Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 14, 2019 8:29 PM
Feb 2017
Kirishima is starting to be one of my favorite characters. The fight started growing on me bit by bit after watching it again.
Dec 14, 2019 8:59 PM
Sep 2017
The 3 episodes without Deku are easily the best in the whole series.
Dec 14, 2019 9:04 PM
May 2016
Slimcoder said:
Modernoir said:

I appreciated the manga a ton until the Joint Training Arc, then Hori made the most incompetent decision he's ever done for the manga and killed most of the reasons why I enjoyed it to begin with. Everything until then was actually very good in my eyes.

Truth be told if that's what it took to kill your enjoyment then you probably never liked it that much.

I've seen worse & that wasn't it.

Old_School_Akira said:

Horikoshi likes to rip off Naruto a lot. Even with his flash backs that motivate the good guys to win.

Wait but that's not ripping off Naruto. Ignoring that this fight isn't anything like Choji vs Jirobo, flashbacks in the middle of a fight is a general shonen thing, Naruto doesn't own that.

It was steadily declining in that arc but that single "reveal" killed all interest I had in the series being anything more than a generic shounen. You may enjoy it, and others may enjoy it, and that's fine, but I expected much more from the series. I'm not hating on anyone that likes that direction, for me it just killed my interest however.
Stripes said:
Modernoir said:

I appreciated the manga a ton until the Joint Training Arc, then Hori made the most incompetent decision he's ever done for the manga and killed most of the reasons why I enjoyed it to begin with. Everything until then was actually very good in my eyes.

Why continue watch a series to a manga you give up on later?

Hatsuyuki said:
Kinda weird to see people pissy about the quality of this season, honestly as an anime only I have not noticed any dip in quality production nor story wise, it's pretty much what you would expect from a BNHA season.

With that out of the way, I wish turning from a fatass into a chad was so simple IRL

Kinda seem like a guy who likes average anime. You sure you can even distinctly assess good directing with bad. Aside from a bit of note worthy staff that really boosted the quality of this series like the animation director. Then yeah, the quality is going to drop through the floor.

You may have thought the direction the series took was fine, and that's okay, but for me it killed all charm the series had and has taken it down a direction I thought Horikoshi would've avoided, but ended up doing so anyway because he wants to pad the series out a hell of a lot since it's his big money-earner. I'm not hating on the fans, I'm just extremely disappointed. And I'm watching because until that point I think the series had some excellent things, this arc had several great moments, the next arc has a really great villain and fight and the Pro Hero arc is one of the best in the series.
ModernoirDec 14, 2019 9:12 PM
Dec 14, 2019 9:04 PM

Aug 2017
Patchbobo said:

Sorry to break it to ya homes but that ends next week. XD
I used to be a watchmaker.
Dec 14, 2019 9:10 PM
May 2016
How anyone can think this season is AOTY in a year full of literally some of the best, most innovative and creative anime we've seen all decade is beyond me. It's had some good stuff but we're not even at the stuff that most people consider makes the arc great, the pacing has been pretty bad as well and they've failed to hit the mark on some really good parts. That said I have high hopes for the next fights, if Bones have put all their effort into the finale of this arc then I might just forgive them for how they handled this ep.

That said, this was a really fucking good video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfWwiufVNA
ModernoirDec 14, 2019 9:14 PM
Dec 14, 2019 9:16 PM

Aug 2017
Modernoir said:
How anyone can think this season is AOTY in a year full of literally some of the best, most innovative and creative anime we've seen all decade is beyond me. It's had some good stuff but we're not even at the stuff that most people consider makes the arc great, the pacing has been pretty bad as well and they've failed to hit the mark on some really good parts. That said I have high hopes for the next fights, if Bones have put all their effort into the finale of this arc then I might just forgive them for how they handled this ep.

That said, this was a really fucking good video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfWwiufVNA

I don't know most of the comments here are really positive & the poll results always have the 'Loved It!" vote in the lead with the majority multi-hundred votes.

So people just really reacted positively to everything that they've just been shown this season, especially this episodes content.
Dec 14, 2019 9:21 PM
May 2016
Slimcoder said:
Modernoir said:

I don't know most of the comments here are really positive & the poll results always have the 'Loved It!" vote in the lead with the majority multi-hundred votes.

