Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2019 5:24 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The second season was not as bad as I heard of. Wished it had more episodes, but at least it had a happy ending.
Oct 30, 2019 7:58 PM

Mar 2016
Started off as a fun space romp with the original Tekkaman characters in important support roles and it should have stayed that way. Instead, it turns into some tedious and ridiculous revenge-suicide plot focusing on David and this Dead dude. Like who the fuck cares? Most interesting thing was probably seeing D-Boy's legacy being almost that of a god, which follows the tragic structure of the original series pretty well. I actually liked the new characters but the focus on the silly 'romances' were obnoxious. And the dialogue in the second half was absolutely hilarious at times.

I missed Milly too.
syncrogazerOct 30, 2019 8:05 PM
Aug 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Jul 2007
syncrogazer said:
Started off as a fun space romp with the original Tekkaman characters in important support roles and it should have stayed that way. Instead, it turns into some tedious and ridiculous revenge-suicide plot focusing on David and this Dead dude. Like who the fuck cares? Most interesting thing was probably seeing D-Boy's legacy being almost that of a god, which follows the tragic structure of the original series pretty well. I actually liked the new characters but the focus on the silly 'romances' were obnoxious. And the dialogue in the second half was absolutely hilarious at times.

I missed Milly too.
Yeah this was a very bizzare story shift in the series. At times i felt the writers had problems identifying who the MC was or even what the core of the narative was. The original series was deffinitly better but even then its still a pretty average show over all. Well in any case, there is one good thing to come out of it, this is the END of the  Tekkaman saga and the complete end of my Infintity-T Force journey and there for the last time I have to hear the word D-Boy. All in all, by far the best out of all of these tatsunoko properties was Gatchaman which ironically aired even before Tekkaman, Neo Robot Casshan, and Hurricane Polymare and had the fewest ammount of remakes to retcone the original. It was just that good. A solid classic that stands the test of time.  

But time to move onto something new "looks at whats next" ahh Raideen? This actually might be a better series to me because it has Tomino working on quite a few storyboards. Anyways Until Next time.
ArtimesGamerAug 3, 2023 9:16 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu no Kishi Tekkaman Blade II Episode 1 Discussion

LeonhartAugust - Dec 13, 2021

1 by MoesianThracian »»
May 1, 2023 10:22 PM

» Anyone Else See This on Encore Action?

ArcFloof - Apr 20, 2020

0 by ArcFloof »»
Apr 20, 2020 5:26 AM

Poll: » Uchuu no Kishi Tekkaman Blade II Episode 3 Discussion

VVill - Sep 25, 2019

0 by VVill »»
Sep 25, 2019 4:18 AM

Poll: » Tekkaman Blade 2 Episode 5 Discussion

greenmarty - Jul 28, 2012

0 by greenmarty »»
Jul 28, 2012 4:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.