Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 30, 2019 1:43 AM
Nov 2016
I'll just copy/paste what I wrote in the review of episode 17 because it also applies to this character since his introduction.

I'm loving this anime, this is probably the best anime of the year along with Attack on Titan S03 (Part 2), I only have 2 things to say about Zenitsu:

1: Zenitsu is getting rather annoying. I love his powerup and all, he's such a badass in those moments but when he's being his normal self he tries to act as a comic relief for the series and instead of me laughing at his antics I just find it rather boring. It would be better if they tone down that comic relief stuff, make him act like a normal guy for once and have him say important stuff from time to time but no, every time he opens his mouth is just to complain or say something stupid. I've had enough of that crap, a lot of time is being wasted on that crap and it isn't even funny, that's simply forced comedy, not funny at all.

2: The way he got his blonde hair was anti-climatic, he was struck by a lighting bolt and suddenly he has blonde hair? it would have been better if he got the blonde hair through his training, like being able to unleash his lightning abilities through the harsh training allowed his DNA to have some changes in the body and that made his hair change it's colors, that would have been better IMHO.

That's my 2 complaints so far, a lot of time is being spent in the comic relief moments with Zenitsu acting, doing or yelling something stupid and this happen for like 90% of the time that fucking character is on-screen, they need to tone that shit down and find a better 'funnier' way for the comic relief moments.
xZabuzaxAug 30, 2019 4:09 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 30, 2019 3:08 AM
Nov 2017
Ok ........................
Aug 30, 2019 3:29 AM

Jun 2019
He'll be like this, till the end of the serie. You should get used to him and his yelling.

I didn't find him annoying at all, but he's not near my favorite character in the serie, since i've read the manga and i've discovered some good shit in there.
Aug 30, 2019 3:35 AM
Nov 2016
FuriousNutSlaps said:
He'll be like this, till the end of the serie. You should get used to him and his yelling.

I didn't find him annoying at all, but he's not near my favorite character in the serie, since i've read the manga i've discovered some good shit in there.

I won't get used to it, forced comedy is always a bad thing. I will still watch the anime and read the manga once the anime is over but I can't force myself to like crap comedy.

Is like having Kakashi yelling and acting stupid in 90% of his screen time, good thing he's not like that, at least the comedy of Kakashi is more subtle and more pleasing to audiences like me, this Zenitsu guy is just plain annoying.
xZabuzaxAug 30, 2019 3:47 AM
Aug 30, 2019 3:44 AM

Jun 2019
xZabuzax said:
FuriousNutSlaps said:

I didn't find him annoying at all, but he's not near my favorite character in the serie, since i've read the manga i've discovered some good shit in there.

I won't get used to it, forced comedy is always a bad thing. I would still watch the anime and read the manga once the anime is over but I can't force myself to like crap comedy.

Is like having Kakashi yelling and acting stupid in 90% of his screen time, good thing he's not like that, at least the comedy of Kakashi is more subtle and more pleasing to audiences like me, this Zenitsu guy is just plain annoying.
I can't help you and no one can either. The author has choose this kind of comedy and many people like it as many hate it. While it comes to preference and since it's completely subjective, you should ignore him but you really can't that much since he does appear a lot. You should be more concerned on the upcomming deaths that are gonna upfold in the serie, tho.
Aug 30, 2019 3:59 AM

Apr 2018
I didnt find him annoying in the manga, but honestly i'm not a fan of his yelling/screaming in the anime.

But still he's one of my favorites though. Rengoku=akaza=tanjirou=zenitsu=douma >>>>> any other characters of this series Imo.
Aug 30, 2019 4:00 AM

Aug 2019
The adaptation from the manga has been really good, but I wish they would have dialled down Zenitsu's whining just a notch. I can see why people would have dropped the anime 10-11 episodes in because of it.

