Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 24, 2019 7:38 AM

Sep 2017
Another great episode. I'm wondering about the dynamics for Akihiko's relationship with black hair guy. I was getting some kinda weird vibes. Probably something that would be covered in season two tho. I also really loved how Akihiko did the whole big bother/mentor thing for Uenoyama. Really looking forward to how they pull this together for their show.
Aug 24, 2019 8:34 AM

Sep 2018
Tsukizono said:

Disagree. The manga was already stretched out BY A LOT to fit in the anime, so I have NO IDEA why you think the relationship was "too fast". Nothing was cut - in fact the manga was even faster paced.

No, no, I didn'y say that the relationship was too fast- for me of course was relatively fast (but it doesn't bother me at all). What I meant was hmm.. for ex. inadequate pace to this relationship development.

Moreover if we compare AkihikoxHaruki in manga/anime- we can see that a lot of scenes significant to this ship are put sonner in anime than it was in the manga (maybe to speed up this relaionship?)

Tsukizono said:

It's slowpaced, sure, but I have not once felt that the characters were plain - they're grounded and realistic characters, thus they don't have flashy personalities, but you can still see that everyone's unique. Mafuyu seemed like the typical cute boy at first, but last episode really showed another side to him. Uenoyama's awkward teenage monologues since the first episode and Haruki's gay panic monologues were very endearing. And of course, this episode's standout character is Akihiko. I think slow-paced, more "chill" slice of life shows just don't fit your taste.

but I think you've got a point there
Aug 24, 2019 8:45 AM

Sep 2018
huntress1013 said:
That show is simply way too adorable.

Yeah, I also love the vibe of the series-for ex. warm, sunny daylight and not too flashy night lanterns, sleeping Mafuyu, Haruki's politeness, way of drawing characters and details, and of course stunning opening with bewildering voice filled with emotions
Aug 24, 2019 8:55 AM
Jan 2019
I love this show. It’s slow and warm, like a bowl of soup after a long day. It just makes you smile and feel good.

Ritsuka panicking to Akihiko and Akihiko treating his feelings like normal BECAUSE THEY ARE was just so refreshing to see.
Aug 24, 2019 9:08 AM

Mar 2018
beeabody said:
I love this show. It’s slow and warm, like a bowl of soup after a long day. It just makes you smile and feel good.

Ritsuka panicking to Akihiko and Akihiko treating his feelings like normal BECAUSE THEY ARE was just so refreshing to see.

Yep, yep, yep! All of this. We need more shows like these. Yaoi often feels more like non-con but this is so natural and warm. It always makes me smile. I wish the show had more episodes. Perfect slice of life.
Aug 24, 2019 11:21 AM

Oct 2017
I loved the way that Akihiko described the sense of love for him. I felt a lot identified with his thoughts but I really hope that he and Haruki stay together in the future becasuse of I thing they are will be a lovely couple.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Aug 24, 2019 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know if I'd call Ugetsu my favourite character, but he is the one I am rooting for most strongly and passionately, so him having proper screentime this episode was a joy.

I'm a manga reader. Akihiko's thoughts on his first love are such an echo to the ones I've had in his situation, I gasped when reading. But seeing it animated was still a shock.

This is the one in a million anime where I'm glad for the filler. Digging the adaptation so far.
Aug 25, 2019 2:35 AM

Oct 2008
OMG YAOI BLUSH BY UECCHI!
5/5.

Aug 25, 2019 1:09 PM
Apr 2016
Did anyone else feel like episodes 6 and 7 should have or could have been combined into one one episode? I love the anime and manga, but it seemed like the past two episodes threw off the pacing to me.
Aug 28, 2019 8:20 AM

Oct 2018
The fact that they actually aknowledged that Uenoyama likes boys and that they mentioned that general way of thinking that he's supposed to like girls by default surprised me! Generally in anime they don't really go into that, they just like boys and that's it, as If it was the most common and accepted thing in the world, but here the fact that he had some doubts about If it was pretty cool to see
Aug 28, 2019 6:14 PM
Aug 2011
Someone mentioned Ugetsu and his eyes. He's damn pretty and his eyes are too, it's no wonder Akihiko turned gay instantly.

Seriously though I wonder if the Akihiko praises will keep going this strongly after we reach a certain point if we ever do reach it at all in the anime..

That being said I do respect the conversation he had with Uenoyama about his feelings. Anime take note pls we need more instances like that. Once again I dig the slow pace of this I think it's doing a lot of good for the story.
Sep 15, 2019 3:29 PM

Aug 2017
Finally, more information about Ugetsu and Akihiko. This show is simply way too adorable.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 20, 2019 9:21 AM

Mar 2019
EratiK said:
Wish some hetero anime had based pacing and subtle relationships like this. Guess I'll be watching Nodame afterwards.

Omg man totally, don't know why they can't make it like this for other anime.
Oct 26, 2019 7:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was actually really funny tbh
Apr 7, 2020 2:45 PM
Apr 2017
What's the violin piece he's playing in the beginning?
Jun 4, 2021 4:23 PM

Jan 2021
Fantastic episode!!
So basically Uenoyama Admitted his feelings for mafuyu?!d(·∀·*)♪゚
Dec 8, 2021 3:26 PM
Dec 2017
This show gets more adorable the more you watch it.

Mar 4, 2022 7:13 PM

May 2015
Took a while, but the series has definitely gotten more interesting.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jul 28, 2022 3:33 AM

Jun 2021
I came his because i heard it's a sad one, but like why am still not attached to Ma&Ue. I like the op and ed tho, And i will watch it til the end too. It's just gonna take a little bit time ig.
Feb 18, 2023 2:19 PM

Dec 2022
It's a good episode
This is your reminder to drink water 💦 or eat some fruit  🍒 🥝
Feb 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Dec 2022
removed-user said:
Great episode. Comedic timing is great as always. Animation look solid and a lot of things happened.

Ugetsu looks beautiful in anime. All this time reading the manga I never knew what color his eyes were.

Next episode is going to be heart breaking.Looks like they are going to animated 1 or 2 chapters
Just about to watch it, so am scared now, lol
This is your reminder to drink water 💦 or eat some fruit  🍒 🥝
Feb 18, 2023 5:04 PM

Dec 2007
The first rule of being in a band is not to form romantic relationships with band members. That shit has to be established before making the band unless you want another layer to band drama lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I'm a straight guy, can I watch it?

removed-user - Oct 29, 2023

36 by NekoCats »»
Mar 2, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tubby - Jul 18, 2019

113 by Mak_and_Cheese »»
Feb 17, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 19, 2019

133 by Kildzoo25 »»
Feb 10, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tubby - Jul 25, 2019

85 by gorkoo »»
Jan 23, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 5, 2019

249 by Craneface »»
Jan 9, 1:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.