Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2020 8:09 AM
Oct 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
In my opinion Dr. Yoneda single handledly saved this series from falling to the trap of stupid decisions by being a logical thinker. This chapter was probably the best chapter of Platinum end.
Jan 7, 2020 12:54 PM

Sep 2010
CaptainFekezu said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
In my opinion Dr. Yoneda single handledly saved this series from falling to the trap of stupid decisions by being a logical thinker. This chapter was probably the best chapter of Platinum end.

I agree with your whole sentence. It was just amazing to read his resolve, to feel his mentality, to emphatize... Loved this!
Jan 7, 2020 7:30 PM

Dec 2015
CaptainFekezu said:

Agree! Surprised by how weak this manga is considering Ohba & Obata are the ones working on it.
Jan 9, 2020 4:47 AM
Nov 2018
This chapter is really great. Prof.Yoneda may be brutal but it's kinda amazing when he's stating these things.

- But, there has to be this panel tho. :P

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Jan 29, 2020 6:22 AM

Sep 2012
I started reading this series 8 months ago, I can't even imagine stretching out that same amount of material over 5 years. But, now I guess I'm on the one a month train with everybody else... Except the next chapter doesn't come out until March?? I'm gonna be so mad if this series isn't over by the end of the year.

Also does anyone else find it distracting that they put so much effort into making Saki look sexy while they're trying to have an intense dialogue with the main antagonist?
Jan 30, 2020 1:33 AM

Jan 2018
Yoneda is an incredibly stupid character for someone who is supposed to be super smart .
Jan 30, 2020 1:36 AM

Jan 2018
CaptainFekezu said:

I would strongly disagree tbh

Yoneda takes one result he wants and builds his deduction arround that.

Rather then doing it the other way arround .
How science is supposed to work.
His conclusions are possible but have little to no actual evidence while he just disregards things that make his theory less likely

Like his conclusion that there is no for because : where was good before the big bang ?

Considering that he discusses an potentially omnipotent being there are innumerable explanations for that .

Following his own argumentation you could question where the cause of the big bang was before the big bang ?
If we follow that train of thought we come to the conclusion that it didn't happen so nothing actually exists to Beginn with .

But rather then seeing how flawd his argument is he just ignores that and makes conclusions that just fit his narrative.

He also bases some of his ideas on information that he disregards in other theorys.
Whatever fits his narrative goes.

Nevermind that many things he states as facts are based on litterally nothing.

This manga was very weak .
But yoneda surely isn't it's saviour.
He is the worst character so far tbh .

Admittedly I still have to finish the newest chapter but I doubt he is going to 180 it now
CuteAssTigerJan 30, 2020 2:11 AM
Feb 2, 2020 6:25 AM

Jul 2008
I like the concept of Yoneda but, yeah... His logic is extremely flawed and comes across as juvenile. I also don't understand why he's still trying to have a dialogue when he already knows how to put his plan in motion. Hopefully he's just waiting for the opportune moment.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Feb 6, 2020 12:02 PM
Nov 2017
there are probably 2 reasons for dr. Yoneda's flawed deduction and logic:

1. The creators (Obata and Ohba) didn't think through his arguments and statements.

or

2. Mirai is going to challenge dr. Yoneda and his theory making him understand his flawed thought process.

But nonetheless I'm enjoying this manga. The way they executed the whole scene of Yoneda challenging Mirai to a dialogue is quite suspenseful and well done. It's taking the shonen way of initiating battle (Like in Dragon Ball or something similar) and applying it to dialogue.
Mar 1, 2020 3:48 AM

Jan 2018
AwesomeChair said:
there are probably 2 reasons for dr. Yoneda's flawed deduction and logic:

1. The creators (Obata and Ohba) didn't think through his arguments and statements.

or

2. Mirai is going to challenge dr. Yoneda and his theory making him understand his flawed thought process.

But nonetheless I'm enjoying this manga. The way they executed the whole scene of Yoneda challenging Mirai to a dialogue is quite suspenseful and well done. It's taking the shonen way of initiating battle (Like in Dragon Ball or something similar) and applying it to dialogue.