Thankfully having read the manga ...
Aug 30, 2019 4:04 AM
Nov 2016
FuriousNutSlaps said:

I can't help you and no one can either. The author has choose this kind of comedy and many people like it as many hate it. While it comes to preference and since it's completely subjective, you should ignore him but you really can't that much since he does appear a lot. You should be more concerned on the upcomming deaths that are gonna upfold in the serie, tho.

It's a shame that the author went with the forced comedy route to make people laugh and is also a shame to find out how that character won't change either... *sigh*

I thank you for keeping the conversation civilized. I'm looking forward to the upcoming deaths, this anime had a pretty good start with the "serious" approach it had in the beginning but since the introduction of Zenitsu and the constant yelling and the forced comedy this anime started to go downhill for me, it went from a 10/10 to a 8/10.

I will still praise the amazing animation in the fight scenes and episode 19 was top notch, best episode so far.
Aug 30, 2019 4:21 AM

Jun 2019
xZabuzax said:
FuriousNutSlaps said:

It's a shame that the author went with the forced comedy route to make people laugh and is also a shame to find out how that character won't change either... *sigh*

I thank you for keeping the conversation civilized. I'm looking forward to the upcoming deaths, this anime had a pretty good start with the "serious" approach it had in the beginning but since the introduction of Zenitsu and the constant yelling and the forced comedy this anime started to go downhill for me, it went from a 10/10 to a 8/10.

I will still praise the amazing animation in the fight scenes and episode 19 was top notch, best episode so far.
If we ever get a second season you'll praise the show even more and you'll forget zenitsu and his yelling just by looking at the pillars and the upper moons, even tho, i don't think you'd like them that much as the pillars. They're fucked up in the worst way possible, especially for two of them.

Same. The song is what really made the episode alone, 10/10. It's one of the best songs i've heard in the medium so far.
Aug 30, 2019 4:24 AM

Jun 2019
Jfs_ said:
I didnt find him annoying in the manga, but honestly i'm not a fan of his yelling/screaming in the anime.

But still he's one of my favorites though. Rengoku=akaza=tanjirou=zenitsu=douma >>>>> any other characters of this series Imo.
You like douma? Christ, i never though this day would came, never thought i'd witnessed to see someone liking him.
Aug 30, 2019 4:25 AM

May 2018
His yelling is one thing I can't stand during the drum demon arc.
Aug 30, 2019 4:30 AM

May 2014
Yeah his yelling was more annoying than funny. I don't mind Usopp yelling in fear, but Zenistu is a bit grating. He's grown on me a lot though, i do like him as a character.
Aug 30, 2019 4:33 AM

Apr 2018
FuriousNutSlaps said:
Jfs_ said:

You like douma? Christ, i never though this day would came, never thought i'd witnessed to see someone liking him.
lol yes i liked him a lot, Especially his character design. My only complaint about him is The way he fight, he just trolling around and never take his opponent seriously, unlike UM1 and akaza.
Aug 30, 2019 4:41 AM

Jun 2019
Jfs_ said:
FuriousNutSlaps said:
lol yes i liked him a lot, Especially his character design. My only complaint about him is The way he fight, he just trolling around and never take his opponent seriously, unlike UM1 and akaza.
I will not forgive him for what he did to my girl. Never.
Aug 30, 2019 4:43 AM

May 2015
he didn't yell one time in like 100 chapters
nanashi796Aug 30, 2019 4:46 AM
Aug 30, 2019 5:22 AM

Aug 2019
I thought Douma was a chick until I seen someone address him as "he".
Aug 30, 2019 5:46 AM
Nov 2016
nanashi796 said:
he didn't yell one time in like 100 chapters

That's good to know, the manga has toned down that annoying forced comedy it seems.