So people just really reacted positively to everything that they've just been shown this season, especially this episodes content.

Comparing this season's poll results to the previous ones it's pretty obvious the positive reception is far less strong. This episode, the last one and Kiri's Unbreakable episode are the only ones that have the "loved it!" vote anywhere close to 70% of the total. That said we have yet to have an episode that reaches the heights of Deku vs Muscular/All For One vs All Might/Deku vs Bakugou 2 yet in terms of quality, so we'll see if Bones can pull it around and this arc on a grand note. Which they should, if they're saving their best animators for the next fights they're going to be ridiculously fun to watch.
Dec 14, 2019 9:48 PM

Oct 2017
Red Riot and Fat Gum were shining this episode.
It was surprising to see the real aspect of Fat Gum without all his usual weigh,
he's even more handsome than before lol.

I truly hope see much more development Kirishima's power.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Dec 14, 2019 10:08 PM
Sep 2017
Slimcoder said:
Patchbobo said:

I know it does, the final fight of this arc is the most cringe worthy forced shit ever.
Dec 14, 2019 10:27 PM

Apr 2017
i TOLD yall this episode was gonna have some backstories and character development. while we did get that, i really expected this episode to be insane, and ngl i'm kinda let down. i thought that kirishima and rappa fight was gonna get some epic animation since it's a fan favorite, but it was kinda lackluster. oh well, bones must be saving the real good stuff for

still, we got some good character moments and i felt myself getting pretty emotional. this is a great arc for a reason, trust me.
Dec 14, 2019 10:35 PM

Aug 2017
Patchbobo said:
Slimcoder said:

I know it does, the final fight of this arc is the most cringe worthy forced shit ever.

Ahahahaha that's always funny to hear, whatever ya say. XD
Dec 14, 2019 10:39 PM
Sep 2017
Slimcoder said:
Patchbobo said:

You gave Two Heroes, one of the worst battle shonen movies a 9. Of course you'd defend it.
Dec 14, 2019 10:48 PM

Aug 2017
Patchbobo said:
Slimcoder said:

You gave Two Heroes, one of the worst battle shonen movies a 9. Of course you'd defend it.

FYI I don't particularly listen to anyone who seriously goes "this is the worst thing ever" so eh. (shrugs)
Dec 14, 2019 11:19 PM
Nov 2019
Patchbobo said:

How can someone hates Deku so much? What he did wrong?
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Dec 14, 2019 11:21 PM
Nov 2019
Patchbobo said:
Slimcoder said:

Two Heroes is anime movie of the year!
It is a solid 10/10!
Dec 14, 2019 11:24 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
phxntomhiveghoul said:
i TOLD yall this episode was gonna have some backstories and character development. while we did get that, i really expected this episode to be insane, and ngl i'm kinda let down. i thought that kirishima and rappa fight was gonna get some epic animation since it's a fan favorite, but it was kinda lackluster. oh well, bones must be saving the real good stuff for

still, we got some good character moments and i felt myself getting pretty emotional. this is a great arc for a reason, trust me.

No need to hide the name. This series is too simple and we know the obvious. Midoriya=MC vs the villain shown in the op and latest eps.
Why bother setting anymore expectation for future fight with this level of directing?
It's not Bones, it's the staffs. MHA S4 < Movie2
Dec 14, 2019 11:28 PM

Feb 2015
The episode was really good, I never thought I’d be interested in the background of a character like Kirishima, the development of this character is interesting, he also struggled for something to become a real hero (despite they’re not real heroes yet). So, Fat Gum is not that fat and uses his body fat to fight. Great episode.
Dec 14, 2019 11:35 PM
Nov 2019
Atlas77 said:
The episode was really good, I never thought I’d be interested in the background of a character like Kirishima, the development of this character is interesting, he also struggled for something to become a real hero (despite they’re not real heroes yet). So, Fat Gum is not that fat and uses his body fat to fight. Great episode.

Things get more insane when we think that Horikoshi is doing alot of build up planning something similar to a war like Marineford/Wano in the long term xD
Dec 15, 2019 12:32 AM

May 2017
Probably my favourite episode so far♡♡♡
Damn, Kirishima is a cool character. His whole backstory is pretty unique compared to Bakugo and Midoria's stories so far. And Fat Gum is just a badass, wtf
Dec 15, 2019 12:36 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
VitorLeiteAncap said:

Some of these are real contenders like SNK S3 P2 and Mob Psycho 100 II.

