Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 9, 2019 6:19 AM

Jan 2018
Hello, Some days from now I'm going to be going somewhere that'll have me in the car for about 6 hours. (or even more depending on circumstances) What would be some good anime or manga for me to bide my time while on the trip? Thank you all kindly in advance for the recs! :0
A treasure the color of the rainbow, the color of happiness
Dec 9, 2019 6:44 AM
Oct 2016
Completed manga
Death Note
20th Century Boys (this one is quite long though)
Bloody Monday
Judge (tonogai yoshiki)
Kyoukotsu no Yume
Ubume no Natsu
Liar Game

These ones are lighter and easier to read
Tetsugaku Letra
Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai
Gin no Saji
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon

For anime, most of them are already in your PTW
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
xxx Holic
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Mouryou no Hako
Attack on Titan

Dec 9, 2019 7:42 AM

Jan 2018
taniafh said:
Completed manga
Death Note
20th Century Boys (this one is quite long though)
Bloody Monday
Judge (tonogai yoshiki)
Kyoukotsu no Yume
Ubume no Natsu
Liar Game

These ones are lighter and easier to read
Tetsugaku Letra
Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai
Gin no Saji
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon

For anime, most of them are already in your PTW
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
xxx Holic
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Mouryou no Hako
Attack on Titan

Thanks for the recs! :D
A treasure the color of the rainbow, the color of happiness
Dec 9, 2019 10:04 AM

May 2012
I suggest Princess Principal. It's only twelve episodes and moves right along.
Dec 9, 2019 6:12 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
From your Plan To Watch/Plan To Read list:
  • Uta Kata - surprisingly similar to Madoka Magica (and apparently one of your other favorites, Brigadoon: Marin and Melan) and yet it came out 7 whole years before it! as a fellow Madoka Magica fan, i highly suggest you watch this whenever you can. pretty underrated anime.
  • Air - a very beautiful and emotional anime, very well animated by Kyoto Animation.
  • Yuki Yuna is a Hero - a lot like Madoka, but yet somewhat lighter with some slice-of-life moments that focuses on character development.
  • Cardcaptor Sakura - a classic magical girl anime fun for all people at all ages!
  • Cosmic Baton Girl Comet-san - currently watching this right now, just saw the first two episodes and i like it so far! watch this one for a touch of wholesomeness—another magical girl show for all ages.
  • Ascendance of a Bookworm - a nice spin on the recent fantasy/video game isekai trend, this is a slice-of-life story about a woman reincarnated as a poor 5-year-old girl who just wants to read books in a world where books are expensive.
  • Magic Knight Rayearth - if you want an older video game isekai series, then watch this one for its awesome OP, fun characters, and nice animation!
  • Ojamajo Doremi - another family-friendly magical girl anime that is just a joy to watch.
  • Shamanic Princess - still watching this one, but i suggest you watch this if you like distinct character designs along with a darker magical girl plot.
  • Umi Monogatari - also still watching this one, but it seems to be a magical girl series with a somewhat iyashikei feel (especially with the OP).
  • Kitchen Princess - one of the best shoujo manga I've ever read—if you like a cooking story that also puts focus on romance, you definitely need to read this!!
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica (manga) - you already know why I'm recommending this...

Now for some new recommendations!!
  • Princess Tutu - a beautifully crafted magical girl series with plenty of comedy and fun characters to contrast its darker side. highly recommended if you love Madoka Magica and Prétear.
  • Angel Beats - a great show about life that's full of action and comedy... as well as heavy feels.
  • Zodiac P.I. - created by the same creator of Kitchen Princess, this is a mystery series where the main character acts as a detective and solves mysteries with the help of a magical zodiac ring.
  • Full Moon wo Sagashite - don't be fooled by its cute cover—this is a shoujo series that touches on death and what it means to live. the main character is a 12-year-old girl who wants to be a pop idol, but can't because of her sarcoma (throat cancer). she then meets two shinigami who accidentally reveal that she doesn't have much time to live, which prompts her to try and achieve her dream with the time she has left.
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Different Story - love the Madoka Magica series? this is just one of the many manga produced after the show—it's highly recommended that you read this one if you want to know more about Mami, Kyouko, and how they first met.
Dec 9, 2019 7:25 PM

Oct 2014
Hibike Euphonium
Lovely Complex
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Dec 9, 2019 8:41 PM

May 2019
Rinne no Lagrange - as an alien conflict makes its way to Earth, 3 girls from different planets overcome their differences and become close friends as they pilot a trio of legendary mechas. Tells an endearing story about friendship and comradery with a chill summer setting, catchy soundtrack, and genuinely unique mecha designs. Has a total of 24 eps between the two seasons, so you'll be able to at least get through the first half.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS - this is a much longer show, but 6 hours is about long enough to watch the first arc, which has a really cool cyberpunk atmosphere, focuses more on the mystery and intrigue as Chirico tries to find out who's after him and why they left him for dead to begin with, and introduces almost all the most relevant side characters and villains.

As for manga, the following are all complete and decently long:
Medaka Box
Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!
Transistor Venus
Hanebado!
Kurogane no Linebarrel
Rosario+Vampire
Grenadier

If you'd like to take the time to catch-up with something ongoing rather than reading something completed, Break Blade and Hajimete no Gal are both ongoing with around 90 chapters, and Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. is well over 200 chapters iirc

More topics from this board

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

22 by windyshadow »»
11 minutes ago

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 7 hours ago

4 by Ten »»
25 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

33 by Donkunsan »»
37 minutes ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
5 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.