In the anime they force that annoying comedy on the viewer 24/7 since his introduction and it got old pretty fast. I don't mind seeing characters having those sort of forced comedy from time to time but in this anime is a "in your face" type of thing.
Aug 30, 2019 5:49 AM

Nov 2015
Ok then drop the anime
Aug 30, 2019 5:54 AM
Nov 2016
Ahri-is-cute said:
Ok then drop the anime

If you have nothing better to add to the conversation then don't write anything. Telling someone to drop the anime because of some lame forced comedy is stupid. I like the anime but not that forced comedy.
Aug 30, 2019 6:10 AM

Nov 2015
xZabuzax said:
Ahri-is-cute said:
Ok then drop the anime

If you have nothing better to add to the conversation then don't write anything. Telling someone to drop the anime because of some lame forced comedy is stupid. I like the anime but not that forced comedy.

Okay them , not going to disagree , forced comedy is surely a bad thing , but that's how the show is , it's very overrated in the first place

> this is probably the best anime of the year along with Attack on Titan S03 (Part 2)

Here is a thing , an anime with something like forced stupid comedy can never be the anime of the year , Hell it's not even in the Top 10 animes of the year
The others tried to help you to deal with it , but you can't , what else can be done other than dropping it when it's has a huge influence on you ?
Not gonna lie , it was salty from me to say Drop it , it was because I didn't read most of the thread , only read the comments and noticed how you can't deal with this forced comedy
But that's how it is , how are they supposed to fill episodes to make the story longer without putting something stupid ? the Anime is pretty good , but you are expecting too much
If you can't really drop it , the only 2 solutions that can be made for you are to try to deal with it somehoe or accept it
And again , I apologise for making it sound salty or meanie , didn't really mean to
Aug 30, 2019 6:23 AM
Nov 2016
Ahri-is-cute said:
Okay them , not going to disagree , forced comedy is surely a bad thing , but that's how the show is , it's very overrated in the first place

> this is probably the best anime of the year along with Attack on Titan S03 (Part 2)

Here is a thing , an anime with something like forced stupid comedy can never be the anime of the year , Hell it's not even in the Top 10 animes of the year
The others tried to help you to deal with it , but you can't , what else can be done other than dropping it when it's has a huge influence on you ?
Not gonna lie , it was salty from me to say Drop it , it was because I didn't read most of the thread , only read the comments and noticed how you can't deal with this forced comedy
But that's how it is , how are they supposed to fill episodes to make the story longer without putting something stupid ? the Anime is pretty good , but you are expecting too much
If you can't really drop it , the only 2 solutions that can be made for you are to try to deal with it somehoe or accept it
And again , I apologise for making it sound salty or meanie , didn't really mean to

That was much better, thank you for taking your time to put more effort in what you wrote.

I said this is probably the best anime of the year because it has amazing visuals and fighting scenes, Attack on Titan is another anime that also has amazing visuals and fighting scenes and both have delivered beautifully in those aspects. The only thing this anime is failing IMHO is in that forced comedy, it needed to be more subtle and less forced. Even with the forced comedy I still consider this anime to be one of the best in this year along with Attack on Titan, of course, this is pretty much subjective and is only my opinion, other's might disagree with it.

I'm definitely expecting a lot from this anime because I can see that it has a lot of potential, you can still add funny moments in animes without those funny moments feeling "forced" like it's happening here. Zenitsu being a comic relief character was already too much here and now they added another one (the dude with the boar mask) and this is not a good thing for me, this went from a "serious" anime to a "comedy" anime real quick. I wanted this anime to be "serious" and still have its funny moments but not to this extent, the comedy in this anime is already overkill with those 2 characters but at least I find that boar mask guy more passable but he's still a bit annoying sometimes. Even with all that I still like this anime, I just wanted less forced comedy here.
xZabuzaxAug 30, 2019 6:29 AM
Aug 30, 2019 8:00 AM

Nov 2015
xZabuzax said:
Ahri-is-cute said:

That was much better, thank you for taking your time to put more effort in what you wrote.

I said this is probably the best anime of the year because it has amazing visuals and fighting scenes, Attack on Titan is another anime that also has amazing visuals and fighting scenes and both have delivered beautifully in those aspects. The only thing this anime is failing IMHO is in that forced comedy, it needed to be more subtle and less forced. Even with the forced comedy I still consider this anime to be one of the best in this year along with Attack on Titan, of course, this is pretty much subjective and is only my opinion, other's might disagree with it.

