Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 5, 2019 10:41 AM

Jul 2017
I mean, I hate when they make bad anime. most of people do as well but theyre are alwais those who defend them no mater what, just admit they are not god and you ave tastesless! moreogre: they keeps making bad anime! shouldn't they learn with time they are bad!

some times they even become popular and more than just a minority start saying they like it!(and if there's one thing life taught me it's that the majority is alwais right) so that asks very phylosophical question.... if its shit but poeple like it am i the one in the wrong?!??

and I won't state what animes i'm talking about to avaid craeting a shitstorm. I don't want that.
what do you felow weebs think about that?

one thing for sure: bad animes are evil.

ZehennagelSep 5, 2019 12:24 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 5, 2019 10:42 AM
May 2019
Because studios that are making them don't think that they are bad and instead believe that they can make a profit or boost manga sales.
Sep 5, 2019 10:49 AM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
Xstasy said:
Because studios that are making them don't think that they are bad and instead believe that they can make a profit or boost manga sales.

Exactly! No one ever intends to make a bad anime. Reputations and livelihoods are on the line. I know it's hard to believe with some of the things that are released each season, but someone in charge thought it was a good product.

I also wish as a consumer of the product that it would suit my tastes 100% of the time.
A happy pipe dream.
Have suspicions, not faith.
Sep 5, 2019 10:53 AM

Dec 2016
To make us appreciate even more the good ones :)
Sep 5, 2019 10:54 AM

Jul 2019
This thread title is a very subjective opinion.

Sep 5, 2019 11:00 AM
Apr 2017
ChiMur said:
Xstasy said:

Exactly! No one ever intends to make a bad anime. Reputations and livelihoods are on the line. I know it's hard to believe with some of the things that are released each season, but someone in charge thought it was a good product.

I also wish as a consumer of the product that it would suit my tastes 100% of the time.
A happy pipe dream.
What an incredibly naïve thing to say. The people who decide whether an anime is made or not are the producers and most producers care a lot less about a product being good as much as a product making, or losing, money. That's where their considerations end, there's no "Oh yeah I think this will be a good product" as much as "Oh yeah I think this will make us money". That's how corporations work.

The team making the actual anime? They are much more likely to want to make a good product but even they must know that appalling junk such as arifureta, for instance, (which I deeply enjoy but is objectively horrid) is not a good product. Maybe it's the best the actual team can do under the circumstances, but it still doesn't make it good. Not by a long shot.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Sep 5, 2019 11:05 AM

Jun 2019
I sincerely doubt that there is a single anime ever made that at least one person doesn't think is fantastic.
Sep 5, 2019 11:07 AM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
Kurgo said:
ChiMur said:

A happy pipe dream.
What an incredibly naïve thing to say. The people who decide whether an anime is made or not are the producers and most producers care a lot less about a product being good as much as a product making, or losing, money. That's where their considerations end, there's no "Oh yeah I think this will be a good product" as much as "Oh yeah I think this will make us money". That's how corporations work.

The team making the actual anime? They are much more likely to want to make a good product but even they must know that appalling junk such as arifureta, for instance, (which I deeply enjoy but is objectively horrid) is not a good product. Maybe it's the best the actual team can do under the circumstances, but it still doesn't make it good. Not by a long shot.

I'm not sure you're right.
That money-grubbing producer knows the profit rises or falls on acceptance by the intended audience. That greedy capitalist at least knows that much, and probably listens to input from the 'artists'.

Sep 5, 2019 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
imagine gatekeeping anime because you dont get that some people still would like bad stuff, this thread is retarded
Sep 5, 2019 11:12 AM

Sep 2014
Vazka said:
why are bad threads still being made??

This right here is the real question.
Sep 5, 2019 11:13 AM
Aug 2019
The only “bad” anime I can immediately think of this season has just gotta be Isekai Cheat Magician by far >_<
Sep 5, 2019 11:14 AM

Jan 2019
The OP doesn't seem to have even the most basic understanding of how the entertainment industry works. Please read a Wikipedia page or two before making dum-dum posts.
Sep 5, 2019 11:19 AM
Aug 2019
because there are billions people in this world that doesn't have taste like you
Sep 5, 2019 11:19 AM