But neither of those actually explain why his logic is so flawed .
Mirai challanging a world view that is so obviously flawed isnt really a challange

Maybe yoneda is just insane .
or maybe there is actually something that makes him want to believe so much in his conclusion that he disregards logic.

but either way it doesnt really explain why everybody else just believes him
Jan 10, 2021 6:21 PM

Feb 2016
This Yoneda is even dumber than Metropoliman.
その目だれの目?
Nov 3, 2021 8:48 AM

Dec 2007
my mind kinda blowed up from this chapter, but it still was pretty good.
i like how i see obata patience on the drawing, you can see it clearly.

but although all, yoneda is all making theories and guesses.
i actually like yuri thought on this more xD
still like the psychological battle that's going to happen, very fitting to ohba, and it's seems to me he thought about this through and through.
CuteAssTiger said:

His conclusions are possible but have little to no actual evidence while he just disregards things that make his theory less likely

Like his conclusion that there is no for because : where was good before the big bang ?

Considering that he discusses an potentially omnipotent being there are innumerable explanations for that .

Following his own argumentation you could question where the cause of the big bang was before the big bang ?
If we follow that train of thought we come to the conclusion that it didn't happen so nothing actually exists to Beginn with .

But rather then seeing how flawd his argument is he just ignores that and makes conclusions that just fit his narrative.

He also bases some of his ideas on information that he disregards in other theorys.

Admittedly I still have to finish the newest chapter but I doubt he is going to 180 it now
i started commenting on your posts in other topic, but i will have to answer part of what your saying.

yonede is maybe a scientist, but even in the scientist community there's clear difference between the hard-material-evidence department than the theory once.
you mentioned the big bang theory, who said it's true? so there's an expanding of the universe and overall movement, who said it's came from a bomb? that's why it called [b]theory[b] and as ohba made yoneda you can see he meant to create him as a true genius and all, it's not surprising that scientists like him are working on theories and guessing that have no real basis. notice well that yoneda did gave evidence from the fact that no people from future yet to come. that's an evidence for you? on the surface - it's not, but in fact it's not that different from the big bang theory.

on what base he give? the proper answer would be - he have his "calculations" on his head, he said it's based on the growth of the technology and science. in the manga dimension - that's the answer. but once you analyse it to true info, it's pure ohba convenience. as a matter of fact, i'm sure even ohba don't know what's on yoneda mind lol. but as i said in that other topic, it's not the issue here. ohba presented yoneda as genius and mastermind character that should be convinced to be like it to run the story. you right it's kinda a plot device, but i think it's convincing enough, i don't think ohba actually needed to go so far and give us in the manga the so-detailed-information-yoneda is basing on. if you aren't convinced, you should just go and enjoy the story as it is, convincing or not, manga supposed to present interesting story, not being science project. if you aren't convinced that there's an psychological battle here, that's why you didn't enjoying this part.

i'm enjoying because i'm not looking for 'is there a science material yoneda is basing on, i'm trusting the character to deliver good story, that's all.

though all that said, as i said at the start of my post yoneda sure making mind fuck by saying sci-fi theories about time travel and such things, i almost thought i'm in christopher nolan movies. it's sure flaw to the manga, but as it seems to me from the start of PE ohba doesn't really care to make flaw, he came to deliver story, and the story is good one, and that is enough for me.
Nov 3, 2021 3:28 PM

Jan 2018
User-Name said:
my mind kinda blowed up from this chapter, but it still was pretty good.
i like how i see obata patience on the drawing, you can see it clearly.

but although all, yoneda is all making theories and guesses.
i actually like yuri thought on this more xD
still like the psychological battle that's going to happen, very fitting to ohba, and it's seems to me he thought about this through and through.
CuteAssTiger said:

i started commenting on your posts in other topic, but i will have to answer part of what your saying.