I'm definitely expecting a lot from this anime because I can see that it has a lot of potential, you can still add funny moments in animes without those funny moments feeling "forced" like it's happening here. Zenitsu being a comic relief character was already too much here and now they added another one (the dude with the boar mask) and this is not a good thing for me, this went from a "serious" anime to a "comedy" anime real quick. I wanted this anime to be "serious" and still have its funny moments but not to this extent, the comedy in this anime is already overkill with those 2 characters but at least I find that boar mask guy more passable but he's still a bit annoying sometimes. Even with all that I still like this anime, I just wanted less forced comedy here.

The thing is , beautiful visuals and fight does not make an anime as one of the best animes , it needs story and plots as well , so far it has potentioal , but that's not going to be delivered at least this season
So what I'm trying to say , It is literally the best anime this year from visuals and fights wise , ye that's a fact , it's not an opinion at this point , but only those 2 factors are not enough

On the other hand I fully agree on SNK , I'm not that big big fan , and I really dislike the fanbase of SNK especially those Levi fan girls
However SNK as a story and animation was with no doubt amazing and a masterpiece and it can never be called overrated

But animes better than Kimtsu no Yaiba this year ? there are a lot
Yakusoku no Neverland for example , However next season we getting Another season of Boku no Hero Academia and Psycho Pass and SAO Alicization and Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia , most of those can rival Kimetsu no Yaiba easily ( I said most , ignore SAO )

And tbh my opinion on the Forced comedia is simply a way to fill the chapter/episodes , when you are an author and ran out of ideas , you'll end up forcing things
So at the end my main Opinion on Kimetsu no Yaiba , it's really a good anime but can't expect much ( or don't wanna expect much , if something shocking going to happen it will feel much better )
The anime is simply adapted by UFOtable and therefore it is going to be a masterpiece in fights and animation wise , but not story or plot wise for now.
Aug 31, 2019 4:27 AM

Apr 2011
xZabuzax said:
Ahri-is-cute said:
Ok then drop the anime

If they think his yelling is thread-worthy, they should definitely drop the anime.
Aug 31, 2019 6:00 AM
Jan 2018
Comedy is always subjective and it mostly depends on how the Stuido handles it .

Unsure what the comedy is like in the manga but its usually different as it's just panels.
Aug 31, 2019 9:08 AM
Nov 2016
Thanjh said:
Damn people need to stop acting like an anime with great production value is a great anime. There’s other factors and this show fails at them (story, characters, the shit comedy to name a few).

I agree that the males comedy relief characters are failing at their job, I'm actually enjoying the comedy of Nezuko though, I also like the other factors, the other characters are actually decent and the story seems decent enough so far.

Calling this anime the best anime of the year is also taking it a bit too far so I will retract from that statement, this anime is a 8/10 for me now because of that forced comedy and I don't consider 8/10 animes to be the best ones, for me it needs to be a 10/10, while is not the best anime of the year is definitely one of the better ones for me.

IKKIsama said:

If they think his yelling is thread-worthy, they should definitely drop the anime.

Ughh, no. That's dumb. Comments like yours are cringe worthy man.
Aug 31, 2019 9:12 AM
Jan 2018
I feel you. The comedy in this anime also feels either forced and somewhat doesn’t fit the mood. It can be funny but I still find myself more often asking myself why would the author put a comedy scene now.
Aug 31, 2019 9:15 AM

May 2015
zenitsu is a main character not a comic relief character same for inosuke,the yelling is characterization not comedy.
nanashi796Aug 31, 2019 9:21 AM
Aug 31, 2019 9:20 AM

Mar 2018
His yelling isn't the only thing that is annoying. The story itself is actually quite good but the trouble is that half of the cast is utterly annoying and so I end up quite huge chunks of the show (basically anything that involves Inosuke and Zenitsu). I HATE the "comedic" bit because they are not funny but annoying. In episode 18 when it looked like as if Inosuke would finally be killed off, I actually cheered the demon on but alas he was killed and not Inosuke. Drat.
Aug 31, 2019 9:22 AM
Nov 2016
nanashi796 said:
zenitsu is a main character not a comic relief character same for inosuke,the yelling is characterization not comedy

You can be a main character and also serve as a comic relief character, there's plenty of other animes that does this and they do it better.

