Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2019 10:50 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
=_=;

Never really thought I would start a chapter discussion like this. I still don't and will never feel anything regarding Soo-won no matter what is thrown at me.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2019 5:55 AM

Sep 2011
Omg, this series has a perfect pacing. Never seen this before. Every chapter has some kind of develpment or moment worth reading.

These scenes with Gulfan were so beautiful... Animals don't care or understand about stupid human problems, he just knows Hak is his friend and respects him.

And Yona didn't even think about killing Soo-won even with that godly chance!!!! I scream like a crazy fangirl with this series i swear to God.

shanimebib said:

=_=;

Never really thought I would start a chapter discussion like this. I still don't and will never feel anything regarding Soo-won no matter what is thrown at me.

I don't think Kusanagi is trying for us to feel sorry for him, neither hate him. Like everyone, he's neither bad or good. He has his own reasons and motivations, and depending on yours he may seem wrong or right. That's my opinion at least.
"If you wish so ardently for your life to disappear then give it to me!"
Dec 23, 2019 3:34 AM

Mar 2018
Soo-won is sick and maybe this is why he is interested in immoral being like Zeno.
I think Soo-won regrets what he did but he thinks it’s the price he needs to pay to achieve……?

Anyway we don’t know Soo-won full story yet and maybe we will learn something new next chapter, but please don’t look at Yona and Soo-won encounter as romantic development Soo-won didn’t have romantic feelings towards Yona to begin with, he is only dreaming to be with his childhood friends not that he can hope for more.
Dec 23, 2019 5:55 AM
May 2017
This chapter was unpredictable. I wonder who did that so Su-Woon.
Dec 23, 2019 6:02 AM
Sep 2019
Things that I am not enjoying so much during this current arch:

- Soo Won sick. I would have liked some more foreshadowing of this, so far we just had some claims that he does not have time to waste and his interest in Zeno, which is not enough in my opinion.

- I really liked him as a villain so far, especially acknowledging that he is a good ruler despite having acceded to the throne through murder, and him being the designated enemy of our MCs. Now they are trying to turn him into a pitiful character... To put it shortly, I don't mind liking him, but I don't want Yona and Hak to like him! I don't mind the Dragons or Lily being friendly with him, as they were not personally betrayed, but those two... It's fine for Yona not to seek revenge, I find this quite refreshing, but I don't want her to forgive Soo Won so easily. My only hope in this respect is Hak, who held onto his grudge, but I am afraid we are about to see that overturned as well. And Soo Won might turn into the cliched anime honorable antagonist who is going to end up dead surrounded by his mourning enemies, with Yona almost a saint-like figure.

- This feels even worse if we take into account the "futile motives" of killing the king. If he were just plain evil (which, I concede, rarely makes a great villain), it would be much easier accepting that he simply killed the king as an easy way to the throne. But murdering Il because the kingdom needed a better ruler, when he could have acceded the throne by marrying the princess, it's just an awkward story driver. Getting revenge for his own father being killed would be a great motive, but so far it feels like this has been sided and everyone just focuses on political reasons... Well, this is still to be developed, so I hold my judgement.

Finally, I would be really disappointed if Yona does not end up as the ruler, which would be her legitimate role and it would be fitting with her character development; but I do believe they are paving the way to have Hak on the throne, with all those comments about how he is able to gather any kind of people, regardless of background, tribe, etc.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the three of them confronting each other on pretty much everything.
IlasmaDec 23, 2019 2:22 PM
Dec 23, 2019 6:09 AM
Apr 2018
The question to Soo-won on who his successor he think it will be is interesting.
Also his speech and the fact he was interested in the immortality power gives me the impression that he may be unable to have children and so he is searching a way to be alive forever to rule forever.......ok this is a little forced as idea.

Also that final page.....dunno what to feel.

mneav3 said:
Soo-won is sick and maybe this is why he is interested in immoral being like Zeno.
I think Soo-won regrets what he did but he thinks it’s the price he needs to pay to achieve……?

Anyway we don’t know Soo-won full story yet and maybe we will learn something new next chapter, but please don’t look at Yona and Soo-won encounter as romantic development Soo-won didn’t have romantic feelings towards Yona to begin with, he is only dreaming to be with his childhood friends not that he can hope for more.

