Forum Settings
Forums

things you were most hyped/excited for in your life?

New
Aug 25, 2019 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
fellas im gonna be honest ive been waiting for WoW classic for the past little while and since it's going live tomorrow my hype is reaching its maximum level, i know blizzard will do their best to screw it up somehow but i just have this feeling that tomorrow and the next little while is going to be such an unforgettable time one way or another. the minutes are passing by slowly. i think this feeling of anticipation is one of my favourite feelings in life and honestly a lot of the time i think it ends up being better than when i finally get to whatever it is i was looking forward to.

so what are some things y'all were most hyped or excited for throughout your life?

doesn't necessarily have to be a game/release of something or whatever, for example another event in my life i can remember being extremely hyped for was going on a trip to Japan.

and have you ever been really hyped for something and then ended up disappointed?
Aug 25, 2019 8:48 PM
Mar 2018
in terms of anime watching experience, watching your lie in april was hype as hell but then it turned out to be ass

going to japan however, was super hype and lived up and surpassed my expectation. beautiful country and very nice locals.
Aug 25, 2019 8:50 PM

Jan 2009
graduatiing elementary/high school/college are ones of the hypest
Aug 25, 2019 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
HotPocketChris said:
in terms of anime watching experience, watching your lie in april was hype as hell but then it turned out to be ass

going to japan however, was super hype and lived up and surpassed my expectation. beautiful country and very nice locals.

man it was the same for me (not with your lie in april, never saw that), Japan was even better and more interesting than i could have expected, im glad you had a good experience there too.

heg said:
graduatiing elementary/high school/college are ones of the hypest

yeah i imagine for a lot of people those are. i don't really remember much about my HS graduation but i can almost guarantee i was on WoW as soon as i got home afterwards lmao
Aug 25, 2019 11:25 PM

Jan 2017
halo 3 launch
losing virginity (?i haven’t lost it?)

i don’t get excited the way i used to, but learning to do so by trying new shit and going outside of my comfort zone. i suppose this is a product of being once young and growing older, a loss of naivety. that doesn’t mean life should get duller as we age, however.
Aug 26, 2019 2:27 AM

Feb 2015
Really couldn't remember much of the things I was excited about. I tend to have modest expectations.

One of the things I remember I was excited about was joining a building contest in a Minecraft server where I used to play. We're to build an airship within a week and the best looking ones will be included in the build world the staff were working on and get big rewards.

Here's the airship I built. I call her Skipjack after a tuna :P

These were done by hand. I used Plotz Modeller as a guide to build the airship's balloon. This is the first and last time I built an airship in Minecraft.
Aug 26, 2019 5:45 AM

Sep 2017
I'm still really hyped for Cyberpunk 2077

Only a few months of waiting !
Aug 26, 2019 7:40 AM
Jul 2018
When I finally got my hands on my brand new Taiwanese "NES" knock off in 1989 along with the borrowed couple of games > Castlevania II: Simon's Quest and Ninja Gaiden(NES). That was probably the biggest excitement I've experienced in my entire life. (sadly, it's hard for me to get excited over anything these days, but it's more common when you're a teenager)
Aug 26, 2019 7:46 AM

Apr 2015
Eventual rest sounds kinda cool tbh
Aug 26, 2019 8:07 AM

Nov 2017
I was always excited when I went to Paris, France (been there 5 times now). I'm sure I'll be excited when I go there again, and again, and again...
Aug 26, 2019 8:10 AM

Dec 2015
I got really happy when the Neptunia games for vita got ported to PC.

Club for Fighting Game lovers : https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=77600
Aug 26, 2019 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
p0ckyy said:
halo 3 launch
losing virginity (?i haven’t lost it?)

i don’t get excited the way i used to, but learning to do so by trying new shit and going outside of my comfort zone. i suppose this is a product of being once young and growing older, a loss of naivety. that doesn’t mean life should get duller as we age, however.

i never had xbox but i remember halo was a big deal back then. other games i was excited for throughout the years were ratchet and clank 2 and pokemon pearl. i remember the first all nighter i ever pulled was playing halo 3 with my friends and nowadays that doesn't seem like much, but when i was 12 it felt like i was transcending into a different dimension lmao. i think you're right though once you grow a bit older a lot of the excitement in life will come from stepping out of your comfort zone.

Konradikon said:

One of the things I remember I was excited about was joining a building contest in a Minecraft server where I used to play. We're to build an airship within a week and the best looking ones will be included in the build world the staff were working on and get big rewards.

Here's the airship I built. I call her Skipjack after a tuna :P

that airship was looking clean my dude, i never played minecraft but i know the feeling of satisfaction from creating something so that must have felt pretty good.

BallistikJuice said:
When I finally got my hands on my brand new Taiwanese "NES" knock off in 1989 along with the borrowed couple of games > Castlevania II: Simon's Quest and Ninja Gaiden(NES). That was probably the biggest excitement I've experienced in my entire life. (sadly, it's hard for me to get excited over anything these days, but it's more common when you're a teenager)

i can only imagine how cool that must have been, those games are fire. some of my favourite music in any video games are in those (dwelling of doom in castlevania especially). i feel like i still get excited about things although if i remember your age right from a different thread im a good bit younger than you are.

Shredder said:
Eventual rest sounds kinda cool tbh

i mean yes but aside from any kind of humanity extinctifying event happening very soon i don't it's worth our time for either of us about this for a decent while.... like if someone told me i just won 1000000$ but i could only claim it when i was 80 i don't know if i would actually be that excited lmao
Aug 26, 2019 8:45 AM
Jul 2018
@CowboyMode, yes, also the smell of brand new NES orange cartridges were nice, I've opened pretty much every cartridge that I personally owned to see which one has the biggest microchip-plate, out of them all KAGE (IDK, it's called "Shadow of the Ninja" in the US) was the biggest and the heaviest.

