Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 27, 2019 9:05 PM
Aug 2015
starchild91 said:
Hylianticipated said:
Can someone explain to me in the least spoilery way possible as to why the final arc is so bad? I see all the time that manga readers hate it. Is it just that nothing interesting happens and has an open-ended finale? Or does something horrible happen that's left unresolved? Or is it just such a poorly written story that it's boring and painful to read?

Blue Arc: NTR , incest , character regression , love rival , villain too OP.....

spoiler with more details :

I stopped reading right after: "in the end"
and it sounds pretty terrible alright. Can someone tell me if there is ANYTHING good about it or is it just disappointment after disappointment?
Dec 27, 2019 9:38 PM
Oct 2019
Crosmic said:
starchild91 said:

Blue Arc: NTR , incest , character regression , love rival , villain too OP.....

I stopped reading right after: "in the end"
and it sounds pretty terrible alright. Can someone tell me if there is ANYTHING good about it or is it just disappointment after disappointment?

only few things imo nothing more
ithyphallic60Dec 27, 2019 10:39 PM
Dec 27, 2019 10:50 PM

Oct 2014
Hokage_Jason said:
Hoping for an original ending and a Soma x Megumi romance. Although I doubt that since romance has never been the shows focus. Really though how can people like Erina? She's such a stuck up b@*^$

Megumi deserves Soma.

Megumi is always there for Soma.
Megumi continue to strive because of Soma.
They see each other birth suit.
They hold hands a lot of times.
Soma always cares for Megumi
Megumi loves Soma.
Dec 28, 2019 12:40 PM

Jul 2015
all they had to end it in was a time skip where Souma is running the Yukihira Diner with Erina. It would make sense because it would end in Souma fulfilling his actual objective and also showing us how much Erina changed by having her work at a place she would've never stepped into in the beginning of the story. Also providing a happy end where Souma and Erina end up together. I don't understand how difficult it was for them to do something so simple. Maybe they were trying to revitalize the series adding cheap shock value. it's a real shame
Dec 28, 2019 3:58 PM

Dec 2014
Nice final season...this will ught to be good
Dec 28, 2019 9:30 PM
Oct 2019
ex
ReguIus said:
all they had to end it in was a time skip where Souma is running the Yukihira Diner with Erina. It would make sense because it would end in Souma fulfilling his actual objective and also showing us how much Erina changed by having her work at a place she would've never stepped into in the beginning of the story. Also providing a happy end where Souma and Erina end up together. I don't understand how difficult it was for them to do something so simple. Maybe they were trying to revitalize the series adding cheap shock value. it's a real shame

Exactly , not to mention they skipped (almost 9 years) and they just realize their it doesn't make any sense !!? not 2 or 3 but 9 YEARS LONG TO REALIZE THEIR FEELING

the main problem was (le dessert)

1. soma LOST to erina who just woke up from her nightmare WON the blue tournament without any efforts.(showing only results )!!!? so who is the protagonist again of this series souma or erina ???
2 asahi became part of nakiri family (canon) with more screen time and better ending than souma,while souma still friendzoned
3. souma x erina not canon but they will eventually (use imagination) ,
4. after 9 YEARS of timeskip made some romantic progress (in the epilogue)!? by using (inner monologue instead of speaking)!?
5. never said delicious to souma (directly).
6. souma keep travelling instead of running his restaurant.
7. not even showing soumas new skills after what he learned from travelling or the dish that hes going to serve in the end instead we get disgusting food like really what the point of travelling.
8. open ended: a cliffhanger without a proper closure, both in terms of cooking and romantic relationship.

(Shokugeki no souma TO Shokugeki no Nakiri):

with all nakiri family members including asahi sit down together and enjoy their meal, Happily ever after.
(blue arc and le dessert): was all about erinas mother,father,half brother and grandfather (even the cover of the manga vol 33.45,35 speak it self)

(ch 315.2) we only got little backstory about souma's mother. the only interesting thing in (le dessert) was the backstory of souma's mother .
(Backstory: Souma's mother > Nakiri family)

missing objectives:

1. i will make you say delicious? never said delicious to souma like she admitted
2. i will run the restaurant after the graduation ? keep travelling instead of running the restaurant
3. taste the love (Manga CH 52.5)? she still didn't taste it
4. will surpass my father? author: but through asahi of course
ithyphallic60Mar 15, 2020 9:01 PM
Dec 28, 2019 10:01 PM

Oct 2018
ibraheem234 said:
Nice final season...this will ught to be good

*points to butterfly* Is this sarcasm?
Dec 30, 2019 6:47 AM
Jun 2015
Hylianticipated said:
Can someone explain to me in the least spoilery way possible as to why the final arc is so bad? I see all the time that manga readers hate it. Is it just that nothing interesting happens and has an open-ended finale? Or does something horrible happen that's left unresolved? Or is it just such a poorly written story that it's boring and painful to read?