I mean those who have read this manga from the beginning will understand immediately that there is (and there will not be)nothing between Yuna and Soo-won.
That is, we spent more than 50 chapters with Yuna addressing her feelings for Soo-won and another 50 for Hak,if the author reintroduces Yona's feelings for Soo-won for me is not a step back but ten.
Also i understand that shipping goes over the logic but by a story pointview is absurd for me that there is a possibility of Yona getting married with her father's killer.....ok we don't know the real reasons of why Soo-won did that but this doesnt mean that what he did didnt damage Yuna and Hawk sentimentally and psychologically.
As you said it's okay to "forgive" but if you go further is a BIG no for me.

Ilasma said:

Finally, I would be really disappointed if Yona does not end up as the ruler, which would be her legitimate role and it would be fitting with her character development; but I do believe they are paving the way to have Hak on the throne, with all those comments about how he is able to gather any kind of people, regardless of background, tribe, etc.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the three of them confronting each other on pretty much everything.

With Soo-won being sick, the question about his successor and King Il request of Hak being yona's spouse its seems to me that the story is going towards Hak being King as you said.
Still i hope that Kusanagi will not try to make Yuna the saint of the situation much like another manga that I liked a lot but that I started to hate because of the female protagonist.
Blaze35Dec 23, 2019 6:28 AM
Dec 23, 2019 11:12 AM

Aug 2015
I was really hoping it was Hak who went to see Yona, but of course it was this asshole. I'm not okay with this at all.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Dec 23, 2019 1:47 PM

Nov 2007
@Myrga: I think I worded it wrongly. The feeling I have about him is not apathy. It's pure hatred.

Not even him dying from something terminal would change it.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 23, 2019 2:26 PM
Sep 2019
And one more thing on the topic of the succession: if this ends up with Soo Won giving his blessings as his heir to either Yona or Hak (instead of having them fighting for the throne), it will be the worst let down ever: everyone - including the readers - going through this much hassle and pain just to willingly and actively re-establish the status quo...
Dec 23, 2019 6:36 PM
Mar 2015
Ilasma said:
And one more thing on the topic of the succession: if this ends up with Soo Won giving his blessings as his heir to either Yona or Hak (instead of having them fighting for the throne), it will be the worst let down ever: everyone - including the readers - going through this much hassle and pain just to willingly and actively re-establish the status quo...

The biggest letdown ever would be to have them fight for the throne, since Yona has stated several times throughout this manga that she does not want to do that.
Dec 24, 2019 11:12 AM

May 2016
I want to try to undestand Soo-won, I never hated him so I just wish to know why...
Dec 24, 2019 11:13 AM
Dec 2019
I think maybe it'll be revealed that soo won wasn't guilty to begin with and all this was just a show or something to protect someone because still he doesn't seen to be happy. However if all he wanted was revenge then i think he should be satisfied. His character is really interesting to me and I like it a lot but I absolutely do not want yona to feel bad for him, at least not at this point.
Dec 25, 2019 3:24 PM
Mar 2015
interesting that as Hak is learning that SuWon's coup had great popular support SuWon is fading as he reaches for immortality he runs into Yona. She remembers what he did but still comforts him
Dec 28, 2019 1:11 PM

Feb 2016
sweet chapter. I live for the angsty hak & suwon connexion. Thank you Gulfan
Dec 29, 2019 3:33 PM

Nov 2018
I know I've said it before but absolutely nothing will make me like this guy.
Kill him, kill him now. DO it!

Jan 1, 2020 2:05 PM

Apr 2016
I like the development concerning Soo-won. Not so suprising since the story always went into that direction where it is revealed that Soo won is not the evil person that the first chapters made us think he was.
Very early in the story, Soo-Won has been shown like a good king, I would even say a good person, and he also gave up very early on the idea of killing the princess.

There were already some hints that something happened between his father and King Il.

Curiously, if it's not sure yet that King Il was a murderer, his brother,yu-hon, soo won's father, has been portrayed as a cruel man and a kind of warmonger.

I just want to know more about what brought this tragedy.

Ilasma said:
... But murdering Il because the kingdom needed a better ruler, when he could have acceded the throne by marrying the princess, it's just an awkward story driver...

If I remember well, Soo Won couldn't marry Yona since king Il was absolutely against it.
Jan 2, 2020 7:47 AM

Aug 2016
Is soo won sick? Yona is such a good girl T^T

Like Hak said, Yona had nothing to do with that revenge. If King Il was killed with ‘not so bad’ intentions why was Yona attacked too.