Jul 2019
"Bad" and "good" animes are subjective matters. To one some anime might appears bad and to other it might be most fantastic thing ever. It also depends if we ask from western viewers or asian ones. Just looking top selling animes already tell we've quite different tastes in some areas and that's alright. If everybody liked same things, then we would have only ONE anime. How sad that would be?
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Sep 5, 2019 11:28 AM

Jun 2016
Because they think they might sell and a lot of times they do in fact sell
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 5, 2019 11:46 AM

May 2009
Zehennagel said:
I mean, I hate when they make bad anime. most of people do as well but theyre are alwais those who defend them no mater what, just admit they are not god and you ave tastesless! moreogre: they keeps making bad anime! shouldn't they learn with time they are bad!

some times they even become popular and more than just a minority start saying they like it!(and if there's one thing life taught me it's that the majority is alwais right) so that asks very phylosophical question.... if its shit but poeple like it am i the one in the wrong?!??

and I won't state what animes i'm talking about to avaid craeting a shitstorm. I don't want that.

Dear OP,

1. Since you've already created a shitstorm, and since that was totally a cop-out excuse since other people regularly do label various anime as bad already: Please list 10 anime series you consider "bad", and ten that you consider not "bad".

2. How are "bad animes" "evil"? What makes them "evil"?

Yours truly,
someone looking to actually understand/explore your point further and disappointed that you haven't actually come back to post a reply at all
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 5, 2019 11:48 AM

Nov 2016
What is bad in your opinion ? There isn't anime that is bad for everyone and also there is no anime that is good for everyone... so another pointless topic
Sep 5, 2019 11:52 AM

Aug 2010
have you considered that maybe everything YOU like is bad?
what are the criteria you are judging stuff by?
why should anyone care about those criteria?
why should anyone take your opinion on how individual shows match up to that criteria seriously.
Maybe what you need is introspection, because i could rattle way more of these questions at you. Find the answer on your own.

Who is the one TRUE ANIME JUDGE!?
trick question, it's Keanu Reeves
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Sep 5, 2019 12:00 PM

Jul 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Zehennagel said:

Dear OP,

1. Since you've already created a shitstorm, and since that was totally a cop-out excuse since other people regularly do label various anime as bad already: Please list 10 anime series you consider "bad", and ten that you consider not "bad".

Yours truly,
someone looking to actually understand/explore your point further and disappointed that you haven't actually come back to post a reply at all
well anime that are bad are:
evil because their are bad
-not bad because their are evil

know the difference.
yours truly, some dweebs triyng to make things right.
Sep 5, 2019 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
"Bad anime" isn't being made.
Anime is being made, and you think some of it is bad.
Sep 5, 2019 12:06 PM

Jul 2017
ComboSmooth said:
why should anyone take your opinion on how individual shows match up to that criteria seriously.
Maybe what you need is introspection, because i could rattle way more of these questions at you. Find the answer on your own.

well no because as I said the majority is alwais rigth and I agree when bad animes are being realesed they are called ""bad"" becoz peolpe are just rihgt! I agree with them!
but we go back to the real phylosophilical question I was talking about: if the majority is saying a anime is good but it is bad, am I the one in the wrong?! also raises an other question: maybe they are not the majority and we ca'nt realy know if the majrority is callling it bad or good.
anyway, I'm here to ask questions, you're here to answer.

again 1 actually only thing is for sure: bad anime is evil. and that's a fatx.
Sep 5, 2019 12:06 PM

Jan 2018
Bad is subjective my friend. They make the anime because they may personally enjoy their work or there is an audience for it. Every series out there appeals to someone. Why is it your business if these series become popular? The industry isn't going to cater to your needs 100% of the time, so sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulders, say this series isn't for you and find something else.

I noticed you have Hunter X Hunter and Berserk on your favorites list and there are plenty of people who hate or don't care about those series for their own reasons. Does that mean you enjoy them any less? No, so why should they with their own favorites?

Live and let live.
A treasure the color of the rainbow, the color of happiness
Sep 5, 2019 12:07 PM

Jan 2018
I'm getting the idea that this person is a troll tbh.
Sep 5, 2019 12:16 PM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
MarinBlue said:
Bad is subjective my friend. They make the anime because they may personally enjoy their work or there is an audience for it. Every series out there appeals to someone. Why is it your business if these series become popular? The industry isn't going to cater to your needs 100% of the time, so sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulders, say this series isn't for you and find something else.

