3It was OK
40.0%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
5.0%
Average 3.7
20 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2019 6:44 AM

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Kajita said Rui that he likes her. Right after he confessed, announced that Kajita is one of the winners of the competition...
In the next chapter, waiting for Rui response. I hope it'll be the same as Natsuo said Miyabi.
Akagi-kunJul 30, 2019 7:14 AM
Jul 30, 2019 7:37 AM

Nov 2012
Sasuga twitted that she is sick... No chapter next week? I hope not...

P.S. Updated - seems she is OK...

https://twitter.com/k_sasuga/status/1156095829293223936

I had a shingles, and if I tweeted here, I was told, "If I get late, I'll leave traces!" I immediately went to my local dermatologist. As a result of medical examination, it seems that she was quite early because of shingles. It was good. I am relieved to get the medicine. Thank you very much for those who told me and worried!
Akagi-kunJul 30, 2019 7:43 AM
Jul 30, 2019 1:52 PM
May 2017
This is just my opinion, but really, Chefboi is a pretty cool guy. He has clear goals, he has passion and talent, he thinks about his family, and he has a bright future. I started to think that he is much more of a man than Natsuo. If people still hating him for no reason after this chapter i think they're just in denial.

I'm still not gonna say anything about his confession though. But i think this guy deserves some love.

Akagi-kun said:
Sasuga twitted that she is sick... No chapter next week? I hope not...

P.S. Updated - seems she is OK...

https://twitter.com/k_sasuga/status/1156095829293223936

Man she really needs to finish this manga ASAP if she has a repeated health problem like this.
Jul 30, 2019 4:01 PM
Feb 2019
I like Chef and have always. But this chapter made him even better. I kind of want KajitaxRui as there so happy together and have things in common. But I also want RuixNatsuo. /:
Jul 30, 2019 4:27 PM

Nov 2012
Chef-boi may be a not a bad guy, but I don't see any chemistry between him and Rui. If they'll be together in the end it will be a some kind of cheat from Sasuga....
Akagi-kunJul 30, 2019 4:43 PM
Jul 30, 2019 6:31 PM

Mar 2015
I still don't like chef boi but he is without a doubt a better guy and match for Rui. They share the same passion for cooking.

Will Rui also win the competition and go home? Maybe. Will she accept Kajita's confession? Probably not. I don't think having Hina hook back up with Natsuo will happen because the whole family situation.
Jul 30, 2019 10:31 PM

Nov 2012
There are opinions that before the end of the story only 7-8 chapters left...
Jul 30, 2019 10:45 PM

Jun 2015
I don't think Rui will accept his confession. Only thing the guy has going for him is that he is training to be a chef. His character is just so bland.
:)
Jul 31, 2019 12:06 AM
Jan 2019
Akagi-kun said:
oh are u sure just 7-8 chap left?
Jul 31, 2019 12:53 AM

Nov 2012
midwiferuler said:
Akagi-kun said:

Not sure yet. But it is possible if volume 25 last one.
Jul 31, 2019 3:13 AM
Jan 2019
Akagi-kun said:
midwiferuler said:

Not sure yet. But it is possible if volume 25 last one.
I think it should. more is just pointless drama. I want him to end up with rui but I cant see the push they need to get back together its just so complicated and if she cant nail that ending there is always safe route hina ending. lets just hope for good one.
Jul 31, 2019 3:13 AM

Feb 2019
I.
Just.
Don't.
Like.
Kajita.

I don't really know what my problem with him is , but when he confessed all I was thinking was "F*ck that guy. I spit on his happiness." I desperately hope that she doesn't accept.
Jul 31, 2019 5:20 AM

Mar 2018
So in the end, Rui and Natsuo were right about Miyabi and Kajita.But let's act like nothing happened as Sasuga Kei way.

I don't care who ends with who as long as it's developed well.But both Miyabi and Kajita were sneaky and dishonest with their intentions.They are pissing me off.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Jul 31, 2019 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
If Sasuga sensei wanted to drag this out any longer I feel like the development of their main dishes would have been a few chapters longer, but this chapter was rushed. Not in a bad way of course because the development of Kajita's feelings have already been developed.

Yeah If Sasuga wanted to keep this going it would be cool to have Kajita get rejected and then turn into a stalker towards Rui with Natsuo coming to America to help her. But alas Rui will most likely reject Kajita. Resulting in Kajita wanting to stay in America and giving the offer to Rui to go back to Japan.

Side note I realized from the last chapter and now. Rui accepted Natsuo's current goals of being the lead of the Drama club. Now granted she is probably unaware of him not wanting to write she still supported him with what he is doing now, where as Hina is still holding onto his dream of being a writer. This makes for an interesting conclusion in my eyes.
SoraSenpaiJul 31, 2019 8:39 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 31, 2019 6:07 AM
Jan 2017
just let chef boi and rui and up together and let natsuo and hina so everyone gets a happy ending zzzz
Jul 31, 2019 6:20 AM

Nov 2012
Plecsius said:
just let chef boi and rui and up together and let natsuo and hina so everyone gets a happy ending zzzz
I believe even Hina's supporters don't really like Khajita, I'm sure of it. They just see him as a way to get out Rui of Hina's way...
Jul 31, 2019 7:00 AM
Jan 2017
Akagi-kun said:
Plecsius said:
I believe even Hina's supporters don't really like Khajita, I'm sure of it. They just see him as a way to get out Rui of Hina's way...

they can both go die in a hole for all i care but the manga is getting repetitive at this point
Jul 31, 2019 7:06 AM

Dec 2018
Go Rui and dump chef boi already
Jul 31, 2019 7:41 AM
Oct 2015
I don't think Chef boi is a bad character considering his background and personality, I just don't see a chemistry between her and Rui...idk if it's just me, i think that Rui is made for Natsuo
Jul 31, 2019 8:00 AM
Sep 2015
vong10 said:
I still don't like chef boi but he is without a doubt a better guy and match for Rui. They share the same passion for cooking.

