun 26, 2020 7:40 AM
Mar 2020
ShawonH said:
Can anyone plz give me the link of volume 14 ??

I've read up to v.14 chapter 4 but can't find after ch.4

You can read it from the subreddit of Overlord where the translation of volume 14 had been finished by Hitori-sama.
https://www.reddit.com/r/overlord/
Jul 30, 2020 5:48 PM

Dec 2015
I can't believe that over 8 million people have died because of that Philip guy... but I guess he gets what he deserves if Albedo is dealing with him.
I would have liked to see the battle between Cocytus, Mare and the 400.000 soldiers as well, would have been badass.

So there are 12 noble families left and their demesnes (maybe some of those are from the same family, idk) and the few people who were left alone in the Northern most fishing demesne + a thousand or so belonging to Eight Finger, damn.
Then there is Renner and Climb who are getting it on on the same floor where Ainz his room is, might make Albedo do something in the future.
(Maybe Brain will be brought back to life)

Also, the realisation that Tsa was fighting Pandora's Actor all allong was amazing.

Overall I really liked this volume and can't wait for the next one... which will be in a year.
18-07-19

31-08-20
Jul 30, 2020 6:05 PM

Dec 2015
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:

@mummykun
I'm only guessing here but as for why Cocytus circled around is I assumed he knew at least that Brain is an entourage of Renner(which is their spy), so as to avoid destroying her in their path, he had to not walk on the way Brain came from.

This is what Brain was thinking when he saw Cocytus approaching him:

This was the street where he was picked up, forcefully pulled along by Gazef.
This was the street he ran down with Climb to raid the Eight Finger's facility, where he met Sebas.
This was the street he led the children destined to become the next warrior captain down.
This road was now being stomped on carelessly by a monster. The road Brain had walked down with everyone he held dear was being stomped on.
Unforgivable.

I think that Cocytus showed a form of respect towards Brain after defeating him by using another road to the Palace.
18-07-19

31-08-20
Aug 19, 2020 3:01 AM
Mar 2020
Renner is indeed, The witch of the falling kingdom.
Aug 25, 2020 8:41 AM
Apr 2019
I've got to say after reading this volume it inspired me to go back and re-read the other volumes again. I've got to hand it to Maruyama, this series has been one of my favorites to date and its an interesting experience to read along with others as he releases them. It saddens me that the series will end soon but the ride has been quite enjoyable. This book was an interesting ride. I think my favorite part would be the duel between Cocytus and Brain.

When I first opened the book I was astonished at how long the book was. I mean it's a total of 576 pages! Really enjoyed the book and the hype train that followed with it. I am excited to see how Maruyama finishes the series. Honestly 3 volumes seems a bit to short to tie up the loose ends. Hopefully the ending is not rushed.

I think another one of my favorite parts in the book is the conversation Zanac and Ainz have before the "battle". I find it interesting that Zanacc, at least in my opinion, understands the reason Ainz is doing this and respect the decision. Though he meets his demise from his stupid subordinates I still think Ainz showed him quite a bit of respect by giving him a "proper burial". Really I wish he met his end from the hand of Ainz himself I can understand why he did not.
Anyways that all I really have to say about volume 14, I look forward to reading the next one as always!
Sep 22, 2020 2:41 AM

Oct 2019
Dang. So much happening that it's hard to believe that the series is set to end on volume 17; 3 volumes from now.

Next volume will be exciting and it is heavily implied in the epilogue that it will take place in the Elven Kingdom. I'm hopeful that we will be able to learn more about Aura and Mare's characters, as they are probably among my favourite characters in the series.

Slowly over the course of the series, Ainz has slowly lost his humanity. With this volume, it is easy to say that it is now non-existent. You know you're cruel when some of your subordinates have to tell you to have mercy; the ones who - as NPCs in Nazarick - we have believed to be harsh.

I have so much respect for Brain now. He has come so far since his debut. Cocytus preserving him in ice makes me think that we haven't seen the last of him though.

I loved that this volume was dedicated so much to Renner and the downfall of the Kingdom. It seems that this is the end of the story for Renner and Climb. A pretty fitting end, i must say.