That yelling is definitely comedy and a really bad one. Yelling 24/7 doesn't make for good comedy.
Aug 31, 2019 9:25 AM

May 2015
xZabuzax said:
nanashi796 said:
zenitsu is a main character not a comic relief character same for inosuke,the yelling is characterization not comedy

You can be a main character and also serve as a comic relief character, there's plenty of other animes that does this and they do it better.

That yelling is definitely comedy and a really bad one. Yelling 24/7 doesn't make for good comedy.
yelling is part of his character,and honestly the only annoying things that i see here is the forced complain not the supposed forced comedy of zenitsu,his yelling because he is scared is characterization,the comedy is when he yell at tanjirou because he's angry at him because he gets all the girls and zenitsu nothing.
nanashi796Aug 31, 2019 9:31 AM
Aug 31, 2019 9:30 AM
Nov 2016
nanashi796 said:
yelling is part of his character,and honestly the only annoying things that i see here is the forced complain not the supposed forced comedy of zenitsu.

I know that yelling is part of his character and it's a bad attempt at comedy. If you think that people complaining about the bad comedy is annoying then I will play the same game and say that people defending this forced bad comedy is also annoying.

Let's not go that route man, let's try to keep this civilized.
Aug 31, 2019 9:32 AM

May 2015
xZabuzax said:
nanashi796 said:
yelling is part of his character,and honestly the only annoying things that i see here is the forced complain not the supposed forced comedy of zenitsu.

I know that yelling is part of his character and it's a bad attempt at comedy. If you think that people complaining about the bad comedy is annoying then I will play the same game and say that people defending this forced bad comedy is also annoying.

Let's not go that route man, let's try to keep this civilized.
you know that normal people yell when are scared yes?and it's not fucking comedy him yelling when he's scared.
Aug 31, 2019 9:43 AM
Nov 2016
nanashi796 said:
you know that normal people yell when are scared yes?and it's not fucking comedy him yelling when he's scared.

Ughh, he doesn't only yell when he's scared, he also yells when he acts normal. Hell, he was also yelling when he wanted to marry that random girl as well.
Aug 31, 2019 9:49 AM

May 2015
xZabuzax said:
nanashi796 said:

Ughh, he doesn't only yell when he's scared, he also yells when he acts normal. Hell, he was also yelling when he wanted to marry that random girl as well.
i said that in the previous comment.
nanashi796Aug 31, 2019 9:52 AM
Aug 31, 2019 9:55 AM
Nov 2016
nanashi796 said:

Ughh... ok?

Yelling to a random girl to marry you means that the person doing the yelling has issues, he's obviously not normal.
Aug 31, 2019 10:02 AM

May 2015
xZabuzax said:
nanashi796 said:

Ughh... ok?

Yelling to a random girl to marry you means that the person doing the yelling has issues, he's obviously not normal.
he just wants to marry and fuck a girl before he dies since he believes he dies soon because of his low self esteem,and yes thats comedy and to show his pathetic character,even tanjirou make a disgusted face when he see him,he will yell a lot in upcoming episodes because he gets mad at tanjirou and inosuke.
nanashi796Aug 31, 2019 10:08 AM
Aug 31, 2019 10:08 AM
Nov 2016
nanashi796 said:
he just wants to fuck a girl before he die since he believes he dies soon because of his low self esteem.

Yeah I get that but yelling is not the way to do it. You said that Zenitzu acts normal and I just pointed out that he's not acting normal because he yells all the time even when acting normal. This only means one thing, he's being a comedy relief character.