Will Rui also win the competition and go home? Maybe. Will she accept Kajita's confession? Probably not. I don't think having Hina hook back up with Natsuo will happen because the whole family situation.

I think Kajita confessing at the competition wasn't fair to Rui. It is too emotional. If she places in the competition, she may be very happy and not want to think about her answer. She has been thinking about Nat each time going home is mentioned. She misses him, but she also likes the dream of her own restaurant.
I feel that Rui will also be announced as placing in the competition. She will try to let Kajita down softly because she will then realize she doesn't want to be apart from Natsuo. I feel that Hina may also feel a little desperate soon and confess her lingering feelings. Natsuo will have a short time of confusion because he doesn't know how Rui feels.
Some turbulent chapters ahead!
Jul 31, 2019 8:22 AM

Nov 2012
I'm not worried about Khajita at all. For now he doesn't stand a chance. He may get his chance when the story endgame is finally determined and the choice will be made. Not before. What I'm curious about - I really wonder what'll feel Rui when she finds out that Natsuo had to go through after a break up and his current state of the mind.
Jul 31, 2019 9:11 AM
Jul 2017
To tell the truth I haven't liked rui and Natsuo as lovers. Initially their relationship was very good before they started going out. But rui was way too immature even more than Natsuo when he was with Hina. That's why I don't want them back together. The way the things are, they are much relaxed and happier.
Kajita doesn't have great chemistry with rui but his confession was sincere no matter what others say. Just think of him as the MC for a second and you will get that any MC from a romance would do the same.
But he's gonna be rejected for sure.
Let's see what happens next.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Jul 31, 2019 9:25 AM

Nov 2012
MakingTheMaouCry said:
Just think of him as the MC for a second and you will get that any MC from a romance would do the same.

Same fits for Miyabi, too. But Natsuo just in love with the other person. Same for Rui.

Now everything depends on the author.

UPD. Although I noticed how the phone conversation between Natsuo and Rui went and was very puzzled by it, I think he might have decided to let go of his feelings for her and act like just a brother is only.
Akagi-kunJul 31, 2019 9:43 AM
Jul 31, 2019 2:10 PM

May 2016
MakingTheMaouCry said:
To tell the truth I haven't liked rui and Natsuo as lovers. Initially their relationship was very good before they started going out. But rui was way too immature even more than Natsuo when he was with Hina. That's why I don't want them back together. The way the things are, they are much relaxed and happier.
Kajita doesn't have great chemistry with rui but his confession was sincere no matter what others say. Just think of him as the MC for a second and you will get that any MC from a romance would do the same.
But he's gonna be rejected for sure.
Let's see what happens next.

Of course hes gonna get rejected. Rui is still in love with Nat. Have you seen her these past 2 chapters? Shes been obsessed with getting back to Japan and getting back with Nat like nothing ever happened.

Now is he done? No. Unlike Miyabi hes being built up and developed, hell hes been in the manga for over 80 chapters now. Whereas Miyabi has always been treated as a joke character. Kajita has not been. Hell Sasugas been dropping hints here and there in numerous chapters, even in this chapter. This chapter where Rui said she imagined that Kajitas dream as her own and looked incredibly happy. Thats just another sign. But again, Rui is clearly still in love with Nat, and Kajita will be rejected, doesn't mean hes done. Far from it. The reason a lot of people don't like him is because they self insert as Nat and if hes not with Rui they feel like shit because they feel like they're not with Rui.
DarudiusJul 31, 2019 3:36 PM
Aug 3, 2019 9:18 PM

May 2015
I don't hate Kajita, but I also don't want Rui and him to be together.

Aug 4, 2019 9:56 AM
Jul 2017
Why are the Scanlations taking so long this time?
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Aug 6, 2019 9:04 AM

May 2015
MakingTheMaouCry said:
Why are the Scanlations taking so long this time?

In the comments for the series on Mangakakalot, there's a dude named Tarou James that posts an imgur link every week for every new chapter. That's how I read it: Here

Aug 6, 2019 9:23 AM
Jul 2017
yeah read it from 4chan yesterday but thanks for your help man
Aug 7, 2019 3:12 AM

Apr 2018
Oh so Rui still has feelings for Natsuo. Well, hopefully she'll be the one going back
Mar 23, 2022 2:04 AM

May 2020
Kajita really break the wall. Okay seems it gonna be interesting. Kajita x Rui , Natsuo x Hina, double date time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 187 Discussion

Shikkakku - Jan 3, 2020

4 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 19, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 270 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Short_Circut - Apr 21, 2020

83 by Saijiroo »»
Mar 24, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 276 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Short_Circut - Jun 8, 2020

220 by Lord_Deathsuki »»
Mar 15, 12:23 PM

» For the sake of happiness...

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

3 by itzswxzy »»
Mar 13, 8:57 AM

» What I Think.......

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

4 by Kidzuna »»
Mar 13, 12:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.