Kimetsu no Yaiba only wins BNHA in animation imo and overral this season of BNHA is better than the Cake Island Arc of One Piece(the bad pacing of OP is literally a meme lol), i heard Jojo new final is meh, and Dr. Stone and Promised Neverland seems equal overral.

The only thing that needed to improve this season was: fighthing animations animated with love(because they seem very rushed), and that goddam recap episode, a damage that cannot be undone...
Overral this is the best season and anime of the year if we get rid of these details.

Also the pacing issue was caused thanks to that shit recap episode, without that the score of this season would be sitting around 8.7!

The series already has flaws from the start of this season with slow start of a flashback recap and the execution of the recent eps with extra flashback. No vibes no chill this season. Yet, some people are claiming this season is better than previous seasons and AOTY. Even if the fighting scene improve, there really not much change to the pace as it already set as it is from the manga.
Here is a rating poll in Japan. It's coming from the country that produce anime.
As of 12/15, overall highest score for tv series only
11th place on winter season (https://www.anikore.jp/chronicle/2019/autumn/ac:tv/)
81th place in 2019 (https://www.anikore.jp/chronicle/2019/ac:tv/page:4)

Also, animation isn't the only thing ufotable is good at but also how the voice acting and choreography sync in with the BGM. That's why the series is known as a work of art.
Fuwa_sanDec 15, 2019 12:40 AM
Dec 15, 2019 12:48 AM
Sep 2017
VitorLeiteAncap said:
Patchbobo said:

How can someone hates Deku so much? What he did wrong?

Did you not watch episode 2? Jumped on a hero who was taking a villain to jail causing him to get free and attacking someone. He only saved Bakugo cause of the guilt he felt that he was the one who caused it and that it was his "friend" in trouble. All of this happened cause of his sick obsession with All Might. And he still thinks he's worthy of One For All after meeting countless people more worthy. "Let me say I am here" cringe. Then we also have Two Heroes a movie that shits on Deku even more by showing that quirkless people can be useful but he's just a little bitch who wanted to feel sorry for himself.
Dec 15, 2019 2:04 AM
Nov 2019
xkazutox said:
VitorLeiteAncap said:

Some of these are real contenders like SNK S3 P2 and Mob Psycho 100 II.

Kimetsu no Yaiba only wins BNHA in animation imo and overral this season of BNHA is better than the Cake Island Arc of One Piece(the bad pacing of OP is literally a meme lol), i heard Jojo new final is meh, and Dr. Stone and Promised Neverland seems equal overral.

The only thing that needed to improve this season was: fighthing animations animated with love(because they seem very rushed), and that goddam recap episode, a damage that cannot be undone...
Overral this is the best season and anime of the year if we get rid of these details.

Also the pacing issue was caused thanks to that shit recap episode, without that the score of this season would be sitting around 8.7!

The series already has flaws from the start of this season with slow start of a flashback recap and the execution of the recent eps with extra flashback. No vibes no chill this season. Yet, some people are claiming this season is better than previous seasons and AOTY. Even if the fighting scene improve, there really not much change to the pace as it already set as it is from the manga.
Here is a rating poll in Japan. It's coming from the country that produce anime.
As of 12/15, overall highest score for tv series only
11th place on winter season (https://www.anikore.jp/chronicle/2019/autumn/ac:tv/)
81th place in 2019 (https://www.anikore.jp/chronicle/2019/ac:tv/page:4)

Also, animation isn't the only thing ufotable is good at but also how the voice acting and choreography sync in with the BGM. That's why the series is known as a work of art.

The moment i see BNHA S4 below SAO i knew this site ratings is shit.

Voice Sync is perfect in BNHA and BGM i agree a little bit about the problem, i think this mistake was more something to do that Bones is like only 50% on BNHA S4, the other part is on the movie, but even with that it atleast still can be top 3 of the year!

