Forum Settings
Forums

Recycle Bin Icon started showing up on top of other apps.

New
Jan 19, 2020 2:34 AM

Feb 2016
It only shows on videos. Is this a sign of danger or is it a normal thing? I don't remember enabling anything related to the Recycle Bin.
-Haoto-Jan 20, 2020 2:39 AM

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

"Salvation is a thin thread dangling from heaven."
- Mary ~ Death Mark

Jan 19, 2020 4:20 AM

Jan 2009
I've never had that, but I suggest a clean install of W10 or W7 if W10 does not work.

See my posting in the other thread and the posting I've linked there in a previous posting

edit: it could be something wrong with your file extensions:

First, let the File Extensions be shown:

Click the “Organize” button on Windows Explorer’s toolbar and select “Folder and search options” to open it.

Click the “View” tab at the top of the Folder Options window. Disable the “Hide extensions for known file types” checkbox under Advanced settings. Click “OK” to change your settings.

https://www.howtogeek.com/205086/beginner-how-to-make-windows-show-file-extensions/

Does every file have the same extension? And are all video files affected or only the ones you have in this folder?

You may also want to rebuild your iconcache:

@echo off
taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
DEL IconCache.db /a
Start explorer.exe

Paste the code in a free Notepad window, then "Save as" "iconcache.bat" and select the option "All files" <== important!
After that run it and tell me if it still has the same icon
NoboruJan 19, 2020 11:19 AM
Jan 22, 2020 8:24 AM

Nov 2008
The icon of the application that's set as default for opening that file type should be there. So unless the video player you use has recycle bin for an icon, it seems like bug with the icons in the system. Try switching to a different default application for that file and then back to current one.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

56 by BitChilly »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
2 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
2 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
4 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.