Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 9, 2019 5:41 AM

Jul 2012
This might be an unpopular opinion, and I do agree that the anime has a lot of issue regarding its pacing, and especially battle scenes that make me cringe everytime, but in the end I'm still loving the anime in my own way. I've read the LN up to the latest volume and I've bought all the available volumes from JNC.

Aside from all the issues mentioned above, I just want to say that I appreciate being able to watch my favourite characters being animated and voiced. Despite the horrid battle and animations, I really love the character designs, especially for the female characters. Yue looks enchanting in the anime, and I'm also loving her voice, it suits her chara very well, and it was just like how I imagined her voice was. Shizuku also looks really cute, and not to mention the adorable Myu.

TLDR; Despite the horrible CGI and pacing, I love the beautiful character design and the atmosphere of the anime (and Yue).

Queen_VaniaOct 9, 2019 5:52 AM
よろしく!
Oct 9, 2019 8:03 AM
Feb 2017
Can’t really argue with that, they do have unique designs. Enjoyable trash :).
Oct 9, 2019 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
Yea I loved the way the characters looked as well. Except Hajime he kinda looked eh but the girls looked really nice.

Also really liked the character designs in Isekai Cheat Magician despite the rest of the show
Oct 11, 2019 5:11 AM

Jul 2012
Short_Circut said:
Yea I loved the way the characters looked as well. Except Hajime he kinda looked eh but the girls looked really nice.

Also really liked the character designs in Isekai Cheat Magician despite the rest of the show

Hajime looks a bit rough, but he's actually okay compared to the LN illustrations. The illustrator for the LN is very talented at drawing moe girls, so the design for the girls look stunning in the LN, but they were barely any, or perhaps even no action scenes, and even hajime looks somewhat cute-ish because the illustrator could only draw cute designs.
よろしく!
Oct 11, 2019 5:28 AM

Jul 2012
BlakexEkalb said:

Yep, I'm honestly glad they didn't go with the original design, no matter how messy the anime ended up being.

I mean, seriously look at this. Glad the author insisted on forcing the studio to abandon the old design.
よろしく!
Oct 11, 2019 6:35 AM

Apr 2016
I do like Tio's design. I just wish the characters were...characters, and that the colors weren't so eye-searingly bright in the anime. Can't appreciate a good design when I have to squint just to see it properly.

Also, yeah Hajime's LN design clashes with its art style. He doesn't look...like an edgelord. More like a pompous tryhard with a fake aesthetic.
CodeBlazeFateOct 11, 2019 12:09 PM
Oct 11, 2019 10:15 AM
Oct 2019
I hate the color in this anime as well. It is really weird because of big contrast of the background with character. Maybe the most important reason why I hate this anime. It is really a sloppy make.
Oct 11, 2019 10:27 AM

May 2018
ariacelesta said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Yep, I'm honestly glad they didn't go with the original design, no matter how messy the anime ended up being.

I mean, seriously look at this. Glad the author insisted on forcing the studio to abandon the old design.

Hajime looks so much dumb in this lmao
Oct 11, 2019 11:13 AM
Feb 2017
ariacelesta said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Yue looks to just have a clothing change but more or less the same. Hajime though, good lordy that design is ugly.
Oct 11, 2019 10:16 PM

Jul 2012
CodeBlazeFate said:
I do like Tio's design. I just wish the characters were...characters, and that the colors weren't so eye-searingly bright in the anime. Can't appreciate a good design when I have to squint just to see it properly.

Also, yeah Hajime's LN design clashes with its art style. He doesn't look...like an edgelord. More like a pompous tryhard with a fake aesthetic.
Aqua_thegoddess said:
I hate the color in this anime as well. It is really weird because of big contrast of the background with character. Maybe the most important reason why I hate this anime. It is really a sloppy make.

Interesting. I personally love the colour aesthetics as I have an inherent love towards vibrant colours.
よろしく!
Oct 12, 2019 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
True at least it has that going for it. Mind you I only watched the first episode and some of the last two episodes and the designs are that bad. But honestly when most of the characters are reduced to generic sterotypes (at least compared to the LN), especially on what they reduced Shizuku my waifu and the others on the hero party into generic nobodies. It means nothing.

Imo I prefer the manga illustration of the series over the anime and LN. It really gives the better vibe of Arifureta is a series. And the LN one if the illustrator give us artwork on Hajime's gun instead of focusing so much on the harem I guess it would be great in my book.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.