Also the flashbacks is not the problem, because SnK has flashbacks all the time and yet alot of people claim it to be "anime of the decade", the only pacing issue with this season was caused by the recap episode.
VitorLeiteAncapDec 15, 2019 2:14 AM
Dec 15, 2019 2:30 AM

Sep 2019
Oh damn, I wasn't expecting Fat Gum to transform into badass mode. Honestly, I got the full extend of his quirk wrong.

While MHA always had good build-ups, I shake the feeling that I wanted a little more action. Then again, it's usually been like that; build-up into a sick moment/battle.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Dec 15, 2019 4:14 AM

Dec 2014
ok how did fat gum became like that in the end
Dec 15, 2019 8:36 AM
Oct 2016
actually a pretty solid episode
Dec 15, 2019 10:30 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
VitorLeiteAncap said:

Voice Sync is perfect in BNHA and BGM i agree a little bit about the problem, i think this mistake was more something to do that Bones is like only 50% on BNHA S4, the other part is on the movie, but even with that it atleast still can be top 3 of the year!

Also the flashbacks is not the problem, because SnK has flashbacks all the time and yet alot of people claim it to be "anime of the decade", the only pacing issue with this season was caused by the recap episode.

I don't get you dude. You don't think MAL rating is shit either? But I think you're just playing favorite. More like ignorance since you seem like you don't like other opinion when it doesn't match with your. And seriously, you should watch more anime since it give you a sense of how anime are directed. Acknowledge the flaws and still call it top 3. You should try speculate if the slow pace directing continue until the end of this series. For every fight, a flashback in the middle of it. Already seen happen with Suneater and Kirishima.

BTW Comparing this to SAO when you got nothing else better to compare. They both are in the 80s, you really got poor taste in anime. MHA is for younger audience, simple plot, chara growth, hero vs villain. Nothing less nothing more. However, it doesn't have that darker theme that some anime like SAO/KnY/SnK offer that was intended for older audience.

The reason why I put added a link was for you to see that it's not even top 10 but top 80.
https://www.anikore.jp/chronicle/2019/ac:tv/
Dec 15, 2019 10:33 AM

Jul 2015
a little disappointed by the animations as a manga reader but go kirishima!!!! absolute best boy whos come so far in terms of his confidence and strength. the attention hes been getting this season is so well deserved
Dec 15, 2019 10:33 AM

Dec 2018
Hatsuyuki said:
Kinda weird to see people pissy about the quality of this season, honestly as an anime-only, I have not noticed any dip in quality production nor story-wise, it's pretty much what you would expect from a BNHA season.

With that out of the way, I wish turning from a fatass into a chad was so simple IRL

IKR, ignore the "entitled" manga people, they are entitled to their perfect dream and simply cannot accept anything slightly different and won't let us anime onlies enjoy at peace.

That said, this was insane. Kirishima is such a great character and his hardships are so familiar. How many times have my mind's telling me yes!!!, but my body, my boodddyyyy'ssss telling me nooooo!!.

Kirishima chivalrously sacrifices himself and fat gum temporally one for all.

All these people talking about bad animation, I am like "Did I watch Boku no Pico or something???", what the hell. Also how the hell do you animate the hell out of something if the situation is, stand like an unmovable wall, they did everything they could in my opinion, they also did Yutaka Nakamura's light burst trademark with Kirishima's hard eye.
Dec 15, 2019 11:48 AM
Jul 2011
Was kind of weird seeing Mina being so important to Kirishima's character development at first, I don't remember them interacting that much in previous seasons besides when they were on the same team with Bakugou some time ago. Was nice to see the characters interacting and having so much impact with each other outside of Deku and Bakugou's shadow.

Fat Gum ultimate attack gave me too much flashback vibes of Chouji butterfly super punch.

Kirishima has had two episode moments to shine now, this season really loves him. I don't mind since he is pretty cool character and his moment was better whatever they tried to do with Suneater who's big episode moment kind of fell flat.
Dec 15, 2019 11:57 AM

May 2015
FAT IS NO FAT. BULLSHIT! :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 15, 2019 12:09 PM

Jun 2015
wow Fat Gum turned out to be hot
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 15, 2019 12:44 PM
Oct 2019
My god this episode is unbelievable
Dec 15, 2019 1:06 PM
Nov 2019
xkazutox said:
VitorLeiteAncap said:

I don't get you dude. You don't think MAL rating is shit either? But I think you're just playing favorite. More like ignorance since you seem like you don't like other opinion when it doesn't match with your. And seriously, you should watch more anime since it give you a sense of how anime are directed. Acknowledge the flaws and still call it top 3. You should try speculate if the slow pace directing continue until the end of this series. For every fight, a flashback in the middle of it. Already seen happen with Suneater and Kirishima.