This volume only made me more certain that Ainz will be defeated in the end. I could understand his morals in the beginning, but now... wow. It is only right that justice will prevail at the conclusion.
ImmuneSep 22, 2020 2:45 AM

--

👏 hyped for 2022 lockdown 👏
👏 all good things come in threes 👏

- - ✽ - -
Sep 25, 2020 7:58 AM
Sep 2020
Is this the last volume? If not then how many volumes left? I saw the anime few years ago but I'm currently reading the LN i finished volume 1
Oct 8, 2020 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
I’ve always loved the franchise sooo much, and this volume overall lives up to expectation. However, although it pains me to say this, Overlord seems to have fallen into a dilemma. In this volume Kugane sensei provided two ways to approach the upcoming stories. One is the standard Overlord procedure: enemies are arrogant, ignorant weaklings and Ainz sama lead the Nazarick NPC army and defeat them very easily. Another possible route, is to have much stronger, and probably former players from the game world, for example the dragon warrior from this volume (sry I didn’t read the English version so I don’t know if the translation matches) wearing outfits from the game that are evenly-matched to Nazarick NPCs to be Ainz’s opponent. The former way is so overly used by this point that it does feel tedious, even if this is the very reason I fell in love with Overlord in the first place. It’s definitely not bad for first time reading, just repetitive, especially when you have to carefully set up pavements every time. The latter is something we haven’t seen in the series, and from my personal reading experience, it might not provide the same satisfaction the former way provides. Kugane has hinted in twitter that Ainz might face his former comrades from the same guild as enemies (he did say it was just nonsense and let us forget it thou), if that actually happens I genuinely don’t know how that would play out.

As for this volume itself, there are the usuals you’d expect in an Overlord LN, like how Ainz sama squishes the other countries and kills all the humans and a little everyday Nazarick slice of life comedy. The characters are loyal to their settings and the chemistry between not only Nazarick NPCs and Ainz but humans from majorly the kingdom as that’s the stage this time does pay off, like how they always do. However, it is a shame how the kingdom ended. Characters have died for no good reason. I was hoping for Brain to do something other than dying, anything to show us that he actually lived. But it was not clearly announced that he died and considering how Cocytus respects strong warriors there’s the possibility that he’d escaped death and work for Nazarick, but the point is that he failed to do anything, like most others. Plus he is different from those who intruded the Nazarick great tomb, he was one of those whose characters had been built up from the beginning. That is really pathetic for he to end, after all that happened after his encounter with Shalltear. It’s another story if the author intended for us to feel how weak and pathetic humans are in front of a supreme being like Ainz. If that’s the case then the ending must not be a player or a guild of human characters destroys Nazarick, because that’d go against the purpose of wasting so many precious lives wouldn’t it. But it doesn’t feel right for Ainz to simply win all the way through. Kugane would definitely come up with a genius idea and solves everything.

Kagune said in his Twitter that the next volume will come slightly later than usual, that probably translates into more than 2 years then. I’ve just finished the 14th volume and I’m already craving for more. Pretty pretty please for the next volume to come out ASAP.
removed-userOct 8, 2020 10:27 AM
Dec 6, 2020 4:15 PM

Oct 2019
So finally that genius of millenia, Philip, get what he deserve on epilogue. Lol

Now that Tsa and Azuth knew about Albedo is "far stronger" than (fake) Ainz, somehow I had this uneasy feeling about possibility from the usage of that mind control WCI on her (or other floor guardian) on the future, the previous user might had died but Slane Theocracy still has the item.
andrearionaDec 6, 2020 6:57 PM
May 18, 2021 8:59 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
Shoko_Leiri_10 said:
Look like platinum dragon lord is gonna be main antagonist against Ainz and Nazarick

Where u read that? I've just finished this volume and I don't remember any word about him being responsible for Ainz's transportation.

U meant those words?
'“Although the root of every wrong could be traced back to us, I will not
seek forgiveness for that, nor can I allow you to continue on your current path
of destruction. That is why — Perish.”''
Raideroz-nimMay 18, 2021 9:32 AM
May 18, 2021 8:59 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
iReyzu said:
So finally that genius of millenia, Philip, get what he deserve on epilogue. Lol

Now that Tsa and Azuth knew about Albedo is "far stronger" than (fake) Ainz, somehow I had this uneasy feeling about possibility from the usage of that mind control WCI on her (or other floor guardian) on the future, the previous user might had died but Slane Theocracy still has the item.

Albedo posses World Item so it won't work on her anyway. Didn't u notice that almost every floor guardian always has the world item in possesion outside?
May 18, 2021 11:30 AM

Oct 2019
Raideroz-nim said:
Albedo posses World Item so it won't work on her anyway. Didn't u notice that almost every floor guardian always has the world item in possesion outside?

Wait, whether I'm forgot or didn't notice, World Item doesn't work agaist someone with World Item?
May 18, 2021 12:39 PM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
iReyzu said:
Raideroz-nim said:

Wait, whether I'm forgot or didn't notice, World Item doesn't work agaist someone with World Item?

