Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2019 11:19 AM

Oct 2013
Haha, I almost forgot about this show. If not one recommendation on YouTube, I could easily stay unaware that this show was released.

While I am not planning to start even watching it as an old Saint Seiya's universe fan, I really enjoyed English cover of classic "Pegasus Fantasy" created by The Struts. It is not only a good song as a cover, but its lyrics and the way they performed it has that spark of emotion that I feel each time while listening to the original version.

I saw its opening as well. It was surprisingly good, even if it still looks pale compared to the very first one back from 1986. Dunno how the art and animation looked like in the actual episodes, but the opening ones looked way better than those presented in the first trailer.
Jul 20, 2019 1:01 PM
Mar 2016
I'm tired of Pegasus Fantasy, that's all I have to say. Overused.
Jul 20, 2019 1:27 PM

Oct 2013
CowboydelEspacio said:

I love it. For me this song never gets boring, however on the other side a cover of the original version must be social somehow to impress me and make me think of it as a good cover worthy of listening it. The Struts' "Pegasus Fantasy" I consider as that kind of cover.
Jul 20, 2019 3:13 PM

Dec 2015
A detail that made me laugh: replacing the english title in the lyrics by another english expression (Pegasus Fantasy ⇒ Destiny).
I admit that it 's a good warning about the show itself, where Saints are predestinated, use of Cosmos some innate ability triggered by feelings and overall Saints look like super-heroes.

PS: personally, I will never be tired of the original song's rendition. Just like Get Wild became the song I immediately attach to City Hunter, this one is forever the one representing StS in my mind (with a 2nd place for Hades' Chikyûgi)
Jul 22, 2019 6:23 AM
Mar 2016
Adnash93 said:
CowboydelEspacio said:

I love it. For me this song never gets boring, however on the other side a cover of the original version must be social somehow to impress me and make me think of it as a good cover worthy of listening it. The Struts' "Pegasus Fantasy" I consider as that kind of cover.

After listening a couple of times, I must say that I agree, it's a pretty good cover. I'd say it's the best thing about Netflix Saint Seiya. lol.
Jul 22, 2019 12:43 PM
Aug 2018
Its a good cover however its far from being as good as the original imo
Jul 22, 2019 4:05 PM

Oct 2013
Riversofbeauty said:
Its a good cover however its far from being as good as the original imo

Hehe, indeed. The original song is still invincible. :D

More topics from this board

» Am I the only fan the original anime who actually likes this adaptation?

boldulysses - Aug 9, 2019

9 by kratos_aurion »»
Apr 21, 2023 7:23 AM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 12 Discussion

Joycdonnell - Jan 26, 2020

4 by luskets »»
Jan 1, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 11 Discussion

deg - Jan 30, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 4:05 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 10 Discussion

deg - Jan 30, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 3:01 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 9 Discussion

deg - Jan 29, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 2:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.