BTW Comparing this to SAO when you got nothing else better to compare. They both are in the 80s, you really got poor taste in anime. MHA is for younger audience, simple plot, chara growth, hero vs villain. Nothing less nothing more. However, it doesn't have that darker theme that some anime like SAO/KnY/SnK offer that was intended for older audience.

The reason why I put added a link was for you to see that it's not even top 10 but top 80.
https://www.anikore.jp/chronicle/2019/ac:tv/

A anime quality is not defined if it has a darker theme or not, for example NGNL is one of the best animes created yet but its theme is more light than BNHA.

Also i don't say MAL ratings is good either, but comparing to this site MAL ratings seems more accurate, BNHA is the anime that most excel in character development, what Naruto didn't have, BNHA has it in its fullest potential, for example BNHA in one Arc gives like around character development for like over 70 characters! The build-ups are no problem, if that was a problem then SNK, Vinland Saga, HxH(2011) and FMAB are bad animes just like BNHA because they have similar build-ups, and the pacing only problem is the recap episode, these flashbacks are important, for example im more happy to see that indepth history than seeing the characters yelling and fighthing for over like 4 episodes with that vibe of "This isnt even my final form!", Horikoshi don't plans to have BNHA as a common shounen and the firsts season is mostly build ups for somethings greater(Horikoshi can do a incredible world-building with the frontiers beyond Japan).

Now lets speak for the flaws of the other animes:
Promissed Neverland and Kaguya-sama animation and character development is inferior to BNHA and the plot doenst have the same potential, they actually are inferior, these two doenst give hype and are very bland in indepth characterization, the power levels are a joke with that ammount of inconsistencyes and the magic system is much inferior compared to the Quirks.

Vinland Saga build up and character development is inferior to BNHA, there are moments that VS seems rushed compared to the manga and Vinland Saga has much more plot holes and history inconsistency than BNHA and the magic system isn't even explained!

Kimetsu no Yaiba was saved thanks to Ufotable, its history is even much more cliche than BNHA season 1(BNHA atleast gets better every season, lets see if KnY give us that trend).

SNK S3P2 and Mob Psycho 100 II are the only animes of this year that are on par with BNHA S4, SNK this season has bad BGM compared to previous seasons, the history was good but it has more plot holes than BNHA S4 if we compare, and Mob Psycho 100 II was much more previsible than BNHA. Now to end this discussion both all the animes of this year(excluding Vinland Saga of course) can't get closer to BNHA S4 character indepth, and in character development BNHA S4 is top 1 alone.

Now you know that every anime has flaws you should know that anime of the year is very subjective, but assuming that i don't have good obervation on animes is pure ignorance to say the least, BNHA only flaws this season is the recap episode and the lack of sakuga(which is not something great btw), BNHA S4 overral is on par with SNK S3P2 and Mob Psycho 100 II, but i value more character development, character indepth and a history with few to no plotholes, thats why i put BNHA S4 top 1 because BNHA S4 is the best in these areas.
VitorLeiteAncapDec 15, 2019 2:23 PM
Dec 15, 2019 2:45 PM

Sep 2014
Something about this episode was off. Usually these type of episodes is where BNHA shines the most and it certainly did. But I feel a bit bad for Kirishima. You would expect him going plus Ultra after the pretty long flashback and after Suneater was allowed to have his moment. But all it did was use him to stall while Fit Gum counterattacked. Thats .. underwhelming. Why is Fat Gum getting a secret move but Kirishima got the flashback?

Im hyped, but I also feel bad for Kirishima after the Red Riot form from before was so epic.

Also instead of giving us a proper fight after the flashback Fit Gum just ends it in one punch. Kinda underwhelming after the flashabck was so long. Atleast it also showed more about Acid Girl
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 15, 2019 3:45 PM
Nov 2019
Comander-07 said:
Something about this episode was off. Usually these type of episodes is where BNHA shines the most and it certainly did. But I feel a bit bad for Kirishima. You would expect him going plus Ultra after the pretty long flashback and after Suneater was allowed to have his moment. But all it did was use him to stall while Fit Gum counterattacked. Thats .. underwhelming. Why is Fat Gum getting a secret move but Kirishima got the flashback?

