Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 29, 2020 12:32 PM
May 2018
The thing that made me fall in love with anime is all the sexy nudity
Mar 7, 2020 1:13 PM

Feb 2020
hm i would say the colours, the characters, the character design, the storys and the charming insight japanese culture.
i guess this was why Animes were attracted to me in the first place. just so much more interesting and with much more heart as the american cartoons i know before.
animu007Mar 7, 2020 3:19 PM
Mar 7, 2020 3:12 PM

Feb 2018
It has to do with my love for storytelling which I've had for as long as I can remember. I sorta ran out/lost interest in live-action series and American animated series after seeing so many for years, so the medium of anime has given me an entirely new range of stories of different genres and characters to watch and enjoy (also the nice art tbh).
Mar 7, 2020 3:34 PM
Apr 2016
The amount of effort Japanese put into every aspekt of their creation - fundamental ideas, story, narrative, directing, animation, sound. While the world took a step back from enlightenment, that little proud island with conflicted history manages to push forward in what ancient people believed to be worthy of living for. While others are complacent in their individuality and disjointedness, Japanese are full-speed ahead with the dialogues and challenges for the mind. It is a culture which does not have any competition when it comes to both the quality and quantity of Art. Not in this modernity.
Admiring things out of your and everyone else's league is a given.
Re:formed
Mar 7, 2020 6:32 PM

Aug 2018
Even though the medium is rife with degeneracy, there is still a strong undercurrent of wholesomeness and traditional values/gender norms even in shows with a lot of ecchi content unlike in western media where every character is a whore or gay or both.
Mar 7, 2020 6:36 PM

Sep 2014
the relaxing feel it gives me.

the kawaii factor.

the flashbacks. love me some flashbacks.

inspiration/motivation/characters overcoming personal struggle.

the audio is pleasant and cool to listen to in subs.

feeling personally attached to the characters.

good ol old fashioned, wholesome, fan service.

"onichan"

etc.
Mar 7, 2020 6:47 PM

Dec 2014
What made me fall in love with anime is the storytelling, the art, animation. The vast amount of different stories the emotions it makes you feel. The characters and the journey you go on with those characters.
Mar 7, 2020 6:50 PM

Jul 2019
The ones with cool protags that tell super deep quotes while punching with their really cool superpowers, they don't make sense but that's fine. As long as there is cool action, I like it. I also really like the animes with a shy boy that is surrounded by hot girls, some of them have nudity and honestly wow I feel so entertained. Also, don't forget the animes with really small girls, they are so cute!11!!1 I just want to hug them so much! I love it when they say "Onii-chan!". UwU. I also love J-pop! It's so much better than American pop! Their squea... Acute voices are so enchanting!! Honestly, as a teenager, I am just glad to be able to watch so much anime with characters in school like I am! They all live very dramatic love stories, and evolve so much through struggles. It's a pity, no change occurs in the character or that the love stories lead nowhere but that's just like in real life so it's fine!! In that case we have the lighthearted ones where nothing happens assumedly, so the elitists can't stop me from enjoying them! OMG! I almost forgot about isekai! Isn't that so cool, to be teleported into another world! SAO really widened my horizons! I'd like to be just as cool, overpowered and attractive as him! And really they are all differents, some have a slime, a skeleton or just a normal human as MC. All in different situations, but keeping the core elements I love: cute girls and magic! I luv U anime!11!!!111111!!111111111111111111111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!111!111!!111!11!!!11!!!1!11!11!!1!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Anime makes me feel so much emotions! I used to be an edgy teenager but now I'm happy! I made tons of friends that share my interests through anime! I love to talk about it with them, and to hype the new shows! I am also in some fandoms and people there are so nice! We make fanarts about our animes, I like to also talk about my ships. Sometimes we disagree but that's fine! I know Spike x Vicious is the best ship! Look at how lovey-dovey in the anime they are! I made my own fanart where they kiss here! There are also theories we create, it's so cool to understand more about the anime by creating stuff that doesn't appear in it! first knew about anime through friends who really liked My Hero Academia but they liked the manga, and reading is boring! I much prefer to see TV shows, + it has really cool animations at some parts, I believe its called sakuga (HUEHUEHUE, look at my superior anime knowledge HUEHUEHUE). How can you enjoy reading a manga, those are just static images with no emotion put behind them! Anime do have emotions! I am not the one interpreting art hahaha! Since we're on the subject, some people are funny to consider anime art lol! It clearly is made with the intent to be simple fun!! I've seen some of the shows elitists like and really, it just is pretentious and boring! As long as I'm entertained by my animes it's fine :)
BiDiGiNMar 7, 2020 7:06 PM
Mar 7, 2020 8:12 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I watched Bleach when I was first entering high school, and I really got into it. I still look back really fondly on the first few seasons of that show, for this reason. The first moment that I can recall really blowing me away, though, was the bus jacking scene from Death Note. So I would have to credit both of those shows equally for inspiring my love of anime, as I found them both more or less around the same time.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 7, 2020 8:38 PM

Dec 2018
Well most of the above posts have already said everything, but there is one other thing that got me hooked directly, it was the japanese voice actors (or seiyuu), I remember that after watching my first anime with subtitles I was just totally fascinated by the japanese voices which gave a whole new dimension to the anime, well that was not the main factor but it contributed to make me fall in love with anime.
Mar 7, 2020 10:28 PM

Jan 2014
Escaping away from reality to see another world

Mar 8, 2020 7:13 PM
Jul 2018
The unique animation and art, the bizarreness and most importantly the compelling storylines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

89 by YukizoraHonoka »»
4 minutes ago

» Does seinen anime focus on other things besides ultra manliness?

fallout45 - 1 hour ago

14 by Serafos »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Current MAL Top Favorited Anime

LittleStar - 2 hours ago

17 by MetalPower26 »»
13 minutes ago

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre? ( 1 2 )

decco6226 - May 2

61 by Maou_heika »»
19 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 3 )

Akuya - May 1

104 by HigherLvLThinker »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.