There's plenty of way to add comedy in an anime that doesn't require a character to yell 24/7, if the only way the author can deliver the comedy is through yelling then that means he's not that good with comedy, he's still good in the other aspects but comedy is definitely not one of it.

I bet the manga is not annoying in the comedy aspect as much as the anime so the anime is the one failing in this department. I understand that this can work better in the manga but it's not working in the anime.
Aug 31, 2019 10:11 AM

May 2015
xZabuzax said:
nanashi796 said:
he just wants to fuck a girl before he die since he believes he dies soon because of his low self esteem.

Yeah I get that but yelling is not the way to do it. You said that Zenitzu acts normal and I just pointed out that he's not acting normal because he yells all the time even when acting normal. This only means one thing, he's being a comedy relief character.

There's plenty of way to add comedy in an anime that doesn't require a character to yell 24/7, if the only way the author can deliver the comedy is through yelling then that means he's not that good with comedy, he's still good in the other aspects but comedy is definitely not one of it.

I bet the manga is not annoying in the comedy aspect as much as the anime so the anime is the one failing in this department. I understand that this can work better in the manga but it's not working in the anime.
he don't yell 24/7 and i find him funny when he gets angry at others,so for me isn't forced at all.
Aug 31, 2019 10:17 AM
Nov 2016
nanashi796 said:
he don't yell 24/7 and i find him funny when he gets angry at others,so for me isn't forced.

That's just a metaphor, obviously he doesn't yell 24/7 but he yells the majority of the time he's on screen and that doesn't make for good comedy. If you think that makes for good comedy then good for you but there are plenty of people like me that doesn't find that yelling crap funny at all.

A good comedy needs to be delivered with subtlety, not the constant yelling. If this anime had less yelling and forced comedy then people like you would still love this anime and people like me would have rated this a 10/10, the only reason this anime lost points on me is because of that forced comedy crap and I'm not the only one complaining about it as you already saw in this thread.
Aug 31, 2019 10:36 AM

May 2015
xZabuzax said:
nanashi796 said:
he don't yell 24/7 and i find him funny when he gets angry at others,so for me isn't forced.

That's just a metaphor, obviously he doesn't yell 24/7 but he yells the majority of the time he's on screen and that doesn't make for good comedy. If you think that makes for good comedy then good for you but there are plenty of people like me that doesn't find that yelling crap funny at all.

A good comedy needs to be delivered with subtlety, not the constant yelling. If this anime had less yelling and forced comedy then people like you would still love this anime and people like me would have rated this a 10/10, the only reason this anime lost points on me is because of that forced comedy crap and I'm not the only one complaining about it as you already saw in this thread.
this season is a 6/10 at best,btw i prefer this comedy to the shit comedy of gintama that everyone praise,simple and fun comedy.
nanashi796Aug 31, 2019 10:40 AM
Aug 31, 2019 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Very irritating when he was first introduced. But he's grown on me since then, now I kinda like him.
Aug 31, 2019 10:47 AM
Nov 2016
nanashi796 said:
i prefer this comedy to the shit comedy of gintama that everyone praise,simple and fun comedy.

I haven't watched Gintama so I won't comment on that one. I don't think I'll ever watch Gintama because I'm not in the mood of watching extremely long animes anymore, I'm only watching animes with less than 100 episodes now. Long animes are usually filled with those goddamn shitty, cringe-worthy filler episodes and I hate that.
Aug 31, 2019 10:50 AM

Feb 2011
Just because it's something you'd do, doesn't mean it's something others would do. All the character's in this series are unique. Why take that away. I agree, Zenitsu isn't normal but neither are all the other characters. There's bound to be quirks in the line of business Demon Slayers are in. The latest episode drives that home extremely well. Zenitsu is still a newcomer, so there's room for character development. Regardless, it's his character to be annoying. Sadly, other characters also fill that role. It doesn't need to be for the sake of comedy. All the characters he interacts with find him equally annoying. As spectators, we don't really have to find it funny if that's not how we'd see it in reality.