If I remember correctly, that's ecactly the case. U can check the overlord wiki too. There's probably key info about it.
And also why even bother to give world items to others, if that wasn't the case in the first place, especially the useless ones. Avarice and Generosity is the best example. Also, I found something like this in the description of this item:
One of the World Items collected by Ainz Ooal Gown, during it's golden years. It was kept in the Treasury until the Bloody Valkyrie Incident, which prompted Ainz Ooal Gown to arm the Floor Guardians with World Items so as to protect them from the effects of World Item users.[1]
Raideroz-nimMay 18, 2021 12:54 PM
Jun 24, 2021 8:54 PM
Feb 2020
TtttttttttttttttttggggggU
Jan 11, 2022 10:36 PM

Mar 2016
So Overlord Volume 14 is one of the last volumes that Maruyama will ever have to the title of Overlord. For this reason, I've been so reluctant to actually read it DESPITE already obtaining a copy of one all the way back in early 2020.

It's 2022 now, almost 2 years have gone by and I have only recently completed the fantastic volume 14, without a doubt, the longest volume of Overlord by far, yet it all feels too short considering there'll be only a couple more chapters ahead. It's honestly pretty depressing and saddening to see the tale coming to its end, for I've grown to love the characters and the world-building, on the if not the finest Isekai fantasy light novel series ever by far for sure.

Volume 14 captures the word "END" literally with this being the decisive volume in which the war takes place. It all began right after volume 13, the New World is living business as usual, Ainz taking a stroll, Albedo doing paperwork, and scum being thieves. Phillip, the sole cause of the entire chaos, all started from his singular utter stupidity. Even the genius members of Nazarick doubt someone could be this idiotic, but oh boy, do not underestimate a man's greed, and the braindead actions that follow it. Long story short, Re-Estize Kindom is at war against the Sorcerer Kingdom.

Now if only they listen to the ONE TRUE KING OF THE KINGDOM!!!
No, it isn't wise Rampossa III, the moment he lost his friend Gazef, he stopped being a king and is now only a husk of his former self.
No, it isn't mighty Barbro, he seeks only power as do most corrupt nobles of the Kingdom.
No, it isn't the beautiful Renner who seeks only solitude with his boy-toy, Climb (I felt sorry for the immortal sex-slave Climb).

The one true king, Zanac Valleon Igana Ryle Vaiself, he's the only one who truly cared and loved his Kingdom and his People. The only one willing to die for the right cause and literally a man that even Ainz himself respect.
His time as a King was shortlived, but his moments, conversing with Ainz was truly an eye-opener for both of them and me as an audience, you get the feeling that when Ainz was talking to Zana, it felt like Ainz talking to his fellow squadmates, they're both already set on doing something, even if it opposes the other's goals and to that they respected each other. May you rest in peace, all these years seeing Zanac grew from some unwanted prince to a PROPER KING. I shed tears at this point, rightfully one of the most emotional scenes in the series. May those who have slaughtered Zanac suffer endless torment under the hands of Ainz himself.

In terms of action, the most action can be found between Albedo against the Red Drop's leader and Ainz Pandora's Actor against the remote suit wielder. It's been a while since we saw Ainz's magical duel against someone, but was I worried when I thought Ainz was having a hard time, the revelation that it was Pandora's Actor all along was relieving. Not only that they carried out the task successfully, but the enemy also underestimated the forces of Nazarick. When information and intel is everything, and power is the tool, then victory is assured. As it does with the destruction of Re-Estize, a former Kingdom turned to ashes and rubbles.

Brain and Cocytus deserve special mention. Unlike a warrior force like Blue Roses who prioritized their safety over the people (Credit to Lakyus for actually intending to stay and fight before being charmed) Brain faced Cocytus with his all and beyond, at this moment alone, his prowess, skills, abilities and power surpasses that of even Gazef as told upon us by the story. Brain is by far, the finest warrior Re-Estize Kindom can offer, he's a straight-up Sword saint. The clash was instant, but it was filled with respectful warrior's pride from both parties, nothing short of the zenith of admiration and esteemed compassion for one another. I love them both, what absolute chad- NAY, GIGA-CHADS!!!

The end prorogued insinuated that the next volume will take place in the Elves' Kingdom, which would be a nice place to see be annexed to Ainz's Sorcerer Kingdom's territory. Aside from that, it's also confirmed that there are descendants of former [players] in this world, and also "player hunters". Something to watch out for. Exactly why Nazarick has been so careful as to not tread the wrong threads.