Actually, the last arc is about the God's Tongue problems and why Senzaemon pressing Joichiro to put Souma for schooling in Totsuki.
Dec 30, 2019 10:13 AM

Dec 2014
Classy_Cassy said:
ibraheem234 said:
Nice final season...this will ought to be good

*points to butterfly* Is this sarcasm?

it is for those who understood it
Jan 1, 2020 9:10 AM
Aug 2018
Ahahahahah...ahahah...hahahahah...hahah..hah..haaaaa....

The translator (of the manga site which i'm followin) literally mentally died while translating this arc.

So, no. There is no hype. I already dropped the series at 3rd season.

Shokugeki no Souma was good because comedy and characters. Not because shokugeki's. When anime consists of endless shokugeki battles after 2nd season, sucked. That's all.

I know this is disappointing and even a little tragic, but you have to deal with it.
Jan 1, 2020 9:25 AM

Dec 2016
Jocus_ said:
Yu
starchild91 said:
spoilers with details:

Yup.. very well explained... I really fail to comprehend why the author did what he did with his story... it was like different author had taken over from Elite ten arc...

There are couple of factors that can be contribute to the manga downfall:
1. The author don't seem can conclude the romantic arc. The main antagonist was created just to hook Souma and Erika up but it just go no where.
2. The author also said that he want the story to be more shounen-y, that why he add things like superpower into the story cause other shounen cooking manga also have super power. Which is pretty dumb since those stories started with superpower while SnS is semi-realistic.
3. The food consultant take a maternal break so the author can't come up with new cooking recipes anymore.
Jan 2, 2020 1:08 AM
Sep 2015
Know what fuck this adaptation
Jan 3, 2020 3:22 AM

Jun 2013
This is basically like season 8 GoT, dont watch it, it will just ruined the series for you.
Jan 3, 2020 5:24 AM

Oct 2017
I wonder if they are gonna adapt the three Le Dessert chapters.
Jan 3, 2020 12:57 PM
Oct 2019
all i want is :

1. soma WINS the BLUE tournament
2. erina say DELICIOUS LIKE SHE ADMITTED TO SOUMA AND SMILE
3. finally END UP TOGETHER (OFFICIALLY) NOT HINTING
ithyphallic60Jan 13, 2020 5:44 AM
Jan 5, 2020 12:15 PM

Jan 2012
I felt like the 4th season was a good ending and didnt expect a 5th season until some random guy shows up. No clue but its gonna be hard to start a new story

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jan 9, 2020 2:16 AM
Oct 2019
SPOILER

Hitler React to Shokugeki no Soma Le Dessert ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-2vvBsXx1A

and i also read the fanbook and it was BS ,confirmed their relationship that they'll endup together (in the future) but using (words instead of visually) confirmed without any sign of panel or at least something (FACTS) OUT OF 200 PAGES !!??
Jan 12, 2020 6:40 AM
Jan 2020
I litrally made an account tonpost my dissapointment...

Why... the... eff did they think this is a good idea. I get having respect for the manga but ffs that doesnt mean you need to adapt literal shit as an anime why didint they just end it at season 4 and be done with it...

First i find out nanatsu no taizai is given to a trash studio that cant animate for shit now im told im not going to get a proper ending for soma...