yonede is maybe a scientist, but even in the scientist community there's clear difference between the hard-material-evidence department than the theory once.
you mentioned the big bang theory, who said it's true? so there's an expanding of the universe and overall movement, who said it's came from a bomb? that's why it called [b]theory[b] and as ohba made yoneda you can see he meant to create him as a true genius and all, it's not surprising that scientists like him are working on theories and guessing that have no real basis. notice well that yoneda did gave evidence from the fact that no people from future yet to come. that's an evidence for you? on the surface - it's not, but in fact it's not that different from the big bang theory.

on what base he give? the proper answer would be - he have his "calculations" on his head, he said it's based on the growth of the technology and science. in the manga dimension - that's the answer. but once you analyse it to true info, it's pure ohba convenience. as a matter of fact, i'm sure even ohba don't know what's on yoneda mind lol. but as i said in that other topic, it's not the issue here. ohba presented yoneda as genius and mastermind character that should be convinced to be like it to run the story. you right it's kinda a plot device, but i think it's convincing enough, i don't think ohba actually needed to go so far and give us in the manga the so-detailed-information-yoneda is basing on. if you aren't convinced, you should just go and enjoy the story as it is, convincing or not, manga supposed to present interesting story, not being science project. if you aren't convinced that there's an psychological battle here, that's why you didn't enjoying this part.

i'm enjoying because i'm not looking for 'is there a science material yoneda is basing on, i'm trusting the character to deliver good story, that's all.

though all that said, as i said at the start of my post yoneda sure making mind fuck by saying sci-fi theories about time travel and such things, i almost thought i'm in christopher nolan movies. it's sure flaw to the manga, but as it seems to me from the start of PE ohba doesn't really care to make flaw, he came to deliver story, and the story is good one, and that is enough for me.

Maybe you shouldn't try to tell a biologist how the scientific community works

No you can not just make something up based on nothing and expect it to pass in the scientific community

No the big bang is not a bomb.
The big bang theory is the theoretical point in time at wich the universe started expanding.
The big bang theory does not say that it was a bomb or even a literal explosion.
It's simply a term used in conversation and theory to refer to that point in time.

No being a "genius" isn't the ability to guess correctly without any basis.
If a genius had to guess a 50/50 test he would not just magically guess correctly most of the time . Smart people use information available to them to base their ideas on .

The growth of technology has no logical correlation to yonedas hypothesis.

It's not like yoneda needs to present a graph and fill 40 pages with his scientific paper.
That isn't the issue.
The issue is that yonedas theory is so paper thin and based on litteraly nothing while facing multiple obvious rebuttals to his thesis that he simply ignores.
No scientist works like that

And no it's not convincing at all.

As an author it's your job to write smart characters to be smart.
You cant just call a dumb character smart and expect it to be good writing.

In a nutshell all yoneda does is say " I'm big smart science guy. please believe my nonsense" and everyone does

Imagine in death note people just did stupid shit all the time and people just pretended they are smart.
Instead of actually making a smart plan characters just do nonsensical Bs and it just happened to work all the time .
Sounds pretty bad huh?

I don't expect to much from a story if i want a smart character to be actually smart.
This isn't a nitpick or some small plot hole.
It's front and center nonsensical plot devices just doing their job

More topics from this board

» My spoiler-ridden rant, er, review

NDskies - Sep 17, 2023

4 by NDskies »»
Sep 18, 2023 6:27 AM

» How would you rate it???

Goated_Weeb526 - Nov 11, 2021

4 by waalex11 »»
Sep 11, 2023 5:13 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 23 Discussion

TheGeniusBaka - Jan 1, 2018

6 by bucciest »»
Nov 6, 2022 12:02 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 58 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Axelthrow - Jan 6, 2021

54 by nidoqueen106 »»
Sep 11, 2022 5:54 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 30 Discussion

Akoram - May 8, 2018

4 by lycoradz0 »»
May 14, 2022 3:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.