When you think about it, he doesn't really need to use his head much if the only move he uses is an instant kill. It's also extremely convenient that all he needs is his good hearing to pinpoint his opponent when he's unconscious. If you're familiar with "gap" characters, then find the common sense to see him as one. No one really acts like themselves when overcome with emotion. In Zenitsu's case, he fears an early death because of his line of work. If he actually had a woman to protect or a different job altogether, I'm sure we'd all see him in a different light. Of course, Zenitsu isn't going to get much character development as long as he's always sleeping or picking up girls on the job. However, despite all his complaining, he hasn't quit yet. Give him at least some credit.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Aug 31, 2019 10:53 AM

Sep 2018
Really really annoying, when he doesn't show in the episode means that it's a good episode.
I keep moving forward
Aug 31, 2019 12:24 PM
Nov 2016
Reload said:
Just because it's something you'd do, doesn't mean it's something others would do. All the character's in this series are unique. Why take that away. I agree, Zenitsu isn't normal but neither are all the other characters. There's bound to be quirks in the line of business Demon Slayers are in. The latest episode drives that home extremely well. Zenitsu is still a newcomer, so there's room for character development. Regardless, it's his character to be annoying. Sadly, other characters also fill that role. It doesn't need to be for the sake of comedy. All the characters he interacts with find him equally annoying. As spectators, we don't really have to find it funny if that's not how we'd see it in reality.

When you think about it, he doesn't really need to use his head much if the only move he uses is an instant kill. It's also extremely convenient that all he needs is his good hearing to pinpoint his opponent when he's unconscious. If you're familiar with "gap" characters, then find the common sense to see him as one. No one really acts like themselves when overcome with emotion. In Zenitsu's case, he fears an early death because of his line of work. If he actually had a woman to protect or a different job altogether, I'm sure we'd all see him in a different light. Of course, Zenitsu isn't going to get much character development as long as he's always sleeping or picking up girls on the job. However, despite all his complaining, he hasn't quit yet. Give him at least some credit.

I totally get that man but this anime doesn't know how to draw the line between acceptable and excessive. I have no problem if a character is trying to be funny a couple of times but in this anime they are being excessive with it with Zenitsu yelling, complaining and trying to be funny (which is not) in like 90% of his screen time since his introduction. This anime only have 26 episodes, they need to throw away all that wasted time that is spent in those forced comedy and make something worth it out of it.

Since their introduction most of the time is being spent in the forced comedy and the story barely progresses at all and to make matters worse, when the story is finally progressing Zenitsu is still yelling, complaining and trying to be funny. I don't mind comedy relief character if they are actually funny but people like me find him annoying, yelling doesn't make for good comedy, it never did. I don't understand how people find those moments funny. That's one of the reasons why I disliked Re:Zero, that Subaru guy is plain annoying with the constant yelling, he wasn't funny at all.

The funny thing is that I find the comedy in Naruto much better than Re:Zero and Kimetsu no Yaiba and Naruto is a long-ass anime with plenty of episodes and even then, the first 20 episodes of Naruto is actually funnier than anything those 2 animes provided so far. In Naruto they draw the line between the funny moments and the serious moments and even Naruto is not constantly yelling all the time in his screen time unlike Zenitsu.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Naruto is a great anime, it isn't. It's a sub-par anime with a couple of really good episodes, the rest of the episodes are mediocre though and I won't even mention the filler episodes, those are trash but at least the funny moments are much better there.
Aug 31, 2019 1:05 PM

Jul 2013
xZabuzax said:
Reload said:

I totally get that man but this anime doesn't know how to draw the line between acceptable and excessive. I have no problem if a character is trying to be funny a couple of times but in this anime they are being excessive with it with Zenitsu yelling, complaining and trying to be funny (which is not) in like 90% of his screen time since his introduction. This anime only have 26 episodes, they need to throw away all that wasted time that is spent in those forced comedy and make something worth it out of it.