Im hyped, but I also feel bad for Kirishima after the Red Riot form from before was so epic.

Also instead of giving us a proper fight after the flashback Fit Gum just ends it in one punch. Kinda underwhelming after the flashabck was so long. Atleast it also showed more about Acid Girl

Without that move Fat Gum would've been defeated because he was defenseless, Kirishima not only saved his life but he allowed him to perfom a counter attack!

Just remember, Kirishima especiallity is hardening, he didnt finished the villains but he played a important role to defeat them, if hes the one that defeated them instead of Fat Gum then alot of people would've been hating this episode for plot hole or asspulls because he isnt in the pro-level yet.
Dec 15, 2019 4:00 PM
Nov 2017
Yautja said:
Fat Gum being surprisingly good looking ain't all that surprising for some reason.

Maybe it's just been too long, but this arc so far isn't significantly different from the manga, at least as far as I can remember. This one episode in particular was good for giving Kirishima the necessary context to make that move impactful.

Though I can see the irritation at flashbacks, just 15 minutes of a slugfesting where there's no explanation for a move that changes the course of the fight isn't much better. Not to say that is the only alternative, but here there weren't many.

That said, the "big" fight is where things are going to get really judgmental on my part. Hopefully they do that one well.

Those who think this is the worst arc have clearly not read or kept up to date on the manga or are smoking something really strong. I'm pretty sure this arc is one of the favorites, and it introduces some of the favorite characters like Mirio.
literally every arc after this one is better than it so wym ?
Dec 15, 2019 4:45 PM

Feb 2015
MonkeyDJasper said:
Yautja said:
Fat Gum being surprisingly good looking ain't all that surprising for some reason.

Maybe it's just been too long, but this arc so far isn't significantly different from the manga, at least as far as I can remember. This one episode in particular was good for giving Kirishima the necessary context to make that move impactful.

Though I can see the irritation at flashbacks, just 15 minutes of a slugfesting where there's no explanation for a move that changes the course of the fight isn't much better. Not to say that is the only alternative, but here there weren't many.

That said, the "big" fight is where things are going to get really judgmental on my part. Hopefully they do that one well.

Those who think this is the worst arc have clearly not read or kept up to date on the manga or are smoking something really strong. I'm pretty sure this arc is one of the favorites, and it introduces some of the favorite characters like Mirio.
literally every arc after this one is better than it so wym ?

That is 100% not true. No arc has gotten as much hate or contention as the villain arc, from myself included. It's literally the only arc I've actually disliked and seen consistent bitching about. And the remedial course arc was just there. The School Festival, Joint Training Arc & Pro Hero Arc are all very good and loved, but idk if they're more liked or better. And for what it's worth, the Overhaul arc is the longest arc of any.

These are what I mean man. Notice how Overhaul is always mentioned, if not at the top. Even on the latest threads.
Dec 15, 2019 4:58 PM

Sep 2014
VitorLeiteAncap said:
Comander-07 said:

Without that move Fat Gum would've been defeated because he was defenseless, Kirishima not only saved his life but he allowed him to perfom a counter attack!

Just remember, Kirishima especiallity is hardening, he didnt finished the villains but he played a important role to defeat them, if hes the one that defeated them instead of Fat Gum then alot of people would've been hating this episode for plot hole or asspulls because he isnt in the pro-level yet.
Im not blind I saw what happened lmao

It just feels weak, Suneater soloed 3 guys and even though Kirishima was already given a developement moment he got one again but it didnt really matter. As it stands this episodes only purpose way to delay the main team further.

Either make the flashback character stand out or get it done with. An entire episode was too long.
Dec 15, 2019 5:17 PM
Nov 2019
Comander-07 said:
VitorLeiteAncap said:

It just feels weak, Suneater soloed 3 guys and even though Kirishima was already given a developement moment he got one again but it didnt really matter. As it stands this episodes only purpose way to delay the main team further.

Either make the flashback character stand out or get it done with. An entire episode was too long.