===================================

Volume 14 was a blast to read in its entirety, I kept reading and reading with the occasional illustration drawn by So-bin being the moments of rest. It only took me so long to complete it because I WANT TO SAVOUR IT! And also to escape the inevitable end of the best series an isekai can ever be. Because as do some of you feel, I really love Overlord! It really is an amazing franchise! There are many more I can say for this volume alone, and I will do so too for the next and onwards!
ShadowkillZJan 11, 2022 10:48 PM
Mar 13, 2022 10:11 PM

Sep 2020
overlord has always been pretty good, but ever since the empire became an important part of this story, it genuinely started becoming special

vol 14 ended on a very interesting note, something which the author gave us a sneak peek at not very long ago (the elves and that one player)

also, I totally didn't see the fake Ainz twist coming, that was a pleasant shocker... the mind games are real

can't wait for the next volume which should be releasing soon at the time of writing this, and hopefully it delves more into the theocracy
May 9, 2022 1:56 AM

Sep 2012
Shineixxx said:
deadworm said:

It was stated by Platinum dragon lord that Dragon emperor is renponsible for transportation of all players from ysgrassdil to new world in volume 14. This includes six greats god up to Great tomb of Nazarick

not a novel reader but in this time there are no other players in that world other then Ainz he summoned only Nazarik, he has done the summoning in past to but this ppl are dead by new
Sugram22May 10, 2022 12:21 PM
Jun 11, 2022 5:45 PM

Sep 2020
Sugram22 said:
Shineixxx said:

not a novel reader but in this time there are no other players in that world other then Ainz he summoned only Nazarik, he has done the summoning in past to but this ppl are dead by new

lool you sure about that
you're not a novel reader after all
Jun 11, 2022 11:29 PM

Sep 2012
Zprotu said:
Sugram22 said:

lool you sure about that

i am reading what readers talk about and all are talking that hes the only player and there is always 1player in a lifetime
Sugram22Jun 11, 2022 11:44 PM
Jun 15, 2022 8:53 PM

Sep 2020
Sugram22 said:
Zprotu said:

lool you sure about that

i am reading what readers talk about and all are talking that hes the only player and there is always 1player in a lifetime

not necessarily true
especially considering Ainz is immortal due to his undead nature
Jun 15, 2022 10:39 PM

Sep 2012
Zprotu said:
Sugram22 said:

not necessarily true

well but past known players were not immortal and also Ainz before duel with Stronof said that if u master this sword u could harm and even kill me with it so hes not 100% immortal its about what ever some1 can out play him or if hes send home by some1, but once he rules the world he ha nothing to worry about
Sugram22Jun 16, 2022 8:36 AM
Jul 15, 2022 6:46 PM

Sep 2020
Sugram22 said:
Zprotu said:

not necessarily true

well but past known players were not immortal and also Ainz before duel with Stronof said that if u master this sword u could harm and even kill me with it so hes not 100% immortal its about what ever some1 can out play him or if hes send home by some1, but once he rules the world he ha nothing to worry about

I mean immortal in terms of the fact that he won't die to any reason other than being killed. Like he can't die due to disease, starvation, old age, etc.

Also, the only reason that sword had the potential to kill Ainz was because
Jul 20, 2022 7:58 PM

Oct 2018
All this was because a stupid baron decided to "attack" a convoy

Jul 31, 2022 11:07 AM
Feb 2022
Sugram22 said:
Zprotu said:

lool you sure about that

Incorrect. Surshana of the Six Great Gods was slained by the Eight Greed Kings and they're all players. Surshana was an undead so he lived long enough to encounter the new set of players that arrived which were the Eight Greed Kings. According to all implications in the novel, Dragon Emperor was the one responsible for summoning players and it happens every century minimum or so. There's no established fact yet but it's not farfetched that more players will arrive in the future, afterall it's actually the World Items that gets transferred, not the players, it's just that the wielders of those gets transferred aswell.

Since Maruyama hasn't stated anything yet about whatever Dragon Emperor did, assuming that spell or whatever it is still active then world items from Yggdrasil will keep coming to New World until all has been transferred or the spell ends and along those are potential players. There's a popular theory that every player and guilds wielding world items are transferred at the same time during Yggdrasil's shutdown but in different timelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Volume 16 Discussion

ColtBuntline - Sep 18, 2022

8 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Jan 13, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 39 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Sep 1, 2023

3 by Tkit »»
Sep 3, 2023 6:13 PM

» Is overlord LN a adaptation or a original work?

Kartik01528n - Jul 14, 2023

3 by BucketBall »»
Jul 15, 2023 4:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord Volume 4 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 11, 2015

13 by SentrySalmanjr »»
Mar 7, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 32 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 4, 2023

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.