Forum Settings
Forums
O Maidens In Your Savage Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2019 11:01 AM

Apr 2019
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
it's look that we have a love triangle here .
Aug 9, 2019 4:43 PM
Aug 2014
Ugh... A love triangle, a dense girlfriend. I don't know...
Aug 9, 2019 9:32 PM

Oct 2015
Bring it on, love triangle starto! Don't think Izumi will choose Sugawara but most likely Sugawara will go on the offensive first. She will definitely be rejected and 'become interesting' I guess.
Oct 18, 2019 3:06 PM

Jun 2016
Sugawara and Kazusa are playing a male and female part in their performance where they confess their love to each other, while Sugawara starts to become the rival Kazusa thought she was despite that starting to fade in her mind.

We had the girls handing out fliers for their performance. Kazusa is so bold now, talking to Izumi upfront and even anticipating him to see her performance rather than trying to avoid him in public. They had a cute little moment as both have started to think of the other as a romantic partner. Momoko had Sugimoto and his gang assault her with speech bubbles and she even overheard teasing of her being his girlfriend. He’s not that bad, he’s a little annoying and ignorant but his story about looking up to her was sweet and he did look out for her in karaoke. Just, she doesn’t like him… She’s been pigeonholed into this uncomfortable relationship of avoiding him, she has to get the courage to put a stop to it.

I’m not a fan of the Amagi misunderstanding we had emerge here. We do see him being neglected by Sonezaki and possibly feeling insecure from her secrecy so maybe that could lead to him pursuing other girls in some sense. But, still, this feels just like Kazusa seeing Izumi and Sugawara together but more shallow. That said, kids especially feel jealousy when seeing their significant others talk with other people of the opposite sex. As a narrative element I wish this was more interesting, but as an emotional element maybe it’s fine.

And Sugawara made a move on Izumi. At first I didn’t know how to feel about this. On the first reading it can feel uncomfortable and contrived. But I think it hinges on Saegusa and their conversation this chapter, as well as conflicted and confusing feelings swelling up in Sugawara’s mind. Sugawara may act wise but she is confused herself, she only recently really made friends and has been stuck on this old dude since she was a kid. She went to Saegusa for wisdom, he paid interest to her, and she liked that. This unattainable guy she’s molded by has given her his attention, he wants to be a “spectator” to her romance and her leap from girlhood. She obviously loved getting it here and to get more of his attention he told her to “more freely love and more freely commune” as well as “people aren’t property”, a kind of line that would recommend pulling Izumi away at the last second. This is an ultimatum for his attention, “don’t become a boring woman”, for if she doesn’t do these things, then she will be boring, just like that child he called boring inside. So, I think her interest in Izumi is by proxy interest in Saegusa, to add onto that Saegusa did think he was her boyfriend. She didn’t blush touching Izumi, she only blushed once she rushed to the bathroom. When I think of this love triangle starting through means this entrenched into Sugawara, from the man who has defined her worldview since she met him, I actually kind of like it. That is, if this reading of the ongoing events has merit to it.

Now that I’m caught up that means that I’ll probably buy the volumes as they come out officially assuming the scanlations aren’t quicker.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Chapter 34 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Nov 7, 2020

6 by TitanInsane »»
Jun 19, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Chapter 29 Discussion

shanimebib - Jun 8, 2019

48 by bakakisima »»
Mar 11, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Chapter 28 Discussion

bakakisima - Mar 11

0 by bakakisima »»
Mar 11, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Chapter 27 Discussion

bakakisima - Mar 11

0 by bakakisima »»
Mar 11, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Chapter 26 Discussion

bakakisima - Mar 9

0 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 10:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.