I noticed you have Hunter X Hunter and Berserk on your favorites list and there are plenty of people who hate or don't care about those series for their own reasons. Does that mean you enjoy them any less? No, so why should they with their own favorites?
Live and let live.

I think that's a good place to end this thread.
Sep 5, 2019 12:17 PM
Dec 2018
[/quote]
Vazka said:
why are bad threads still being made??
well ladies & gentleman this is a Real Question.
Sep 5, 2019 12:20 PM
Jul 2019
there is no any bad anime
but there is lot of anime which some people does not like
Sep 5, 2019 12:23 PM

May 2009
Zehennagel said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Dear OP,

Yours truly,
well anime that are bad are:
evil because their are bad
-not bad because their are evil

know the difference.
yours truly, some dweebs triyng to make things right.
1. You have not listed any anime you consider bad nor have you contrasted such a list with a list of anime you consider not bad.

I ask you what is considered bad. You don't respond.
I ask you why they are evil. You say they're evil because they're bad.
I'm sorry, I'm having trouble parsing this circular reasoning. You still haven't defined anything. You've simply attached moral labels to things, but what things these are is still unknown.
Sep 5, 2019 12:25 PM

May 2009
Zehennagel said:
ComboSmooth said:

well no because as I said the majority is alwais rigth and I agree when bad animes are being realesed they are called ""bad"" becoz peolpe are just rihgt! I agree with them!
but we go back to the real phylosophilical question I was talking about: if the majority is saying a anime is good but it is bad, am I the one in the wrong?! also raises an other question: maybe they are not the majority and we ca'nt realy know if the majrority is callling it bad or good.

The majority of whom? Of people who use MAL? And where do you have polls of them to say that something is good or bad? What about if something is meh? So what if we can't determine what the majority says? Maybe that means we can't determine whether something is bad or good.

In which case, calling something evil because it's bad is meaningless.
Sep 5, 2019 12:28 PM

Jan 2018
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Zehennagel said:

The majority of whom? Of people who use MAL? And where do you have polls of them to say that something is good or bad? What about if something is meh? So what if we can't determine what the majority says? Maybe that means we can't determine whether something is bad or good.

In which case, calling something evil because it's bad is meaningless.

I don't think you should bother with them. Their poor spelling and refusal to explain themselves gives me the impression that they are a troll and further interaction will be a waste of time.
Sep 5, 2019 12:36 PM

Dec 2017
true, 7-8 out of 10 titles that come out nowadays are pretty bad, the rest is either meh tier or good to some extent. we truly have accepted mediocrity and just getting along with it, gaslighting everyone who has any grain of doubt in the current anime

good shit is hardly produced anymore, mad facts
Sep 5, 2019 12:37 PM
Feb 2009
Gather around, Children. I'm going to teach some basic economics.

When a studio green lights an anime idea, it's all based around a simple fact. They crunched the numbers and the numbers indicate that enough people will like this anime for it to make a profit.

At this point, they have a good idea of what their budget needs to be, how to market the series and roughly what time slot to get.

Now, they get a team together and this team does their best to make the product, whether it be an adaptation or an original.

Soon, the various anime made for the season are released and each one has its own audience based on who the studio's marketing to.

Some people will watch and dislike the series based on its subjective qualities. Others will watch and like a series based off of its subjective qualities. As there is no objective good or bad when it comes to these kinds of products.

What you're experiencing is called having your own set of subjective standards that not everything meets. Welcome to the human race.
Sep 5, 2019 12:39 PM

Jan 2016
Because some people have trash taste.
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.
Sep 5, 2019 12:54 PM

May 2009
Zehennagel said:
I see you added this to the OP.

The answer is that it's neither wrong nor right. Because not everything in life has to be either wrong or right.