Since their introduction most of the time is being spent in the forced comedy and the story barely progresses at all and to make matters worse, when the story is finally progressing Zenitsu is still yelling, complaining and trying to be funny. I don't mind comedy relief character if they are actually funny but people like me find him annoying, yelling doesn't make for good comedy, it never did. I don't understand how people find those moments funny. That's one of the reasons why I disliked Re:Zero, that Subaru guy is plain annoying with the constant yelling, he wasn't funny at all.

The funny thing is that I find the comedy in Naruto much better than Re:Zero and Kimetsu no Yaiba and Naruto is a long-ass anime with plenty of episodes and even then, the first 20 episodes of Naruto is actually funnier than anything those 2 animes provided so far. In Naruto they draw the line between the funny moments and the serious moments and even Naruto is not constantly yelling all the time in his screen time unlike Zenitsu.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Naruto is a great anime, it isn't. It's a sub-par anime with a couple of really good episodes, the rest of the episodes are mediocre though and I won't even mention the filler episodes, those are trash but at least the funny moments are much better there.

What we're not gonna do is pretend like the comedy even hindered the plot from progressing because it's merely a side element in the show.

- introduction to KnY
- training
- final selection to become a demon slayer
- first mission + Muzan's first appearance
- Lady Tamayo and Yushiro introduction + a clear objective regarding Nezuko's cure
- Zenitsu and Inosuke proper introduction
- First appearance of an Upper Moon
- Tanjiro and Nezuko's trial

All that at a good and steady pace without rushing anything + faithful adaptation
Aug 31, 2019 1:13 PM

Apr 2011
xZabuzax said:
IKKIsama said:

Ughh, no. That's dumb. Comments like yours are cringe worthy man.

Whatever man. I hate his yelling as much as the next viewer but you don't see me make a meal of it.
IKKIsamaAug 31, 2019 1:17 PM
Aug 31, 2019 1:21 PM
Nov 2016
IKKIsama said:
Whatever man. I hate his yelling as much as the next viewer but you don't see me make a meal of it.

This is a forum, you're supposed to create threads and discuss about things. I have every right to discuss about things I don't like as much as anyone discussing about the things they like.

My point is that telling someone to drop the anime because he's discussing about the things he doesn't like in an anime is wrong. There's plenty of other things that I like about the anime as well.
Sep 7, 2019 12:51 PM

Feb 2011
xZabuzax said:

The funny thing is that I find the comedy in Naruto much better than Re:Zero and Kimetsu no Yaiba ... and even then, the first 20 episodes of Naruto is actually funnier than anything those 2 [anime] provided so far. In Naruto they draw the line between the funny moments and the serious moments and even Naruto is not constantly yelling all the time in his screen time unlike Zenitsu.

Characters can be excessive. Lines don't have to be draw between what is and isn't acceptable. If there is a line, then we're talking about your tolerance level. Why sweat the small stuff when it has no effect on the bigger picture. If you've watched it till the end, then at least it wasn't a deal breaker. That's where the real line is. Every anime has its faults, but that doesn't stop us from watching. We're living proof of that. You say "people like me", but your not alone in your opinion. If anything, your only stating the obvious. Why assume others don't feel the same? Only difference is not everyone complains about what they watch. There's more enjoyment from discussing the good parts... But if you must continue, I can only assume you enjoy complaining. No offence, but it sounds very similar to the character we're discussing: someone who finds something to complain about. I have complaints myself, but I don't broadcast them. It's small stuff compared to the big picture.
ReloadSep 7, 2019 12:54 PM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Sep 7, 2019 2:42 PM

Jul 2011
Yeah, Zehitsu gets REALLY fucking tedious IMO. I've never had trouble with loud and purposefully "annoying" characters before but Zenitsu bothers me a lot. I can't stand his crying... I wish they'd make him more silent but express his feelings more with body language instead cause every scene with him in it is like standing next to a fucking kid at a mall screaming at his lungs.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

20 by HaremSevdalisi »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.