Forum Settings
Forums
Land of the Lustrous
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2019 12:59 AM

Jun 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Phos is practically becoming a villain now.
:)
Sep 28, 2019 8:13 AM
Oct 2014
this manga is really complex
Sep 28, 2019 11:07 AM

Jan 2019
Hopefully the next chapter will involve the moon gems knocking sum sense into Phos before they become the gem version of serial killer. That would take the story in a weird direction.
Sep 28, 2019 1:09 PM

Aug 2018
How many parts does Phos still need in order for them to be equal in number to the treasures of Buddhism? Maybe durning this reconstruction we will get to see another one added.

On the other note I still wish we could see things through the Earth Gems side. I miss times in the manga where we had more interactions between the larger scale of characters.
Sep 28, 2019 4:39 PM

May 2018
Phos has completely lost his mind. Suffering for 200 years will do that to you. I'm getting a little tired of seeing Phos treated like a piece of shit. I'm actually hoping he does kill all the gems.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Sep 29, 2019 2:10 AM

Oct 2012
This is too much for me
Orokamonogatari adaptation when?
Sep 29, 2019 9:00 AM
Mar 2015
Poor Phos now looks and acts like a monster
Sep 30, 2019 3:14 AM
Mar 2018
its so simple, the earth gems just needed to trust a little in phos, everything could end up ok.... phos offered pease and got fucced up, hope she break every single gem..... to save them... :v
Oct 2, 2019 5:33 AM
May 2016
I honestly adore this manga. People keep going on about how "Phos suffers too much" but I can't think of another series that goes as in-depth as this series does on the effects immortality can have on someone and how much it could potential change them so drastically over time. It's genuinely complex and I'm loving these developments more and more every chapter, I truly wonder if Phos is going to be an antagonistic character now or what, or even how the series is going to end with how dark everything has gotten recently. God bless you Ichikawa, please keep the wild ride going strong.
Oct 9, 2019 6:35 AM
Apr 2018
Phos'll probably end up with Admirabilis soon, at least that's the direction I see this going in.
Feb 9, 2021 1:37 PM

Feb 2021
Why are the gems so cruel ??? They are just psychopaths at this point, their narcissit personality make them project everything negative on pho, for them she is the evil when all she did was trying to acomplish something, they just dont care, they are just as the lunaris doing nothing but hedonistic behaviors for 200 years

Did they try to do something ??? Nah, one become an idol, the other a skater, the other got married and became a cute little pricness, yet put ALL THE BLAME AND heavy burdens on pho, omg the hatred and disgusted feelings that come to me when this useless gems said : i guess pho didnt do anything .

Remember in the past how they ignore him and call her dumb and useless ??? He changed cuz he wanted respect, he wanted to he strong , yet bortz told him : becoming strong was worthy ? Again they put the blame on him for wnting to chnage ... change he desires cuz he wanted to be like the rest, respect

Is this manga trying to poetray the psichological effects on peoples minds for long narciasiat abuse ??

They do nothing but blame her, then she tries and if not good blame him, they are onlh nice if they need something from her ... like going to the moon, once they reach there, is like she didnt exist AGAIN

Like air, no one , not a single one of the gems try actively to help her, they didnt care... at the moment they dont need her .

So pho feels burn out, her sadness became frustration, so she lash out (get angry) and as narcissist as they are they blame him for that ... typicall you are the WRONG ONE cuz you reacted .

What they want ???? Pho was even the youngest for the longest time, she didnt understand , they also didnt csre to explain , all this neglect and blame on him is the product on this anger reaction.

Wow i can not read anymore, is painful... yet i want to know what is next :(

Pho needs theraphy and someone who cares for her ... or rest (aka death) she can not longer deal with this pain...poor him
Aug 26, 2022 8:15 AM
Jul 2020
Noir_Alchemist said:
Why are the gems so cruel ??? They are just psychopaths at this point, their narcissit personality make them project everything negative on pho, for them she is the evil when all she did was trying to acomplish something, they just dont care, they are just as the lunaris doing nothing but hedonistic behaviors for 200 years

Did they try to do something ??? Nah, one become an idol, the other a skater, the other got married and became a cute little pricness, yet put ALL THE BLAME AND heavy burdens on pho, omg the hatred and disgusted feelings that come to me when this useless gems said : i guess pho didnt do anything .

Remember in the past how they ignore him and call her dumb and useless ??? He changed cuz he wanted respect, he wanted to he strong , yet bortz told him : becoming strong was worthy ? Again they put the blame on him for wnting to chnage ... change he desires cuz he wanted to be like the rest, respect

Is this manga trying to poetray the psichological effects on peoples minds for long narciasiat abuse ??

They do nothing but blame her, then she tries and if not good blame him, they are onlh nice if they need something from her ... like going to the moon, once they reach there, is like she didnt exist AGAIN

Like air, no one , not a single one of the gems try actively to help her, they didnt care... at the moment they dont need her .

So pho feels burn out, her sadness became frustration, so she lash out (get angry) and as narcissist as they are they blame him for that ... typicall you are the WRONG ONE cuz you reacted .

What they want ???? Pho was even the youngest for the longest time, she didnt understand , they also didnt csre to explain , all this neglect and blame on him is the product on this anger reaction.

Wow i can not read anymore, is painful... yet i want to know what is next :(

Pho needs theraphy and someone who cares for her ... or rest (aka death) she can not longer deal with this pain...poor him

this indeed is painful. I love such tragic characters, maybe coz I love pain too much... But I haven't this shredded after reading a piece of fiction in a long time!
Phos deserves better. It just dumb how all these gems who were supposedly "smarter" and more "mature" are not even trying to have a discussion. Phos returned unarmed trusting their brothers, and what did they do? Broke her in pieces and scattered them all over just like the Lunarians did. Bortz said "last time Phos got to talk they convinced everyone to leave" Phos didn't convince anyone. As Euc said, Phos never said anything good/bad. It is the gems who wanted to go. Although Phos wanted to take them and that's why they started to tell the stories carefully, but they only asked Shinsha to go with them directly, all the others decided for themselves.
Perfect example is Rutile, who's the first Phos tried to manipulate, but Rutile chose to stay. And Rutile is "genuinely" mad only bec Phos took Padpra (I'm bad with names). And yes, they all chose to leave, but Phos is returning to try and convince Adamant. Adamant is willing to listen but the others are being literally stupid to not trust their sibling and directly attacks them whenever they see them. I find Euc to be the only voice of reason (at least they wanted to talk it out with Phos and they also respected Adamant enough to choose if they want to speak to Phos or not, although Adamant chose to go with what the gems decided) but even Euc seems to have lost their voice.

This is just PAINFUL at this point
Jan 20, 11:34 PM
Mar 2020
left me speechless
Feb 11, 6:40 PM
Mar 2023
Phos is losing his composure

How did this character go from being cute to being scary??

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 108 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Yesterday

71 by _Gaidenn »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 107 Discussion

Snovia - Mar 24

33 by Mugglus »»
Apr 22, 1:12 AM

» "Land of the Lustrous" (Houseki no Kuni) manga by Haruko Ichikawa will be COMPLETED NEXT MONTH

deg - Mar 19

30 by Atsunome »»
Apr 21, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

4 by CritiCold »»
Apr 2, 11:02 AM

» Theory of Phos being the tower of seven treasures

_YukiNoHana_ - Mar 27

4 by _YukiNoHana_ »»
Mar 29, 7:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.