You still haven't listed any shows. Ironically, there'd be less of a "shitstorm" if you did list some, because people would have something concrete to discuss.
GlennMagusHarveySep 5, 2019 1:00 PM
Sep 5, 2019 12:57 PM

Apr 2018
for one, I don't think studios intend to make bad anime, they make something to the best of their ability and sometimes that ability is lacking and it'll show in their work, but just because it's bad either in your eyes or based on the audience overall score, doesn't mean it was done so on purpose. two, if you're talking about anime with high scores that you think are shit than that's strictly your opinion, personally I think naruto and one pieces are trash but i'll have friends wipe the tears from their eyes as they tell me otherwise. three, who cares what's being made, not like you're forced to watch it anyway. if you don't want to hear or read things on stuff you don't like you can just avoid it and let that community be happy with what they have.
Sep 5, 2019 1:14 PM

Jul 2017
uninstallthegame said:
true, 7-8 out of 10 titles that come out nowadays are pretty bad, the rest is either meh tier or good to some extent. we truly have accepted mediocrity and just getting along with it, gaslighting everyone who has any grain of doubt in the current anime

good shit is hardly produced anymore, mad facts
serious answer though(idk if you were being serious but Ill be) I think there are a lot of good things nowadays even more than before but that inevitably causes for there to be more shitty ones too.
Sep 5, 2019 1:47 PM

Oct 2017
Zehennagel said:

I think if this isn't a poor bait then you should delete your account.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Sep 5, 2019 2:07 PM

Dec 2016
It may not be bad but actually your opinion, but if its bad it is probably because they just wan't money. lol probably not true but that's my opinion
Sep 5, 2019 2:10 PM

Jul 2016
I know right. I hate it when bad things happen. But how do we stop the bad things?

Edit: He's obviously taking the piss, guys. Jesus christ calm down.
ChilliePeppersSep 5, 2019 2:14 PM
Sep 5, 2019 8:49 PM

Aug 2010
Zehennagel said:
ComboSmooth said:

There is no reason to assume that just because the majority said something that that makes it right. Majorities depend on the specific group for one, and some groups have terrible ideals (like nazis and NRA supporters). Other times, people often hear a ton from vocal minorities and confuse them for being the majority. Example for this would be all the SAO haters. LOUD outcries to how shit it is but it stands at 8/10 on MAL. The loudest people are usually the minority.

Also MAL is a fine enough indicator to tell what general audiences think. So the majority say its good. But does that make it good?

Heck what is this false dichotomy you've set up to begin with. A show doesnt have to be all good or all bad. personally I think half of SAO is good and half of it is bad and that includes all its seasons. It all comes down to personal taste in the end and can one taste really be better than another or is it all relative?
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Sep 5, 2019 9:01 PM

Sep 2014
What is "bad" or "good" is up to the viewer to decide
Just because you think something is bad doesn't mean that everyone else will, in the same way that not everyone is going to like your favorite anime either
There isn't some objective quality art is rated on, what is bad or good is entirely up to the viewer.
Sep 5, 2019 9:30 PM

Jul 2019
WatchTillTandava said:
I sincerely doubt that there is a single anime ever made that at least one person doesn't think is fantastic.
If you can still say that after watching Mars of Destruction, than bravo to you
Sep 5, 2019 9:31 PM

Oct 2017
To piss off people like OP.

Long may it continue.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Sep 5, 2019 9:57 PM

Jul 2015
When will people learn that everyone has different taste? Pretty sure that one of OP's favorite anime is shit to me.

Sep 5, 2019 10:00 PM

Jan 2009
sturgeons law says 90% of everything is trash or things you do not want anyway so its more likely you do not prefer those kind of shows thats all

and what you are asking is like the billion dollar question of the entertainment industry as a whole
Sep 5, 2019 10:43 PM

Oct 2013
Because there's people who actually like these "bad" anime. If I read this correctly you even said so yourself. People have different tastes and interests and not everyone has to like the same thing.

Also because they still continue to make money, which ties into the whole people actually enjoying these thing.
Sep 5, 2019 10:51 PM

Jan 2018
Hmmm if only it were soooo obvious.

i swear if this is not a prime example of sarcasm then idk what is
ええ、私はそこにいてそれをやった

Sep 5, 2019 10:53 PM

Nov 2012
Something has to suck for things to be good
Sep 5, 2019 11:03 PM

Aug 2014
You dropped some of the best anime out there. Anime are not bad just because you say they are.
Sep 5, 2019 11:04 PM

Nov 2013
simple answer, $

longer answer, $$$$$

WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Sep 5, 2019 11:15 PM

May 2018
Because quality is subjectuve thing. What is bad to you are not bad to others. Poor bait.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

48 by FanofAction »»
5 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - Yesterday

8 by cody »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

137 by KittenCuddler »»
14 minutes ago

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - 2 hours ago

3 by FanofAction »»
25 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

4 by Rinrinka »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.