*Also, Castelvania II cartridges always had this cemetery smell to it, even when I smelled the same cartridge from a friend it also smelled like a cemetery. Freaking weird. Maybe the Japanese used recycled plastic from those cemetery plastic flowers Lol.
removed-userAug 26, 2019 9:34 AM
Aug 28, 2019 12:01 AM

Feb 2015
@CowboyMode

Sure thing. I was 2nd place in the contest and managed to give the donation money to my fellow faction member and finally get him some VIP perks in the server.

If you've never played Minecraft, good for you then, because there's so much shit to do in the game lmao
Aug 28, 2019 12:14 AM

Sep 2007
Am I the only one who was hyped for puberty? I thought I would get all the ladies~ Damn, was I wrong.

Aug 28, 2019 12:25 AM

Jul 2016
Starting university next month. The uni set up a Facebook group that let us all create our own group chats for each course or for certain societies etc. My course only had me and two other students show up and then we never used the chat. That was, until Facebook did a dumb thing and changed the rules that group pages could have their own group chats. And then one of the other two students actually went and made a new version in her own time, even putting out a call looking for more students to join. And omg, we're actually using it this time. It's still just the three of us right now but I'm glad I've at least got one friendship established before the term starts. Looking forward to meeting her irl on freshers week
Aug 28, 2019 6:12 PM

Apr 2016
When I met @moeanao and I was super nervous and excited.

Also when sekiro came out.
Aug 28, 2019 8:10 PM

Sep 2012
It's funny cause I was going to mention me getting into wow for the first time before I ever opened the thread, and OP is talking about classic wow.

As for disappointment, it depends. You could say I get disappointed frequently because I am very optimistic about things I have not experienced for myself, however, disappointment doesn't really jab me in the gut like it does with other people. I just move onto other things, so it's hard for me to remember things that have disappointed me.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 28, 2019 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
Korrvo said:
It's funny cause I was going to mention me getting into wow for the first time before I ever opened the thread, and OP is talking about classic wow.

As for disappointment, it depends. You could say I get disappointed frequently because I am very optimistic about things I have not experienced for myself, however, disappointment doesn't really jab me in the gut like it does with other people. I just move onto other things, so it's hard for me to remember things that have disappointed me.

lmao, WoW was the best man.

im right there with you, i think it's fine being optimistic about things if you have the ability to get over being disappointed quickly. ain't nobody got time to be lamenting some shit that doesn't matter. i wouldn't say i get disappointed frequently but when i do it's not a big deal.

Aug 28, 2019 8:21 PM

Sep 2012
CowboyMode said:
Korrvo said:

lmao, WoW was the best man.

im right there with you, i think it's fine being optimistic about things if you have the ability to get over being disappointed quickly. ain't nobody got time to be lamenting some shit that doesn't matter. i wouldn't say i get disappointed frequently but when i do it's not a big deal.

Personally, I believe that the more you expose yourself to the possibility of getting disappointed, the less disappointment actually matters.

Then comes the freedom to experience the joy of just being excited for things.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 28, 2019 8:23 PM

Jul 2017
I was really hyped recently when I finally passed 500 completed anime recently. I've invested a large portion of my free time to anime over the past 6 years so it was nice to feel like I've accomplished something fairly impressive in the community even if it isn't that a big deal for most people.
Aug 28, 2019 8:24 PM
Jul 2018
Korrvo said:
Personally, I believe that the more you expose yourself to the possibility of getting disappointed, the less disappointment actually matters.

Then comes the freedom to experience the joy of just being excited for things.

i consider these wise words, we live in a world where the easiest choice will always be cynicism/doubt/assuming the worst in everything

(not saying there is no place for cynicism but im sure you get what i mean)
Aug 28, 2019 8:26 PM

Sep 2012
CowboyMode said:

i consider these wise words, we live in a world where the easiest choice will always be cynicism/doubt/assuming the worst in everything

(not saying there is no place for cynicism but im sure you get what i mean)
It's damn easy being a cynic when you gotta deal with the modern day gaming industry, but hey, all the more reason to practice the opposite.
Aug 28, 2019 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
Myherodeku said:
I was really hyped recently when I finally passed 500 completed anime recently. I've invested a large portion of my free time to anime over the past 6 years so it was nice to feel like I've accomplished something fairly impressive in the community even if it isn't that a big deal for most people.

that's a lot of animes my bro, don't worry about what other people think, if you set a meaningful goal for yourself it's never a bad thing to be happy with it. congrats
Aug 28, 2019 8:43 PM

Jul 2017
CowboyMode said:
Myherodeku said:

that's a lot of animes my bro, don't worry about what other people think, if you set a meaningful goal for yourself it's never a bad thing to be happy with it. congrats

Gotta say it's nice to see someone wholesome in the forums for once. I've gotten so used to them just being people yelling at each other. You effectively created a thread for everyone to come in and talk about things they care about and that's awesome.
Aug 29, 2019 8:02 AM

Apr 2018
When I wake up, sometimes I feel an energy so great that it makes me want to do several things at once and never stop. Be
clean the house, wash, cook, run, walk, play or study. When I do something well done, I have the motivation to continue doing
something else or when I study languages, I let myself be distracted by the lessons I take ...

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Aug 31, 2019 12:44 PM

More topics from this board

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
21 seconds ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

46 by Dracowyn »»
8 minutes ago

» Looking for friends | Cultural exchange and otaku conversations

KMIR - 10 minutes ago

0 by KMIR »»
10 minutes ago

» What jobs do you all have? ( 1 2 )

AnxiousMike - Feb 11, 2023

83 by Dracowyn »»
16 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

34 by LoveYourEyes »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.