All the best people are crazy!
Jan 5, 2020 8:20 PM

May 2014
Looks like Soo-Won somehow regrets his action. Well, isn't that sweet?!
Jan 7, 2020 11:27 AM
Sep 2019
I swear if Yona ends up catching feeling for Soo Won again I am going to be so sad. I waited for so long for Hak and Yona to be together :(
Jan 8, 2020 9:25 AM

Nov 2010
It's still kinda boring to have Yona and happy bunch in the Sky castle since they are so limited and have little to no agency so far. I hope scenery changes soon and we get sth more exciting with them.
Jan 8, 2020 5:13 PM
Jan 2017
Its okay if Yona is only being kind cause he is weak. But if some strange thought about soowon begins to form, imma get mad.
Jan 14, 2020 2:41 AM
Jan 2019
I ship Yona and Hak, but seeing Yona and Soo Woon like that im now confuseeeed! Aaaaa! It seems Yona will fall for him again, i dont want Hak to get hurt. Oh pleaseeee
Jan 20, 2020 3:30 PM
Apr 2018
We're supposed to hate that guy but goddamn Kusanagi playing dirty here.
Feb 28, 2020 9:29 PM

Jan 2016
I really hate how close Soo-won is trying to get to the dragons, and smh how you gunna accidentally walk into Yona's room???? God I hate him
Nov 14, 2020 1:20 AM

Feb 2009
Ilasma said:
I think Hak and Yona will rule together! I really hope so, anyway...

Sigh, I hate how much this manga splits up Yona/Hak/the dragons in the 2nd half of the story... so over it. Also really dislike how Yona's agency has totally gone out the window.
Dec 13, 2023 9:32 PM
May 2022
For some reason, I feel assured that there's no romantic going on between Yona and Suwon. Some people seem to be wary of the manga having a love triangle, but that moment when Yona hugged Suwon to calm him down and Suwon talked to her about Hak, I felt like the friendship they had started to ignite. I would say that it's a good thing, but I also know that it's a lot harder now to bring back the friendship the three used to have. What I can see here is that it shows how Suwon still cares about his childhood friends, especially about Hak.

"When the fellow (Hak) is involved, he (Suwon) acts a bit more human." -Zeno

It is clearly shown how much Suwon longs for his friends for a while, and that starts to surface now that they dwell in the same place (Hiryuu Palace).

There is a saying that no matter how much you throw away someone dear, you cannot deny the fact that you loved and had that person important to you, and that wouldn't easily be discarded. I wonder if Suwon will ever try to fix things up regarding his sins towards Yona and Hak (but I don't think that he'd do this).

I can especially relate to Yona and Hak. Sure, Suwon hurt them, but I know that the relationship they shared since childhood is still strong, even though they have hatred in their hearts. So I can't blame Yona for choosing to help Suwon rather than take the chance to take his life to avenge her father's death. I personally wouldn't like the idea of Yona getting her revenge by killing Suwon or overthrowing him, it is like having the same cycle. King Il killing Yunho, Suwon killing King Il, Hak/Yona killing Suwon... then it would create another hatred that would lead to the two being killed by someone... I'm fed up ><

But let's see how the three will turn out. Will the friendship be brought back, or will it remain like acquaintance only? Or, will the two get their revenge and defeat the other?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I predicted before that Suwon might have an illness or will soon die when in chapter 183 Geun-Tae mentioned Suwon marrying and having lots of babies/ an heir. Suwon replied that it would take long and he had to find someone worthy of the throne regardless the social standing or blood relation.

I think he'd choose Yona. But it is a wonder why Suwon is very interested in Zeno's immortality. Does he want to extend his life and rule Kohka forever?? And that he is trying to find a way to achieve that through Zeno? I dunno. Suwon is the most mysterious character here.
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Apr 2020
For the past few chapters my blood has been boiling and the last events of this chapter was the final switch, just seeing his face makes me rage so much. Even tho he's funny and cool looking, I can't bring myself to like him. Yona sitting next to him was already irritating and now he's on her shoulders ?? Just when everything was going on great between Hak and Yona. I really wanna stab this man 🔪.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

5 by Jogii »»
Apr 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 91 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

38 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 7, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.