Forum Settings
Forums

The Matrix Resurrections - Official Trailer (2021)

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 24, 2021 9:24 PM

Dec 2020
Cabron said:
This movie sure was a mixed bag...
DYNASTIA said:
I just watched this today and I can't get over how shiftless this garbage is.
I can understand that someone who's never heard of the golden age Hong Kong action films can find this spectacular, but the Wachoblunders are literally offering nothing new, it's the same boredom, the same visual ugliness, the same pantomime actors, and the same abstruse dialogue shit as the rest of tetralogy.
Watching a 57-year-old fossil-like Keanu Reeves shaking his arms around like he's pretending to be a helicopter to dodge bullets is just embarrassing.

This is your fandom, have some dignity, and start watching quality, please.
Then recommend some quality please.

Oh, believe me, I could have been even more disdainful towards this crap, and it wouldn't be enough to express what I think of it.
You're asking for some good modern action films?
Revenge, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Prisoners of the Ghostland, the Suicide Squad, MI: Fallout, Gemini Man, John Wick, No Time to Die, Johnnie To's Drug War...
Hong Kong Cinema?
Once Upon a Time in China, The Grandmaster, The Blade, The Killer, Time and Tide...
DYNASTIADec 24, 2021 10:30 PM

“You’ve never succeeded at anything and you never will, and do you know why? Because you are vulgar, irremediably vulgar, and not only are you vulgar, you are ordinary.” - Maurice Pialat’s We Won't Grow Old Together (1972)
Dec 26, 2021 1:35 PM

Jul 2014
Looks like I'm in the minority in that I actually really liked Resurrections. It's got stuff that doesn't work (its action is especially disappointing if you compare it to its predecessors) but everything that does is pretty spectacular. It's a pretty great metacommentary on the original film's place within culture and how the way its themes are still relevant today. It's a pretty ballsy, audacious film, so it's definitely not gonna be for everyone. Loved Neil Patrick Harris btw.
Take care of yourself

Dec 28, 2021 5:53 PM

Dec 2020
LoveLikeBlood said:
Looks like I'm in the minority in that I actually really liked Resurrections. It's got stuff that doesn't work (its action is especially disappointing if you compare it to its predecessors) but everything that does is pretty spectacular. It's a pretty great metacommentary on the original film's place within culture and how the way its themes are still relevant today. It's a pretty ballsy, audacious film, so it's definitely not gonna be for everyone. Loved Neil Patrick Harris btw.

I would love to hear what you consider "audacious" or ''relevant'' about the new Matrix. I don't mean to rudely intrude, I'm just curious.
As for ''spectacular'', might just as well watch a Tsui Hark film.

“You’ve never succeeded at anything and you never will, and do you know why? Because you are vulgar, irremediably vulgar, and not only are you vulgar, you are ordinary.” - Maurice Pialat’s We Won't Grow Old Together (1972)
Dec 29, 2021 11:16 AM

Jan 2009
good enough sequel its not the worst sequel ever too

i like that its not all about The One but its Binary (like red pill and blue pill) its Duality/Dualism philosophy so good and evil as well as male and female working together to be the hero this time

and nobody died this time too
Dec 30, 2021 1:46 AM

Jul 2013
I watched the movie on HBO MAX a few days ago. Here are my thoughts without spoiling it for others who haven't seen it.

There isn't much purpose of the movie and by the time you finish it, you'll feel like you just had blue balls. Rather just much worse though. The direction wasn't there, and it was messy to say the least. I probably give the movie a loose 6/10 and that is doing too much for it. I think the director tried too hard and this movie should never had even come out in the first place. I doubt I would ever watch it again. While it may have had an interesting concept or at least entertaining in some parts, that is all it ever was: mildly entertaining.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7582 by Maumuu »»
4 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3383 by 3miL »»
5 hours ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4817 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
10 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

2 by Pengawas »»
12 hours ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.