Thats only show the difference of level, also Rappa and Tengai is very strong, i don't think Suneater would have a easy time against them, maybe he will even lose to them!

This flashback i think covered a entire chapter, which is not bad, the pacing is perfect if we compare with the manga, the main problem that people is complaining is the lack of Sakuga because 50% of the main staff is working on the movie instead Bones going 100% to the main anime in the season 4 xd
Dec 15, 2019 6:24 PM

Oct 2008
OH MY GOD!!! that was so awesome EPIC! i'm tearing-up again!
only an ultra few rare anime can make me teared-up!
5/5!!!

Dec 15, 2019 6:40 PM

Sep 2014
VitorLeiteAncap said:
Comander-07 said:

Thats only show the difference of level, also Rappa and Tengai is very strong, i don't think Suneater would have a easy time against them, maybe he will even lose to them!

This flashback i think covered a entire chapter, which is not bad, the pacing is perfect if we compare with the manga, the main problem that people is complaining is the lack of Sakuga because 50% of the main staff is working on the movie instead Bones going 100% to the main anime in the season 4 xd
nobody cares about strength. This was teased as his moment and he appeared weak. That is unsatisfying. Also bad manga pacing is no excuse for bad anime pacing.
Dec 15, 2019 7:33 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I guess I wasn't the only one who felt that the pace were slow.
If the manga is weak, then the studio is the one who should step in and fix it.
There are series which outshine the original like KnY and KonoSuba.

There are a lot of expectation for this season, I just don't see it like before. Why bother backing something that 50% of staffs, the good ones, leave to work on another project? ...
Dec 15, 2019 7:38 PM

Dec 2013
Cool episode but the flashback felt a little too long tbh

Fat Gum looks amazing after losing weight!
Dec 15, 2019 8:26 PM

Jul 2017
After Tamaki's amazing feat, it's up to the others to defile the remains of Shie Hassaikai. And another diversion means Fat Gum and Kirishima are left to their own devices.

Facing two unknowns (Rappa and Tengai) don't make an easy fight for the both of them. And with Fat Gum covering Kirishima in hot damage, he has no way out. HIS FEAR TAKING Over. And Fat Gum isn't fat, he's SLIM BOI.

His backstory of always being in situations that don't call for him, is a staple in his middle school life. And seeing Mina being his acting instinct only makes his heart harden more to be a hero despite his Hardening quirk being more of a liability rather than of significance. But with chivalry and the change Mina saw in him, more than being a classmate, but also a supporting friend even before they entered U.A.

*And OH here comes the ships for Kirishima and Mina*

His will to fight, the spirit of chivalry, and the mental ability to not back down is what made and broke Kirishima to his strongest physically, but most importantly, mentally with his past dilemmas.

The Red Riot is simply Unbreakable. Not then, but now.
KANLen09Dec 15, 2019 8:39 PM
Dec 15, 2019 9:09 PM

Oct 2018
this episode was more than awesome...... <3

I won't regret anything - Kirishima
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Dec 15, 2019 9:39 PM
Oct 2017
Fat gum and red riot are a badass duo.
Dec 15, 2019 9:47 PM

Jan 2013
WOW! Never thought i would like Fat Gum so much! What a play he did there! Damn!

Kirishima's backstory was really fantastic! And what an ending!
The whole Kirishima and Mina backstory was great too.

The preview...hmm, are we going to see traitors?
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 15, 2019 10:06 PM

Apr 2018
Damn fat gum got thin because of all of that lmao. Red Riot was still pretty cool this ep but I hope to see him get stronger
Dec 15, 2019 10:53 PM
Nov 2019
Comander-07 said:
VitorLeiteAncap said:

nobody cares about strength. This was teased as his moment and he appeared weak. That is unsatisfying. Also bad manga pacing is no excuse for bad anime pacing.

Ok
Dec 16, 2019 5:13 AM
Jul 2014
Old_School_Akira said:
Lirony said:
this fight reminds me of chouji vs jirobo,

Horikoshi likes to rip off Naruto a lot. Even with his flash backs that motivate the good guys to win.

Modernoir said:

You already dropped the manga and gave it a 4. So I guess it was never good.

Please don't tell me you're stupid enough to believe Naruto invented this trope. The battles aren't even remotely similar.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Apr 23, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.