Thanks a lot you shameless fucks...
I swear to god the doujins will have a more proper and satisfying ending then the god damn anime...
Jan 12, 2020 12:13 PM

May 2016
My post is probably unrelated to this thread
Since people are shitting on the content of S5 so much, I feel like reading the manga
From what chapter should I start reading? I just completed watching S4
Jan 13, 2020 5:34 AM
Oct 2019
archmage-senpai said:
My post is probably unrelated to this thread
Since people are shitting on the content of S5 so much, I feel like reading the manga
From what chapter should I start reading? I just completed watching S4

from (ch 264) :

1- new villian too op and cooler than souma
2- love rival
3- character regression
4. yuki morosaki not involved in the blue arc (Morisaki is the brains of all the recipes used in the series. The series officially lists her as a"collaborator").
5. removed almost 70% of cooking from the manga entire cooking sequences skipped meaning showing only results
6. cooking with some kind of a weapon (making whipped cream with CHAINSAW and baking with Dynamite and more)
7. foodgasm was no longer interesting
9. same thing dealing with nakiri family drama again.
10.superpower
11. the usage of the characters are not that emphasize so much compared to previous arcs. the story just revolves on the protag and the antag.
12. rushed
13. worst plot twist which nobody likes it or care about (vilian)
14. ( 9 years later ) the epilogue be like: wait...WHAT...thats it !?
15. from comedy to worst drama and romance
16. shokugeki No Souma To Shokugeki no Nakiri (BLUE)
17. th villain got more screen time and better ending than souma
and more...
ithyphallic60Mar 13, 2020 9:43 PM
Jan 14, 2020 3:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The ending of the fourth season was perfect I'm really afraid to see it became NTR romance drama... (And Souma x Megumi is the best)
Feb 10, 2020 11:52 PM

Apr 2013
starchild91 said:
Hylianticipated said:

Blue Arc: character regression , love rival , villain too OP.....

As anime-watcher, try to read this, I'm pissed off...
Why SnS don't take the usual road of school-like life like other school-life series besides focus on romance/villain so on? Like introduce other chef school to be Totsuki's rival, world chef competition, junior 1st year joins...

My heart 50/50 to watch or not because ending 4th season is too good to finish the series...
MrBluebearFeb 10, 2020 11:56 PM
Feb 27, 2020 1:46 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Feb 27, 2020 2:08 AM

May 2019
I can't wait to see how shitty this is, i thought everything except the 1st season was bad so i can only imagine how shit season 5 is gonna be when people that liked the first 4 say its gonna be terrible.
Mar 2, 2020 5:25 PM

May 2009
Gazz said:
Hokage_Jason said:
Hoping for an original ending and a Soma x Megumi romance. Although I doubt that since romance has never been the shows focus. Really though how can people like Erina? She's such a stuck up b@*^$

Megumi deserves Soma.

Megumi loves Soma.

Stop deluding youself. Megumi is just a cheerleader character, there is no romance between them. Besides author was outed as being shit at romance when he stated in interview that he didn't see Alice and her dog as possible pair.

SerhaTR0483-2 said:
The translator (of the manga site which i'm followin) literally mentally died while translating this arc.

Mangaplus translator or your language site?

starchild91 said:
all i want is :

You get the opposite of all three.
Also fucking terrible haircuts for Erina in epilogue chapters.
Mar 2, 2020 8:39 PM
Oct 2019
bastek66 said:
Gazz said:

Megumi deserves Soma.

Megumi loves Soma.

Stop deluding youself. Megumi is just a cheerleader character, there is no romance between them. Besides author was outed as being shit at romance when he stated in interview that he didn't see Alice and her dog as possible pair.

SerhaTR0483-2 said:

Mangaplus translator or your language site?

starchild91 said:
all i want is :

You get the opposite of all three.
Also fucking terrible haircuts for Erina in epilogue chapters.

thats y i said i want , they need to change it in the (BLUE , le dessert)

and yeah erinas hair looks terrible

not to mention the whole arc and le dessert was terrible

ithyphallic60Mar 2, 2020 9:44 PM
Mar 8, 2020 11:43 AM

Jul 2016
It seems like the true horror of this upcoming arc is the cuck storm. Holy shit I didn't know it would be that bad, fuck that shit. Series is dead
Mar 8, 2020 7:38 PM
Oct 2019
Anime_Biscuit said:
It seems like the true horror of this upcoming arc is the cuck storm. Holy shit I didn't know it would be that bad, fuck that shit. Series is dead

worst season but why the next final season is going to be bad ?? unless if they made some huge changes or a whole new arc (original) which impossible in my opinion ,well here some MAJOR SPOILERS WITH DETAILS why the next final arc (BLUE) was bad:

ithyphallic60Mar 25, 2020 10:21 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

233 by penguin_sama »»
Jan 30, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

74 by phantom346 »»
Jan 10, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

168 by emptycamz »»
Nov 21, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

82 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:26 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

72 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.